Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its time to exit

Default Its time to exit

Understand from some property agents that the rental and sale markets are slow. And the recent report from the newspaper also indicated that it takes a longer time to find tenant and the rates are lower. I believe the time has come to exit the property market. Property investment is no longer attractive. Any differing opinion?

totally agree sell sell sell stay changi beach for a few years then buy again
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Rent a tent!!!

exit if u can have a decent substantial cash out and put the money to better use.

otherwise cost of replacement is simply too high in the foreseeable future. meaning until 2015.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Do you guys think the CMs will be removed when the property market is down by let say 20%??

Quote Originally Posted by MM Lovers
    Understand from some property agents that the rental and sale markets are slow. And the recent report from the newspaper also indicated that it takes a longer time to find tenant and the rates are lower. I believe the time has come to exit the property market. Property investment is no longer attractive. Any differing opinion?
    with exiting the property market, wat r u gg to do with yr condo which hv juz top-ed? if rental rate is below yr expectation, do u tink the sale $ will be satisfactory?

Do you guys think the CMs will be removed when the property market is down by let say 20%??
    in the 1st place, will $ even drop 20%?
    for me, if can drop 20%, I wun even care a damn abt the absd!

There is a good chance the US and EU economy improve significantly in 2014. Rental might be sustained in general or even go up in certain areas.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Trust me, when market is down by say 20%, not only that all CMs removed, even heating measures like deferred payment scheme (introduced previously) had proven to be useless! You will not get buyers to buy at the price you want to sell!

But the reverse is also true! When market is heating up, all CMs will be useless and you will not get sellers to easily sell at the market price you are willing to buy! Those that sell at market price or even below must have reasons..................................

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Trust me, when market is down by say 20%, not only that all CMs removed, even heating measures like deferred payment scheme (introduced previously) had proven to be useless! You will not get buyers to buy at the price you want to sell!

But the reverse is also true! When market is heating up, all CMs will be useless and you will not get sellers to easily sell at the market price you are willing to buy! Those that sell at market price or even below must have reasons..................................
    Agreed.
    I'm biased towards selling though.
    But new pl not ready so got to hang on n pray

later i sms kbw and ask him

dont know la bro nowadays spore property market got so many pattern by
    the authorities
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    Agreed.
    I'm biased towards selling though.
    But new pl not ready so got to hang on n pray
    bro i pray with u liverpool supporters say you will never
    walk alone

Cool

bro i pray with u liverpool supporters say you will never
    walk alone
    Thanks man, tahan until 2015
    HUAT AHHHHHHHHH

Thanks man, tahan until 2015
    HUAT AHHHHHHHHH
    Why 2015??

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    with exiting the property market, wat r u gg to do with yr condo which hv juz top-ed? if rental rate is below yr expectation, do u tink the sale $ will be satisfactory?

in the 1st place, will $ even drop 20%?
    for me, if can drop 20%, I wun even care a damn abt the absd!
    Will definitely hold on to the property. Fortunately the holding costs are low. Will not buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    There is a good chance the US and EU economy improve significantly in 2014. Rental might be sustained in general or even go up in certain areas.
    but when US and EU economy improve significantly, Fed will raise interest rates.
    Assume rental is up like wat u said, r ppty owners better or worser off?

n when int rate rises, high chance of hot $ flowing out of sg. will rental be sustainable?

Cool

Why 2015??
    TOP , haha

Will definitely hold on to the property. Fortunately the holding costs are low. Will not buy anymore.
    since yr project is purchased abt 2 yrs ago, yr cost is still low. Even if u managed to get oni 2.2k rental, yr yield is still high, no?

as to whether to buy or not, actually there is no nid to make a decision rite now. juz accum more $ & see how. if a crash come & u can find a gd deal, y not? if price juz get higher & u dun foresee able to buy another one, den juz use yr excess cash to pay off yr loan.

TOP , haha
    Oh ic. I thought got something good in 2015.

changi beach TOP already? upgrading completed?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

have to agreed with this, it comes down to people's mindset.
    Once the trend is bullish, you can stop the fanatics...
    everyone join in no matter what it takes.
    but warren buffet thinks one should do the opposite

Changi Beach is District Tent dun pray pray
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Do not sell any of your property. Buying back will be very tough. Y? Because the amount of loan bank will loan out to u now is very very small. This rule is going to be permanent or for very long term. It is far less than 60% of your monthly income. Recently accompany a friend to ocbc and ask. Ocbc said can only loan him $500k based on his gross income of $8600 per month! Btw He got no other loan. He is only 37yrs old.

I don't know about other banks because didn't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Do not sell any of your property. Buying back will be very tough. Y? Because the amount of loan bank will loan out to u now is very very small. This rule is going to be permanent or for very long term. It is far less than 60% of your monthly income. Recently accompany a friend to ocbc and ask. Ocbc said can only loan him $500k based on his gross income of $8600 per month! Btw He got no other loan. He is only 37yrs old.

I don't know about other banks because didn't ask.

Tat is sad.. maybe he should try foreign bank, as they are more willing to lend more. .

Even if crisis do come or correction come how much can one still loan? Probably ones will miss the boat again.
    If Sell u can forget about buying back again.
    Singles now can only buy resale hdb or small condo as the amount of loan is too little.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Even if crisis do come or correction come how much can one still loan? Probably ones will miss the boat again.
    If Sell u can forget about buying back again.
    Singles now can only buy resale hdb or small condo as the amount of loan is too little.
    Singles now hv the option to buy bto leh ...

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    Singles now hv the option to buy bto leh ...
    More than $5000 gross monthly income cannot buy bto.

The more this kind of thread title appears, the more it is less likely we are at the peak ... we are just at slippery slope

Market crashes only come when u least expect it ... how many ppl here will know Lehman Brother going to be the cause of a big crash back in 2008?? The US garmen made a mistake ... they bailed out the top banks but leave Lehman to die, creating a chain reaction

from then on, everybody learns ... they rescue many other banks, Germany bailed out Greece, Italy, Spain ... IMF bailed out whom I forgot ...

just when Bernanke is worried about inflation and bond bubble, u think crash is coming
    Ride at your own risk !!!

The problem is inflation does not come... If inflation still don't come, what will our bro ben do? He must be scratching his head and think what must I do to create inflation...

Why 2015??
    B'cos 2016 will be the dramatic year of the change - according to the "Waiting for 2016" or the VTO2016 brigade.

TOP , haha
    sama sama same same