Thread: Gold or property or equity?

Default Gold or property or equity?

So with the current flavor of the mth being equity. and with foreseeable 2015 easing on the QE.

What would the the strategy? Gold, Property (local or foreign) or Equity?

Seems like equity is the most popular for now. but the saying goes don't follow the herd ?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

One should always have some property and gold.

Keeping more cash is not a bad idea now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    One should always have some property and gold.

Keeping more cash is not a bad idea now.

Now its very hard to find the right decision where to put. equity has ran up. prop is still up gold is on its way down.

While cash is depreciating away too..

Tough searching for yield.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Rosy prob meant gd to keep cash as ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Rosy prob meant gd to keep cash as ammunition

Yes the while parking the cash how right? I guess the rights or 4%-5% divided paying right will be good. but all those also upped.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

any advise as to conservation shophouses? isit better to sell now or keep long long?

Equility is still the best. Cos one can liquidate anytime. Property cannot liqudate

Property have slow a fair bit. Looking at the no. posting in the forum so can tell its quieter scene. I do agree equity still better bet. But more of trading than long hold currently given the run equity have enjoyed so far.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

At this point in time, equities. Else how to make $$$ to pay the ABSD?

I agree with chiaberry, those border line cases will make 30% in stocks (e.g. throw in 200k and get 60k) and then rotate into properties again
    Ride at your own risk !!!

But sigh...this time the amount of cash required to rotate into property is so much higher....desperate times call for desperate measures.....trading of warrants is an option....longer dated warrants where the exercise price is significantly below the NAV...be nimble on your feet and close your positions when you're up. It's not my cup of tea and I don't have time to watch the market but some people are able to do it.

Hi all...I will invest all my savings into Singapore Press Holding tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I agree with chiaberry, those border line cases will make 30% in stocks (e.g. throw in 200k and get 60k) and then rotate into properties again

at current level 30% is not easy feat.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    But sigh...this time the amount of cash required to rotate into property is so much higher....desperate times call for desperate measures.....trading of warrants is an option....longer dated warrants where the exercise price is significantly below the NAV...be nimble on your feet and close your positions when you're up. It's not my cup of tea and I don't have time to watch the market but some people are able to do it.
    do you mind sharing 1 eg on trading warrants. I berry free, but no idea how to do it. otherwise, i will check with the banker but normally i like to do my homework and listen to different opinion, (in case the banker bluff me lah, but normally they are quite professional).

Ok, i google and manage to understand the derivatives instrument. almost same as ELN lah..think i am not experienced yet... better siam...

will go for good IPO bond instead, can sleep better.. but hard to get lah.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Ok, i google and manage to understand the derivatives instrument. almost same as ELN lah..think i am not experienced yet... better siam...

will go for good IPO bond instead, can sleep better.. but hard to get lah.

Bond? Now? Hmm I personally don't like bond now.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Default Economist Nouriel Roubini Forecast Gold Prices to Plummet to $1,000 Before End of2015

By Vittorio Hernandez | June 3, 2013 8:51 AM EST
    Economist Nouriel Roubini, in a fearless forecast on Project Syndicate, projected that the price of gold would likely plummet to about $1,000 before the end of 2015.

He attributed the likely further plunge of gold prices to:

Demand for physical gold rises in first quarter

1. Gold spiking during extreme crises, but the crises days are now over.

2. A risk of high inflation is the period that gold does well.

3. Because of the recovering economy, investors are not interested in holdings that pay no dividends.

4. The rise in real interest rate which kills gold.

5. Governments with piles of debt, such as Cyprus, are dumping their gold.

6. American right-wing fanatics juiced gold, but those days are over.

Mr Roubini, a professor at the Stern School of Business in New York University and senior economist for International Affairs in the White House's Council of Economic Advisers, pointed out that gold - which was priced at $800 per ounce in early 2009 and hit beyond $1,900 in the fall of 2011 - had all the features of a bubble.
    Last edited by princess_morbucks; 04-06-13 at 21:27.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Terrible time to trade warrants, the implied vols, effective gearing and premiums are all horrible as compared to 2005.