Thread: Choa Chu Kang work: rent at Sengkang or near Cityhall or near Orchard

Default Choa Chu Kang work: rent at Sengkang or near Cityhall or near Orchard

My Malaysian friend is offered a job at Choa Chu Kang. He is also given "some" privileges to rent around. He is going to work on public transport. I told him orchard not bad because he can take 190 from cck interchange to go to his work place. But he says orchard one quite expensive. He asked about the city area (as sometimes he has to meet client there) and Sengkang (cheapest rent).
    Anyone can help him?
    I could only tell him 190 fastest to orchard. What about City Hall area and Sengkang? How can he get there fastest with train and bus?

Ya man . Orchard

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    My Malaysian friend is offered a job at Choa Chu Kang. He is also given "some" privileges to rent around. He is going to work on public transport. I told him orchard not bad because he can take 190 from cck interchange to go to his work place. But he says orchard one quite expensive. He asked about the city area (as sometimes he has to meet client there) and Sengkang (cheapest rent).
    Anyone can help him?
    I could only tell him 190 fastest to orchard. What about City Hall area and Sengkang? How can he get there fastest with train and bus?
    what exactly is the "privilege"
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Anyone can help him?
    Depends on how often is "sometimes he has to meet clients", and also whether its during peak or after peak hours.

If meet clients during non-peak hours or occasionally, North is not a bad choice - easy access to Northeast and Northwest.

If meet clients during peak and very often, city area or Sengkang will be best choice, depending on price considerations and how often he meets his clients, whether during peak, etc. Can also consider D13 or other choices in D19.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Meet clients use taxi for practicality and claim. Commute time can be used to follow up on emails and get a break from the office. So means just stay anywhere nearby workplace.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Rent cck, get bigger unit lah

Any idea what is the fastest way for him to get from Sengkang MRT to his workplace at CCK?

do noot understand why people working at CCK will consider renting a house at orchard or cityhall. Does he needs an orchard or city hall address to boost his status? isn't CCK, bukit batok, or hillview, or even Yishun natural choices of convenience and smaller cost?

Rent hillview. Currently one of the lowest priced rentals for condo, and downtown line mrt in 2 years time. Short bus ride to workplace in CCK.

Work at CCK should rent area like Jurong, Bukit Batok, CCK, Hillview, Teck whye mah...why Sengkang or Orchard?

What privilege is your friend having? Senior manager - CEO title?
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Any idea what is the fastest way for him to get from Sengkang MRT to his workplace at CCK?
    Most direct should be a short bus ride from SengKang to AMK or YCK MRT then NS line to CCK.

why not just rent choa chu kang since your friend is working here
    Ride or Die