Thread: Dual Keys Landed Property

Default Dual Keys Landed Property

Is that legally possible?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

Think have to pay development charges for the new gfa from ur baseline plot ratio. Can write in to ura to ask .

no, each landed only allow 1 kitchen.
    so dual key is definitely out.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    dual keys nid not necc means 2 kitchen wat ....

Is there a bylaw that specifically said so? I have certainly built one with 2 kitchens.

Dual-keys is of course architecturally possible, even taking into account a common access to a HS. In Britain, you could find dual-keys, triple-keys etc design easily for a terraced. In Singapore, a landed built for rental market is somewhat untested, in term of URA approval.

Cheers!

Many landed owners are already letting out one level or one room in the back with own entrance with own toilet to expats who never cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Is there a bylaw that specifically said so? I have certainly built one with 2 kitchens.

Dual-keys is of course architecturally possible, even taking into account a common access to a HS. In Britain, you could find dual-keys, triple-keys etc design easily for a terraced. In Singapore, a landed built for rental market is somewhat untested, in term of URA approval.

Cheers!
    sorry, i didn't expect my answer to be taken seriously.
    it was an idiotic answer to an equally idiotic question.

sorry, i didn't expect my answer to be taken seriously.
    it was an idiotic answer to an equally idiotic question.

Why is dual key landed idiotic?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Why is dual key landed idiotic?
    do you need even to ask "Is that legally possible?"

next, there will another thread "is loft landed legally possible?"
    down the road, another thread "is SOHO landed legally possible?"
    "is maisonette landed legally possible?"
    "is penthouse landed legally possible?"

an interesting question though:
    "is below 500sqft landed in a restricted zone like Telok Kurau legally possible?"

"is below 500sqft landed in a restricted zone like Telok Kurau legally possible?"
    answer my qn:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/atta...tach-dlhap.htm
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...sing-dchbr.pdf
    minimum plot size is 80sqm.

do you need even to ask "Is that legally possible?"

next, there will another thread "is loft landed legally possible?"
    down the road, another thread "is SOHO landed legally possible?"
    "is maisonette landed legally possible?"
    "is penthouse landed legally possible?"

Yes, I am asking if it is legally possible to have a dual key landed property where there is a partition to split the unit into 2 because there are restriction under the building code.

If you dont know the answer, you can always avoid commenting instead of saying this is a idiotic question.

Yes, if you like talking to yourself, please start a new thread.

Yes, I am asking if it is legally possible to have a dual key landed property where there is a partition to split the unit into 2 because there are restriction under the building code.

If you dont know the answer, you can always avoid commenting instead of saying this is a idiotic question.
    another fight fest
    perhaps you can give the links to the restrictions in the building code?
    you stated you like to talk facts and not opinions in another thread.

Cheers!
    Found this one.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...cept-must-view

another fight fest
    perhaps you can give the links to the restrictions in the building code?
    you stated you like to talk facts and not opinions in another thread.

Yes, please tell me why is my question idiotic?

Yes, please tell me why is my question idiotic?

because no need to google, can guess the answer already.
    there must be some restrictions in the building code that make you ask the question. please provide the link to the restrictions in the building code.

we can study together and debate on the restrictions.
    if some of the restrictions can give doubts, then i will apologise for shooting my mouth.

now can you provide the links for people to study?
    and highlight which sections are giving you doubts on the legality of DK landed.

Found this dual key layout.

Is there a restriction on having a kitchen on the 2nd floor?

because no need to google, can guess the answer already.
    there must be some restrictions in the building code that make you ask the question. please provide the link to the restrictions in the building code.

we can study together and debate on the restrictions.
    if some of the restrictions can give doubts, then i will apologise for shooting my mouth.

now can you provide the links for people to study?
    and highlight which sections are giving you doubts on the legality of DK landed.

obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. So please stop acting like you know something.

obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. So please stop acting like you know something.
    didnt i say i GUESS?
    didnt i say it is an IDIOTIC answer to an equally IDIOTIC question.
    isn't it obvious i am an IDIOT and doesnt have a clue to what i am talking about?

you really dont follow your signature.
    ""Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

you like to ask people to provide facts. but when you are asked to provide, you cannot? .

Found this dual key layout.

Is there a restriction on having a kitchen on the 2nd floor?

Maybe you could start by clarifying where you are coming from?

By definition, dual-keys means a housing unit with a common foyer but an occupant of one sub-unit would access to it, without trespassing another sub-unit.

If you are buying an existing landed, and modifying it so that there is a common foyer to 1st storey, 2nd storey etc, and then add kitchen(s) to the upper storeys, I couldn't see why not. Except where the existing landed has a HS, then it would be a violation of SCDF regulation as the upper storeys' occupants have no access to the HS in time of need.

If you are tearing down an old landed, constructing a new dwelling with dual- or triple-keys architecture, then this is where I suspect that URA would invite you and your architect to have a coffee first. If this new dwelling is for a related family, then I suspect that an acceptance is higher. If the new dwelling is for rental, for example, you stay at the 1st storey while renting out the rest, then I suspect that the Building Plan would be rejected. Take note that I am speculating here on the probable outcomes.

Whether you are modifying a landed, or constructing a new one, for rental, the maximum number of occupants is 8.

Cheers!

By definition, dual-keys means a housing unit with a common foyer but an occupant of one sub-unit would access to it, without trespassing another sub-unit.

If you are buying an existing landed, and modifying it so that there is a common foyer to 1st storey, 2nd storey etc, and then add kitchen(s) to the upper storeys, I couldn't see why not. Except where the existing landed has a HS, then it would be a violation of SCDF regulation as the upper storeys' occupants have no access to the HS in time of need.

If you are tearing down an old landed, constructing a new dwelling with dual- or triple-keys architecture, then this is where I suspect that URA would invite you and your architect to have a coffee first. If this new dwelling is for a related family, then I suspect that an acceptance is higher. If the new dwelling is for rental, for example, you stay at the 1st storey while renting out the rest, then I suspect that the Building Plan would be rejected. Take note that I am speculating here on the probable outcomes.

Whether you are modifying a landed, or constructing a new one, for rental, the maximum number of occupants is 8.

Cheers!
    i would like your opinion on Mountbatten Lodge.
    from conservation status landed become strata titled apartment, <30 units.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...59&postcount=4
    "I was able to fit a four-seater diner, a five-seater sofa, a queen-size bed in a separate bedroom, a huge wardrobe, a spacious bathroom and a kitchen, with more than enough storage and walking space for me."

each apartment have kitchen and toilet.

isnt Mountbatten Lodge like 20+ key landed in a sense?

perhaps mcmlxxvi can provide the floorplans, siteplan for Mountbatten Lodge
    Last edited by hopeful; 19-06-13 at 13:01.

Cheers!
    Maximum number of occupants in a landed house is 8?
    Then yowetan cannot stay with his extended family since there are 9 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    the key word is "for rental". i dont know if for own stay.

Cheers!
    I think dual key will be most applicable to terrace or cluster housing. The concept I have in mind is the same like dual key condo, where the owner can rent out a section maybe the top or bottom floor and keeping a part for own stay.

The layout I posted is just to show the possibility when you have separate entrances.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    The limit is if the landed is for rental.

There is no stated limit for an extended family.

Cheers!

I think dual key will be most applicable to terrace or cluster housing. The concept I have in mind is the same like dual key condo, where the owner can rent out a section maybe the top or bottom floor and keeping a part for own stay.

The layout I posted is just to show the possibility when you have separate entrances.
    can a terrace be designed like a shophouse, common staircase, leading to each individual units (complete with kitchen, br, toilet, etc) occupying an entire floor.

i would like your opinion on Mountbatten Lodge.
    from conservation status landed become strata titled apartment, <30 units.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...59&postcount=4
    "I was able to fit a four-seater diner, a five-seater sofa, a queen-size bed in a separate bedroom, a huge wardrobe, a spacious bathroom and a kitchen, with more than enough storage and walking space for me."

each apartment have kitchen and toilet.

isnt Mountbatten Lodge like 20+ key landed in a sense?

perhaps mcmlxxvi can provide the floorplans, siteplan for Mountbatten Lodge
    We would have to trace the history of the building, what was it used for previously. And also the zoning evolution taken place in the area.

A building attained the conservation status because the planner, URA, would like to retain its original facade because it has a significant historical background, that is important for future generation when relating to the heritage of an area.

But by doing so, in making a building conserved, often it limits the pool of buyers drastically. Because it is costlier to maintain a heritage building. So sometime the planner would give greater allowance in term of what it could be used for, subject to consistency with the master plan for the area. For example, Mountbatten Lodge could be converted to a restaurant if a developer sees the potential, with the planner approval.

Cheers!

I got see the house. It's at district 15, joo chiat area.

The 1st floor is a self-contained unit.
    There is a stairways outside the 1st floor unit(with a door) that leads to the 2nd floor (ie, 1st floor has no access to the stairways.).

It was callling for $2.5... then becomes 2.8..then becomes 3..
    Ii think it's still being marketed.. The usual mickey mouse landed with good built-up.

can a terrace be designed like a shophouse, common staircase, leading to each individual units (complete with kitchen, br, toilet, etc) occupying an entire floor.
    (Here is the reply from URA. It appears that it is not allowed, for rental or not.)

Dear Mr ....,
    The proposal described in your email is akin to a flat development and cannot be allowed in an area that is safeguarded for landed housing.
    If the area is not safeguarded for landed housing, please note that the minimum plot size requirement for a flat development is 1000 sqm.
    If you need clarification, please call our enquiry line @ 6223 4811.
    Regards
    Ho Kie Hock
    Information & Customer Service Department
    Development Control Group
    “SAVE PAPER - THINK GREEN BEFORE YOU PRINT”
    Ho Kie Hock (何棋福) ๓ Higher Information Administrator ๓ Urban Redevelopment Authority ๓ Development Control Group, Info & Customer Services ๓ Tel +:65 6223-4811 ๓ Fax: +65 2274772
    Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error
    It is acceptable to buy a landed property, tear down the original dwelling, construct a new dwelling with architecture suitable for rental market?
    Such as having:
    - Seperate access key to each floor, from a common staircase,
    - Kitchen at each floor.
    Thank you.

Thank you for taking the trouble to ask URA.

The answer from the URA doesnt clear up the air.

i think quite a number of shophouse use for residential also. that should be easy to convert to multi-key residential units.
    i dont know whether how is terrace landed different from shophouse landed.

just a quick google for Conservation residential shophouse for rent
    http://www.olx.com.sg/conservation-s...-iid-480455199
    Last edited by hopeful; 21-06-13 at 15:47.