Page 45 of 228 FirstFirst ... 152025303540414243444546474849505560657075 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 6826

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    Taiwanese grads are crap, I remember having to check the English of a masters dissertation for a Taiwanese friend studying M.Ed in UK n 90% of her script had grammatical n sentence construction errors n our elementary level kids can put her to shame in terms of writing standards. The university had the good sense not to pass her dissertation n awarded her only a pistgrad dip for her other substandard coursework.
    have you tried speaking with them in mandarin instead?

Dont be a jerk, Taiwanese are more enterprising than Singapore in many ways.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

When Ng Teng Fong (once the richest man in Singapore) was still around, many of their board meeting are still conducted in hokkien.

Power boh?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Suddenly I realised something ...

We are going to get this denial for the next FOUR years ?!

When people start to see Bishan selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Thomson selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Clementi selling for lesser than Jurong - scream, scream scream ice cream and defend!

Okie! Boss go home liao! I also can pack and go home early today!

Who is visiting any showflats (that has MM) that is selling lower than the Jurong $1,6xx-$1,7xx, please post here! F1 over, so maybe this screaming can mimic some effects ...

Aaaaaarrrgghhhhhhh !

DKSG
    For comparative analysis, let see where Jurong stands among the median HDB resale transacted prices - nowhere near the top percentile, in fact Jurongeast is below the 50 percentile.

If you really believe in JLD potential and you have modest means - buy Jurongeast HDB.

If you really believe in JLD potential and you have lots of money - talk to institutional funds to invest in foreign workers dormitories - Jurong has the highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories in Singapore.

Buying Jgateway at 1,7xx psf has very small growth potential - the high psf sticks like a sore thumb among the modest resale HDB, or resale condos in the vicinity.

Town 4-Room
    Queenstown $710,000
    Bukit Merah $704,000
    Toa Payoh $645,000
    Bishan $555,000
    Clementi $547,500
    Kallang/Whampoa $547,500
    Geylang $512,500
    Punggol $506,000
    Sengkang $501,500
    Ang Mo Kio $488,000
    Tampines $480,000
    Serangoon $470,000
    Pasir Ris $466,500
    Bedok $459,000
    Jurong East $455,000
    Hougang $451,000
    Jurong West $445,000
    Bukit Batok $443,000
    Sembawang $441,000
    Choa Chu Kang $440,000
    Bukit Panjang $425,000
    Woodlands $422,500
    Yishun $416,500

You should be looking at pace of growth for hdb aound jld instead of absolute number. If not you might be better off comparing orchard pc to juong . That way you will always be right and convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    When Ng Teng Fong (once the richest man in Singapore) was still around, many of their board meeting are still conducted in hokkien.

Power boh?
    hearsay that's because he can only shout vulgarities in hokkien. hearsay there was one time, he swear "fxxk u" in english, people gave him a puzzle look and then started laughing. from then on, only hokkien vulgarities, and only hokkien spoken in board meeting so that no secrets can be spoken in other languages.

family of feo, dont sue me hor. i repeat hearsay only

Don't make me resort to calling u an idiot. Such innate attributes are universal n it doesn't apply to Singaporeans only. I have come across countless British people who hv short tongue that can't pronounce words clearly. Try speaking to a Scottish with a cockney accent n you probably can't even make out what the hell he is saying but who r we to say their pronunciation is wrong as they have been speaking that way for hundreds of years.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    If it is widely known in Singapore and even discussed openly, then I guess this handicap is endemic and unique in Singapore. Then, perhaps only surgery will help you guys speak English clearly. I throw up my hands.

What? If u hv a phd, i suggest u bin it. You mean you dont know that the ability to roll the tongue and how that affects word pronunciation is an innate attribute n u need to be a linguist to know that? This is in our elementary school syllabus under the topic 'From parents to young' n our eleven year olds know that better than u
    I find what you said really interesting. So, it is excusable to not pronounce "th" and "l" correctly because it is an innate disability. Well, how about those who have an innate disability to do math. Are they also forgiven for that innate disability as well in Singapore? Where do you draw the line? No wonder so many kids graduate from high schools and come to our universities unable to communicate clearly. They have all being excused for having these exotic disabilities.

Don't make me resort to calling u an idiot. Such innate attributes are universal n it doesn't apply to Singaporeans only. I have come across countless British people who hv short tongue that can't pronounce words clearly. Try speaking to a Scottish with a cockney accent n you probably can't even make out what the hell he is saying but who r we to say their pronunciation is wrong as they have been speaking that way for hundreds of years.
    I am not sure whether what you said is true or not. But I don't think the problem is so wide-spread in any other country that they openly discuss it in elementary school syllabi.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Brudder, have u seen the ang mo speak Chinese???? Will they ever master perfection in Chinese???? Many ang mo now want to speak Chinese.... I was in shanghai world expo 2010 and us had a booth... U should listen to the ang mo speak Chinese.... Do we then belittle them for their pronunciation????

Can the Canadians speak Chinese fluently????
    But have these ang mos spoken Chinese since grade 1? You guys have spoken "English" since Grade 1.

If there is a problem, try to solve it instead of get defensive and abusive when someone points out the problem for you.

Math is a subject that can be learned, how is Jamie Oliver going to ever pronounce words clearly n crisply even if u gv him a lifetime of training? It is dangerous to generalise as majority of Singaporeans can pronounce words clearly.

I find what you said really interesting. So, it is excusable to not pronounce "th" and "l" correctly because it is an innate disability. Well, how about those who have an innate disability to do math. Are they also forgiven for that innate disability as well in Singapore? Where do you draw the line? No wonder so many kids graduate from high schools and come to our universities unable to communicate clearly. They have all being excused for having these exotic disabilities.

Math is a subject that can be learned, how is Jamie Oliver going to ever pronounce words clearly n crisply even if u gv him a lifetime of training? It is dangerous to generalise as majority of Singaporeans can pronounce words clearly.
    Many can't because you guys give them so many sorry excuses. I find it interesting that Singapore are adamant that each kid must learn math and science and learn them well. But there are so many sorry excuses when it comes to English. There is no excuse if you don't master your English. You have been speaking it since K1.

Math can be learned? A lot of Americans would disagree with that. They should be excused too.

Honestly guys, why are you indulging this fella? Just treat him as noise and eventually he goes away (hopefully). So annoying. Biting the hands that feed you.

Try speaking english to a scottish, i dare say the pronunciation of an average educated Singaporean is much clearer n more accurate than them.
    Many can't because you guys give them so many sorry excuses. I find it interesting that Singapore are adamant that each kid must learn math and science and learn them well. But there are so many sorry excuses when it comes to English. There is no excuse if you don't master your English. You have been speaking it since K1.

U mean you are new to American culture? Most of their kids are only interested in sex, drugs n booze, you expect them to gv up their freedom to hv the same culture as asians whereby industry n discipline are the cornerstones to our success?
    Math can be learned? A lot of Americans would disagree with that. They should be excused too.

Smile

Hi all, I am a student from National University of Singapore. Hope you can help me to do a short survey for a study for my report. Its regarding the current status of the property agents from the point of the general public. The link is below. Thank you =)

Just 2 minutes of your time

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yQ7...GbVoY/viewform

You may want to create a separate thread for this
    Quote Originally Posted by cheng09 View Post
    Hi all, I am a student from National University of Singapore. Hope you can help me to do a short survey for a study for my report. Its regarding the current status of the property agents from the point of the general public. The link is below. Thank you =)

Just 2 minutes of your time

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yQ7...GbVoY/viewform

Try speaking english to a scottish, i dare say the pronunciation of an average educated Singaporean is much clearer n more accurate than them theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung View Post
    You forgot the part "a scottish." He meant "a scot." But he is excused from speaking or writing English correctly. He has a certificate from the government for having a shorter tongue and thicker larnyx, hor.

Only a kum gong n bo liao kuku will cme into forum to correct ppl's ingerish. Let lim leh teach u hor, in forum ingerish is to be understooded hor, functional can liao, nobody gv a F about ur queen ingerish or whatever ingerish, if ppl call govt gahmen who gives a F about weder scot is Scottish blar blar blar.....btw if u continue correcting our ingerish u only make yourself llook more kum gong

You forgot the part "a scottish." He meant "a scot." But he is excused from speaking or writing English correctly. He has a certificate from the government for having a shorter tongue and thicker larnyx, hor.

.............Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

..........zzzzzzzzzz
    I am not a linguist, so I don't know if what you said is true or not.

Mummy daddy, can we go Jurong..

Daddy to Ringo33: Son, are u ok? Something is not right, I better bring u to see a psychiatrist tomorrow. When you recover from your mental condition, I will bring u somewhere away from the factories to play ok?

Ringo33 to daddy: ok daddy, I will not be such an idiot next time.

Mummy daddy, can we go Jurong..

Daddy to Ringo33: Son, are u ok? Something is not right, I better bring u to see a psychiatrist tomorrow. When you recover from your mental condition, I will bring u somewhere away from the factories to play ok?
    I know you are under a lot of stress lately, but that doesnt mean could simply label kids as having mental problem just because they want to go visit playground. Perhaps a childless lonely soul like you who spend all night listening to Taylor Swift will never understand or perhaps experience the joy of kids in this life time.

Shame on you!!

The conversion between u n your father, what has that got to do with other kids lol... that is why I say u r an idiot

I know you are under a lot of stress lately, but that doesnt mean could simply label kids as having mental problem just because they want to go visit playground. Perhaps a childless lonely soul like you who spend all night listening to Taylor Swift will never understand or perhaps experience the joy of kids in this life time.

Shame on you!!

The conversion between u n your father, what has that got to do with other kids lol... that is why I say u r an idiot
    I am directly my comments at YOU only.

A childless lonely soul who listen to heartbreaking song by taylor swift will never understand the importance of playground.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

heehee,
    Stalingrad don't dare to reply your question, think you hit the nail on the head! Ouch!

Singapore has been trying to attract first-rate foreigners, but despite paying "golden peanuts", we are just getting 2nd-rate or even 3rd-rate foreign monkeys who think they are BIG SHOT and Singapore cannot survive without them!

By the way, what is PhD? Permanent Head Damage? We don't need more of such people with sanity problems. With so many of such people, no wonder we are seeing so many cases of sex with under-age girls, taking skirts upshot photos, and asking for anal sex etc! They are just beyond hope!

Quote Originally Posted by heehee View Post
    People tell me that only 2nd rate foreigners with PhD come to Singapore. Their first choice is always US but only first rate foreigners are able to get good jobs there. (This statement exclude Citizens & those who are already famous & then come here on super fat expat term & pay to head big organization of at least a few hundreds of people - the engineers & scientists drawing almost a million $ salary are them). What do you have to say about this? You belong to the former or the latter?
    Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Many jobs you Singaporeans cannot do. Do you know that without foreigners with Ph.D. working in your universities, your universities would rank among the worst and soon have to shut down. The same with research institutes. Come on, don't overestimate yourself. As I said before, with your condescending attitude and abusive language against foreigners, it doesn't bode well for the country in the future.

We dont need foreigners like Stalingrad in Singapore, high time for him to balik kampong.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    heehee,
    Stalingrad don't dare to reply your question, think you hit the nail on the head! Ouch!

Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Many jobs you Singaporeans cannot do. Do you know that without foreigners with Ph.D. working in your universities, your universities would rank among the worst and soon have to shut down. The same with research institutes. Come on, don't overestimate yourself. As I said before, with your condescending attitude and abusive language against foreigners, it doesn't bode well for the country in the future.

We dont need foreigners like Stalingrad in Singapore, high time for him to balik kampong.
    The government is hearing your my friend!
    They are slowing the influx down.

Jem is closed for yet another weekend!
    So dear readers, please dont try to go Jems, even after it open door again, do let others go and try out first, just in case.
    Stay away for a while, there are other nicer places like Orchard Road. Hahaa!

Today's newspaper splashed with Sky Vue and Thomson Three going from (starting $1,350 psf!) ...

Buyers of Jurong MM at $1,6xx, BEWARE! You are buying at higher price than Bishan and Thomson!

DKSG