Thread: Suggestion: HDB should

Default Suggestion: HDB should

reintroduce landed development and priced each at s$1m to s$1.5m.

I will definately support HDB and buy at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    reintroduce landed development and priced each at s$1m to s$1.5m.

I will definately support HDB and buy at least one.
    They can locate these new landed development in Pungool or Pasir Ris and curb it at MOP of 7 years.

They can locate these new landed development in Pungool or Pasir Ris and curb it at MOP of 7 years.
    1000 of these units developed can help hundreds of middle class families.

1000 of these units developed can help hundreds of middle class families.
    Build terrace houses with basement carpark and 3 storeys of 5 rooms and one granny room in the first level.

I will like to buy one, if my brother-in law or myself eligible.

Build terrace houses with basement carpark and 3 storeys of 5 rooms and one granny room in the first level.
    At the end of the row of terrace houses, build one set of semi-ds and one bungalow. The revenue from the semi-ds and bungalow can be used to support the maintenance of the development for at least 7 years. HDB can also collect miantenance from these landed housing.

Only Singaporean are qualified to buy first hand. PR and foreigners must buy in the resales market.

Of course, to keep the pricing competitive, the land lease could be given at 60 or 70 years.

for hdb upgraders and with subsides

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK
    for hdb upgraders and with subsides
    Yes, these buyers must sell all their private properties within 6 months but they can buy back later.

I have been looking at the prices the buyers are paying for new condos. They can afford up to S$2million for an EC. So why not help these people who are the sandwiched ones who cannot afford the ridiculous private landed, but can actually afford this price bracket.

bottomline singapore housing mkt is in a MESS one of the most complicated in the world
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Why so complicated? HDB should allow citizens to buy more than ONE HDB
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    Why so complicated? HDB should allow citizens to buy more than ONE HDB
    It is called a way of life or quality of life. nothing to do with making profits here

also daydreaming of it if it does not set a ceiling on the buyer's income. but, is it possible when the policy makers have already bought a lot of private landed?

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    also daydreaming of it if it does not set a ceiling on the buyer's income. but, is it possible when the policy makers have already bought a lot of private landed?
    it has to set a ceiling so that those that are very rich can continue to fry their private landed until crash.

HDB is a housing development board, as such it should focus on all levels of the society housing needs and not only on the lower or middle income.

the HDB landed is just like the missing link in the mercedes models. Mercedes has now came up with the CLA class to bridge the link between her consumers.

I have emailed in the election year 2011 and the reply was

<<Thank you for sharing your ideas on landed housing provision.

In drawing up our land use plans for Singapore, we recognise that our people have different aspirations for housing. Thus we provide a variety of housing forms ranging from landed housing, townhouses, to private condominiums and public flats.

Nonetheless, as we continue to provide a range of housing types, we are also cognisant that given Singapore's land limitations and the need to provide sufficient housing for new families and upgraders. Therefore, we need to optimise land use by putting more land to higher density uses, like condominiums and flats, where possible.

We recognise that there are those who aspire to live in landed housing. We will continue to provide landed housing where suitable.

Thank you for your interest in our living environment and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Regards, >>

Therefore, I doubt so unless they lose their 2/3 majority. Till then, every proposal is about milking you in a mountain of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by slepland
    I have emailed in the election year 2011 and the reply was

<<Thank you for sharing your ideas on landed housing provision.

In drawing up our land use plans for Singapore, we recognise that our people have different aspirations for housing. Thus we provide a variety of housing forms ranging from landed housing, townhouses, to private condominiums and public flats.

Nonetheless, as we continue to provide a range of housing types, we are also cognisant that given Singapore's land limitations and the need to provide sufficient housing for new families and upgraders. Therefore, we need to optimise land use by putting more land to higher density uses, like condominiums and flats, where possible.

We recognise that there are those who aspire to live in landed housing. We will continue to provide landed housing where suitable.

Thank you for your interest in our living environment and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Regards, >>

Therefore, I doubt so unless they lose their 2/3 majority. Till then, every proposal is about milking you in a mountain of debt.

Thank You for sharing, good brother

From their response to you, I still think there is a possibility HDB can build landed.

Quote Originally Posted by slepland
    silly singsporeans, always thinking the govetnment is out to skin you alive. Have u been to our neighbouring countries... haha...

i somewhat agree with you because HDB play too many roles

1. public housing - as the 1st housing for newly wed to start a family

2. upgraders - for existing owner to sell to have a leg up to upgrade

3. investment - as an asset that its value grow over years, sublet whole units, etc

4. retirement plan - buyback scheme, rent out rooms for passive income, etc

5. housing needs for immigrant - SPR to buy, rooms rent to FT, etc

hence, so many vested interests with different expectations ...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bottomline singapore housing mkt is in a MESS one of the most complicated in the world
    Last edited by wt_know; 17-08-13 at 21:44.