Thread: World War 3 - Arms race starting

Question World War 3 - Arms race starting

Will we see WWIII in our lifetime? i.e. those in their 30s?

The current new generation that had not experienced war and had comfortable lives living off the wealth of baby boomers have always clamored for independence, individualism (facebook) may walk towards this path in the face of boredom with the lack of fear, pain from the aftermath of wars like our previous generation did.

India just announced locally built INS Vikrant aircraft carrier. China is also building. Japan built something that is supposedly not an aircraft carrier but can be used to launch aircrafts if they want.

For those in their 30s, we may see WWIII in our twilight years and relive the suffering that our parents and grandparents went through.....

What's the meaning of life? Endless pursuit of materialism, success only to spoon feed the next generation who will eventually launch WWIII in the face of boredom and excitement. (Extreme sports are only so extreme until the extremists get bored of them and decide that genocide is the better game).

Vicious cycle......

Source for aircraft carriers news : Straits Times Sunday, 10th Aug 2013.

That is scary hor, brother

Life to me is about enjoying what I have with my family and giving back to the less fortunate whenever possible.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Life to me is about enjoying what I have with my family and giving back to the less fortunate whenever possible.
    You are an admirable man, I respect u

Morbid thought.

I think war is not as scary as a giant asteroid hitting earth n annihilating mankind

Nowadays is more of electronic and economic war. You can destroy a person or a country without killing. Living in pain and poverty is worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Nowadays is more of electronic and economic war. You can destroy a person or a country without killing. Living in pain and poverty is worse than death.
    Chances are, whoever loses the electronic and economic war will wage the real war, I.e. nothing to lose anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Chances are, whoever loses the electronic and economic war will wage the real war, I.e. nothing to lose anymore.
    If u loose the electronic/economic war, your efforts to wage a real war will be futile. At most some terrorist type road side bombs or bobo shooting rockets and guns. Most probably any resistance will be suppressed immediately by precision strikes.

More likely to have a virtual cyberwar of words and insults on social network or cyberyterrorism that shuts down whole govt offices and ops worldwide ba...

Physical violence is passe leh.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Something needs to be changed. The way things are now going is a vicious cycle and leading to self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    If u loose the electronic/economic war, your efforts to wage a real war will be futile. At most some terrorist type road side bombs or bobo shooting rockets and guns. Most probably any resistance will be suppressed immediately by precision strikes.
    Germany was in such poverty state before WWII.

Vietcong trounced the US during Vietnam war.

High tech is no match for High Morale guerillas.

Psychological warfare is the ultimate weapon.

Who will play this psychological warfare to its best?