Thread: How to sell my flat?

Default How to sell my flat?

Hello, everyone. I notice that there is this forum, property guru and also straits times. What is the best way to sell my flat? As a non-property agent, can I list on property guru etc? How much to list in Straits Times? What is the most effective method? I understand some agents undercut each other or sell cheaper for you just to get commission, is that true? I also heard commission norm is 1%, but some anyhow charge?

Norm commission is 2%, but can nego down to 1%

You place AD on stproperty as owner. Unless you are dealing with direct buyers, those brought in buy Agent, you still need to pay comms. So better sell through agent.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Norm commission is 2%, but can nego down to 1%

You place AD on stproperty as owner. Unless you are dealing with direct buyers, those brought in buy Agent, you still need to pay comms. So better sell through agent.
    Thank you. So you mean if another owner buy from me directly, I don't have to pay commission to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    Thank you. So you mean if another owner buy from me directly, I don't have to pay commission to anyone?
    correct

but you would need to take care of all the paper works ... and for HDB its a lot more paper work to be done compared to private condos ..

so its better to engage an agent ..

theres no free lunch in this world ... unless you are an MP ... then get free lunches ...

I noticed that you has not listed propertykaiser.com

You really really should try that website.

HDB resale is super easy. I did not attend any of their course and able to do everything DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    HDB resale is super easy. I did not attend any of their course and able to do everything DIY.
    yeah, I oso feel that hdb resale is not hard; one juz need to take note of the deadlines of submission, wat to submit etc den can save a few k, y not?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    Hello, everyone. I notice that there is this forum, property guru and also straits times. What is the best way to sell my flat? As a non-property agent, can I list on property guru etc? How much to list in Straits Times? What is the most effective method? I understand some agents undercut each other or sell cheaper for you just to get commission, is that true? I also heard commission norm is 1%, but some anyhow charge?
    I always believe "every trade got their expertise" unless you have the time to DIY, else it is better to leave it with the sales guy to do it. Because it is not just paper work. Need to involve the tedious sell cycle, negotiation, viewing appointments and so forth.... My personal opinium is that I will never want to do it myself.

Thank you everyone. Yes, i am no agent, i better engage an agent.

DIY is when you already have a confirmed direct buyer. for anything else, get an agent. make sure you dont sign exclusive with the agent.

Engage an agent not only just listen to the agent presentation and also must feel it Signed Exclusive is the best choice! Focus more on the 98% selling price and not the 2% right of the professional agent.
    Currently Hdb is going downtrend and is buyer's market, Find out what is current possible price to sell/sold and get it done at higher possible price and shortest possible time.
    Market change and is not as easy as doing DIY.

Good luck and all the best!

property guru is only for agents. ST classified is open to all at about $40 a day and there is directproperty.com.sg which is free.