Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smart investor buy resale??

Nice showflats n courteous agents ....but pay $500-700psf higher than surrounding resale projects
    Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    Honestly, when one looks at the high psf of the new launches, his first response would be "rather go for the resale market". When he really searches the resale market for a while, he will probably change his mind in an angry mood.

1. There are very few good resale units in the market.You must have to view a lot of units before you find a good deal. So, you must have time, and you must have patience.

2. Most resale owners are even more greedy than the developers. Their funny asking price will make you mad.

3 The agents for resale units seem to be more "arrogant" than those for new launches.

4. For new launches, at least you will see the nice show room. For some resale units, you will swear you will never look at this project again after you view a unit.

You must believe a lot in history, why don't you pick a stock that is trending upwards for the past two years n dump all your money in it, hoping it will follow the same trend?? U like studying charts so much you should invest in stocks n not pty

Maybe people here would be interested to know how your tiny 400sqft dog box at j gateway would perform on TOP. You got projected gain to show us in a graph?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    please focus on the real stuffs and stop all the other small talks.
    Please show us me your excel spreadsheet.

$294K profit from a $780K property in the next 4 years, that will mean a yield of 9.4% annually. What stuffs are you smoking?

As for MK88, yes the capital appreciation has been pathetic and so it its rental as compared to properties in ulu jurong. And there is nothing you could do to change the history

And btw, the Waterford Residence which you highly recommended, someone just sold a unit at a loss

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    With this 17yr old 3 bedder leasehold, my rental yield is 5.4% since 2010 n cap appreciation is 20% a year for the past two years. Will probably sell when i reach my profit target, you should have listened to me back in 2010 when i opened a thread to advise people to buy hor. What a pity $800k now can only get u a dog box
    Hey, what do you keep flip flopping in this forum? For awhile you are recommending that I buy MK88 district 9, FH, near MRT, with crappy rental and capital appreciation, now you are glorifying ulu bukit batok, LH99, 17 years old, no MRT?

Again, please dont count your egg before it hatch. If you havent sell your property, dont count on the profit.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You must believe a lot in history, why don't you pick a stock that is trending upwards for the past two years n dump all your money in it, hoping it will follow the same trend?? U like studying charts so much you should invest in stocks n not pty

Maybe people here would be interested to know how your tiny 400sqft dog box at j gateway would perform on TOP. You got projected gain to show us in a graph?
    Please dont get distracted and be focus.

I am still waiting for your spreadsheet to show us how to generate $294,000 PROFIT from buying a MK88 1 bedder in 4 years.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Lol..who is the one that keeps bringing up regent heights first, u r jealous i am getting more than 5% rental yield n achieving more than 20% capital appreciation per year in the past two years with no mrt beside? As for recommending you to buy regent heights, i wouldn't now coz i know you can't afford
    Hey, what do you keep flip flopping in this forum? For awhile you are recommending that I buy MK88 district 9, FH, near MRT, with crappy rental and capital appreciation, now you are glorifying ulu bukit batok, LH99, 17 years old, no MRT?

Again, please dont count your egg before it hatch. If you havent sell your property, dont count on the profit.
    Last edited by Regulators; 02-07-13 at 14:56.

Isn't it ironic how someone in this thread was all for CCR a year ago and even mentioned how one of his favourites was those around little india mrt?

This is what he was singing about 1 year ago in May/June 2012 :

I like you interpretation. For conservative investors, just pay a little bit more to get a CCR MM or 1 bedder. One of my favorite are those around little india mrt.
    I think the idea of investing in CCR is very tempting, however with a $1m budget, what you can get in CCR will be all the left over crumbs, so when there is a over supply in the market, it might be very challenging for you to find tenants.

If you want to play safe, try to get something that is at least 2 bedders instead of a studio or 1 bedder. with 2 bedders you could possible rent to single or someone with a small family.
    Nuff said....

Can TS please explain his statements below which was made late last year especially the last part of statement 2:

1) I agree that resale property will be affected, BUT only to those which offer lousy rental yield. I believe that property with yield of say >4% will be on the radar for investors affected by the new CM.

2) New launches might not be affected for NOW, but the tsunami will come in 3 years time when the full loans kicks in. Perhaps that will be the best time to pick up real firesale? in 2016?
    Whilst you are at it, can you also reconcile the statements below especially the part in bold below

dont waste time lah. If you want to buy, dont just buy CCR, buy central region if you are looking for older projects, which has lesser restriction.
    uncompleted properties are very dependent on the projects which developers are launching, this is especially volatile in CCR region because psf price could range from >4000psf to <1500psf.
    A better indicator will be the completed project because it takes into account the average involving the full spectrum of property segment within the region.
    And yes, CCR should be the hot sector in 2013 due to the narrowing gap between CCR and OCR property
    Last edited by proper-t; 02-07-13 at 15:18.

Lol..who is the one that keeps bringing up regent heights first, u r jealous i am getting more than 5% rental yield n achieving more than 20% capital appreciation per year in the past two years with no mrt beside? As for recommending you to buy regent heights, i wouldn't now coz i know you can't afford

It interesting that you are crediting your own investment while criticizing other LH projects in Jurong Area. And at the same time keep bragging about MK88 when we all know that is perhaps the lousiest 1 bedder project in the whole of district 9, where its rental is almost on par with ulu Jurong condo call Caspian, which is the only project in Jurong that has got a MM 1 bedder.

But then again, we should always give you the benefit of doubt, hence can you please show us your "investor spreadsheet" to teach us how to generate $294,000 PROFIT in 4 years by investing in a $780K 1 bedder unit at MK88.

Yes, spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Isn't it ironic how someone in this thread was all for CCR a year ago and even mentioned how one of his favourites was those around little india mrt?

This is what he was singing about 1 year ago in May/June 2012 :

Nuff said....
    MK88 is not the only development around LITTLE INDIA.

A Little Knowledge is Dangerous, so please THINK before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Can TS please explain his statements below which was made late last year especially the last part of statement 2:

Whilst you are at it, can you also reconcile the statements below especially the part in bold below
    please read my signature.

If you can't read simple English, go back to school. Did i say $294k nett? Did i say invest in $780k one bedder at mk88??

Face it, you are just jealous i am making money from my LH pty in district 23 n u havent.
    It interesting that you are crediting your own investment while criticizing other LH projects in Jurong Area. And at the same time keep bragging about MK88 when we all know that is perhaps the lousiest 1 bedder project in the whole of district 9, where its rental is almost on par with ulu Jurong condo call Caspian, which is the only project in Jurong that has got a MM 1 bedder.

But then again, we should always give you the benefit of doubt, hence can you please show us your "investor spreadsheet" to teach us how to generate $294,000 PROFIT in 4 years by investing in a $780K 1 bedder unit at MK88.

Yes, spreadsheet

If you can't read simple English, go back to school. Did i say $294k nett? Did i say invest in $780k one bedder at mk88??

Face it, you are just jealous i am making money from my LH pty in district 23 n u havent.
    This is what you wrote and I didnt say anything about nett or gross either. Are you panicking or what? how come suddenly not so bullish about your big profit projection.

Anyway, just show us your spreadsheet. Nett or gross doesnt matter as long as you can CASH OUT $294,000 in 4 years.

mackenzie 88 capital appreciation low??? What rubbish are you sprouting? M88 has gone up by $600-800psf and you call that low? As mentioned, anyone purchasing a one bedder at m88 now would be faring much better than ur tiny dog box in j gateway coz by the time u collect the keys to ur dog box, the m88 new owner would already have earned rental income of $3000 x 48 = $144000. That is just the side dish. From now till j gateway TOP, there will be another spike in price for all condos in singapore as goonies like you would have helped the general property market move up a notch. When m88 increases by another $300psf before you get the keys to your dog box, the m88 owner would have cashed out with $144k + $150k = $294k gross while goonies like u will still be dreaming about ur set of keys to the dog box. This is a classic example of what it means by a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

We are all still waiting for you to explain your statement (2) below since it is relevant to title of the thread.

Can you let readers here know what is your view on buyers of new launches. What/who are the the 'Tsunami' and 'firesales' directed at?

1) I agree that resale property will be affected, BUT only to those which offer lousy rental yield. I believe that property with yield of say >4% will be on the radar for investors affected by the new CM.

2) New launches might not be affected for NOW, but the tsunami will come in 3 years time when the full loans kicks in. Perhaps that will be the best time to pick up real firesale? in 2016?

Actually hor, based on past transaction of neighboring project for 500sqft plus one bedder the estimate should be $3xxk cash return n not $294k. Parc emily one bedder transacting at $1100000 now so i take this to be mk88 selling price four years later for similar sized unit. Factor in $3k a month rental for 4 years brings the gross to $39xk before factoring in expenses. After outgoings of interest n maintenance etc, cash returns is more than $300k.

There is strong backing for transacted px in the area to support my projection , u have any transacted px history in jurong to back ur 400sqft dog box reaching $1 million n above?? Lol

This is what you wrote and I didnt say anything about nett or gross either. Are you panicking or what? how come suddenly not so bullish about your big profit projection.

Anyway, just show us your spreadsheet. Nett or gross doesnt matter as long as you can CASH OUT $294,000 in 4 years.

Actually hor, based on past transaction of neighboring project for 500sqft plus one bedder the estimate should be $3xxk cash return n not $294k. Parc emily one bedder transacting at $1100000 now so i take this to be mk88 selling price four years later for similar sized unit. Factor in $3k a month rental for 4 years brings the gross to $39xk before factoring in expenses. After outgoings of interest n maintenance etc, cash returns is more than $300k.

There is strong backing for transacted px in the area to support my projection , u have any transacted px history in jurong to back ur 400sqft dog box reaching $1 million n above?? Lol
    As I said before for the sake of parc emily owner, please dont compare MK88 to Parc Emily. Parc Emily has got 50m lap pool, kids pool, playground, full size gym, sauna, tennis court, pool side BBQ Pit, located right next to Mount Emily Park, away from busy bukit timah and rochor road. , and they even got more than enough parking for owner who wish to own 3 cars. Plus Parc Emily is located INSIDE CBD, unlike MK88, who is on the outside of CBD, and with the 1 way Mackenzie road, every time you need to drive to city, you have to make one big loop and pay ERP again.

I hope you see the different, or else some Tekka market HDB owner will start comparing their property to MK88.

So where is your spreadsheet to show us how to cash out $294,000 from investing in MK88?

I m not comparing parc emily to mk88, i am using PE pricing now to project m88 pricing 4 years later. Just admit it, u have made a lousy choice buying ur jurong dog box
    As I said before for the sake of parc emily owner, please dont compare MK88 to Parc Emily. Parc Emily has got 50m lap pool, kids pool, playground, full size gym, sauna, tennis court, pool side BBQ Pit, located right next to Mount Emily Park, away from busy bukit timah and rochor road. , and they even got more than enough parking for owner who wish to own 3 cars. Plus Parc Emily is located INSIDE CBD, unlike MK88, who is on the outside of CBD, and with the 1 way Mackenzie road, every time you need to drive to city, you have to make one big loop and pay ERP again.

I hope you see the different, or else some Tekka market HDB owner will start comparing their property to MK88.

So where is your spreadsheet to show us how to cash out $294,000 from investing in MK88?

I m not comparing parc emily to mk88, i am using PE pricing now to project m88 pricing 4 years later. Just admit it, u have made a lousy choice buying ur jurong dog box
    You are using PE pricing to project MK88 pricing? Get a life lah.

Are you also going to tell us that if you buy an apartment next to a supermodel, in no time you will also become handsome like super model?

I am making a reasonable projection coz PE would have moved up in price four years from now. What have you projected for your 400sqft j gateway so far rather than just screaming JLD every other day in this forum?? You got no 400sqft unit in jurong selling at $1 million so you got nothing to project right?? You like looking at evidence so show us evidence if there is a neighbouring condo selling their 400sqft one bedder at $1million
    You are using PE pricing to project MK88 pricing? Get a life lah.

Are you also going to tell us that if you buy an apartment next to a supermodel, in no time you will also become handsome like super model?

I am making a reasonable projection coz PE would have moved up in price four years from now. What have you projected for your 400sqft j gateway so far rather than just screaming JLD every other day in this forum?? You got no 400sqft unit in jurong selling at $1 million so you got nothing to project right?? You like looking at evidence so show us evidence if there is a neighbouring condo selling their 400sqft one bedder at $1million
    Please get your facts right, that this no such thing as 400sqft unit at J Gateway, the smallest unit is 474sqft, so I am not sure what crap you talking about.

And again, please stop comparing MK88 to PE, its a totally different product.

Again, where is your spreadsheet?

My projection increase to $3xxk liao , think you are outdated.
    400 or 475sqft no difference to me still a dog box. Where is your projection ah??? Any past transaction nearby to support your price increase to $1 million. Otherwise please admit defeat
    Please get your facts right, that this no such thing as 400sqft unit at J Gateway, the smallest unit is 474sqft, so I am not sure what crap you talking about.

And again, please stop comparing MK88 to PE, its a totally different product.

Again, where is your spreadsheet?

Previously, I was wondering whether you are right or Ringo is right. now I know you are wrong.

Parc Emily is older than M88 yet it sells much higher. Buyers are not stupid to ignore it. There must be a reason. I am not familiar with the area. But I know if today M88 is cheaper than Parc Emily, it will be always cheaper.

Besides, you can project M88 to future, why not J_gateway be projected in a similar way? furthermore, M88 will encounter more competition than J-gateway.

J gateway will spearhead i ln terms of price.. Coz there is no other nearby residential projects. Any nearby development will only increase its price.
    Frankly, regulator is right on the first 4 years becoz rental is collected.. But ringo maybe right after 4 years becoz I can imagine the future potential when all the offices are ready and lakeside are formed.

ehhh, u all not tired ah?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    ehhh, u all not tired ah?
    actually hor...quite interesting.! Lots of info/view given from them.
    Please do not stop there!

Previously, I was wondering whether you are right or Ringo is right. now I know you are wrong.

Parc Emily is older than M88 yet it sells much higher. Buyers are not stupid to ignore it. There must be a reason. I am not familiar with the area. But I know if today M88 is cheaper than Parc Emily, it will be always cheaper.

Besides, you can project M88 to future, why not J_gateway be projected in a similar way? furthermore, M88 will encounter more competition than J-gateway.
    Go there n take a look, you will understand why Parc E is selling higher than M88. (especially on Fri/sat nite)

Huh?? Did i say mk88 will overtake parc emily in pricing?? I project mk88 based on past transacted price of pty in the same area, j gateway is selling at the highest in jurong at unheard of pxs in the area so nothing to project n nothing to support that px increase.

Default better to collect rental first

if the rationale to buy a unit from plan is lower commitment in the beginning, then i dont he/she should buy.

Office Boy can share a closely guarded secret with you all since you all argue until this time of the day (ie cows come home and sleep already).

Theory of Price Elasticity in Property Investment

For new launches, prices are elastic upwards and inelastic downwards.
    For completed developments, prices are elastic upwards based on its historical prices and inelastic based on the development's surrounding developments.

For J Gateway, everyone bought at the same price, mostly people won't want to sell at a loss one. This theory, I think you all all can understand right?

For Little India, if you buy now there will always other owners who can sell lower than you and yet make a profit. The only exception is when the M88 is trading at unusually steep discount due to Black Swan seller ... But these sellers are hard to find.

Personally I don't see much potential in M88 area ... Viewed a few units there before ... Looks sad ...

Just my humble Office Boy opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Office Boy can share a closely guarded secret with you all since you all argue until this time of the day (ie cows come home and sleep already).

Theory of Price Elasticity in Property Investment

For new launches, prices are elastic upwards and inelastic downwards.
    For completed developments, prices are elastic upwards based on its historical prices and inelastic based on the development's surrounding developments.

For J Gateway, everyone bought at the same price, mostly people won't want to sell at a loss one. This theory, I think you all all can understand right?

For Little India, if you buy now there will always other owners who can sell lower than you and yet make a profit. The only exception is when the M88 is trading at unusually steep discount due to Black Swan seller ... But these sellers are hard to find.

Agree on this only if there is no recession or spike up in interest rates... If interest rate increases, landlord will not be ale to pass on the cost to tenants if high vacancy levels still persist in Singapore when J Gateway TOPs

With the penalty of selling before 4 years, what do you think owners will do for new developments? Buildings under construction have another advantage because loan is dispensed in stages. By then much of the fanfare will be in steady stead. Human beings are impressed by when they can see. What do you think? Of course it will be a different state of mind for investors wanting instant returns.
    So there is no right and wrong. It's just who you are at this moment and what you value more.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 03-07-13 at 01:02.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?