Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and.........SG is the Richest Country in the World

Default and.........SG is the Richest Country in the World

TADA!!! and we beat the likes of Switzerland and Norway to top the list, but strangely I don't think my quality of living is like a Swiss or Scandinavian's.

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/photos/t...333952516.html

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    TADA!!! and we beat the likes of Switzerland and Norway to top the list, but strangely I don't think my quality of living is like a Swiss or Scandinavian's.

coz u are a looser n whiner. I feel compare to 80s our quality have improved a lot.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Hahaha.. Good one..

Actually, it is hard to compare la. In Zurich (stayed there for some time previously), they have a small pension for you. Maybe 3k or so. So you just enjoy your life lor. Nice water, clean air, cool weather (April to Sept is solid). Everyday, take a walk, buy newspaper and enjoy coffee. Not much shopping though. Sit by the waterfront (amazingly beautiful, windy, cooling). In SG, you go coffee shop and order teh peng because weather too hot. You smell exhaust fumes. Haha.

But working life isn't that perfect. Their trams is costly (one day tram pass is about S$12 but they don't usually check), tax is high but I like their transportation system there. Practically you get a seat even in peak hour. And when they say 3:15pm, the tram will leave at 3:15pm. No late, no early. People there are super nice and considerate. If you cross a road, the cars will always give way and they don't honk you. People there are helpful as well - especially if you blur on how to take a tram/train/bus.

My salary is 5 digits there. After tax, about 20% higher than what I earned in SG. After accommodation (I mid level engineer so no expat package), I am practically left with barely enough to survive. Cooking is a necessary skill. 1 plate of fried rice is $25 to $30 Sing dollars. Go toilet is $7.50 per entry at the central station. But I didn't regret working there. Nice place, nice people, relaxing environment but there is a price to pay.

But as always, the grass is always greener on the other side one. SG still suit me better.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    coz u are a looser n whiner. I feel compare to 80s our quality have improved a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Hahaha.. Good one..

But as always, the grass is always greener on the other side one. SG still suit me better.
    thanks for sharing.. SG is really not bad liao .. of course not perfect.. if SG's weather can be cooler, how nice. these few days my house air con got to work extra hard to cool the room.
    sometime I think people here (including me) are so hot tempered and impatient is because of the weather..

eh moron, let me school you again in stats.
    we are comparing across the top 5 in the list, not across decades.

rule 1 in stats - comparison must be made in the same context.
    you mean Switzerland now isn't better than when it was in the 80s? you mean to say Norway now hasn't progressed since it was in the 80s?

kam gong

Hahaha.. Good one..

Actually, it is hard to compare la. In Zurich (stayed there for some time previously), they have a small pension for you. Maybe 3k or so. So you just enjoy your life lor. Nice water, clean air, cool weather (April to Sept is solid). Everyday, take a walk, buy newspaper and enjoy coffee. Not much shopping though. Sit by the waterfront (amazingly beautiful, windy, cooling). In SG, you go coffee shop and order teh peng because weather too hot. You smell exhaust fumes. Haha.

You miss out on the health aspect. Everyday we breathe in toxic fumes produced by plants in Tuas and Jurong, plants that are banned in Switzerland the the EU for environment reason. Everyday, we drink longkang new water. Many people are dying of cancer in their 50s and heart attacks and strokes in their 40s.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Richest country in the world ?? Tickle my toe Based on what ?? No oil, No coal and certainly no land mass ?? 6.9 million people ?? based on per Capital Income statistics ?? you are conned No wonder you don't feel the "richness". The "rich feeling" is not for you n me , only Chenghu class and elites.

of course all of us would have different criteria, but the point is that in spite of a whoopingly high GDP per capita, the commoners' quality of life do not seem to reflect it

As long as not poor until left with money only
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

But you also miss out on things like natural resources, land, nuclear plants which can be found in other countries. So there is a trade off here. You can have a, b but not c and d. Or you can have b and c but not a and d. You can't have a,b,c,d in life. Newater is not longkang water btw.

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    You miss out on the health aspect. Everyday we breathe in toxic fumes produced by plants in Tuas and Jurong, plants that are banned in Switzerland the the EU for environment reason. Everyday, we drink longkang new water. Many people are dying of cancer in their 50s and heart attacks and strokes in their 40s.

Depends on what you define as quality.

In Zurich, they have 3k a month as pension, people call that quality. But 3k can buy very little things only but still, they have fresh air, cool weather, nice view, nice mountains, nice water there.

In SG, give you 3k also no use if you like nature.

If I were to choose, I will pick SG. To me, shopping, surfing, cycling, eating good food at hawker (I hate Europe food !) are more important. But there are people who like cleaner air, cool weather etc. So can't say which is better or worse. Can only say which one you prefer or fit you better. It is quite easy to migrate there anyway. As a PR I mean.

of course all of us would have different criteria, but the point is that in spite of a whoopingly high GDP per capita, the commoners' quality of life do not seem to reflect it

eh moron, let me school you again in stats.
    we are comparing across the top 5 in the list, not across decades.

rule 1 in stats - comparison must be made in the same context.
    you mean Switzerland now isn't better than when it was in the 80s? you mean to say Norway now hasn't progressed since it was in the 80s?

kam gong

Kock u want to change again ? Prata man.
    Well in the 80s was the bus Aircon? In 80s how many family have Aircon? In the 80s how many have pc at home? In the 80s how many people have $ go Europe holiday or jer bay Kee?

Want to come hah! Talk cock.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Depends on what you define as quality.

In Zurich, they have 3k a month as pension, people call that quality. But 3k can buy very little things only but still, they have fresh air, cool weather, nice view, nice mountains, nice water there.

In SG, give you 3k also no use if you like nature.

If I were to choose, I will pick SG. To me, shopping, surfing, cycling, eating good food at hawker (I hate Europe food !) are more important. But there are people who like cleaner air, cool weather etc. So can't say which is better or worse. Can only say which one you prefer or fit you better. It is quite easy to migrate there anyway. As a PR I mean.

Aiyah his quality is pay high high , everything cheap or free n , work hours less less , everyday free free. Sick or education or old all zeng hu take the bill zero dollar out. That's wat he call quality.

Oh forgot! Must have no GST! Big house big car n whole country bo Lang.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

N today compare to 80s how many are home owners? How's my own multiple property? How many can afford to go JB buy big house the the johoran think they cannot afford? How many live in condo? How many are uni or poly educated?

So are we not better? Cock. I guess u just want to keep think the worst. U are some looser in depression is it?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Has income distribution improved? Richest country in terms of per capita but the wealth is contained in the top 5 - 10%. Commoners only feel the rising costs of living, and seems to be getting harder to survive in sg.... Don't you have that feeling too?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Commoners get GST with no tax savings!

The businessmen and top income earners get another 13% tax cut for implementing GST (tax cut much much more GST paid)! Any wonder that these group of people like GST?

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    Has income distribution improved? Richest country in terms of per capita but the wealth is contained in the top 5 - 10%. Commoners only feel the rising costs of living, and seems to be getting harder to survive in sg.... Don't you have that feeling too?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    Bro, some correction here..

Is not long kang water, is sia Sui .. Toilet flush water ..!

That why when sg was announced as top, I felt being so poor..

No. I see people pay increase . Cost go up is not a sgp only problem. Vietnam , thailand , Malaysia cost also go up.

I see many are home owners wanting 2nd home. Wanting bigger car. That's not a sign of bring poor. It's a sign where people have more disposal income.

Where avg wage hits for degree 3800pm starting some get better depending on jobs scope . When I started it was 1000pm for a fresh poly student. 1600 for fresh grad.

It's the expectation that is out of wack. Now all come out to work expect BMW , condo ASAP. Back then didn't feel this way. HDB n take bus was the norm maybe save up for a use jap car.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Commoners get GST with no tax savings!

The businessmen and top income earners get another 13% tax cut for implementing GST (tax cut much much more GST paid)! Any wonder that these group of people like GST?

Talk cock again. So good why don't u go be business man? Like do business is so easy? All u rich I run Tax n try to ask for no gst at the expense of the poor. Cock

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Btw income distribution favour those that take risk . Ask ur self how many people take risk? N those u see good are those who survived. Many failed.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

You are really brainless!

With GST and higher tax bracket cut, the poor will end up paying more than the rich. PERIOD.

Talk cock again. So good why don't u go be business man? Like do business is so easy? All u rich I run Tax n try to ask for no gst at the expense of the poor. Cock

Think my statement need to be more refined, it should be:

"With GST and higher tax bracket cut, the poor and the middle-incomers will end up paying more taxes to make up for the 13% tax reduction enjoyed by the rich and the businessmen!"

With GST and higher tax bracket cut, the poor will end up paying more than the rich. PERIOD.

Btw income distribution favour those that take risk . Ask ur self how many people take risk? N those u see good are those who survived. Many failed.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your statement just contradicted itself. i take risk, i enjoy more distributed wealth from others!!!!

your stupidity outshines itself day by day

U are selfish! U roch want to run tax now u want to save on gst too at poors expense!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your statement just contradicted itself. i take risk, i enjoy more distributed wealth from others!!!!

your stupidity outshines itself day by day

U are real stupid or genetically dumb? U want to comapre rich people. We are all rich! The ones that are doing better coz they took risk is that a crime? U are one jealous prick that cannot make it.

Yeah the rich consume more pay more tax n gst! So more $ get distributed!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Think my statement need to be more refined, it should be:

"With GST and higher tax bracket cut, the poor and the middle-incomers will end up paying more taxes to make up for the 13% tax reduction enjoyed by the rich and the businessmen!"

Oh now is middle income not poor liao? I thought u say whole singapore 80% are poor? Prata man. Just like the prata party flip n flop.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

U are real stupid or genetically dumb? U want to comapre rich people. We are all rich! The ones that are doing better coz they took risk is that a crime? U are one jealous prick that cannot make it.

Yeah the rich consume more pay more tax n gst! So more $ get distributed!
    WAHAHAHAHAAAAA, this has totally got nothing to do with income distribution.

moron, this is your statement - "Btw income distribution favour those that take risk "

as you claimed, those who take risk should receive more distributed income.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, 2 things i deduce

1. you need to take english tuition classes during the june holidays to prepare for PSLE

2. kenna corners and flip-flop again, as usual

WAHAHAHAHAAAAA, this has totally got nothing to do with income distribution.

moron, this is your statement - "Btw income distribution favour those that take risk "

as you claimed, those who take risk should receive more distributed income.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, 2 things i deduce

1. you need to take english tuition classes during the june holidays to prepare for PSLE

2. kenna corners and flip-flop again, as usual
    Deduce my ass. I need to go back n Find ur primary school teacher n sack them. Bloody comprehension cannot make it. How many time do I need to repeat myself? Want the guy complain top 10% rich.! I say we are all rich top 10 richer coz they take risk. N they get more income coz they took risk. Want more income go work on it.

I guess ur comprehension is crap due to low intelligence ?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

So many retirees around?