Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: #1 Suites @ 1 lorong 20 geylang

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T.S View Post
    Hi all, just for your information, Geylang is very good for investment.

You buy a unit for $6xxK and monthly pay about $2300/mth. For a loft unit, you can get a rental of lets say $3000, lets include your Maintenance..that will be about $250 /mth. How much profit will you get?

That is the maths that investors are calculating. I strongly believe Geylang will be clean. After Geylang has been cleaned, you buy a unit at any Geylang new Project, you will never get the current price. Land sales and Project sales will be almost equivilent to a D9/D10 or D15 Price. Rental will also go up.

Than Ivestors will be having a bigger laugh.

"Just my thoughts for those who think buying property in Geylang is not worth."
    There so many brothels at lorong 20...can 1suites rent to female expat?

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83 View Post
    There so many brothels at lorong 20...can 1suites rent to female expat?
    Maybe yes...

Maybe yes...
    There will be 3 projects that is on the pipeline for Lorong 20.

Edezloft, G20 and 1 Suites.

This means majority of illegal gals standing there wont be able to do so. Just like Lor 24. There will be only legal houses where the gals nor guys will be disturbed.

That is y i am very safe in saying that a woman will be able to walk on the that stretch without any problem.

There will be 3 projects that is on the pipeline for Lorong 20.

Edezloft, G20 and 1 Suites.

This means majority of illegal gals standing there wont be able to do so. Just like Lor 24. There will be only legal houses where the gals nor guys will be disturbed.

That is y i am very safe in saying that a woman will be able to walk on the that stretch without any problem.
    My agent told me that Lorong 32 is selling at about $1.4k now and he said that there will be more projects coming up in Lorong 24, not sure whether true or not? He mentioned the lane near Lorong 24 but I'm not sure which lane he is referring leh.

That's good. Hope they won't be higher than 6 storeys like Grandview Suite so my city view won't be blocked. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    That's good. Hope they won't be higher than 6 storeys like Grandview Suite so my city view won't be blocked. Lol
    i Hope will block our view..i worry about the hot sun.

i Hope will block our view..i worry about the hot sun.
    Mine also west sun but you can buy or get people to sew the blockout curtain to shield the sun. I bought from Ikea but have to install the rail ourselves. Yesterday went down to my place to try and compare the 2 rooms, one with curtain and the other without, and I can feel the difference. With curtain one feel a bit cosy. Total cost me only around $340 for 2 rooms and 1 hall (including the rails and the accessories). If I will to get people to sew, it will cost me around $1k+. Of course, maybe material is different and workmanship is better.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Mine also west sun but you can buy or get people to sew the blockout curtain to shield the sun. I bought from Ikea but have to install the rail ourselves. Yesterday went down to my place to try and compare the 2 rooms, one with curtain and the other without, and I can feel the difference. With curtain one feel a bit cosy. Total cost me only around $340 for 2 rooms and 1 hall (including the rails and the accessories). If I will to get people to sew, it will cost me around $1k+. Of course, maybe material is different and workmanship is better.
    iris...ur melosa...i went there at 9pm...cannot find any streetwalkers and whores at all.....u lucky la.

Mr Agent,

"You strongly believe Geylang will be cleaned up?"....can you substantiate your statement with facts and evidence?

Hi all, just for your information, Geylang is very good for investment.

You buy a unit for $6xxK and monthly pay about $2300/mth. For a loft unit, you can get a rental of lets say $3000, lets include your Maintenance..that will be about $250 /mth. How much profit will you get?

That is the maths that investors are calculating. I strongly believe Geylang will be clean. After Geylang has been cleaned, you buy a unit at any Geylang new Project, you will never get the current price. Land sales and Project sales will be almost equivilent to a D9/D10 or D15 Price. Rental will also go up.

Than Ivestors will be having a bigger laugh.

"Just my thoughts for those who think buying property in Geylang is not worth."

Mr Agent,

"You strongly believe Geylang will be cleaned up?"....can you substantiate your statement with facts and evidence?
    Hi Bro,

I dont have any paper or facts to show, but need to wait for another 3 years to proof that.

Hi..I ever heard b4 in the forum that the lease of the brothels at Even lorong will end by 2015....any1 can confirm this ?

iris...ur melosa...i went there at 9pm...cannot find any streetwalkers and whores at all.....u lucky la.
    Not so lucky la, my fridge and washing machine have problem and now my fan with lamps, fan has scatches and lamp, wrong model.Already, 1 week, still haven't come and change, sign.....

Quite like my unit, feel like staying there, but not enough room for my daughter and son, sign......

Quite like my unit, feel like staying there, but not enough room for my daughter and son, sign......
    One suites selling so badly as compared to one loft. ...both projects having the same developer. ..why the reception towards one suites is so poor?

Talking

One suites selling so badly as compared to one loft. ...both projects having the same developer. ..why the reception towards one suites is so poor?
    Caveat lodged : 4 to date of the 120 units
    All high floors ones, 1262 to 1274 psf.

Who will buy the low floor ones? One loft is quite exciting already !

Yesterday, drove into Lor 24 at around 9pm. Not so much people as compared to last time. Have a quick glance at Jalan Suka also, not so many people too. Previously it was so crowded.

Yesterday, drove into Lor 24 at around 9pm. Not so much people as compared to last time. Have a quick glance at Jalan Suka also, not so many people too. Previously it was so crowded.
    thanks sister IRIS for updating me.....Iris, can u help me check on weekend whether lorong 24 is still peaceful...

thanks sister IRIS for updating me.....Iris, can u help me check on weekend whether lorong 24 is still peaceful...
    Hello, I'm not staying there leh. But no problem, if I go to my place this weekend, I'll help to look out for it.

Hello, I'm not staying there leh. But no problem, if I go to my place this weekend, I'll help to look out for it.
    Sis Iris........many thanks for your help to check at lorong 24.

Sis Iris........many thanks for your help to check at lorong 24.
    Ok, time for reporting.

Went down to my place (Lor 28) today at about 6.30pm to see see look look and at the same time enjoy the new environment + the quietness inside the house. At about 8.30pm, left our car at the apartment car park and took a slow walk to Lor 24. Though there were quite a lot of people today but not as much as few months back. I can only see a "pool" of people gathered together at one side, I think they were doing some "bargaining". The rest are the "scattered" passerby. Walk into Jalan Suka, surprisingly, not so crowded as before, I can't see any vice there but have lots of "roadside barber."

Luckily didnt buy Little India.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008 View Post
    why not. Got free show to watch.

hope they beef up geylang due to congregation of prc workers.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008 View Post
    Should relocate the red-light area to Little India to de-stress the workers so that they have no time to drink liquor. Their time will be fully occupied by watching those girls. At least they still have something to do.

Should relocate the red-light area to Little India to de-stress the workers so that they have no time to drink liquor. Their time will be fully occupied by watching those girls. At least they still have something to do.
    Haha good idea.

news said will step up patrol in geylang also...dunno how true...have to ask adam to update us.

My mother says she very frighten when she see them move the sarong up and down as wait a snake may appear.

Hi..I ever heard b4 in the forum that the lease of the brothels at Even lorong will end by 2015....any1 can confirm this ?
    They have been talks of cl3an up for the longest time abt geylang....only licenced brothel owner and police who give licence knows lah....

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO View Post
    They have been talks of cl3an up for the longest time abt geylang....only licenced brothel owner and police who give licence knows lah....
    Sign.... very slow wan lah. Like my current location, they said want to build hawker centre (food + market) during the last election, till now still no sign of construction.

Sign.... very slow wan lah. Like my current location, they said want to build hawker centre (food + market) during the last election, till now still no sign of construction.
    at which exact location, that they wana build hawker?