Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rental is definitely strong!

Default Rental is definitely strong!

Just renewed the rental lease of my two mm units at the east (both in D15) over the mth of April. Rent up by about 10% and have at least 3 cheques being offered for each unit. in the end choose to let the current tenant renew (one unit the existing tenant offered the highest quote, the other unit is second highest). i still prefer tenants of certain nationality as the units are well-maintained and minimal cooking (boiling water counted as cooking? LOL).

Anyway, bottomline, rental mkt is still going strong here.

also depends when ur lease ends.. near yr end usually slower.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

is there a clear trend which period of the year that most rental renewal or new contracts are being signed?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    is there a clear trend which period of the year that most rental renewal or new contracts are being signed?

usually near yr end some tenants who's lease ends go back. they renew when they come after the new yr.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

The BIG question is how will it be like 2 years
    From now
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I guess must distinguish the budget types & floor size as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Just renewed the rental lease of my two mm units at the east (both in D15) over the mth of April. Rent up by about 10% and have at least 3 cheques being offered for each unit. in the end choose to let the current tenant renew (one unit the existing tenant offered the highest quote, the other unit is second highest). i still prefer tenants of certain nationality as the units are well-maintained and minimal cooking (boiling water counted as cooking? LOL).

care to share with us ..whats the floor size ... no of bedrooms .. and what was the previous rent amount ?

could it be that your last rent was below market ?

not being cynical but all info is impt and helpful

danke schon

i know rental is strong but looking at guru i wonder why there are 60k plus properties for rental...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...rty-for-rent/1
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Must learn from you, what nationality is preferred in terms of maintaining the house well?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Must learn from you, what nationality is preferred in terms of maintaining the house well?
    6 letter word...ANGMOS

but if u failed spelling in sch..u might end up with...NAIDNI ..god bless

you should divide by 3 or 4....
    some agents just anyhow use others and then they do cobroke. i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i know rental is strong but looking at guru i wonder why there are 60k plus properties for rental...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...rty-for-rent/1

Usually i will ask the current tenant whether to renew or not before open up viewing for other tenants.

just a little while ago, i reminded brothers and sisters here. investing in HDB,BTO,EC or condo (let's called all these segments, apartment segment for convenience ) is anytime better than landed.

look at the current demand in the market, the number of people who are first time buyers in the apartment segment are still a lot. under the current Cooling Measures, this particular group is vaguely affected except they have to hold for 4 years or more.

But how many first time landed buyers are there ?

this is a very very simple fact, but even the professional property analysts can fail to see.

no point speculating in landed now. it is going to get worse.

but for the apartment segment, there is still ample room for expansion due to the sheer bulk of first time buyers in this segment and the rental potential/income stream.

Good Luck.

Many do not understand the game of Poker.

In the game of Poker, because of the nature of the few players in the game and everyone is trying to put on a Poker face. It is really a game of RIGID.

By that I mean, the game can proceed as long as someone is not scared off the chair by the rest of the Poker faces. And the treasure chest could continue to pile up and up and everything seem so fine.

So fine, however,until it takes only one. Yes, one Poker face to end the game.

Landed is just like that. When that Poker comes, good luck.

Now you know why I am nicked Blackjack21.

The apartment segment ( HDB.BTO,EC,private condos inclusive ) is however, like an American Football game ( Not soccer hor !).

In this game, one struck a Goal (just like a baseball ), but the game does not end there. Why ?

Because there are many opposing players in the game. This can make it turn any side according to the strength of the team.

This game I called it a FLEXIBLE GAME.

Good Luck.

Your Handsome Uncle.

you find many "misplaced" buyers in landed.

by misplaced, I mean that this group of "misplaced" buyers who have bought a S$3,000,000 landed should have instead bought 2 condos instead of 1 landed. this is concluded by a casual inspection of their household income.

because in the very first place, they will be financially stronger holding 2 condo with lesser loans than one single asset with a big loan.

and they can diversify the risks better with 2 condos using rental incomes than one landed with no rental.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

by misplaced, I mean that this group of "misplaced" buyers who have bought a S$3,000,000 landed should have instead bought 2 condos instead of 1 landed. this is concluded by a casual inspection of their household income.

because in the very first place, they will be financially stronger holding 2 condo with lesser loans than one single asset with a big loan.

and they can diversify the risks better with 2 condos using rental incomes than one landed with no rental.

Good Luck.

of cos, if you owned more than 2 property now, this will not work for you anymore under the new CMs.

which takes us back to my first argument above: that buying an apartment is better than a landed.

Landed prices really run up too much... In the past landed traditionally lags condos thoughtout history.... I believe it will revert back to the norm of the past...

Coz, landed only open to local market... Now with all the noise, gahmen has tighten up approval for PR to buy landed sp demand will slow

With the huge run up in prices, easily 3m and up per landed, locals not so rich to buy

And only locals w bigger families will buy landed and the number of big local families are shrinking so again demand will drop

No speculation in landed will cause prices to be stagnant and over time condo prices will increase more and the historical trend will again prevail

Holding cost of landed high and rental yield low, here, it will again revert to a market meant for own stay and prices will flatten... This is the same as why CCR condo prices never go up these last three years coz quantum too big, yield bad...

But for CCR condo there will cone a time when foreigners will cone back to invest in CCR properties again but they cannot invest in landed

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    care to share with us ..whats the floor size ... no of bedrooms .. and what was the previous rent amount ?

could it be that your last rent was below market ?

not being cynical but all info is impt and helpful

danke schon
    You could be right though. mine are mm. One is 3xx sqft (previous rent 2.65k), the other is 4xxsqft (previous rent 2.9k). both proper 1 bedroom.

of cos, if you owned more than 2 property now, this will not work for you anymore under the new CMs.

which takes us back to my first argument above: that buying an apartment is better than a landed.
    oh highly respected brother Bj21...your words are truly WORDS of wisdom...day and night i have been thinking of what u say about landed and i really BELIEVE you have a 3rd eye....if i have 3million dollars CASH would i buy a single storey ULU terrace or 3 x 1million OCR apts 1 to stay and 2 to rent and earn passive income....the answer is TRULY clear to me now thanks to YOUR incessant CONDEMNATION of buying landed property.....whahahaha

NB:This my OWN personal view and i dont have 3miilion SGD...only 3million INDO rupiah.... i got

Good Luck.
    If I have the extra $3m, I would have purchased 4 more shoebox units. Easily close to $12000 rental per mth.

You could be right though. mine are mm. One is 3xx sqft (previous rent 2.65k), the other is 4xxsqft (previous rent 2.9k). both proper 1 bedroom.
    Not a bad income... Congratulation bro

i still prefer tenants of certain nationality as the units are well-maintained and minimal cooking (boiling water counted as cooking? LOL).
    Please share which nationality is ideal? thanks.

Bro BlackJack, I salute you. You are really a wise man. My friend has problem in renting out his landed but no problem renting out his 2 condos. I presume that landed has no facilities while condo has, that's why demand for apartment segment is greater.

landed must be new new nice nice then got tenant. if major rebuilding going on next door.... tough luck. landed is for self stay and not really for rental.

and landed tax higher. so better self stay.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

agree, i cant imagine anybody would buy landed to rent out...might have but i think very rare looking at the yield...

it is a different segment altogether and dont think a first timer would plunge into it. more for ppl who want to upgrade or need the large builtup area or prefer more space and just hang on for capital appreciation. So the demand would come from a different pool. as long as the economy is ok, the price will uphold. unlike Condo, it is very much affected by demand from foreigners as well.
    i think future trend.....go for cluster landed! with space & facilities.

cluster landed seems to command much higher rental.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    landed must be new new nice nice then got tenant. if major rebuilding going on next door.... tough luck. landed is for self stay and not really for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    Please share which nationality is ideal? thanks.
    Mr keh i indian i dont like indian some bro chinese dont like people from cina how to say every nationality got good n bad la personally i got 2 indian tenant before 1 super good i super ok la let others advice i small timer

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    agree, i cant imagine anybody would buy landed to rent out...might have but i think very rare looking at the yield...

it is a different segment altogether and dont think a first timer would plunge into it. more for ppl who want to upgrade or need the large builtup area or prefer more space and just hang on for capital appreciation. So the demand would come from a different pool. as long as the economy is ok, the price will uphold. unlike Condo, it is very much affected by demand from foreigners as well.
    i think future trend.....go for cluster landed! with space & facilities.

cluster landed seems to command much higher rental.
    nowadays, the cluster landed like staring straight into your neighbours living room or bed room. have to find those where you don't have a immediate neighbour staring into your house. and those sometimes ends up being the units facing the main drive way... no win. lol.

actually no diff la, you look at some of the current condo development, each tower so close...
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    nowadays, the cluster landed like staring straight into your neighbours living room or bed room. have to find those where you don't have a immediate neighbour staring into your house. and those sometimes ends up being the units facing the main drive way... no win. lol.