Thread: Legal and Bank loan for Iskandar Project

Default Legal and Bank loan for Iskandar Project

Hi.. anyone here has good referral for legal for JB's Iskandar project?
    Appreciate if you can intro one. Likewise for banker as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Hi.. anyone here has good referral for legal for JB's Iskandar project?
    Appreciate if you can intro one. Likewise for banker as well.

Thanks in advance.
    For my latest purchase, I used Mak, Ng Shao & Kee, located at City Square.
    http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/legal...l.php?fid=5348

For bank loan, I took the Std Chartered Islamic loan which has no lock-in period. You are free to deposit your excess cash against the loan payable to reduce the interest payable. The cash in excess of monthly repayment can be retrieved if you need the cash. http://www.imoney.my/home-loan

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    For my latest purchase, I used Mak, Ng Shao & Kee, located at City Square.
    http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/legal...l.php?fid=5348

For bank loan, I took the Std Chartered Islamic loan which has no lock-in period. You are free to deposit your excess cash against the loan payable to reduce the interest payable. The cash in excess of monthly repayment can be retrieved if you need the cash. http://www.imoney.my/home-loan
    Hi Yaozong,
    The lawyer is from banker's panel?
    Charges?

Thanks for helping.

Remember to ask for discount for the legal fees. They r usually willing to give as it is tagged to property price which has gone up quite a lot. But if you keep quiet, they won' t give. I got rm3500 discount after i compared with different law firms and asked for discount.

Hi Yaozong,
    The lawyer is from banker's panel?
    Charges?

Thanks for helping.
    Hi there,

This really depends on which bank/developer you are buying the project from. But Mak, Ng, Shao & Kee and Tan & Lee (both located at City Square) should be on most panels...

For most new launches, the legal and bank fees are absorbed by the developer but there are increasing exceptions to the rule due to the hot market..... Hope it helps.

I have also included the legal fees web link:
    http://www.elawyer.com.my/legal_calculator_info.php

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Remember to ask for discount for the legal fees. They r usually willing to give as it is tagged to property price which has gone up quite a lot. But if you keep quiet, they won' t give. I got rm3500 discount after i compared with different law firms and asked for discount.
    Thanks for the advise..

Yup.. called up the developer's legal and they offer 30% discount for loan paper works....I need not to oay for transaction legal fee as developer will pay for it

Only concern... will developer's legal bias against me?

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Hi there,

This really depends on which bank/developer you are buying the project from. But Mak, Ng, Shao & Kee and Tan & Lee (both located at City Square) should be on most panels...

For most new launches, the legal and bank fees are absorbed by the developer but there are increasing exceptions to the rule due to the hot market..... Hope it helps.

I have also included the legal fees web link:
    http://www.elawyer.com.my/legal_calculator_info.php
    Due to hot market, current trend is legal by developer.. bank by buyer..

Have been watching the market there and think only 3 locations worth buying... Denga, Medini and Putri Habour.

Btw, I skipped the landed due to safety concern. Also.. am not comfortable to pay premium for internation lots... when come to selling.. I will be hugely disadvantage as bumi owners can sell lower than me.. local rarely want pay premium pool of buyers thus limited to international buyers.

Of all, I think Medini would be a fairer location to invest. It is at the heart of Nursajaya and all properties in Medini are international lots. Everyone would have to buy international lots. All same-same...

The whole of Nusajaya (Zone B) is 100% international lots. PH are all FH.
    Due to hot market, current trend is legal by developer.. bank by buyer..

Have been watching the market there and think only 3 locations worth buying... Denga, Medini and Putri Habour.

Btw, I skipped the landed due to safety concern. Also.. am not comfortable to pay premium for internation lots... when come to selling.. I will be hugely disadvantage as bumi owners can sell lower than me.. local rarely want pay premium pool of buyers thus limited to international buyers.

Of all, I think Medini would be a fairer location to invest. It is at the heart of Nursajaya and all properties in Medini are international lots. Everyone would have to buy international lots. All same-same...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The whole of Nusajaya (Zone B) is 100% international lots. PH are all FH.
    Thanks for the input. Am surprise it is covering whole of nusajaya.
    Including bukit indah region as well?

Appreciate your help to provide source for me to have deeper understanding...

Indah is excluded.

An agent friend asked me if keen in a grade A office just near Lego. Ard M$900-1000 psf. Worth investing there? Quantum ard 1.5m...99 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    An agent friend asked me if keen in a grade A office just near Lego. Ard M$900-1000 psf. Worth investing there? Quantum ard 1.5m...99 yrs
    Do you mind to share which project? I can ask my agent for feedback.
    Per my understanding.. capitaland project which is in the same region as legoland already hitting 1k psf...