Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

I always say u guys must monitor dragon heads

our wire bro already posted KF report showing the dragon heads are soaring, I just spoke to my friend who owned property in BJ/SG ... he confirmed and double confirmed

how can dragon tail stay low for long

buy b4 it is too late !!!
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Hi Phantom, are you suggesting The Glades is a good buy?

Or JUST BUY ANyYTHING??

if for investment need to do homework

the new bishan condo looks more investment friendly

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    I always say u guys must monitor dragon heads

our wire bro already posted KF report showing the dragon heads are soaring, I just spoke to my friend who owned property in BJ/SG ... he confirmed and double confirmed

how can dragon tail stay low for long

buy b4 it is too late !!!
    Sg property prices in terms of psf and quantum is the 2nd highest among the list. Take note.

I am surprised HK property prices appreciated so much.

I would recommend Hold instead of Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Sg property prices in terms of psf and quantum is the 2nd highest among the list. Take note.

Hold instead of buy means what?

Do something else with your money?

I'm a first time buyer. I have money in my pocket and I want to invest. But it was money that was hard to earn (I'm a working man) and I don't want to flush it down the toilet. I spoke to a few friends (wealth managers) and they all said buying SG property would be the most stupid investment decision I could possibly make. They said, if I must invest in property then look at a different market, not Singapore. They were saying London.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post

Singapore 99LH and freehold, BJ/Shanghai 70LH ... pure psf comparison is meaningless ... in HK, carpark not included, built-in areas definition also different

For ppl still renting, just buy lah

Update from a reliable source:

6 units sold yesterday and 5 more reserved.

So far developer has not reduced prices, as far as I'm told. But maybe there is some room for haggling?

I was also told (but this was from a person who is involved in the project and is biased) that TDSR is what has killed this project as well as other condo launches - his point was this launch is no worse than any other and once the market finds a way to accept or work around TDSR then SG property will be back and will be as hot as ever before. Don't shoot the messenger, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    I was also told (but this was from a person who is involved in the project and is biased) that TDSR is what has killed this project as well as other condo launches - his point was this launch is no worse than any other and once the market finds a way to accept or work around TDSR then SG property will be back and will be as hot as ever before. Don't shoot the messenger, OK
    I concur, this TDSR rendered many potiential buyers to the sidelines.

This project is actually quite nice. You have mrt at doorstep, just few stops to reach expo, airport and short drive to Siglap,east coast park. Easy access to town as well with the PIE, TPE, ECP at your disposal. Units facing the landed areas wil have a lovely distance sea view, nice landscaping within as well.

I see stiff competition coming from the Bishan new launch Sky Vue, but that project will be surrounded by hdb blocks. So if you prefer the east, this one may be worth a look.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Before you all starting buying in say London, NY, etc, first check what are the taxes involved, what are the rules, regulations, and loan amount and interest (if you are taking loan) etc. If it is so good, their citizens won't be buying in Singapore!

Hold instead of buy means what?

Do something else with your money?

I'm a first time buyer. I have money in my pocket and I want to invest. But it was money that was hard to earn (I'm a working man) and I don't want to flush it down the toilet. I spoke to a few friends (wealth managers) and they all said buying SG property would be the most stupid investment decision I could possibly make. They said, if I must invest in property then look at a different market, not Singapore. They were saying London.

People are buying continental cars now instead of houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ View Post
    I concur, this TDSR rendered many potiential buyers to the sidelines.

This project is actually quite nice. You have mrt at doorstep, just few stops to reach expo, airport and short drive to Siglap,east coast park. Easy access to town as well with the PIE, TPE, ECP at your disposal. Units facing the landed areas wil have a lovely distance sea view, nice landscaping within as well.

I see stiff competition coming from the Bishan new launch Sky Vue, but that project will be surrounded by hdb blocks. So if you prefer the east, this one may be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post

that is too spendthrift liao. in something that is non recoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Very few cars, that I can see, make good investments But damn, a million dollar car is much more fun than a million dollar house...

Wink

Very few cars, that I can see, make good investments But damn, a million dollar car is much more fun than a million dollar house...
    Strange that you say this when you are renting and taking the mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj View Post
    Strange that you say this when you are renting and taking the mrt.
    Good point Hahahaha.

I am, of course, not speaking from experience. I have never owned a million dollar car and never will.

My point was that for those lucky/successful enough, I'm sure it's a good feeling, but not necessarily a good investment.

Yes, if success in life is measured in dollars and cents I'm sure a failure.

Anyway, back on topic.

Anyone bought a unit at The Glades and care to share.

Anyone think this is going to be a hard one for the developer to sell - and so they will need to reduce prices. As one poster said, let the greedy developer carry the negative equity.

Just trying to keep this thread alive, and on topic.

We went to see the showflat last weekend. Not bad in our view and I quite like the 3 bedroom layout. We might have bought if we are not already vested in UV.

VI: I read with interest of your posting.

I think for those whom has missed the Eco "low price" boat and optima - the glades is a good choice if u fancy staying that area. I really dislike UV, the glades in my opinion when ppl say it's expensive, i would say it's EXPECTED to be expensive. Who expect this piece of Keppel land to be cheap seriously?

The glades main selling point is the big piece of land and it's land scaping. (I guess that's why the maintainence is higher) but it's also it's strength becos Eco although cheaper, it has mix housing and certain areas where the "houses" are condo residence can't walk thus it wasn't fantastic site. UV is plain and boring. The glade gives u smeg and nice brands is trying to uphold Keppal "high-class" branding. So I assume u are buying not only a property but also a brand.

If u have 2 or more properties already, this new development maybe not a great "yield" purchase but if u really buying to stay and like a nice environment and the area.

I find the glade is buyable for 1st timer or upgrader.

Seriously, I do not understand why for anyone who is looking at getting a 2nd or 3rd house for investment purpose, are they even consider The Glades where you have to pay a higher $psf, tied down your finances for the next 4 years before you can see rental income.

Optima is just across the road that can be purchased at a lower price, get the unit immediately and get to see rental income trickling in just almost immediately too....

Quote Originally Posted by Kokono View Post
    Seriously, I do not understand why for anyone who is looking at getting a 2nd or 3rd house for investment purpose, are they even consider The Glades where you have to pay a higher $psf, tied down your finances for the next 4 years before you can see rental income.

Optima is just across the road that can be purchased at a lower price, get the unit immediately and get to see rental income trickling in just almost immediately too....
    Yeah agree but I am one of those whom do not get houses just for instant money. I prefer to make sure, I myself as a person would like to stay there first. I don't buy a place which I myself dislike just to rent out becos I feel if i like the place even when I want to sell it, I feel passionate abt it.

For short term yield your idea seems great but optima sub-sale is not any cheaper plus i really dislike to let others gain on sub-sale. Letting developer earn is boh-bian but sub-sale unless fire sale, usually I am not very interested.

Different ppl different stroke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    Yeah agree but I am one of those whom do not get houses just for instant money. I prefer to make sure, I myself as a person would like to stay there first. I don't buy a place which I myself dislike just to rent out becos I feel if i like the place even when I want to sell it, I feel passionate abt it.

For short term yield your idea seems great but optima sub-sale is not any cheaper plus i really dislike to let others gain on sub-sale. Letting developer earn is boh-bian but sub-sale unless fire sale, usually I am not very interested.

Different ppl different stroke, right?
    This pretty much describes the way I feel too.

I watched a documentary on Warren Buffett once and he said he only buys companies he likes personally and he is proud to be associated with - well, who is going to argue with his approach

The problem I am fighting with is the real possibility that this is money down the toilet. Too expensive to ever get a positive rental yield or get your money back should you ever want to sell.

Optima seems a safer buy, but for me, whilst the PSF is lower the quantum is higher and is too high for me. That's because Optima still had decent unit sizes. It's only recently that developers have decided to build tiny units and think we don't mind living like we are inside a catle truck

This pretty much describes the way I feel too.

I watched a documentary on Warren Buffett once and he said he only buys companies he likes personally and he is proud to be associated with - well, who is going to argue with his approach

The problem I am fighting with is the real possibility that this is money down the toilet. Too expensive to ever get a positive rental yield or get your money back should you ever want to sell.

Optima seems a safer buy, but for me, whilst the PSF is lower the quantum is higher and is too high for me. That's because Optima still had decent unit sizes. It's only recently that developers have decided to build tiny units and think we don't mind living like we are inside a catle truck
    Well, VI - "The glades" is not the only prefect condo but at this time and moment it's what i feel best buy becos I really like condo which have the sense of grandeur. That is the first impression I got.

The fact is, no new condo can win older condo in terms of psf or size so that no point debating in that.

Like one of our bro/sis here says, some ppl like virgins. We like houses fresh and untouched, first hand. Some don't mind second hand, used as long as it's cheap.

No perfect world or you can keep waiting for every boat sails by

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    Well, VI - "The glades" is not the only prefect condo but at this time and moment it's what i feel best buy becos I really like condo which have the sense of grandeur. That is the first impression I got.

The fact is, no new condo can win older condo in terms of psf or size so that no point debating in that.

Like one of our bro/sis here says, some ppl like virgins. We like houses fresh and untouched, first hand. Some don't mind second hand, used as long as it's cheap.

No perfect world or you can keep waiting for every boat sails by
    The Titanic sailed by and those that didn't board it lived to tell the tale

Is your view impartial? Sounds a bit "salesy".

Also, I'm flabergasted when people call Optima old. The paint is barely dry

I like The Glades, I'm not bashing it. Just trying to hear from folks on their view as to whether it will be a white elephant.

Yes, "make up your own mind" is a fair answer, but I'd like to debate the pros and cons with the good people on this forum.

The Titanic sailed by and those that didn't board it lived to tell the tale

Is your view impartial? Sounds a bit "salesy".

Also, I'm flabergasted when people call Optima old. The paint is barely dry

I like The Glades, I'm not bashing it. Just trying to hear from folks on their view as to whether it will be a white elephant.

Yes, "make up your own mind" is a fair answer, but I'd like to debate the pros and cons with the good people on this forum.
    We bought UV cos we like the area and the loft concept of the unit. No one has the crystal ball at that point in time and we took the plunge amid talks that Glades will be launched at higher prices. Indeed Glades might be priced higher without the CMs. Thus it appears Glades is now a good buy with its price comparable to UV but with nicer landscape and layout.

It is pointless to compare against UV cos most choiced 1 and 2 bedders are already sold. One can now only consider Glades or wait for the next launch in the area which could maybe be a few years down the road.

Smile

I bought a unit at The Glades, biggest sized 2 bedroom, pool facing.

I am well aware that it is a high price ($1500psf), but I willingly paid for it because it is close to the airport where I work at.

I am buying for own stay, and not looking at how much yields I am going to get. If I am cash strapped in future, probably rent out a room to a SUTD student/ staff or airline crew.

UV and Optima landscape is a little too cramped for my liking, and I prefer The Glades extensive landscaping and space. I also prefer my condo not to be so close to HDBs.

Nobody can predict what's the price is going to be, but I am buying for own stay, did my affordability calculations and decided to go ahead. Good luck, everyone.!

Quote Originally Posted by JS_Woo View Post
    We bought UV cos we like the area and the loft concept of the unit. No one has the crystal ball at that point in time and we took the plunge amid talks that Glades will be launched at higher prices. Indeed Glades might be priced higher without the CMs. Thus it appears Glades is now a good buy with its price comparable to UV but with nicer landscape and layout.

It is pointless to compare against UV cos most choiced 1 and 2 bedders are already sold. One can now only consider Glades or wait for the next launch in the area which could maybe be a few years down the road.
    Thanks for such a nice response.

I heard that there is the mixed development coming up in between UV and Optima at some point, which might be lower PSF. However, the plot size is small so the residential units are not likely to enjoy good facilities.

I managed to speak to some buyers at The Glades launch. None were investors, they were all buying for own stay and because they like the area. In fact some were Optima owners - they shared with me that they thought Glades prices were too high for it to be considered a good short or medium term investment, but that they were buying for their own stay and had already made a killing on Optima (doubled their money in just a few years) so were OK.

Why do you think UV sold so well but The Glades sales are flat? All down to TDSR? Or just down to the fact that those that want to buy in this area already have done so?

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    I bought a unit at The Glades, biggest sized 2 bedroom, pool facing.

I am well aware that it is a high price ($1500psf), but I willingly paid for it because it is close to the airport where I work at.

I am buying for own stay, and not looking at how much yields I am going to get. If I am cash strapped in future, probably rent out a room to a SUTD student/ staff or airline crew.

UV and Optima landscape is a little too cramped for my liking, and I prefer The Glades extensive landscaping and space. I also prefer my condo not to be so close to HDBs.

Nobody can predict what's the price is going to be, but I am buying for own stay, did my affordability calculations and decided to go ahead. Good luck, everyone.!
    Congratulations! I believe you are the first poster to say they have bought.

People do seem to feel that this is a nice development and are putting their faith in Keppel to execute to a high standard.

Seem to be that this is appealing to own stay buyers, but not to investors.

If really need to stay near Tanah Merah like someone mentioned in the earlier post then

why must pay extreme psf

when just across the road junction there is older condo which is going for below 1K psf - but the savings are like half a million dollars for a 1000sq ft when compared to Glades.

Is this the SG way of thinking that must only buy new - and disregard the old ?

Quote Originally Posted by ppty View Post
    If really need to stay near Tanah Merah like someone mentioned in the earlier post then

why must pay extreme psf

when just across the road junction there is older condo which is going for below 1K psf - but the savings are like half a million dollars for a 1000sq ft when compared to Glades.

Is this the SG way of thinking that must only buy new - and disregard the old ?
    When you put it like that, it's hard to see the sense in it

Thanks for such a nice response.

I heard that there is the mixed development coming up in between UV and Optima at some point, which might be lower PSF. However, the plot size is small so the residential units are not likely to enjoy good facilities.

I managed to speak to some buyers at The Glades launch. None were investors, they were all buying for own stay and because they like the area. In fact some were Optima owners - they shared with me that they thought Glades prices were too high for it to be considered a good short or medium term investment, but that they were buying for their own stay and had already made a killing on Optima (doubled their money in just a few years) so were OK.

Why do you think UV sold so well but The Glades sales are flat? All down to TDSR? Or just down to the fact that those that want to buy in this area already have done so?
    Think its TDSR - from the people I know - it has stopped them from buying their third or more properties.

Actually all previous CM can remove liao.
    Once u got TDSR in place, all fringe player game over.

My loan amount from 5m reduce to 3.5m due to this TDSR