Page 182 of 228 FirstFirst ... 152157162167172177178179180181182183184185186187192197202207212 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 6826

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

You know the difference between domestic and transboundary air pollution? The issue here is very simple, do you agree that domestically, jurong air has the highest concentration of petrochemical pollutants because the oil refinery in jurong? I will talk about what our govt can control not what cannot be controlled like the haze from indonesia.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    huh, pollution is same everywhere, why focus only jurong.

can you go Watertown thread and start the air pollution in Punggol is bad so that you appear more balance? for example, like posting only carrotheads buy WT because they are mentally unsound.

First time hear pollution got transboundery. So u mean pollution have to pass through custom in order to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    The issue is whether air quality in jurong affected by petrochemical factory in jurong which is domestic pollution and you talk about irrelevant stuff like transboundary pollution from pasir gudang n the other end of singapore, You must be really desperate. Just admit that the air quality in jurong sucks and tainted with chemical pollutants from domestic pollution don't need to drag in transboundary pollution to make jurong look good.

To answer your question on fart and air quality in jurong, let me ask you one question, between a plate of cow dung and fried rice, which one will you eat and explain why? Answer this question then I will answer your question about fart and air quality in jurong.

Sorry, you should be asking ringo33 coz he brought that up

Quote Originally Posted by dudick View Post
    First time hear pollution got transboundery. So u mean pollution have to pass through custom in order to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by dudick View Post
    yes, need passport to enter.
    locally produced pollution can move freely within singapore.

pollution produced outside singapore, ie from pasir gudang has no passport, hence cannot clear customs and immigration, hence the air in north-east singapore is very safe.

also local transboundary also means that pollution stops at jurong. surrounding areas like clementi, buona vista is also very safe.

??????????
    everybody farts
    ...not everyone farts from the mouth like one big star on the forum....its trans-threads now on this forum.....this farting.....the only stopping it from going on to other forums is he needs passwords to go across forum I guess.

As I was saying, this is the place you want to put your money...when Dulwich College is up end of the year, more expats will move near JLD.

This is all part of the government grand plan to turn JLD into the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah! If anybody can buy Queenstown at $1300 psf, who in their right sense of mind want to pay $1300 psf for Jurong heavy industry town?

And, to rub salt into wound, J Gateway average price was $1480 psf, while LakeVille average price is only $1300 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    As I was saying, this is the place you want to put your money...when Dulwich College is up end of the year, more expats will move near JLD.

This is all part of the government grand plan to turn JLD into the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Wah! If anybody can buy Queenstown at $1300 psf, who in their right sense of mind want to pay $1300 psf for Jurong heavy industry town?

And, to rub salt into wound, J Gateway average price was $1480 psf, while LakeVille average price is only $1300 psf!
    Correct me if I am wrong.

a) CDL's Commonwealth project has not even launched yet, what the property analyst said in that article is just suggesting that developer "COULD" price it at $1300-$1400psf to sell if they desperate enough

b) The record psf for Echelon by same developer CDL last year was $2474psf

So based on your experience and knowledge in Singapore property market do you think that CDL is desperate to launch this commonwealth project at $1300psf average price?

As if indeed they do, dont you think that the worst hit are those who bought Echelon and not J Gateway because J Gateway is targeting at a different captive market to those property located at around RCR?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

yes, need passport to enter.
    locally produced pollution can move freely within singapore.

pollution produced outside singapore, ie from pasir gudang has no passport, hence cannot clear customs and immigration, hence the air in north-east singapore is very safe.

also local transboundary also means that pollution stops at jurong. surrounding areas like clementi, buona vista is also very safe.
    If the pollution just confined to Jurong.. Think still ok

My fren told me.. from the past those who stayed Jurong is ok but not now when recent years the number of chemical plants keep increasing over at Jurong island

He didn't wish to elaborate further.. But instead ask me if possible try not to live in Jurong area

If CDL MM at queenstown launched at 1400psf, pls tell me, I buy buy buy even if have to beg for funds : )

Everyone should buy too : )

And quickly sell off CityDev shares if this happens : )

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk View Post
    If the pollution just confined to Jurong.. Think still ok

My fren told me.. from the past those who stayed Jurong is ok but not now when recent years the number of chemical plants keep increasing over at Jurong island

He didn't wish to elaborate further.. But instead ask me if possible try not to live in Jurong area
    I stay and working here for donkey years without any health problem so why hearsay from other/fren comment that might not be absolute unless you have stay here before ?
    Last edited by CondoWE; 06-04-14 at 10:38.
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

Queenstown@ 1300 psf? Which pc? Am looking for MM/1br/2br there !

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE View Post
    I stay and working here for donkey years without any health problem so why hearsay from other/fren comment that might not be absolute unless you have stay here before ?
    I used to stay Jurong area for over 20 years.. Had moved out since 7 years ago
    This long time fren of mine who is environmentalist.. Told me from now is wise to move out of Jurong area.. He is saying "from now"
    I had never heard him saying that when I was staying in Jurong area the last time

This long time fren of mine who is environmentalist.. Told me from now is wise to move out of Jurong area.. He is saying "from now"
    I had never heard him saying that when I was staying in Jurong area the last time
    Perhaps that explain why you are so sour about the dvelopment in jurong. Seven years ago was 2007 one year before jld master plan was announced. Over the short seven year prices has pretty much doubled.

What also curious me is your sudden interest in this thread actually.

Perhaps someone needs to fill the void when someone left huh.

haha, Me 30 yrs, still staying here despite having few properties elsewhere other than the West...!

Hahaha, friend, I give u another hearsay....one of my friend told me recently that he is advising his friends not to stay in the east....u know why?

The landing and taking off of airplane emits 10 times more pollutants than the chemical plants in Jurong. Sg got strict rules, those plants in Jurong island employ very advance filtration systems....imagine how low the airplane is flying above tanah merah, pasir ris, ... U directly inhale them while u are sleeping also....scary eh...
    Than for south area, u know how far is bukom from our CBD? Use google map, once northeastern wind comes, all die....can't smell, can't see....
    Oh yes, not to forget the woodland area, the JB heavy industry is worst....cut cost ma, everything also cut, I not sure got filter or not. Once the wind change direction to southern, all die...

Scary, I advise u to migrate....not safe to stay here.

Eh, forget to mention, my friend works in UN...

He did not wish to elaborate further cos he is working under public sector..
    Just a piece of advise to me since we are close fren..

As I said.. I'm not here to Ka chao this thread..
    Last edited by Rysk; 06-04-14 at 12:33.

This must be the biggest BS coming from you. I smell petrochemical in the air so often when I go jurong n you telling me that is better than jets taking off n landing? Another one in denial

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    Hahaha, friend, I give u another hearsay....one of my friend told me recently that he is advising his friends not to stay in the east....u know why?

The landing and taking off of airplane emits 10 times more pollutants than the chemical plants in Jurong. Sg got strict rules, those plants in Jurong island employ very advance filtration systems....imagine how low the airplane is flying above tanah merah, pasir ris, ... U directly inhale them while u are sleeping also....scary eh...
    Than for south area, u know how far is bukom from our CBD? Use google map, once northeastern wind comes, all die....can't smell, can't see....
    Oh yes, not to forget the woodland area, the JB heavy industry is worst....cut cost ma, everything also cut, I not sure got filter or not. Once the wind change direction to southern, all die...

Scary, I advise u to migrate....not safe to stay here.

Eh, forget to mention, my friend works in UN...

Which part did I deny? Why u cannot accept hearsay ?? Anyway, the end of this...
    This must be the biggest BS coming from you. I smell petrochemical in the air so often when I go jurong n you telling me that is better than jets taking off n landing? Another one in denial

Air Pollution is a very IMPORTANT subject and its deserves to be discuss in isolation. Please continue your air pollution discussion here.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...587#post471587

This thread is titled "Owners in the West beware!"

Can't think of anything to beware of other than the pollution problem in jurong so I think this thread is still the best thread to discuss the pollution problem in jurong.

As I was saying...HSR could possibly end up at JLD..

BEWARE!!

SINGAPORE has picked three possible areas for the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur high-speed rail terminal that's expected to roll out in 2020: Tuas West; Jurong East; and the city.

This was disclosed after Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong wrapped up the annual retreat meeting between the Singapore and Malaysian leaders this morning. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Malaysia has already decided to build the terminal on KL's end at Sungei Besi, which is currently occupied by an air base.

The high-speed rail (HSR) project is projected to have seven stations - two terminus stations (KL and Singapore) and five transit stops (one each in Negri Sembilan and Malacca and three in Johor).

The project, targeted to be completed by 2020, is reported to cost about RM 40 billion (S$15.6 billion) and expected to cut land-travelling time between the two countries to just 90 minutes.

As I was saying...HSR could possibly end up at JLD..

BEWARE!!
    not much singaporean visit malaysia these day. many kena robbed tio kia leow.

beware, the wolves are waiting. good luck bro.

Sunrise, I have included you into my ignore list because there is really nothing that you post in this forum that is worth reading at all.

So please dont waste time posting on this thread anymore unless you enjoy talking to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    not much singaporean visit malaysia these day. many kena robbed tio kia leow.

beware, the wolves are waiting. good luck bro.
    I think most of the crimes committed were in JB city center and eastern side

Western side like Nusa Jaya and Setia is quite safe

Nusajaya folks fear increasing crime rates

by Eric Ku

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2012...-area-near-jb/

Residents of Nusajaya vicinity in Johor Bahru feel unsettled due to the increase in buglary cases in the area.Recent protests in Taman Pulai Utama concerning the escalating crime rates initiated a dialogue session called “Sesi Dialog Polis Dengan Penduduk” recently to discuss measures which need to be taken by the police with cooperation from the residents to battle the issue at hand.According to the Deputy CPO of IPD Nusajaya, Tuan Razak, this is the second dialogue held in Nusajaya to answer the public’s enquiry and to offer consolation to the jittery residents.As per police report and record, Taman Pulai Utama had a total of 70 case this year, comprising 41 lost motorcycles, 7 missing cars, 19 burglary and 3 rape cases. To date, no one has been nabbed for the cases.The public openly displayed their frustration as many Nusajaya cases have been redirected to other police stations surmounting to a waste of time and effort.Ex-police office, James Barran, voiced his frustration at the lackadaisical attitude of the police force.“20 years ago, when I was a Police officer in Batu Pahat, the police received reports regardless of territory, but now I personally encountered a case where I was asked to lodge a Police report in Kangkar Pulai which is 5 km further from the one at Taman Universiti which is just 1 km away,” said the exasperated ex-police officer.Barran was supported by one of the local residents, Ong Ju Seng, who faced similar problems and had to travel a few times to give investigation statements in a rural police stations, when there was a police station close to home.Tuan Razak, in his reply mentioned that public can make police report in any of the police station, and that there is no excuse for policemen to channel cases to other stations. Disciplinary actions will take against officers who refuse to comply. He explained that there is a shortage of investigative officers and therefore some lapse in time may occur before crime cases receive due investigation.The resident in Taman Pulai Utama requested more police patrol in the area, regardless of having security personals in the guarded and gated area. They request that the police be more efficient when recovering evidence and to be efficient when dealing with suspects in order to deter repetitive crime.A total of 200 people attended the dialogue. Also present was the Ahli Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru Tengah ( MPJBT), Jason Teo and community policing Bukit Indah, Yap Kwi Juan and legal advisor Lau Kok Guan.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    I think most of the crimes committed were in JB city center and eastern side

Western side like Nusa Jaya and Setia is quite safe

this thread is about Singapore west region, not Malaysia. Please do not pollute this thread by talking about crime in JB.

this thread is about Singapore west region, not Malaysia. Please do not pollute this thread by talking about crime in JB.
    you are mentioning on the high speed rail, others are concern on the safety of travelling to malaysia, if rail station located at JLD then it will be more scary, just as crowded as serangoon and geylang if you look further.
    i can tell you do not have foresight. simple minded, no wonder people call you kamgong.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    you are mentioning on the high speed rail, others are concern on the safety of travelling to malaysia, if rail station located at JLD then it will be more scary, just as crowded as serangoon and geylang if you look further.
    i can tell you do not have foresight. simple minded, no wonder people call you kamgong.
    i would think woodland more scary le.
    everyday got so many malaysians riding their bike.

the malaysian can rape, rob, rub their victims. the police wont even have time to respond before they cross the causeway.
    so scary to live in woodlands.

using HSR rail expensive way to rob. train ticket quite ex. (compared to riding bike). not only that, can alight only at train stations where malaysia police will be waiting for you cough..cough..cough
    if cross the causeway on motorbike, once turn into any sideroad, hard for malaysia police to catch.
    (even our very efficient singapore police take hours to catch a gold mercedes. how many gold merc you see on the road har?).
    chin-chin scary to live in woodland.

Nusajaya folks fear increasing crime rates

by Eric Ku

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2012...-area-near-jb/

Residents of Nusajaya vicinity in Johor Bahru feel unsettled due to the increase in buglary cases in the area.Recent protests in Taman Pulai Utama concerning the escalating crime rates initiated a dialogue session called “Sesi Dialog Polis Dengan Penduduk” recently to discuss measures which need to be taken by the police with cooperation from the residents to battle the issue at hand.According to the Deputy CPO of IPD Nusajaya, Tuan Razak, this is the second dialogue held in Nusajaya to answer the public’s enquiry and to offer consolation to the jittery residents.As per police report and record, Taman Pulai Utama had a total of 70 case this year, comprising 41 lost motorcycles, 7 missing cars, 19 burglary and 3 rape cases. To date, no one has been nabbed for the cases.The public openly displayed their frustration as many Nusajaya cases have been redirected to other police stations surmounting to a waste of time and effort.Ex-police office, James Barran, voiced his frustration at the lackadaisical attitude of the police force.“20 years ago, when I was a Police officer in Batu Pahat, the police received reports regardless of territory, but now I personally encountered a case where I was asked to lodge a Police report in Kangkar Pulai which is 5 km further from the one at Taman Universiti which is just 1 km away,” said the exasperated ex-police officer.Barran was supported by one of the local residents, Ong Ju Seng, who faced similar problems and had to travel a few times to give investigation statements in a rural police stations, when there was a police station close to home.Tuan Razak, in his reply mentioned that public can make police report in any of the police station, and that there is no excuse for policemen to channel cases to other stations. Disciplinary actions will take against officers who refuse to comply. He explained that there is a shortage of investigative officers and therefore some lapse in time may occur before crime cases receive due investigation.The resident in Taman Pulai Utama requested more police patrol in the area, regardless of having security personals in the guarded and gated area. They request that the police be more efficient when recovering evidence and to be efficient when dealing with suspects in order to deter repetitive crime.A total of 200 people attended the dialogue. Also present was the Ahli Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru Tengah ( MPJBT), Jason Teo and community policing Bukit Indah, Yap Kwi Juan and legal advisor Lau Kok Guan.

Please allow me to "shift" the goal post a bit and be more specific

Gelang Patah, Setia and Ledang area safer