Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you co relate property prices with the economy

Default Do you co relate property prices with the economy

Do you think prices will crash if economy is growing????

http://www.stjobs.sg/career-resource...spore/a/122918

http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publi...%20Mar2013.pdf

Look at the past years ppi... When did the prices tanked???

1997, 2008. Now ask yourself this question, why????

Of course if you consider a 5-10% drop to be a crash, I cannot argue with you, after all it is your definition....

Honestly, I see so many kan cheong spiders in this forum leh... Rental drop a bit, scream sky drop... Interest climb up a bit, shout take cover.... Economy drop a bit, whole world coming to an end...

Aiyo, why so pessimistic????? Honestly, if so scared... I can imagine this people play stocks...

Aiyo, my Citibank shares I bot last time a thousand shares @ 20 dollar than bot some more @ 1.50 dropped to 1.... Also like that wat... Of course now is @ 5+ (actual price is 50+ because of reverse split).

Aiya... Relax lar... This kan cheong, that kan cheong... My advise is please keep in fd in the bank and split up into multiple 50k hor... Hahahahahaha

Let me tell you, the CM is the best thing that happened to all this kan cheong spiders.... It cause the bubble to stop forming... I will not say anymore... It's about time all this kan cheong spiders start using their brains...

This forum will not have such force to move the market in buying or selling lar... You ask around your friends, how many heard of this forum... Hahahahahaha

Bank of England to keep stimulus until unemployment drops to 7%

August 7, 2013, 7:28 a.m.
    WASHINGTON -- The Bank of England on Wednesday said it would maintain its stimulus program until the unemployment rate falls to 7%, following the same strategy as the U.S. Federal Reserve in providing an explicit target for when it would raise interest rates.

The unemployment rate in Britain is 7.8% and is not forecast to drop to 7% for at least two years.

The unemployment rate would need to fall to 7% before the bank's Monetary Policy Committee would consider raising its short-term interest rate from 0.5% and halting its bond-buying program, said Mark Carney, who took over as head of the British central bank last month.

If the global central banks co-relate stimulus with employment, it directly co-relate with property in sg. It means the stimulus will be open ended and long term. It means the age of exploration to the east is begining all over again. In the old age the kings of europe funding their explorers to the east to find resources. In this age they can do the same with the click of the mouse. We have to defend our own wealth. Selling cheap is not very wise.

Hi chestnut & indo
    You are back.
    Well done Coming back to calm the kan cheong spidermen.

I don't understand the talk of capital pull back and stimulus tapering. Why on earth the west withdrawing their weapons and ammunitions (money) from the east, while they are in the midst of "economic war" in the east. What would they do with the money after they pull back their capital? They cannot eat the money.

Oops, typo error... I did not buy a thousand shares of Citibank shares. I bought a few thousand Citibank shares at US$50 a pop.

Hahahahaha... No need to kan cheong...

But honestly, even if you all sell, it is ok for me lar... Why? You may ask? You are not related to me wat.... Hahahahaha

In fact, if they sell and don't know other instruments to play with, they will wind up poorer... Because of inflation

Look at 1900, then 1950, then 1960, then 1970, then 1980, then 1990, then fast forward to 2013. Tell me the price of noodle at each point. Tell me the price of property at each point?????

OPEN your eyes. Now OPEN your brains even bigger...

Gan chiong also no point. Might as well relax and just collect rental. If it drops, it drops. So be it. A drop is inevitable and after that, a rise will follow. Anyway, rental is so strong now, who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Honestly, I see so many kan cheong spiders in this forum leh... Rental drop a bit, scream sky drop... Interest climb up a bit, shout take cover.... Economy drop a bit, whole world coming to an end...

Aiyo, why so pessimistic????? Honestly, if so scared... I can imagine this people play stocks...

Aiyo, my Citibank shares I bot last time a thousand shares @ 20 dollar than bot some more @ 1.50 dropped to 1.... Also like that wat... Of course now is @ 5+ (actual price is 50+ because of reverse split).

Aiya... Relax lar... This kan cheong, that kan cheong... My advise is please keep in fd in the bank and split up into multiple 50k hor... Hahahahahaha

Let me tell you, the CM is the best thing that happened to all this kan cheong spiders.... It cause the bubble to stop forming... I will not say anymore... It's about time all this kan cheong spiders start using their brains...

This forum will not have such force to move the market in buying or selling lar... You ask around your friends, how many heard of this forum... Hahahahahaha

Hdb cov goin down vs rcr price gain of 1.2%

Looks like hdb is getting the brunt of gov measures....

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Gan chiong also no point. Might as well relax and just collect rental. If it drops, it drops. So be it. A drop is inevitable and after that, a rise will follow. Anyway, rental is so strong now, who cares...
    A drop is inevitable....anyway, rental is so strong, who cares....

Let me give my view on CM...

CM has actually prevented a bubble from being formed.... If not a similar 'sub-prime to US' would have occurred.

Those who sell now, is really hope they know what to do with the cash...

CM already prevent all the weaklings from coming in....

So if immigration still persist, what will happen....

If the govt really wanted the prices to drop, the easiest was to allow the developer who bidded highest to win (even though it fell below reserve price). So why did they not do that???? aiyo... Hint already there wat....

Do you think QE tapering will if US is in shit??? So if tapering happens, it is because US is recovering right????

Just like, if immigration increases, do you think inflation will happen??? Good or bad??? Up to you... But property prices will go up rite??? So if you vested - good. If you not vested - kpkb.... Hahahahahaha

I have filtered out all the kpkb already... They will not affect my emotions... I control how I want to feel and only three of us can control the emotions... Who are this 3???? Me, myself and I. Hahahahahaha

So Bottomline... I am all for CMs.... This will assist those who cannot think...

Hip hip hooray CM

Selamat Hari Raya bros and sis...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Hdb cov goin down vs rcr price gain of 1.2%

Looks like hdb is getting the brunt of gov measures....
    As long as there is cov, it just means prices are increasing, at a slower rate.

Unless we see CUV, possible?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

CMs has shut the doors of many who use properties as a means of retirement planning.
    Let me give my view on CM...

CM has actually prevented a bubble from being formed.... If not a similar 'sub-prime to US' would have occurred.

Those who sell now, is really hope they know what to do with the cash...

CM already prevent all the weaklings from coming in....

So if immigration still persist, what will happen....

If the govt really wanted the prices to drop, the easiest was to allow the developer who bidded highest to win (even though it fell below reserve price). So why did they not do that???? aiyo... Hint already there wat....

Do you think QE tapering will if US is in shit??? So if tapering happens, it is because US is recovering right????

Just like, if immigration increases, do you think inflation will happen??? Good or bad??? Up to you... But property prices will go up rite??? So if you vested - good. If you not vested - kpkb.... Hahahahahaha

I have filtered out all the kpkb already... They will not affect my emotions... I control how I want to feel and only three of us can control the emotions... Who are this 3???? Me, myself and I. Hahahahahaha

So Bottomline... I am all for CMs.... This will assist those who cannot think...

Hip hip hooray CM

Selamat Hari Raya bros and sis...

Dear bros and sis, read this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_bubble

http://www.singaporepropertycycle.co...f-past-cycles/

Remember, the stock market is forward looking... Your indication will come from the stock market....

Use your brain.... If you believe in voodoo, soothsayers who spout nonsense, what can I say???? Hahahahahaha

Some people claim to have 3rd eye... Actually it is a keloid. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    CMs has shut the doors of many who use properties as a means of retirement planning.
    Bro, DC... If don't have CM. I now would have bought at least another 4 more units..... The 10% damn hard to swallow... I did pay a 3% though.... Hahahaha

Lucky man...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    As long as there is cov, it just means prices are increasing, at a slower rate.

Unless we see CUV, possible?
    CUV is possible. During deep recession...

National day special: cm 1 to cm7 remove for a day.

Already contributed too much tax and do not want to contribute more.
    Bro, DC... If don't have CM. I now would have bought at least another 4 more units..... The 10% damn hard to swallow... I did pay a 3% though.... Hahahaha

Lucky man...

In attempting to identify bubbles before they burst, economists have developed a number of financial ratios and economic indicators that can be used to evaluate whether homes in a given area are fairly valued. By comparing current levels to previous levels that have proven unsustainable in the past (i.e. led to or at least accompanied crashes), one can make an educated guess as to whether a given real estate market is experiencing a bubble. Indicators describe two interwoven aspects of housing bubble: a valuation component and a debt (or leverage) component. The valuation component measures how expensive houses are relative to what most people can afford, and the debt component measures how indebted households become in buying them for home or profit (and also how much exposure the banks accumulate by lending for them).

Chestnut brother gives us a link to the definition of what constitutes a housing bubble. It is informative to know if the economic indicators are signalling the beginning of a bubble (or like what REDAS chief mentioned " a inflection point" ). I personally think the government has intervened timely with a staggered series of measures to prevent a runaway housing bubble. This is good for those who genuinely want to own a property and also for investors who desire a decent return on their investment.

Quote Originally Posted by 3centsworth
    In attempting to identify bubbles before they burst, economists have developed a number of financial ratios and economic indicators that can be used to evaluate whether homes in a given area are fairly valued. By comparing current levels to previous levels that have proven unsustainable in the past (i.e. led to or at least accompanied crashes), one can make an educated guess as to whether a given real estate market is experiencing a bubble. Indicators describe two interwoven aspects of housing bubble: a valuation component and a debt (or leverage) component. The valuation component measures how expensive houses are relative to what most people can afford, and the debt component measures how indebted households become in buying them for home or profit (and also how much exposure the banks accumulate by lending for them).

Chestnut brother gives us a link to the definition of what constitutes a housing bubble. It is informative to know if the economic indicators are signalling the beginning of a bubble (or like what REDAS chief mentioned " a inflection point" ). I personally think the government has intervened timely with a staggered series of measures to prevent a runaway housing bubble. This is good for those who genuinely want to own a property and also for investors who desire a decent return on their investment.
    It's so lyrical. I love it.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

I was in shanghai recently and I was shocked that prices of properties rose about 10 fold since 2005. And despite that, prices keep going up and if not for their govt's restriction in number of properties that one can buy, I think it'll go much higher.

When i told my shanghai friends about our average housing prices, their only reaction were "very cheap" considering our low interest rates. They can't understand why we kpkb about high prices. In fact, they started enquiring how they can buy properties here.

I'm convinced that the prices of yesteryear r gone. We're at the mercy of massive global inflow of funds from giants like china and India. Ask any china or Indian friends where they would want to consider buying properties and Singapore is definitely one of the top considerations. Want to sell cheap? I believe we have substantial foreign demand waiting to buy them off you. I'm not talking about high end CCR properties. Nowadays, new players have shifted their focus to RCR and OCR probably due to the relative lower quantums.

This is what I think will happen.. When hdb n BTO have stabilized and there is sufficient supply in the markets (as many have forecasted in the TOPs over the next 3 years), govt will open the flood gates to foreigners after GE2016. They will need the numbers to keep up w GDP growth. It's a no brainer. So if there is any price weakness in the next couple of years, just buy. You won't go wrong.

Remember, Singapore is unlike any other countries. We r an island and land is limited. Even far flung pasir ris or jurong west are no longer considered ulu. Prices can only go up in the long run.

Look at the ppi chart

http://www.singaporepropertycycle.co...y-price-index/

1999 was the lowest point after Asian crisis.... Ppi was about 100. Today, ppi is about 215... More than double right??? Hahahahahaha

WAIT!!!!!!!!

Have u guys heard of this word - INFLATION??????? Hahahahahaha

Yes - INFLATION...

Lets assume inflation ave of 3% from 1999 to 2013 - 14 years...

PPI will move from 100(year 1998) to 151(year 2013)
    So property price only rose from 151 to 214. About 39% percent over 14 years. Hahahahahaha

Do you own calculation.... Hahahahahaha

Today I good mood....

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

Quote Originally Posted by pool100

This is what I think will happen.. When hdb n BTO have stabilized and there is sufficient supply in the markets (as many have forecasted in the TOPs over the next 3 years), govt will open the flood gates to foreigners after GE2016. They will need the numbers to keep up w GDP growth. It's a no brainer. So if there is any price weakness in the next couple of years, just buy. You won't go wrong.

Remember, Singapore is unlike any other countries. We r an island and land is limited. Even far flung pasir ris or jurong west are no longer considered ulu. Prices can only go up in the long run.
    I share the same view. Once prices have stabilised and people are locked into their properties this year, more workers will be allowed to come in (likely next year), especially to support the new industries. Singapore cannot be producing these knowledge workers overnight. So it is good to have properties near these new industries areas.

One possible way to increase the immigrant quota without too much complaints from the Singaporean Core, is to allow larger pool of Singaporean core to get richer via owning at least one hdb/EC, and as much as possible, owning one hdb + one PC, so that the feeling of being left out is minimized. This could be the strategy: Make larger pool of Singaporean core richer before bringing in more well educated and richer immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    One possible way to increase the immigrant quota without too much complaints from the Singaporean Core, is to allow larger pool of Singaporean core to get richer via owning at least one hdb/EC, and as much as possible, owning one hdb + one PC, so that the feeling of being left out is minimized. This could be the strategy: Make larger pool of Singaporean core richer before bringing in more well educated and richer immigrants.
    The key complaints were houses, education and cars. House prices have stabilised (we are having a small glut now) and more university places are now available (going to have a glut in graduates with degrees in next 3-4 years). I expect tweaks to COE quota as reported previously to be announced next year, follow by a short lag for effects to kick-in, before the immigration quota is relaxed again (likely to be in end 2014) to boost the economic growth.

pay attention to the snowball effect of the US economic recovery, it will flow over beyond their shores.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    pay attention to the snowball effect of the US economic recovery, it will flow over beyond their shores.

Bro, can elaborate???? Why the bj21 aka ah b keep saying prices will drop???

Hahahaha

Bro, can elaborate???? Why the bj21 aka ah b keep saying prices will drop???

Hahahaha
    bj bro is actually doing us all landlords a favor.

say prices will drop so that those holding out waiting and renting from us will not jump in to buy in a haste now.

protect our passive income source.... im thankful leh.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    bj bro is actually doing us all landlords a favor.

say prices will drop so that those holding out waiting and renting from us will not jump in to buy in a haste now.

protect our passive income source.... im thankful leh.
    Then what about those who really believe and start selling??? We don't care for this people???

Hahahahah

So if ah B is here, u will rally behind him???