Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy your luxury car now b4 COE goes up!!!

Default Buy your luxury car now b4 COE goes up!!!

The Government is reviewing how to improve the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) system in two main areas, said Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew Thursday.

Speaking on the sidelines of a visit to the Marina Coastal Expressway project site, Mr Lui said the authorities are looking at how to refine the categorization of category A and B cars to separate mass market and luxury cars.

He noted that last year, models commonly viewed as higher-end options such as Mercedes Benz and BMW made up more than a third of Category A registrations compared to less than 7 per cent in 2010.

One new criteria the authorities is considering is engine power, he said, adding that the public and industry players will be consulted before a decision is made later this year.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Default surcharge

Maybe ABSD for second car.....:-)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    The Government is reviewing how to improve the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) system in two main areas, said Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew Thursday.

Speaking on the sidelines of a visit to the Marina Coastal Expressway project site, Mr Lui said the authorities are looking at how to refine the categorization of category A and B cars to separate mass market and luxury cars.

He noted that last year, models commonly viewed as higher-end options such as Mercedes Benz and BMW made up more than a third of Category A registrations compared to less than 7 per cent in 2010.

One new criteria the authorities is considering is engine power, he said, adding that the public and industry players will be consulted before a decision is made later this year.

Oh no I just bought my new car waiting for stupid performance motor to settle the Cat A bidding... looks like its bad news for me soon.

I think luxury car coe stable.. CAt A +/-10k up and down.

those got no money but want luxury car can consider this i cannot buy otherwise if i drive to work my boss eyes red

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/i...341262&DL=1000
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    those got no money but want luxury car can consider this i cannot buy otherwise if i drive to work my boss eyes red

sure or not. how come so cheap?

rob peter to pay paul ....

Wah... v cheap but drawback will be the no. of owners plus the mileage... is there a reason why so many owners want to sell the car? Hmmm.... anyway, @ $7.xk annual depreciation, you probably won't lose much even if its problematic... just more inconvenient in getting problems fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Wah... v cheap but drawback will be the no. of owners plus the mileage... is there a reason why so many owners want to sell the car? Hmmm.... anyway, @ $7.xk annual depreciation, you probably won't lose much even if its problematic... just more inconvenient in getting problems fixed...
    like i said i CANNOT drive this car to work my boss driving ford focus after eyes red
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

If this car is well maintenance, can considered renew coe ...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    If its many owners, chances of each owner taking good care of it is not very high!!! Sigh!

If its many owners, chances of each owner taking good care of it is not very high!!! Sigh!

Was looking at then direct selling asking price, and I am sure he had approached dealer, and dealer had really offer super low baller price,....

What I mean is dealer markup is imaginable ...

Was looking at then direct selling asking price, and I am sure he had approached dealer, and dealer had really offer super low baller price,....

What I mean is dealer markup is imaginable ...
    Most dealers don't want to consign your car coz earn a little bit only. They offer super low price and then sell at market rate. Some dealers offer $20k off market price for a Jap car. Imagine the profit they make after some touch up here and there. Once I called a dealer to ask if he could consign my car. He replied sternly, 'Not that I don't want to consign your car but there is no vacancy in my showroom to house your car !!!'

Another classic comment, 'Your car so old (7+ years old) better scrap lah. I can only take in at scrap plus body price' That is $12k off the market value immediately. I ask him go fly kite. Not too long ago, I recalled dealers only slashing about $6k to $8k from market value. I keep hearing car dealers complain their business greatly affected but they still slash so jialat from car owners. They are not very desperate to get that business leh!!!

Any faulty electronics for this car would cost a bomb

so who here bought the audi its SOLD

Counting down two weeks left for used car dealers.How many more will close shop after that day?

Most dealers don't want to consign your car coz earn a little bit only. They offer super low price and then sell at market rate. Some dealers offer $20k off market price for a Jap car. Imagine the profit they make after some touch up here and there. Once I called a dealer to ask if he could consign my car. He replied sternly, 'Not that I don't want to consign your car but there is no vacancy in my showroom to house your car !!!'

Another classic comment, 'Your car so old (7+ years old) better scrap lah. I can only take in at scrap plus body price' That is $12k off the market value immediately. I ask him go fly kite. Not too long ago, I recalled dealers only slashing about $6k to $8k from market value. I keep hearing car dealers complain their business greatly affected but they still slash so jialat from car owners. They are not very desperate to get that business leh!!!
    That is very mercenary ..I had bad encounter too......the price they quote is simply too ridiculous.....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    That why buying a pre owned car, nn warranty, you need to invite `Mr hang` to come along....

Is heng , sway,,,.....

Expected that will be a quick deal...nice car..

There was another Audi A4 for about $8xxx annual depreciation @ Turf City advertized yesterday or Thurs and today sold when I went down... Buyers are still lurking everywhere... just waiting for the right price. So 2nd hand market not really that bad as portrayed by many dealers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Saw a BMW at a workshop. Asked the mechanic. He said the car's been there for 5 months already waiting for spare part. Upon probing, he revealed the owner looking for 2nd hand spare parts so waiting and looking until the workshop are buying the 2nd hand spare parts from China. The new spare parts cost easily $25k. 2nd hand spare parts from China cost about $4k. No wonder waiting and looking lor... car parts can really cost a bomb man!

Saw a BMW at a workshop. Asked the mechanic. He said the car's been there for 5 months already waiting for spare part. Upon probing, he revealed the owner looking for 2nd hand spare parts so waiting and looking until the workshop are buying the 2nd hand spare parts from China. The new spare parts cost easily $25k. 2nd hand spare parts from China cost about $4k. No wonder waiting and looking lor... car parts can really cost a bomb man!

what major part is that? 25k? was it a 7 series? don't think most parts in a 5 series will cost that much.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/i...342514&DL=1000

How about this one. Also owner is directly selling. Still available.
    If the 2nd hand car dealers become unreasonable, the business model will be changed. the newer generation is happy to buy things online - including cars.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    what major part is that? 25k? was it a 7 series? don't think most parts in a 5 series will cost that much.
    Well I'm not a very hands on car person so don't understand which part it was. There is a top layer and a bottom layer. The new piece comes with both layers although only the top layer is damaged... Don't know which part it was but continental cars are definitely expensive man! Btw its a 5 series!

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

If the 2nd hand car dealers become unreasonable, the business model will be changed. the newer generation is happy to buy things online - including cars.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Just clicked on the link... it reads 'SOLD'. Very fast man! Fast and furious!

For economical driving, Japanese cars are still better (except for cars like gtr).

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

Thanks,
    Richard
    u mean owner SOLD please do keep a lookout you might see same car advertised again 5k higher by ur friendly dealers

Just clicked on the link... it reads 'SOLD'. Very fast man! Fast and furious!
    probably bought by a dealer to resell

probably bought by a dealer to resell
    Very probable!!! Last time there was flipping properties. Now its flipping cars!!!

15 more days to the end of window period for car agent. Will we see a higher discount then?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs