Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What a property investor shouldn't do in today's market condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    Now I see MAS's FULL rationale for putting all the CMs in place liao. Wahhh...this Tharman really very smart hor.....
    Brudder, more than that.... Look deeper and you will see the rationale.... There are a few more reasons hor... Hahahahahaha

See, when I good mood, I share with u wat..... Hahahahahaha

Brudder lion.... Ringo is a very smart boy.... Look at him and I predict in 10 yr time, he will be rich.... Train him leh...

For me, I just swatting mosquito... Oops, just killed one more... Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Brudder lion.... Ringo is a very smart boy.... Look at him and I predict in 10 yr time, he will be rich.... Train him leh...

So rebellious and hot blooded how to train?

WOAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

You are a very clever person. I think I know what is in your mind but you do not wish to reveal FULLY your thoughts. That is correct.

But let me put it in less offensive form so that it will be acceptable for the general to read:

Brother, you are right. The whole concept is LEVERAGE. You see how high interest comes before RECESSION ( NOT AFTER !) and that is why LEVERAGE and RISK is the most important factors in my mind.
    brudder, if you already own few properties, the satisfaction and thrill of owning 1 or 2 property is not as great as someone young who is buying their first private property. Hence for the latter group, they will be more willing take risk or make sacrifices if interest rate goes up as compare to someone who is already in their 50s or someone who have gotten used to making big capital gain in the past.

Ultimate it is the cost of buying, regulation and the lack of high return potential that is making the risk less worthwhile.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    brudder, if you already own few properties, the satisfaction and thrill of owning 1 or 2 property is not as great as someone young who is buying their first private property. Hence for the latter group, they will be more willing take risk or make sacrifices if interest rate goes up as compare to someone who is already in their 50s or someone who have gotten used to making big capital gain in the past.

Ultimate it is the lack of high return potential that is making the risk less worthwhile.
    You so old meh...? You always quarrel with that dunno who I forget his name liao. But I agree with you lor... WOAHAhahaHAHAHAH
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

WOAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH
    Bro, he is practicing immersion protocol.

Bro, he is practicing immersion protocol.
    no wonder....LOL

WOAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH
    But come to think of it, I know got one very shrewd investor in real life temperament also like that. He control his temperament by reminding himself with a tattoo " 忍“ on his body. Not suggesting to Ringo boy to do the same and tatto that all over his body hor... WOAHAAHHAHAHHAHAH

But come to think of it, I know got one very shrewd investor in real life temperament also like that. He control his temperament by reminding himself with a tattoo " 忍“ on his body. Not suggesting to Ringo boy to do the same and tatto that all over his body hor... WOAHAAHHAHAHHAHAH

But paiseh my temperament also like that one hor.. although I very handsome on the outside leh..HEHEHEHHEHEH

my 2c

Dont:

1. think of property investment as a short term play
    2. neglect the maths and do your sums diligently
    3. omit to plan for worse and worst case scenarios
    4. see leverage as a dirty word
    5. have a soft ear and soak up every darn thing u hear
    6. have a herd mentality - when the news is out in mainstream it is already stale
    7. let emotions cloud your judgement - only allow them for own stay home and not investment projects
    8. keep all your eggs in one single basket
    9. forget that nobody is invincible (to the effects of the global economy)
    and last but not least
    10. dont look back in anger (to quote a brit band song) - once you have committed dont regret and start with the what ifs
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Haha, I swat also...

To be honest, I thought that Ringo is very smart too. However, he would need to experience (or see some experiences) a big failure to make him a complete investor. Be very fearful of what a market could do to you; it is not all rosy la.

(Note: Take it easy Ringo, I meant good.)

Cheers!

Are you semi-retire or retire now?

Brudder, everyone here is smarter than me... I tell u honestly, I am a blur sotong, and old foggy, and only know how to tcss... Don't believe everything I say hor...

I very free now adays.... Dksg is office boy. Me, I swatting mosquito one...

Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Haha, I swat also...

To be honest, I thought that Ringo is very smart too. However, he would need to experience (or see some experiences) a big failure to make him a complete investor. Be very fearful of what a market could do to you; it is not all rosy la.

(Note: Take it easy Ringo, I meant good.)

Cheers!
    Brudder, I had so many failures. Hahahaha
    It thot me
    1 lesson
    2. Humility

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    my 2c

Dont:

6. have a herd mentality - when the news is out in mainstream it is already stale
    7. let emotions cloud your judgement - only allow them for own stay home and not investment projects
    and last but not least
    10. dont look back in anger (to quote a brit band song) - once you have committed dont regret and start with the what ifs
    Sweet wise words. Property is the final frontier, final destination. No matter where the money come from (inheritance, working, gambling, stealing, etc) in the end it will always come to the final resting place, which is property. That's why in the long term it will always appreciate. The question is long term or short term. What we are doing now is looking for the short term appreciation.

Short-term appreciation can be a gamble. I am looking at mid- to long term. Short-term will be in stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Sweet wise words. Property is the final frontier, final destination. No matter where the money come from (inheritance, working, gambling, stealing, etc) in the end it will always come to the final resting place, which is property. That's why in the long term it will always appreciate. The question is long term or short term. What we are doing now is looking for the short term appreciation.

With so many lazy (including me) bumps jumping into properties for gain & rental yield so as to retire early, the goods should be ending faster. Developers are rushing to entice all these goondos before the game ends

OK, let's explore another scenario which a property investor shouldn't do in today's condition. I am sure that it is controversial, so all debates are welcomed.

Scenario:

After reviewing the state of development where his investment property is located, the profile of his tenants over the year, an invetsor thought that he should sell the unit and buy another unit with the sale proceed.

Don't:

Increase the leverage ratio of the investment by buying another unit.

In other words, an exercise like this would make sense only when the leverage ratio falls. For example, when the leverage ratio of the current investment unit is say 3-to-1, it should be say 2-to-1 for the other unit.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    With so many lazy (including me) bumps jumping into properties for gain & rental yield so as to retire early, the goods should be ending faster. Developers are rushing to entice all these goondos before the game ends
    Dev and gov, what's the different? Nothing happen in sg without the approval of the gov planning committee. They are not about to crash the market. The gov are only making sure a group of people not hoarding all the properties, while the other group having none. That would be a political disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    OK, let's explore another scenario which a property investor shouldn't do in today's condition. I am sure that it is controversial, so all debates are welcomed.

Scenario:

After reviewing the state of development where his investment property is located, the profile of his tenants over the year, an invetsor thought that he should sell the unit and buy another unit with the sale proceed.

Don't:

Increase the leverage ratio of the investment by buying another unit.

In other words, an exercise like this would make sense only when the leverage ratio falls. For example, when the leverage ratio of the current investment unit is say 3-to-1, it should be say 2-to-1 for the other unit.

Cheers!
    This is very common scenario if you own a property that is already more than 10 years old because rental demand for most older apartment will start to fall while cost of maintenance will start to rise. So there is always this thought of selling it to buy a newer apartment.

Leverage ratio sure confirm fall for owner with 2nd and 3rd property unless the property you sold is already more than 70% paid up.

And to achieve that ideal ratio, usually people will have to downsize their ambition to buy a smaller apartment, which explain why smaller quantum apartment are more popular these days.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Dev and gov, what's the different? Nothing happen in sg without the approval of the gov planning committee. They are not about to crash the market. The gov are only making sure a group of people not hoarding all the properties, while the other group having none. That would be a political disaster.
    Clap, clap

Clap, clap
    Terima kasih Pak

Brudder mcm, can u do me a favour. Are u able to get the total number of rental units from ura? Then we compare w total number of private and see the ratio?

Interesting to find out how many % rented and % for self stay.

Thanks if u can find out. I super bad in such things

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    my 2c

Dont:

and last but not least

Brudder mcm, can u do me a favour. Are u able to get the total number of rental units from ura? Then we compare w total number of private and see the ratio?

Interesting to find out how many % rented and % for self stay.

Thanks if u can find out. I super had in such things
    I think you can actually get some info from onemap now.
    Look under population query/tenancy/tenant.

So you mean the oversupply of PC in the coming years is intentional. Gov want more people to own a piece of condo even knowing that supposedly only 20% of the population can afford? pasir ris alone they are building 80% PC & 20% public housing. Open your eyes wider

Terima kasih Pak
    When property crash, it is a sign of major recession and there is so much our dear govt can do.

Why would they want it to crash when it is the pillar of our 'economy'?

Hahahaha

Indomie, u are so smart. U must have gone Borobudur. Was there last week. Only 1 golf course there. So sad.

So you mean the oversupply of PC in the coming years is intentional. Gov want more people to own a piece of condo even knowing that supposedly only 20% of the population can afford? pasir ris alone they are building 80% PC & 20% public housing. Open your eyes wider
    Brudder, immigrants need a home - either hdb, private or hotel.

So the population is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I think you can actually get some info from onemap now.
    Look under population query/tenancy/tenant.
    Brudder, I was very hardworking in the past like u... Now I lazy leh... I just share my analysis... I no longer playing props. Paiseh...

All this will benefit u guys of the next gen. Hahahaha

Your analysis of mm for west is superb.... I believe that story hor

When is the sg gov ever build (or created) oversupply of anything at all? So many hotel build, now full. Such a big airport, now all full. So many hospitals, all full. So many schools, all full. So many taxi, all full.

All i know is someone that started this thread has sold his property and hoping for a crash. He is creating fear. But i have some nice entertainment reading. Lol.
    Btw all talk cock lah. Interest rate is still lower than HDB loan rate.

Brudder, I am young.... I am under leveraged... I play within my comfort zone...

I share because life has been good to me and I am compelled to share without asking anything in return... Hahahahahaha... Those who think I sprout nonsense, please kindly ignore me hor.... Because if u hamtam me, I may not come back, and u may deprive others of my sharing... Hahahahahaha... Joking lah.... Just hamtam me lar....

Lion head... We should be about the same age lar... Maybe u younger by 2 years lor... U same age, younger or older than Singapore????
    Tai Kor,
    I must be younger than you... I confess that I am overleveraging......