Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smart investor buy resale??

Look like Bishan8 with owners still crying after more than 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    I think within 10 years, J Gateway buyers will be crying.........

Bishan 8 has no train noise but here can be a big issue given his close proximity.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    You mean like those who bought Bishan 8 18 years ago?

They have been crying for years after years ... Until recently smile again ...

In Sg property market, the local saying goes : wait long will get ...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Bishan 8 has no train noise but here can be a big issue given his close proximity.
    风水轮流转。

Bishan 8 shows that Bishan is losing its shines and some other new RCR/OCR regions rose up.

Ringo will be more likely to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I find it strange for you all to argue about 2 very different properties in 2 different areas about the rate of price increase ...

The simple answer is ... No Answer!!

These 2 cannot be compared apple to apple ...

I hope both of you can accept this fact ...

DKSG
    actually I oso dunno y the 2 of them can argue for so long over the same thing in different threads!

Surrounding developments plays a part in capital appreciation. Obviously growth area or steriod injected location will perform better than others.

At this point in time ---- Smart investors buy overseas...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    At this point in time ---- Smart investors buy overseas...
    Smart investors already cashing out their property overseas liao. Now you go in sure kenna slaughtered.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

When you talk about overseas, it is anywhere outside Singapore territory, u mean you know what investors in more than a hundred countries are doing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Smart investors already cashing out their property overseas liao. Now you go in sure kenna slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    When you talk about overseas, it is anywhere outside Singapore territory, u mean you know what investors in more than a hundred countries are doing ?
    Haha I don't want to name countries to look at la... So many possibilities I got no time to think abt Singapore properties... Just stay put and collect rent here...

Once cross borders... the sky's the limit... so many ways for creative financing to maximize your money... while people here still thinking of ABSD BSD SSD all these waste time problems...

If you cant even get your facts right on Singapore property, please try to avoid commenting on overseas property lah.

Dont need to overstretch yourself with 100 countries, because end of the day, there are only short list of countries which are investment grade

1) SE Asia,
    2) Canada
    3) USA
    4) Australia
    5) UK
    6) Spain
    7) Dubai
    8) China
    9) India

So Mr. Regulators, perhaps I missed out some, care to share?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I did not comment on overseas investors, u were the one making this ridiculous sweeping statement. It is as if u know what millions of investors are doing around the world. I think u r the one overstretching yourself

I did not comment on overseas investors, u were the one making this ridiculous sweeping statement. It is as if u know what millions of investors are doing around the world. I think u r the one overstretching yourself

in the context of overseas property investment for Singapore, there are only a short list of countries which Singaporeans usually invest. So there is no need to bring up 100 over countries because majority of these 100 countries are not investment grade for foreigners.

So smart investors are only Singaporean investors? Why do Singaporean investors need to cash out on their overseas ptys? Those Singaporean millionaire investors who bought into London's Fitzroy place should sell now even before pty built? All Singaporeans who invest overseas ptys should liquidate their investments n buy jurong ptys ?? For $800k u paid for your dog box, can buy two ptys in inner city Melbourne n collect more than 6% rental. If u r only interested in rental yield, u should be looking at countries like Australia n not Singapore so your statement is flawed

in the context of overseas property investment for Singapore, there are only a short list of countries which Singaporeans usually invest. So there is no need to bring up 100 over countries because majority of these 100 countries are not investment grade for foreigners.
    Last edited by Regulators; 10-07-13 at 09:38.

In London, my accountant and estate agent are shaking their heads wondering how Asian investors can pay so much for new launches of London property. They don't think that a decent % rental yield can be achieved at the prices they are paying. Perhaps these investors don't need the rental to pay their mortgage....just parking their $$$ there

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    In London, my accountant and estate agent are shaking their heads wondering how Asian investors can pay so much for new launches of London property. They don't think that a decent % rental yield can be achieved at the prices they are paying. Perhaps these investors don't need the rental to pay their mortgage....just parking their $$$ there

if they pay up a huge portion for the property, the rental yield would move up. as long as the yield as better than what they can get locally or parking in a bank, it's a sound move

Dont need to overstretch yourself with 100 countries, because end of the day, there are only short list of countries which are investment grade

1) SE Asia,
    2) Canada
    3) USA
    4) Australia
    5) UK
    6) Spain
    7) Dubai
    8) China
    9) India

So Mr. Regulators, perhaps I missed out some, care to share?
    your choices are quite conflicting, eg spain and china.
    like Spain property market has been falling since like forever....
    china has been increasing since like forever....
    so one country rising prices, one country falling prices yet both are investment grade?

SEA is grouping of countries, cambodia, myanmar also investment grade?

so can know what is your criteria for investment grade?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    if they pay up a huge portion for the property, the rental yield would move up. as long as the yield as better than what they can get locally or parking in a bank, it's a sound move
    For the smaller investor, they can get better yield buying an existing property direct from the market (not BUC). No need those luxurious new launches where the service (maintenance) charges can eat majorly into your returns.

Agree that the yield can be better than what can be got locally or parking in bank. My last UK flat has gross yield 6.5%, mortgage rate 1.5%, LTV 75% (bought before Lehman - interest rates were higher then, that's why I have a good deal on the mortgage - I don't think can get 1.5% currently for UK property).

all i can say is smart investors dont look at places normal people look at...

the list Ringo give is decent but still got many other places which are interesting to look at.... safe and good returns...

and yes agree with Hopeful that his "investment grade" is inaccurate.

for example
    - investment grade properties in China are not open to foreign ownership.
    - spain is under valued but squating is a big issue with alot of developments

and when buying overseas. FX exposure is an equally big profit driver as capital gain or rental yield. so need to look beyond the property itself to understand the cost and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    For the smaller investor, they can get better yield buying an existing property direct from the market (not BUC). No need those luxurious new launches where the service (maintenance) charges can eat majorly into your returns.

Agree that the yield can be better than what can be got locally or parking in bank. My last UK flat has gross yield 6.5%, mortgage rate 1.5%, LTV 75% (bought before Lehman - interest rates were higher then, that's why I have a good deal on the mortgage - I don't think can get 1.5% currently for UK property).
    how's the capital gains factoring weakened pound

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    your choices are quite conflicting, eg spain and china.
    like Spain property market has been falling since like forever....
    china has been increasing since like forever....
    so one country rising prices, one country falling prices yet both are investment grade?

SEA is grouping of countries, cambodia, myanmar also investment grade?

so can know what is your criteria for investment grade?
    Spain, like southern France has always been a popular holiday home for Europeans and middle eastern. Even the PRC from China are buying them, you dont know meh?

Spain, like southern France has always been a popular holiday home for Europeans and middle eastern. Even the PRC from China are buying them, you dont know meh?
    you see, i am Chicken Little. i see headlines from zerohedge like this
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ge-most-record
    my balls shrink buying spain real estate.

then again another headline
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...su-casa-200000
    my balls inflate only a little.

for same amount, i can buy second citizenship at one of the caribbean nations. residency versus citizenship, which is more attractive??

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    you see, i am Chicken Little. i see headlines from zerohedge like this
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ge-most-record
    my balls shrink buying spain real estate.

then again another headline
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...su-casa-200000
    my balls inflate only a little.

for same amount, i can buy second citizenship at one of the caribbean nations. residency versus citizenship, which is more attractive??
    Those are old news. doesnt zerohedge tells you how the spanish property prices going to be 1 to 2 years down the road?

Like in any investment, there is no way to catch the bottom.

Those are old news. doesnt zerohedge tells you how the spanish property prices going to be 1 to 2 years down the road?

Like in any investment, there is no way to catch the bottom.
    yes, ZH does tell me.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...t-about-bottom

Actually cqn be resales or new... no straight fomular

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    Honestly, when one looks at the high psf of the new launches, his first response would be "rather go for the resale market". When he really searches the resale market for a while, he will probably change his mind in an angry mood.

1. There are very few good resale units in the market.You must have to view a lot of units before you find a good deal. So, you must have time, and you must have patience.

2. Most resale owners are even more greedy than the developers. Their funny asking price will make you mad.

3 The agents for resale units seem to be more "arrogant" than those for new launches.

please focus on the real stuffs and stop all the other small talks.
    Please show us me your excel spreadsheet.

$294K profit from a $780K property in the next 4 years, that will mean a yield of 9.4% annually. What stuffs are you smoking?

As for MK88, yes the capital appreciation has been pathetic and so it its rental as compared to properties in ulu jurong. And there is nothing you could do to change the history

And btw, the Waterford Residence which you highly recommended, someone just sold a unit at a loss

Waterford? Cannot make it lah. Do dark inside. Pool is so small n the units are either looking at each other or looking at the temple next door. Frankly along kim yian stretch this project cannot make it. In that area I only interested in Martin place or river gate.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

btw just to remind you guys, in july i recommended ringo33 to buy a 500+sqft mk88 unit at $800k+ to be mocked by this clown saying the price of mk88 is stagnant and not moving. let the caveat in that same month in july speak for itself.

MACKENZIE 88 MACKENZIE ROAD Apartment 09 CCR Freehold 1 948,000 538 Strata 06 to 10 1,761 Jul-13

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    btw just to remind you guys, in july i recommended ringo33 to buy a 500+sqft mk88 unit at $800k+ to be mocked by this clown saying the price of mk88 is stagnant and not moving. let the caveat in that same month in july speak for itself.

MACKENZIE 88 MACKENZIE ROAD Apartment 09 CCR Freehold 1 948,000 538 Strata 06 to 10 1,761 Jul-13
    The seller of this unit didnt bought his unit this year, he bought in in 2007/8.
    So isnt this a very idiotic way of compare transaction price of different units, different facing different floor or even different condition?

What happens if a similar size unit from lower floor is sold and lower price next month? Are you going to say price MK88 plunge?

Do u even know how valuers value properties for resale if u intend to sell one? If u don't know, I think u better don't argue which makes u look more like an idiot than u already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    The seller of this unit didnt bought his unit this year, he bought in in 2007/8.
    So isnt this a very idiotic way of compare transaction price of different units, different facing different floor or even different condition?

What happens if a similar size unit from lower floor is sold and lower price next month? Are you going to say price MK88 plunge?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    Do u even know how valuers value properties for resale if u intend to sell one? If u don't know, I think u better don't argue which makes u look more like an idiot than u already are.

I believe I have mentioned this in my previous post, so please dont ask question after you have read the answer.

different units, different facing different floor or even different condition