Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Floridian (D21, FH, Orchard Parade (Far East) / Wing Tai JV)

quality aside, u can be sure that Far East always have some of the best location

Question Floridian close to mrt : big deal by 2015?

floridian will be walking dist from mrt. will it be a big adv then, when all other stations will be operating as well?

Wanna hear your thoughts, I personally think it will still be a good adv. as it will be much more connected to central area but at same time bukit timah area where floridian is should remain a well appointed residential area w schools.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

$1,707 psf?
    Still can't break hïgh of $1,750 psf.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
    Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Floridian .......... RCR ....... 150 ....................... 4 ........................... 1,707 ........... 1,597 ........... 1,440

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    floridian will be walking dist from mrt. will it be a big adv then, when all other stations will be operating as well?

Wanna hear your thoughts, I personally think it will still be a good adv. as it will be much more connected to central area but at same time bukit timah area where floridian is should remain a well appointed residential area w schools.
    Hi, My thoughts based on having lived in the area for 12 years and counting.
    Floridian and the few clusters of largish FL/999FH condo are unbeatable as a location for real families.
    Bread and butter amenities, value for money food are just round the corner/up the road-NTUC-Finest, Cold Storage, Beauty World food areas, Bukit Timah hawker centre/wet market. MGS/Ngee Ann Poly is just next door. many good schools are straight down the road via Dunearn road, future CBD at Jurong is quite near for the future eventualities. There is a lot of greeneries/matured trees; parks and nature reserves are also within the vicinity.
    As I said these are for real families real stayers with practical considerations (not speculators or super-rich to park their money but dont need to stay).
    I always read about bad traffic being mentioned-but traffic moves at a pace thats IS associated with peak hours-get real. This is due to the fact that a large percentage if not all the households own cars and drive to work.
    The ERP near Stevens Road is only 50cts which is hardly any dis-incentive-but none of us I believe are petitioning for higher charges to get more cars off the road.
    The DTL2 goes straight to the new downtown/IR and is said to be the most expensive line, being fully underground, that serves the least no. of people.
    What more can one ask unless one has unlimited $ resources.
    In fact I love the area so much that am looking for a second new FH property in the general vicinity possibly also to stay-but due to $ constraint are looking at the immediate upstream neigbourhood of Jurong Kechil/Old Jurong Road.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

many good schools are straight down the road via Dunearn road
    - that down the road probably needs to drive for more than 10 mins (more if during peak hours)!

The ERP near Stevens Road is only 50cts which is hardly any dis-incentive
    - Why the need for ERP along Dunearn Road after Stevens Road junction? Because traffic very very bad in the direction from Upper Bukit Timah towards Newton mah, so have to discourage people from driving there. If traffic still that bad, increasing ERP charges is just a matter of time.

Anybody who pay $1700 psf for Floridian -
    For that price they could have got themselves a property in Balmoral/Newton/Novena areas that are less crowded and less jammed up on the roads and closer to all the good schools there as compared to the upper part of the Dunern Road (north of Stevens Road).

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    Hi, My thoughts based on having lived in the area for 12 years and counting.
    Floridian and the few clusters of largish FL/999FH condo are unbeatable as a location for real families.
    Bread and butter amenities, value for money food are just round the corner/up the road-NTUC-Finest, Cold Storage, Beauty World food areas, Bukit Timah hawker centre/wet market. MGS/Ngee Ann Poly is just next door. many good schools are straight down the road via Dunearn road, future CBD at Jurong is quite near for the future eventualities. There is a lot of greeneries/matured trees; parks and nature reserves are also within the vicinity.
    As I said these are for real families real stayers with practical considerations (not speculators or super-rich to park their money but dont need to stay).
    I always read about bad traffic being mentioned-but traffic moves at a pace thats IS associated with peak hours-get real. This is due to the fact that a large percentage if not all the households own cars and drive to work.
    The ERP near Stevens Road is only 50cts which is hardly any dis-incentive-but none of us I believe are petitioning for higher charges to get more cars off the road.
    The DTL2 goes straight to the new downtown/IR and is said to be the most expensive line, being fully underground, that serves the least no. of people.
    What more can one ask unless one has unlimited $ resources.
    In fact I love the area so much that am looking for a second new FH property in the general vicinity possibly also to stay-but due to $ constraint are looking at the immediate upstream neigbourhood of Jurong Kechil/Old Jurong Road.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    many good schools are straight down the road via Dunearn road
    - that down the road probably needs to drive for more than 10 mins (more if during peak hours)!

The ERP near Stevens Road is only 50cts which is hardly any dis-incentive
    - Why the need for ERP along Dunearn Road after Stevens Road junction? Because traffic very very bad in the direction from Upper Bukit Timah towards Newton mah, so have to discourage people from driving there. If traffic still that bad, increasing ERP charges is just a matter of time.

Anybody who pay $1700 psf for Floridian -
    For that price they could have got themselves a property in Balmoral/Newton/Novena areas that are less crowded and less jammed up on the roads and closer to all the good schools there as compared to the upper part of the Dunern Road (north of Stevens Road).
    Hi,
    Have no issues with any of your comments or any other point of views-opinion was shared for the enquiring forumer, based on my personal experience, requirements and opinion living at the area for a long time; and within the constraints, trade offs, hence there will always be a downsides and conversely. Hence driving 10mins or more, slow but moving traffic, perhaps even higher ERP to improve things if it does, and with the future MRT the option of not driving to work-noting the ever decreasing nos of parking lots and increasing parking cost within the CBD are just part of the equation, which might be none issue, minor to some but major to others.

Floridian is a brand new project; and within the context of similar brand new project, expensive it may be, doubt for similar new projects you could get same price for Balmoral/Newton-FEO also, Cyan I think now asking $2200+ maybe more. And in addition Newton, Novena are referred to as home of the "needle" condos. ie very tall thin condos with hardly any land to speak of, cluttered and closed to each other, but again to each his own and within his means and acceptable trade-offs.

Who cares whether it is brand new or not? Buy brand new after a few years still become old. What is more important is: Is it value for money vs other locations & other condos? I rather go for resale in better location any time for this kind of "brand new" price.

Cyan worth $2200 psf means Floridian not even worth $1700 psf (location is like "hell & heaven" difference mah - The ERP separating them already telling us something).

Newton & Novena many worth-while condos to look at, not cluttered at all. Any place also have some cluttered condos, e.g. Cyan and surrounding condos (Bellerive, Mandison, Ferrell Residences) when fully built up also will become very cluttered but still can sell at $2200 psf.

Tall thin condos? I like this! High floor, breezy, no mosquitoes, flies, flying insects etc, each floor only 3-4 neighbours (exclusive), neighbours cannot look into neighbouring units living room or bedrooms!
    Nowsdays, there are just too many very cluttered new condos, each level spanning 6 & more units usually surrounding around the pool. No wonder different units can look into each other's living space (no privacy at all)! Not only that, all the big big planter areas, bay windows that buyers need to pay for it (but cannot use)...

Hi,
    Have no issues with any of your comments or any other point of views-opinion was shared for the enquiring forumer, based on my personal experience, requirements and opinion living at the area for a long time; and within the constraints, trade offs, hence there will always be a downsides and conversely. Hence driving 10mins or more, slow but moving traffic, perhaps even higher ERP to improve things if it does, and with the future MRT the option of not driving to work-noting the ever decreasing nos of parking lots and increasing parking cost within the CBD are just part of the equation, which might be none issue, minor to some but major to others.

Floridian is a brand new project; and within the context of similar brand new project, expensive it may be, doubt for similar new projects you could get same price for Balmoral/Newton-FEO also, Cyan I think now asking $2200+ maybe more. And in addition Newton, Novena are referred to as home of the "needle" condos. ie very tall thin condos with hardly any land to speak of, cluttered and closed to each other, but again to each his own and within his means and acceptable trade-offs.

we shd be thankful to new launches...if not our condo prices cannot move up....haha

who will want to drive an old 'car' when new 'car' is almost the same price man...

for those prime areas...make more sense to get older resale if difference of more den 500psf from new launches. but for OCR, if only difference of 150-200psf, maybe better to get new project...bcoz a major reno may cost 100k

Very sweet and dignified response to teddybear . I like your style. Good luck for your search for your second home upstream in Upper Bukit timah/Jurong Kechil.

Hi,

Why $500psf difference for CCR old vs new?
    Frankly speaking, to reno the whole place in CCR using branded goods also won't cost more than $200 psf.

For OCR, the reno won't cost more than $100 psf to restore to "brand new" interior condition.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    we shd be thankful to new launches...if not our condo prices cannot move up....haha

who will want to drive an old 'car' when new 'car' is almost the same price man...

for those prime areas...make more sense to get older resale if difference of more den 500psf from new launches. but for OCR, if only difference of 150-200psf, maybe better to get new project...bcoz a major reno may cost 100k

Default Some towers already sold out- good or bad?

Could you share your experience with me?

Learned that Floridian in past 2 months (coinciding w opening of Cascadia show flat) has sold several units. Guess it drew inevitable comparison btw Cascadia and all other develop in the region.

But question is this: as result some towers are now fully sold. Should a buyer be concerned that develop is fully sold with still 50% of the construction still to happen? Would fact that tower is fully sold reduce incentive for developer to go last extra mile to impress when top date comes?

Cheers!

Default Help :) from your experience

Could you share your experience with me?

Learned that Floridian in past 2 months (coinciding w opening of Cascadia show flat) has sold several units. Guess it drew inevitable comparison btw Cascadia and all other develop in the region.

But question is this: as result some towers are now fully sold. Should a buyer be concerned that develop is fully sold with still 50% of the construction still to happen? Would fact that tower is fully sold reduce incentive for developer to go last extra mile to impress when top date comes?

Cheers!

Could not understand exactly what you are asking. Probably that's why nobody has responded.

Anyway, Floridian sold 20 units in June 2010 while The Cascadia sold 38 units.

Default Hi Wesing

Sorry for less than clear question.

See, selected towers of Floridian are now fully sold. TOP is expected 2012 Q1.

Do you see possibility that , because towers are now fully sold, developer will not make construction as nice as to try expand margins (units sold anyway so not much incentive to make units "shine").

I am of the opinion that FEO & Wing Tai would not behave in such unprofessional manner as to purposely slack in the building of this project since it already over 50% sold. They have a reputation (though not much of one for FEO) to protect, right?

Default Hi Wesing

Reputation should count. But have you ever heard of any situation like the one I described?

Since no one has seen an actual unit yet, developer can still built everything to meet specifications. But may not put all the attention and efforts to deliver a top notch property at the end.

Maybe it is just too much concern from a newbie as me...Tks!

Well after buying the unit, we just have to trust the developer to do a good job as promised. Beyond our control if they don't but we could still hold back the last 15% (payable 12 months after TOP) if not satisfied with the final product.

That is why most people when purchasing a unit would always include the developer's reputation into the "whether to buy" equation. From the discussions I gathered from this forum, Wheelock, CDL, Wing Tai and Fraser-Centerpoint seems to rank high in this regard.

Default JV

Makes sense. In terms of this development in particular, Floridian is JV with marketing by FEO and I think development by Wing Tai. So it is good to have Wing Tai along.

For projects completed top 2008 to 2010, do you reckon FEO still facing quality issues?

Tks a lot!

I have never owned any FEO property. So could not comment. But based on what I gather in this forum and also heard elsewhere, most pple do not think highly of their projects.

I think FEO properties are actually pretty good quality - just very expensive. I think FEO has greatly improved in the past 10 years. Far East usually don't scrimp on inside finishings - good italian marble etc. even for mass-market condos. The worst are the boutique developers.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    I have never owned any FEO property. So could not comment. But based on what I gather in this forum and also heard elsewhere, most pple do not think highly of their projects.

Wing Tai is the one who have balcony glass panel falling down - almost killing the residents.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...399749/1/.html
    Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    Makes sense. In terms of this development in particular, Floridian is JV with marketing by FEO and I think development by Wing Tai. So it is good to have Wing Tai along.

For projects completed top 2008 to 2010, do you reckon FEO still facing quality issues?

Tks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    i owned a few FEO projects b4...their quality is alright and in fact better den those recently TOP projects...i dunwan to name them la

as i said, their price keep gg up and towards the final phase, those potential buyers will find the price too high to swallow and start to pick nitty gritty stuff to say...if sell u at good price, ppl wun be so bothered abt the furnishing liao

i am in the construction industry and i can tell u want u see for the finish is not what u actually get. Items like xxx brand kitchen stuff they marketed in their brochure, yes u get it. But other stuff like marble flooring etc, u only get look alike. To be fair, its not Feo fault, its the contractors fault to shrimp n save. And i am not going to name those contractors here.. But u always see them doing feo projects for a certain reason.

I actually rank FEO above some other local developers nowadays. Shall not name names.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    i am in the construction industry and i can tell u want u see for the finish is not what u actually get. Items like xxx brand kitchen stuff they marketed in their brochure, yes u get it. But other stuff like marble flooring etc, u only get look alike. To be fair, its not Feo fault, its the contractors fault to shrimp n save. And i am not going to name those contractors here.. But u always see them doing feo projects for a certain reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    i know a pretty famous tile supplier .. who sell tiles to a very famous developer whose projects always sell out ... and set new record psf ...

i know he does, so do most developers ... give u high end appliances ( buy in bulk , so cheaper) but give you china tiles in toilets ..

so when u walk into this high end bathroom .. all you WOW about is the Grohe taps etc .. but check the tiles ... they are china tiles .. and not matching italian tiles ..

I think I know which developer you're talking about. And this is one od the local developers that I will rank below Far East.

I think sometimes, people don't visit the actual units (showflats not counted) themselves and just condemn this or that developer based on hearsay from their grandparents. I have seen some Far East projects - just mass market - that has much better quality than other "high-end" listed developer projects (some of them listed above). Remember, always use your own judgement, visit more units and make your own choice. And always have an open mind. It varies project by project - but Far East has become quite good in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i know a pretty famous tile supplier .. who sell tiles to a very famous developer whose projects always sell out ... and set new record psf ...

i know he does, so do most developers ... give u high end appliances ( buy in bulk , so cheaper) but give you china tiles in toilets ..

so when u walk into this high end bathroom .. all you WOW about is the Grohe taps etc .. but check the tiles ... they are china tiles .. and not matching italian tiles ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think I know which developer you're talking about. And this is one od the local developers that I will rank below Far East.

I think sometimes, people don't visit the actual units (showflats not counted) themselves and just condemn this or that developer based on hearsay from their grandparents. I have seen some Far East projects - just mass market - that has much better quality than other "high-end" listed developer projects (some of them listed above). Remember, always use your own judgement, visit more units and make your own choice. And always have an open mind. It varies project by project - but Far East has become quite good in recent years.
    i recently visited hillvista by FEO..quite impressed

1080psf for 5th flr ok anot ar? nice unblock view and no balcony...minimum wastage...

Default Tessarina

As we continue talking about developers, one thing that needs resolution asap is flooding at tessarina

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_555014.html

see pics at the bottom of page.

if not fixed quickly, bukit timah area might get tagged as flooding prone area for good.....

Default btw

btw, Maplewoods had zerp issues with flooding....whats up w Tessarina ???

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i recently visited hillvista by FEO..quite impressed

1080psf for 5th flr ok anot ar? nice unblock view and no balcony...minimum wastage...
    after terrene's 1250psf suddenly Hillvista seems acceptable ~

did u see park natura? is imo at a better location than hillvista