Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you live in a house without storerooms?

Default Can you live in a house without storerooms?

I see that's the direction of new developments. Do away with the house shelter and just give you bedrooms, living room, kitchen and balcony.

Surely you need some space for luggages, ironing boards, vacuum cleaners etc etc???

Quote Originally Posted by pool100
    I see that's the direction of new developments. Do away with the house shelter and just give you bedrooms, living room, kitchen and balcony.

Surely you need some space for luggages, ironing boards, vacuum cleaners etc etc???
    I don't think I can.
    But I bought Sant Ritz nonetheless because of location.

HS = more junk.
    No HS = less clutter.

I overcome this by building more wardrobe spaces and store my luggage in it. My vacuum cleaner is sitting in the living room at an obscure corner. The other stuff I left at my yard area. So no need for the HS for storage!

what kind of question is that?

i live and sleep in a big toilet before, no bedrooms, no hs ..........aka studio.

there is a reason why DIY storage business is booming in Singapore
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

hhaha...the developer want you to think before you buy things....cultivate good habit.

but i can't, i have to even convert one of my toilet to get extra store room... too much rubbish.

No i need a store to store all the unsightly things!!

Now with a HS, i seem to become a compulsive hoarder...

Same story as owning a car. I stay 100m from MRT stn right at fringe of City hence no compulsion to own a car liao. My children go to school using public transport and else where with MRT

BUt my unit has a utility room and my wife is an avid hoarder of stuff.

my upcoming 1loft unit comes w 2 bathrooms....I can understand why they include 2 toilets so that owner at master room can use toilet without the need to walk downstair. However, for me who is staying alone, the 2nd toilet is waste of space thus I m thinking of converting it to storage space.

I am also thinking of converting the void space beside the staircase to storage as well.

I will be building shoe cabinet in HS

Don't know how to live in a house without storeroom. Where to keep ugly things out of sight?

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    Don't know how to live in a house without storeroom. Where to keep ugly things out of sight?
    During house viewing, I saw some owners use the storeroom as maid's room cum ironing room. Poor maid!

Guess I'll need that storeroom...

Life is too good for us now. Old HDB have no store room too and yet the owners can still live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Life is too good for us now. Old HDB have no store room too and yet the owners can still live with it.
    totally agree
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

different.....we pay little, so no complaints.....but as we improve our quality of life and pay more, how can we get less??

Quote Originally Posted by irisng

convert the unused toilet to store room and also save $$...
    Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Guess I'll need that storeroom...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    convert the unused toilet to store room and also save $$...
    Think I prefer toilets over storeroom.

gotta have storeroom ba. im gonna use the HS for storage and perhaps a small wine cellar?

yes ! live in a place without store room. save on the store room pdf. easily 80-100sqf? now PSF is $1000- 2000 ?

that store room cost $100K to 200K?

Save on the store room and move unused items to storage facility!

so avg cost is ard $250 can store sofa n washing machine etc. works out to be $3K per year.. the $100K spend can story 33yrs. if 200K is 66yrs...
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    yes ! live in a place without store room. save on the store room pdf. easily 80-100sqf? now PSF is $1000- 2000 ?

so avg cost is ard $250 can store sofa n washing machine etc. works out to be $3K per year.. the $100K spend can story 33yrs. if 200K is 66yrs...
    Yes minority. Good info and insight.

I have never thought of this but now that you explained, the sums work out logically!

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    Yes minority. Good info and insight.

I have never thought of this but now that you explained, the sums work out logically!
    But the only thing is you don't own the store, not to mention the convenience of owning it INSIDE the house....

But the only thing is you don't own the store, not to mention the convenience of owning it INSIDE the house....

Well its items u dont use mostly. some are located ard the island if u pick 1 near u. if u use it often then it should not be in storage anyway..

Well have to strike a balance forking out 100-200K to store or storage base on utility basis. find something that work best.. maybe u have 4 luggage. most of the time u use 1. well other 3 can put in storage for example. once a year need all 4 then go take it out n use.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Well its items u dont use mostly. some are located ard the island if u pick 1 near u. if u use it often then it should not be in storage anyway..

Well have to strike a balance forking out 100-200K to store or storage base on utility basis. find something that work best.. maybe u have 4 luggage. most of the time u use 1. well other 3 can put in storage for example. once a year need all 4 then go take it out n use.
    Good point.

Sometimes we agents also argue in the same line regarding properties not near MRT: We ask clients whether it is worthwhile paying $200k more to be located nearer to the MRT station? $200k can easily get you another Merc C class with change... (Of cos, this logic only applies to buying-for-own-stays)

There are some debates regarding this. What do you think?

first time i agree your statement.

Good point.

Sometimes we agents also argue in the same line regarding properties not near MRT: We ask clients whether it is worthwhile paying $200k more to be located nearer to the MRT station? $200k can easily get you another Merc C class with change... (Of cos, this logic only applies to buying-for-own-stays)

There are some debates regarding this. What do you think?
    a counterpoint: that $200k can have capital appreciation?

Does mickey needs storeroom?

狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    a counterpoint: that $200k can have capital appreciation?
    Haha this is good counter argument too .