Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smart investor buy resale??

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    With the penalty of selling before 4 years, what do you think owners will do for new developments? Buildings under construction have another advantage because loan is dispensed in stages. By then much of the fanfare will be in steady stead. Human beings are impressed by when they can see. What do you think? Of course it will be a different state of mind for investors wanting instant returns.
    So there is no right and wrong. It's just who you are at this moment and what you value more.
    But then again, if someone can show you how to make $294,000 profit in 4 years by buying a 1 bedder apartment at MK88 for around 800k, you wont consider? Siao boh?

9% capital gain every year for the next 4 years, where to find?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    But then again, if someone can show you how to make $294,000 profit in 4 years by buying a 1 bedder apartment at MK88 for around 800k, you wont consider? Siao boh?

It only applies if the person has another home to live in and that he can afford the hefty upfront money (in the current situation) to purchase a unit.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

The trick here is the selling price!

If we now have an OTP dated 4 years later for that price, then confirm, chop, sign, buy!

DKSG

Always remember that a bird in hand is better than two in the bush...and never buy a project in an area at historically high prices no matter what the surrounding development is
    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    The trick here is the selling price!

If we now have an OTP dated 4 years later for that price, then confirm, chop, sign, buy!

DKSG

MKZ preview, indicative price for a 4xxsqft unit at past $1 million. Some ardent J gateway supporter will see his opportunity to buy D9 at below $1 million fly by soon. If J gateway doing better than Mackenzie area, why would the developer want to sell the 4xxsqft MKZ unit at past $1 million n a 474sqft J gateway at only $800k?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-the-mkz

Currently, Parc emily and sophia residence are the only 2 larger development with full condo facilities in mount sophia area, most of the rest of the development are on sitting on small parcel of land in a rather cramp and crowded envirnment, due to the building height restriction. For capital gains, Condo. with larger land size , like Parc Emily does better comparatively. For rental return, those new, small apartment-like development will give better yield. Mount Sophia is an interesting D9 location. However, the plot ratio there is rather high, together with its hilly site conditions and strict building height control, good quality, airy and spacious development is not easy to find. Most development there are sunken and are facing huge retaining walls. I heard one of the newest development there has a floor to floor height of 2900mm. There must be a reason for this area to remain the cheapest in D9.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    MKZ preview, indicative price for a 4xxsqft unit at past $1 million. Some ardent J gateway supporter will see his opportunity to buy D9 at below $1 million fly by soon. If J gateway doing better than Mackenzie area, why would the developer want to sell the 4xxsqft MKZ unit at past $1 million n a 474sqft J gateway at only $800k?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-the-mkz
    Firstly, you must either be extremely desperate or naive to keep repeatedly using agent indicative price on propertyguru as example.

2ndly, if your argument is that MKZ at $1m is a good buy, perhap you might want to explain why MK88, which is a stone throw away from MKZ, and nearer to MRT is still selling below $1700 psf, with rents that is on par with Caspian in Ulu Jurong.

Lastly, could be show us your spreadsheet about how to make $290,000 from buying a 1 bedder unit at MK88 and holding it for 4 years.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Why dont you walk into the showflat at launch for mkz n ask for anything cheaper than $900k n see who will entertain you. To me m88, 138 n mkt are all within the same street, just a matter of time 88 n 138 pricing get adjusted upwards. Small apartments offer lower density n the share value of that valuable freehold land per unit is higher. U r trying desperately to prove that ur Gordon max is a unpolished natural diamond.

As for your spreadsheet, the projection is $300k+ n no longer $290k.
    Firstly, you must either be extremely desperate or naive to keep repeatedly using agent indicative price on propertyguru as example.

2ndly, if your argument is that MKZ at $1m is a good buy, perhap you might want to explain why MK88, which is a stone throw away from MKZ, and nearer to MRT is still selling below $1700 psf, with rents that is on par with Caspian in Ulu Jurong.

Lastly, could be show us your spreadsheet about how to make $290,000 from buying a 1 bedder unit at MK88 and holding it for 4 years.

Transacted price today offers buying opportunity for the discerning. Will this anomaly in pricing be prolonged for the next few years? Think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    Currently, Parc emily and sophia residence are the only 2 larger development with full condo facilities in mount sophia area, most of the rest of the development are on sitting on small parcel of land in a rather cramp and crowded envirnment, due to the building height restriction. For capital gains, Condo. with larger land size , like Parc Emily does better comparatively. For rental return, those new, small apartment-like development will give better yield. Mount Sophia is an interesting D9 location. However, the plot ratio there is rather high, together with its hilly site conditions and strict building height control, good quality, airy and spacious development is not easy to find. Most development there are sunken and are facing huge retaining walls. I heard one of the newest development there has a floor to floor height of 2900mm. There must be a reason for this area to remain the cheapest in D9.

Btw i am just clowning with you this forum for entertainment, nothing to be desperate, think you should be more desperate.

Why dont you walk into the showflat at launch for mkz n ask for anything cheaper than $900k n see who will entertain you. To me m88, 138 n mkt are all within the same street, just a matter of time 88 n 138 pricing get adjusted upwards. Small apartments offer lower density n the share value of that valuable freehold land per unit is higher. U r trying desperately to prove that ur Gordon max is a unpolished natural diamond.

As for your spreadsheet, the projection is $300k+ n no longer $290k.
    You can claim whatever numbers you want, as long as you cant produce a simple spreadsheet explaining how you derive those numbers, no one is going to believe you.

Btw i am just clowning with you this forum for entertainment, nothing to be desperate, think you should be more desperate.
    Nothing beats this one.

Looks who talking about being desperate...

Pretty much sum up the type of person you are...give yourself a hug and say good job!!

OMG did Regulators just voted for himself?

Perhaps the same way he is giving all the 5 stars rating for Regent Heights, while giving 1 star rating for J Gateway.

LOL...already tell you purchase price $850k and projected selling price $1.1 million in four years and rental at $3k for 4 years, you factor in mortgage interest, maintenance, stamp duty and legal fees etc for 4 years you tell me whether got more than $300k or not lor. simple maths also don't know, keep asking people to show you spreadsheet

You can claim whatever numbers you want, as long as you cant produce a simple spreadsheet explaining how you derive those numbers, no one is going to believe you.

LOL i make money from my properties and give good investment advices in the forum of course i give myself a pat on the back. I put my money where my mouth is and prove with actions, what have you made so far? Apart from screaming JLD every other day, maybe you can project what your dog box will sell for in 4 years time.

Here is the link for your projection: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18175

Nothing beats this one.

Looks who talking about being desperate...

Pretty much sum up the type of person you are...give yourself a hug and say good job!!
    Last edited by Regulators; 04-07-13 at 16:07.

LOL...already tell you purchase price $850k and projected selling price $1.1 million in four years and rental at $3k for 4 years, you factor in mortgage interest, maintenance, stamp duty and legal fees etc for 4 years you tell me whether got more than $300k or not lor. simple maths also don't know, keep asking people to show you spreadsheet
    We shall see what the transaction PSF will be next year.

2013 - $1700psf
    2014 - $1825psf
    2015 - $1950psf
    2016 - $2075psf
    2017 - $2200psf

LOL i make money from my properties and give good investment advices in the forum of course i give myself a pat on the back. I put my money where my mouth is and prove with actions, what have you made so far? Apart from screaming JLD every other day, maybe you can project what your dog box will sell for in 4 years time.

Here is the link for your projection: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18175
    forum is not exactly a place for you to brag about how smart you are or what much money you made.

For someone who give his on rating, someone who doesnt even know what is progressive payment for buying new launch and someone who could not explain logically about how he could suddenly double the rate of capital appreciation for MK88 logically is as good as fortune teller along little india.

Dont believe? go ask the a parrot what property to buy loh.

It is pointless debating with someone who has never made a cent from pte pty, lives in an hdb flat n knows nothing more than blaring the horn at JLD day in day out. Just continue dreaming n wait for your tiny dog box to increase in value 100% like ur Caspian.

forum is not exactly a place for you to brag about how smart you are or what much money you made.

For someone who give his on rating, someone who doesnt even know what is progressive payment for buying new launch and someone who could not explain logically about how he could suddenly double the rate of capital appreciation for MK88 logically is as good as fortune teller along little india.

Dont believe? go ask the a parrot what property to buy loh.

It is pointless debating with someone who has never made a cent from pte pty, lives in an hdb flat n knows nothing more than blaring the horn at JLD day in day out. Just continue dreaming n wait for your tiny dog box to increase in value 100% like ur Caspian.

You are so gullible. I guess I should say I am a Man of Steel, so that you can joke about my underwear.

I find it strange for you all to argue about 2 very different properties in 2 different areas about the rate of price increase ...

The simple answer is ... No Answer!!

These 2 cannot be compared apple to apple ...

I hope both of you can accept this fact ...

DKSG

I find it strange for you all to argue about 2 very different properties in 2 different areas about the rate of price increase ...

The simple answer is ... No Answer!!

These 2 cannot be compared apple to apple ...

I hope both of you can accept this fact ...

DKSG

This thread was started to prevent J Gateway thread from becoming a pointless and nonsensical discussion about J Gateway vs MK88 because Regulators is giving "INVESTMENT ADVISE" that MK88 is better investment cmpared to J Gateway. And we are asking him to tell us why.

As for why MK88, you need to ask property investment guru Regulators.

since u want to compare j gateway and m88, i am comparing it for you to see whether buying j gateway now or m88 is smarter. As illustrated, if the m88 investor puts 20% down on his property now and rents it out immediately, he would be earning $294k in profit conservatively 4 years later when j gateway TOPs. As you have also put 20% down on your j gateway dog box at the same time that yields no income, u will be banking on ur 400sqft dog box moving up in price from $800k to $1.09 million just to earn that $294k profit. Do you even think you can achieve that price? I can tell you based on the current rental statistics in jurong, only an idiot would pay $1.09 million for your unit when rental is less than $3k. If you expect rental for your tiny unit to shoot up in rental to $4k to justify ur selling price of more than $1 million, I think you can seriously dream on.

I think within 10 years, J Gateway buyers will be crying.........

This thread was started to prevent J Gateway thread from becoming a pointless and nonsensical discussion about J Gateway vs MK88 because Regulators is giving "INVESTMENT ADVISE" that MK88 is better investment cmpared to J Gateway. And we are asking him to tell us why.

As for why MK88, you need to ask property investment guru Regulators.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    You mean like those who bought Bishan 8 18 years ago?

They have been crying for years after years ... Until recently smile again ...

In Sg property market, the local saying goes : wait long will get ...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    By then J Gateway residences will be over looking Jurong lake district with a new theme parks and fireworks will tears of joy flowing down their cheeks.

By then J Gateway residences will be over looking Jurong lake district with a new theme parks and fireworks will tears of joy flowing down their cheeks.
    My projection for J Gateway is that prices will remain flat in the next 5 years as other areas play catch up. This catch up will be all the way from Jurong to Pasir Ris ...

Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 has a lot of implications for PCs in Clementi, BV, Queenstown, Ang Shua, Lower Delta, River Valley.

Until you see Cosmopolitan selling at $3,500, I think upside in J Gateway is limited to 5-10% in the next 5 years. Citeris paribus.

But that's just an Office Boy's thoughts ...

DKSG

My projection for J Gateway is that prices will remain flat in the next 5 years as other areas play catch up. This catch up will be all the way from Jurong to Pasir Ris ...

Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 has a lot of implications for PCs in Clementi, BV, Queenstown, Ang Shua, Lower Delta, River Valley.

Until you see Cosmopolitan selling at $3,500, I think upside in J Gateway is limited to 5-10% in the next 5 years. Citeris paribus.

But that's just an Office Boy's thoughts ...

DKSG

My exact sentiments.

RCR will have more upside.

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2
    My exact sentiments.

RCR will have more upside.

Just a tip for those hardworking forumers reading this ...

If u find anything that is FH selling for $1,800 or below between Jurong and River Valley ... Dont tu liao ... Just buy ... Even need to use father mother brother sister name ... Just buy ... The wave is coming ...

DKSG

Your statement may need to be corrected to:
    "By then J Gateway residences will be over looking Jurong lake district with a new theme parks and fireworks with tears flowing down their cheeks because all those frills cannot make up for the big hole in their pockets & they have to work until they die to pay off their mortgage."

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Your statement may need to be corrected to:
    "By then J Gateway residences will be over looking Jurong lake district with a new theme parks and fireworks with tears flowing down their cheeks because all those frills cannot make up for the big hole in their pockets & they have to work until they die to pay off their mortgage."

Frills?

Those aint frills or eye candy either, these are commercially viable development that has already attracted billions investment dollar from both government and private sector into JLD. What we have seen at J Gateway today is only tip of the iceberg and J Gateway is going to be most iconic residential project within the JLD development.

In Jurong industrial, there are over 3000 MNC companies and these are all brick and mortar businesses employing thousand and thousands of PMETs who needs to commute from all parts of Singapore into Jurong.

As JLD gets more developed, more and more people will starts to think about living west. By then, you would have already missed the boat.

"Iconic project" pay iconic n out of the world pricing.

I got nothing against JLD seriously, only problem is with ppl using JLD to justify j gateway's absurd pricing, especially agents.

out of this world price is relative to what you are comparing to.

Compare to JB, everything in Singapore is out of this world.
    Compare to HK, everywhere is cheap.

So Regulators, what exactly are you comparing to?

Btw, I remember you were saying J Gateway property is about $500 to 700psf more expensive than surrounding condo. May I know which condos are you referring to?