Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can park bicycle in parking lot to 'chop' place if no car?

Default Can park bicycle in parking lot to 'chop' place if no car?

yesterday I view one project then I went to the car park saw one bicycle in parking lot..then I ask the owne...the owner say cos that guy(bicycle owner) no car so he use bicycle to 'chop' parking lot..can like that?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46
    yesterday I view one project then I went to the car park saw one bicycle in parking lot..then I ask the owne...the owner say cos that guy(bicycle owner) no car so he use bicycle to 'chop' parking lot..can like that?

must be Singaporean right ?

he will argue that it is his entitlement to a lot ..

in my condo .. I know 1 family has a motorbike and a car..

he parks his car slight out ..and park his bike behind the car ..

so far no one complain

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

so far no one complain
    don't know..should be..but if u use bicycle to occupy parking lot..the MC allow?

And if that owner no washing machine how? Make a guess...
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    And if that owner no washing machine how? Make a guess...
    use swimming pool to wash clothes

It is legitimate if number of units = number parking lots. Unless the MC can GUARANTEE that the owner will ALWAYS have 1 lot available ANYTIME he needs it.

so far no one complain
    Kiasu (Chinese: 驚輸; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: kiaⁿ-su) is a Hokkien word that literally means 'fear of losing' (Vernacular Chinese: 怕输). However its actual usage would imply a meaning more approaching that of "dog in a manger", and yet not quite (Landon Mossburg). Examples of kiasu behaviour includes accumulating too much food on one's plate during a buffet lunch in case there is no more food later or joining a queue many days in advance just to ensure that one successfully gets hold of the limited free tickets to events, promotions and shows such as Singapore's annual National Day Parade.

we are singapore
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

so far no one complain
    This one more kiasu or the family that owns two car and occupy two lots is more kiasu and horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    This one more kiasu or the family that owns two car and occupy two lots is more kiasu and horrible?
    Owning 2 cars and parking them in the lots is not kiasu... its more chao kuan if the owner does not have permission from MC to do so. Coming back to the issue... I think bicycles are not meant for the parking lots. He cannot leave the bicycle there. MC by laws should cover this, right?

Are there provision for Motorbikes lot in condos?

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    Are there provision for Motorbikes lot in condos?
    I believe most if not all condos in Singapore must have provisions for Motobikes lots...

is this cluster where the parking is in front of his unit? if not, isn't it non designated lot and can't you just move the bicycle one side and park into the lot? Anyway, there should be bicycle bays for them to park no?

If no one complain, ok la.

But if many people complain, then go to AGM, the other owners can vote and ban the owner from parking his bicycle there. Don't forget, condo is shared. The bigger your share, the more power you have. Same like corporate.

Worst case scenario, they can force you to sell your unit by court order.

whats the average rental rate of a parking lot to another home owner if the family does not own a car?

Is this okay?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Is this okay?

...they should get sticker lady to help them imprint their grandfathers' name on the road......

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Kiasu (Chinese: 驚輸; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: kiaⁿ-su) is a Hokkien word that literally means 'fear of losing' (Vernacular Chinese: 怕输). However its actual usage would imply a meaning more approaching that of "dog in a manger", and yet not quite (Landon Mossburg). Examples of kiasu behaviour includes accumulating too much food on one's plate during a buffet lunch in case there is no more food later or joining a queue many days in advance just to ensure that one successfully gets hold of the limited free tickets to events, promotions and shows such as Singapore's annual National Day Parade.

we are singapore
    PLease Lah !! These kiasu and kiasee traits are not just unique to us. It is common traits and symptomic sigh of all competitive economies on earth .. be it american, koreans, russians, chinese , aussies ...jyou need to be immerse in their culture to see it ..

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I believe most if not all condos in Singapore must have provisions for Motobikes lots...
    Most apartment status will not have space .. sizeable condos can make space but then not many have motorcycle leh .. if motorcycle ..owners paiseh they think they make their condo/apartment more like HDB status leh

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Most apartment status will not have space .. sizeable condos can make space but then not many have motorcycle leh .. if motorcycle ..owners paiseh they think they make their condo/apartment more like HDB status leh
    True but if the bike is Harley, then different lah! Status also quite atas de but super noisy leh... will slowly get complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Is this okay?

I was given the parking summon for parking at single white line because there was no available parking space which were used up by dustbins, cones, etc.

wah piang, must be a singaporean - kiasu mentality

It's a public road. They can place their chairs there and you can move it. The land that belongs to them where you can't park is their own driveway.

horrible

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    It's a public road. They can place their chairs there and you can move it. The land that belongs to them where you can't park is their own driveway.
    Yup.. you can move the cones and then leave your unprotected car there, risking being scratched, etc.. these landed property owners have to strange and weird belief that that stretch of public road belongs to them... once I wanted to park my car outside this landed house and as I was adjusting my car, the house owner came out and asked me to move further away...

You'll move further away after your appt. Haha.

And you can in front of the home owner turn on and fiddle with your 360 degrees spy cam installed in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    You'll move further away after your appt. Haha.

And you can in front of the home owner turn on and fiddle with your 360 degrees spy cam installed in your car.
    That will keep the house owner on his toes... take out your cherry and put it on top of your car as you go for your appointment!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann80
    whats the average rental rate of a parking lot to another home owner if the family does not own a car?
    Is this allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    PLease Lah !! These kiasu and kiasee traits are not just unique to us. It is common traits and symptomic sigh of all competitive economies on earth .. be it american, koreans, russians, chinese , aussies ...jyou need to be immerse in their culture to see it ..
    we should be proud we INVENTED the term kiasu
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy
    Is this allowed?
    Of course not lah!