View Poll Results: Exactly how important is location to you?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only willing to buy properties in CCR

12 21.43%
  • Willing to consider properties in OCR eg Jurong if future potential is proven

15 26.79%
  • As long as it is near mrt, doesn’t really matter which region it falls in

29 51.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exactly how important is location to you?

Default Exactly how important is location to you?

When buying a pte property?

Justify yr stand.

for own stay i would buy CCR or RCR, for investment i would consider anywhere that makes money. price is an important consideration in property investment. right location wrong price is a no go (like j gateway). not so ideal location with right price with further upside in price is a buy call for me. developers find singaporeans such easy prey all the time because singaporeans look at location n forget totally about the price, which is why developers can throw in all that wasted space into the unit and there will still be goons who take it. Always remember that having people buying with you in a project doesnt make you any smarter, fools can move in droves.

Again. For own stay or investment? 3M formula never fails.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Again. For own stay or investment? 3M formula never fails.
    3M formula - u mean 3M N95 mask?!

u shd justify yr choice like wat regulators did iso of asking me for the purpose mah.

For own stay, I will go for OCR and not too convenient now, but potential to be convenient, as I drive.
    If it remains inconvenient, so be it .
    But for investment, I am looking at good returns, so the 3M's apply.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid

u shd justify yr choice like wat regulators did iso of asking me for the purpose mah.
    This kinda proud ass attitude will get you nowhere.

No brainer. Of course location is important for investment. But it comes with a price. Once no rental you can die standing.For low budget, think not so good location but reasonable price with good view and serene environment is still a good investment. I realized some ang mos like quiet, private area even though location is far from central. These are probably middle level management who are more than those high level expatriate and don't mind a bit of traveling.

This kinda proud ass attitude will get you nowhere.
    not proud ass la

cos diff ppl might hv different choices under diff conditions mah ... and I shd not restrict ppl to discuss only a specific aspect, no?

for me:

for investment:
    If RCR - no more than 5 mins walk to mrt
    If CCR in D9/D10 - $ is my main consideration
    I will not consider OCR for investment cos too risky liao.

for ownstay:
    doesn’t matter where, as long as it is cheap & near mrt.

Dear sis mermaid,
    mcm has justified his answer by saying he will go with the 3M's.

Looks like you are still living in a hazy world of N95 masks.
    Btw, your signature is so distracting.
    I get giddy when looking at it, just fyi.

not proud ass la

cos diff ppl might hv different choices under diff conditions mah ... and I shd not restrict ppl to discuss only a specific aspect, no?
    Ok... I retract ...understooded. Btw will this poll result help you in making your next property punt

price point is more impt than location

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    Dear sis mermaid,
    mcm has justified his answer by saying he will go with the 3M's.

Looks like you are still living in a hazy world of N95 masks.
    Btw, your signature is so distracting.
    I get giddy when looking at it, just fyi.
    eh, Im not zarbo leh!

he said me proud ass mah

P/S: ok, I hide my signature when princess is around
    Last edited by mermaid; 06-08-13 at 11:01.

Ok... I retract ...understooded. Btw will this poll result help you in making your next property punt
    definitely. when a person buys a ppty, he will like to ensure tat there is a future market for it, be it for sale or rent.

understanding potential buyers' buying attitude will facilitate us in making a better decision.

eh, Im not zarbo leh!

he said me proud ass mah

P/S: ok, I hide my signature when princess is around
    Sorry, bro!
    I also like Chen Kun.
    Are you as handsome as he is?
    No need to hide your signature because of me lah.....it is just my feedback nia.

Sorry, bro!
    I also like Chen Kun.
    Are you as handsome as he is?
    No need to hide your signature because of me lah.....it is just my feedback nia.
    Im not good looking n tat is a fact.
    but it is fine cos Im not an artiste
    did I say I like chen kun?

For investment, its always important to buy into area that has a good growth story. Places like Punggol, new Marina, JLD are example of places that has good potential.

For own stay, the most important is convenience and good fengshui.
    Convenience - Near school, near work, near amenities, good transport connectivity

Fengshui - Road leading in and out of your home must not have traffic congestion, NS facing, must not be noisy at night.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I would say choose the cheapest u can find. Cheapest when compared with surrounding condos. Look at minton and waterview, both far from mrt but price has increased alot. Cheapest has potential in price increase too. Look at who is the developer too. If FEO or Capitaland price is marked up very high. I prefer Sim Lian. Just my own view.

Another factor missed is facilities of the PC and the surronding environment.
    This factor may not be fuly considered for a project under construction, but it matters a lot in its value for an existing project.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    Another factor missed is facilities of the PC and the surronding environment.
    This factor may not be fuly considered for a project under construction, but it matters a lot in its value for an existing project.
    a proj with gd facilities would oso mean the maintenance fee will be high.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    I would say choose the cheapest u can find. Cheapest when compared with surrounding condos. Look at minton and waterview, both far from mrt but price has increased alot. Cheapest has potential in price increase too. Look at who is the developer too. If FEO or Capitaland price is marked up very high. I prefer Sim Lian. Just my own view.
    +like
    Let neighbours drag you up , rather you drag neighbours up.

a proj with gd facilities would oso mean the maintenance fee will be high.
    Not true, if it is a big development.

I partially agree with you esp if it is for own stay.
    However, must see why is it cheaper than the surrounding.
    Must make sure that it is not facing expressway or big road, otherwise the noise and air pollution can kill.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    +like
    Let neighbours drag you up , rather you drag neighbours up.
    but cheapest oso hv its reason de, eg McKenzie in D9 is srsly undervalued.

but I do get yr points; look for units which has been currently undervalued. liddat I tink it is oso gd to consider projects which hv many empty plots of land around reserved for residential, cos it means u will be drag up by yr neighbours

Not true, if it is a big development.
    not exactly leh, some exp developers oso hv pricier maintenance fee for mass condo. eg Jewel@buangkok by CDL vs Riversound by qingjian.

Only enuff $$$ for 1 property
    If you only have $$$ for one property, then it is a matter of space vs. convenience. For me, space is important due to a big family and it only need to be near to schools and basic ammenities.

Enuff $$$ for multiple properties
    It is a case of upside potential within one's budget constraints. I.e. after setting aside $$$ for your own stay. For me, I would maximize my investment budget. I.e., I will choose the least cost option for my own stay (within my acceptable standards of living). With the remaining budget, it is a case of then picking the best upside potential unit(s) within the investment budget constraint.

but I do get yr points; look for units which has been currently undervalued. liddat I tink it is oso gd to consider projects which hv many empty plots of land around reserved for residential, cos it means u will be drag up by yr neighbours
    Or dragged down if the macro environment is negative. Eg: the initial buyers of Hume Park 1 & II.

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    Or dragged down if the macro environment is negative. Eg: the initial buyers of Hume Park 1 & II.
    so the safest bet is to buy a near mrt project in rcr wif plenty of future growth potential. Yr project, being one of the pioneers in tat area will huat each time a new project is launched or top-ed

so the safest bet is to buy a near mrt project in rcr wif plenty of future growth potential. Yr project, being one of the pioneers in tat area will huat each time a new project is launched or top-ed
    what do u think of eight riversuites in boon keng?

true.

If there are structural problems stay the heck away. Not sure what the story with MacKenszie is. Maybe it's because it's just inside D9, feels a little ulu and practically in little india

Otherwise worst house on best street applies for potential upside vs best house on the worst stree