Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is HERE!!!

why u say this huh, i dont understand le....i agree with your illustration le. why you dispute what i mentioned? please enlighten me please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    If you can afford it, by all mean call up Wingtai boss and ask him to organize dinner for the super rich..

If you can afford it, by all mean call up Wingtai boss and ask him to organize dinner for the super rich..
    At the same time, can ask him why he didn't sell off his OTHER Nassim bungalow since the "land storm" is already here according to you.

The Nassim Road site is owned by Winright Investment Pte, according to property records obtained by Bloomberg News. Cheng and his wife, Helen Chow, who list their address at another Nassim Road home, are the shareholders of Winright, a company set up for “holding of property for long-term investment purposes,” according to company records obtained by Bloomberg News.

Actually, no need to ask Wingtai boss. Just ask BJ21 aka Lionking why he never sell off his Nassim GCB since he is such a strong supporter of your views. He can buy back a few more when your supposed 'land storm' hits.

Another 2 very important tables to tickle your mind

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Keep repeating these meaningless tables again.

If you don't know the debt levels and liquidity position of landed owners, how can you ascertain the impact of interest rates on them?

i think the household income here is purely derived from work, not other other source of income
    most landed owners I know are business owners - for tax reasons, they paid themselves a nominal monthly income, but get the big chuck of PnL via director fees or dividends, or some other iras-compliant offshore structures which are too complicated to tell here

Quote Originally Posted by k00L
    i think the household income here is purely derived from work, not other other source of income
    most landed owners I know are business owners - for tax reasons, they paid themselves a nominal monthly income, but get the big chuck of PnL via director fees or dividends, or some other iras-compliant offshore structures which are too complicated to tell here
    I think you are forgetting that there could be more such businessmen living in apartment as well.

Like I said before, dont assume landed property owners are all rich and famous. Many of them are actually swimming naked under the sea of debt. When interest rate rises, these naked swimmers will be wash ashore.

plus nothing is invincible. As history shown, the higher you climb, the heavier you call.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Here, we go again. Can't wait to show that chart again.

Please provide evidence to show that landed owners are 'swimming naked under the sea of debt"

If you don't have the figures to corroborate your statement, then no point talking about interest rates.

What I am trying to say is that in the virtual world, nothing should be taken seriously

You heard it from the horse's mouth..no need to take him seriously.. just treat whatever he post as weekend entertainment.

what did I told you in April 2013?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17582

RealStar Premier managing director William Wong confirmed that transaction volumes for bungalows and semi-detached houses slowed down drastically from April to June following the imposition of higher additional buyer's stamp duty in January.

With the rollout of the total debt servicing ratio framework late last month, sales have weakened further.

"If this continues for the next couple of quarters, we'll see more significant price drops as those who genuinely need to let go their properties will have to adjust their prices downwards to meet buyers' expectations," said Mr Wong.
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...arket-20130727

The land storm is here, better hold tight or you will be blown away

The land storm is here, better hold tight or you will be blown away
    Looking at your chart, the prices for Bungalows and Semi Ds look stable and calm for the last 9 quarters. No big ups or downs, hardly any volatility, why do you say storm is here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    Looking at your chart, the prices for Bungalows and Semi Ds look stable and calm for the last 9 quarters. No big ups or downs, hardly any volatility, why do you say storm is here?
    What do you mean by stable and calm? And why isnt it growing? Are the rich getting less rich??

Landed property is bought to be kept for long term. Especially FH and in city or A city finge.
    What do you mean by stable and calm?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Landed property is bought to be kept for long term. Especially FH and in city or A city finge.
    That's a very widely use comforting statement that applies to anyone who bought something at its peak. Be it gold, stocks or property. It's ok because it's for long term. Sound familiar?

Another very popular but ignorant statement I read here is the most landed are for own stay?

I means does someone who bought for own stay not affected by falling property prices and rising interest rate? Does someone who bought with 80% leveraging pay less interest than those who bought for investment?

In fact those who bought got own stay will be worst hit beceause there are no rental income to help cushion the impact.

Its so plain how you try to emphasize only on any negative aspect.

Is terrace not considered part of the landed segment? Can you explain why it went up 1.5% when your supposed "land storm" has arrived? Landed segment on the whole went UP 0.3%. Is that an indication that land storm is here?

You also have not shown any statistic that landed owners took upto 80% leveraging on average and are 'swimming in a sea of debt' or have any evidence how much liquidity or cash position they have.

Please explain how you deduce the impact of interest rates on landed owners?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Its so plain how you try to emphasize only on any negative aspect.

Is terrace not considered part of the landed segment? Can you explain why it went up 1.5% when your supposed "land storm" has arrived? Landed segment on the whole went UP 0.3%. Is that an indication that land storm is here?

You also have not shown any statistic that landed owners took upto 80% leveraging on average and are 'swimming in a sea of debt' or have any evidence how much liquidity or cash position they have.

Please explain how you deduce the impact of interest rates on landed owners?
    Another reminder, you are the reason for my signature.

As I have already said in my previous thread "Land Storm is Coming!!!", price of landed properties is now officially in the price correction mode.

I have explained in my previous post, those deep pocket seasoned landed property investors already started to exit the market, while those small time buyer are still rushing in to pick up budgeted landed like terrace houses with no land.

And, while condo developers are trying to make money building smaller units, landed properties, developers or investors are stuck in the mode of having to expand their build up area to justify for the land cost.

The existing CMs, TDSR and low rental yield is already making landed properties very unattractive, so when interest rate rises, it will make landed property look prohibited.

So beware, take cover NOW.

Not sure about others but my landed has gone up by more than 200 folds.
    That's a very widely use comforting statement that applies to anyone who bought something at its peak. Be it gold, stocks or property. It's ok because it's for long term. Sound familiar?

Another very popular but ignorant statement I read here is the most landed are for own stay?

I means does someone who bought for own stay not affected by falling property prices and rising interest rate? Does someone who bought with 80% leveraging pay less interest than those who bought for investment?

In fact those who bought got own stay will be worst hit beceause there are no rental income to help cushion the impact.

Not sure about others but my landed has gone up by more than 200 folds.
    That's kinda funny isnt it?

200 folds = 20,000%

What so funny? Properties are bought to be kept.
    That's kinda funny isnt it?

200 folds = 20,000%

What so funny? Properties are bought to be kept.
    Assuming you purchase your landed property @ $100,000, 200 folds mean the property will be worth $20,000,000.

When did you buy your landed property?

[QUOTE=Ringo33]Assuming your bought a property was purchase @ $100,000, 200 folds mean the property will be worth $20,000,000.

this is idiotic hahahaahha!!!
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

Less than 35 years ago.
    Assuming your bought a property was purchase @ $100,000, 200 folds mean the property will be worth $20,000,000.

When did you buy your landed property?

Do you know the conserved shop house that cost less than 800k 20 years ago is more than 20 million now.You can get rental yield of more than 5% now.

Less than 35 years ago.
    In 1980, the index was 20, if 200 folds, it should reflex 20x200 = 4000

Do you know the conserved shop house that cost less than 800k 20 years ago is more than 20 million now.You can get rental yield of more than 5% now.
    800,000 x 200 folds = $160 million

Brudder. Do u know index is indicating general? There are always special deal in the open. Just like during Sars and lethman times. Investors love volatile times..
    In 1980, the index was 20, if 200 folds, it should reflex 20x200 = 4000

Another reminder, you are the reason for my signature.

This is extremely amusing...people should read the quote from EBD below..someone here trying to rip off someone's punchline. Like most of your posts, it is either inane or totally lacks originality. People just have to count the number of times you try to slip in the same ol' charts in numerous threads all over this forum..nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    I believed I have answered plenty - from your ridiculous missed the boat to armchair critic nonsense.

I'm also not preaching to people to go and buy Ardmore - your example is plainly ridiculous - you haven't yet understood what the phrase means. There is almost no helping you, but because I'm a charitable person I'll give it just one go.....

To someone with x dollars caspian may have represented the worst house on the best street to them - that is all their budget could stretch to.
    Maybe they could have gotten a better house in pungol/sengkang - but the street would be worse.

property 101 is still in force - you haven't yet worked out you would already be paying above best street prices for JG even though the street hasn't yet been built. If you bought JG on the agents story - god bless you.

and you are still dodging alllllll the questions.
    Did you buy JG? Have you bought anything at all? Didn't think so....

btw your sig is only second hand amusing
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...8&postcount=10 (2009) gets a bit boring if you use it too often.

Brudder. Do u know index is indicating general? There are always special deal in the open. Just like during Sars and lethman times. Investors love volatile times..
    You can always provide some facts to show us which existing landed property in Singapore has appreciated by 20,000% over the last 35 years.

Did u see how the land around scotts area that own by run run shaw estate? Look at how the price has gone up in the last 50 years ago.
    800,000 x 200 folds = $160 million

What i am trying to say : Properties are bought to be kept, in particular FH and in Good location.
    You can always provide some facts to show us which existing landed property in Singapore has appreciated by 20,000% over the last 35 years.