Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can park bicycle in parking lot to 'chop' place if no car?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy
    Is this allowed?
    ..you need to register your car as as a owner in the condo with your car log card ....for carpark privilege....so technically a bicycle cannot be registered as there is no official registry for bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I was given the parking summon for parking at single white line because there was no available parking space which were used up by dustbins, cones, etc.
    Obviously these are ugly landed property owners' behaviour. I'm quite surprised that LTA is not clamping down on such practices. If you stay in HDB or (many) condos, you have to pay for the extra parking lot, but if you stay in landed, the entire stretch is free for you to park and you can even reserve "your" favorite parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Obviously these are ugly landed property owners' behaviour. I'm quite surprised that LTA is not clamping down on such practices. If you stay in HDB or (many) condos, you have to pay for the extra parking lot, but if you stay in landed, the entire stretch is free for you to park and you can even reserve "your" favorite parking lot.
    Good thing I was adamant of my constraints and wrote in to URA with photos to explain that I should not be fined for my offense because there is a more fundamental problem they are not addressing. In the end, my fine was waived. However, I do not see any improvement to such situations. Frankly, who will police this effort? Traffic Police or parking warden from URA/HDB? There is no designated office to look into this. Only upon receiving complaints will the traffic police be activated. Hmmm...

Is this okay?

this is definitely wrong

cos the landed owner there DONT pay for the space across their house ...

if I was LTA .. I will issue summon tickets to the owner of the stools

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    this is definitely wrong

ok you call LTA.
    i call NEA for illegal dumping, ie improper disposal of plastic waste.
    i need somebody to call the tv station to record the ensuing quarrels with neighbours when i attempt to bring the free stools back to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    ok you call LTA.
    i call NEA for illegal dumping, ie improper disposal of plastic waste.
    i need somebody to call the tv station to record the ensuing quarrels with neighbours when i attempt to bring the free stools back to my house.
    Interesting....People is seemed more interested to know who to be blame when we are ended with anti-social/inconsiderate neighbours...

Btw.... if you think reserving those spaces are disturbing to you, then you may consider to move those chairs away....who can issue you summon for this act right? If it is public space, then it should be shared with all rightfully.
    Last edited by wsx123; 14-06-13 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by wsx123
    Interesting....People is seemed more interested to know who to be blame when we are ended with anti-social/inconsiderate neighbours...

Btw.... if you think reserving those spaces are disturbing to you, then you may consider to move it away....who can issue you summon for this act right? If it is public space, then it should be shared with all rightfully.

the problem here is that for most singaporeans ... if you put a bin to chope a spot ..and your neighbor moves it away ... you will almost immediately jump at your neighbor ...

but if the govt steps in and remove the bin and issue you with a warning ... you will most likely 'accept' it ...

Btw.... if you think reserving those spaces are disturbing to you, then you may consider to move those chairs away....who can issue you summon for this act right? If it is public space, then it should be shared with all rightfully.
    Here's my point. While we think that it is perfectly ok and legitimate to remove the stools coz its public space, much to the disapproval of those landed house owners, I am more concerned about the damage my car might sustain if I use those lots. Even with CCTV, these hooligans can still scratch your car in a face mask, etc... The best is report to the authorities and fine them jialat jialat coz they won't know who did it...

the problem here is that for most singaporeans ... if you put a bin to chope a spot ..and your neighbor moves it away ... you will almost immediately jump at your neighbor ...

but if the govt steps in and remove the bin and issue you with a warning ... you will most likely 'accept' it ...
    Interesting point... stretching a little further, if the argument is that these people should not use bins/chairs, etc to reserve the parking lots coz they will use it later in the day, what about those people who leave tissue packs at hawker centres while they go away to buy food coz they will use the space when they return with their food? Is one more 'illegal' than the other? What do you think?

In the context of the thread title, if I park my bicycle at the parking lot, is it considered as any bins or chairs which should not be there? Lol... I certainly think so...

i) if you put a bin to chope a spot ..and your neighbor moves it away ... you will almost immediately jump at your neighbor ...

ii)but if the govt steps in and remove the bin and issue you with a warning ... you will most likely 'accept' it ...
    i) If they move my bin, I cannot not jump at them coz it a public space. But if they destroy my bin or threaten me, then I will call police.

ii) If govt issue me a summon, I will clarify for which rule/law broken.

i) If they move my bin, I cannot not jump at them coz it a public space. But if they destroy my bin or threaten me, then I will call police.

ii) If govt issue me a summon, I will clarify for which rule/law broken.
    Before we resort to legal discussion, let's look at civic behaviour.

Before we resort to legal discussion, let's look at civic behaviour.
    We all live in a small world, all were well taught/informed of the importance of sharing.
    Have to admit, you can’t choose your neighbor, but lucky you can choose where to stay, or give in/tolerate.
    If there are some laws that punish inconsiderate behavior, good or bad, it is still a debatable subject.

We all live in a small world, all were well taught/informed of the importance of sharing.
    Have to admit, you can’t choose your neighbor, but lucky you can choose where to stay, or give in/tolerate.
    If there are some laws that punish inconsiderate behavior, good or bad, it is still a debatable subject.
    Reserving a public place with a chair or bin for the purpose of parking own car without paying for the use of the space when most other people are doing so is not really sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Interesting point... stretching a little further, if the argument is that these people should not use bins/chairs, etc to reserve the parking lots coz they will use it later in the day, what about those people who leave tissue packs at hawker centres while they go away to buy food coz they will use the space when they return with their food? Is one more 'illegal' than the other? What do you think?
    that is a good example.
    if and only if the whole table is empty (no person sitting) and only tissue packs, my colleagues and i will sit down with our food.
    when the person come back, i will tell them i thought people forget and leave their tissue packs there.
    got one time, i was caught using the tissue pack to wipe my mouth .
    be a bit more thick skinned, wtf can they do to you?

i only dare if the whole table is empty, if got 1 person sitting, then i will move look for other tables.

Reserving a public place with a chair or bin for the purpose of parking own car without paying for the use of the space when most other people are doing so is not really sharing.
    Agreed. No one should have his right to reserve public spaces.
    If it is public, we all share without the mentality of owning it or even having some priority using it. . Including those "high ranking officials"...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    got one time, i was caught using the tissue pack to wipe my mouth .
    be a bit more thick skinned, wtf can they do to you?
    Next time try telling them "Nowadays food court is so nice. Provide free tissue paper."

people also very nice, provide you free plastic chair to sit when the weather is hot.

this is definitely wrong

If LTA wants to issue summon tickets, no body will claim owner of the chairs. Cheaper to throw away the chairs then pay fines.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    If LTA wants to issue summon tickets, no body will claim owner of the chairs. Cheaper to throw away the chairs then pay fines.
    Hide a video cam in the car in front or behind. Film the owner removing the chairs and parking his/her car into the 'reserved' lot. There.... u got indisputable evidence.