Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rental is definitely strong!

Condo got a drain, I mean lap pool, heh, separating the blocks. Cluster only got one walkway in front not wider than 5m. At the backyard they share a wall with the neighbour behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    nowadays, the cluster landed like staring straight into your neighbours living room or bed room. have to find those where you don't have a immediate neighbour staring into your house. and those sometimes ends up being the units facing the main drive way... no win. lol.
    there is always the curtain to use to shield away unwanted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    there is always the curtain to use to shield away unwanted attention.
    and earplugs to shield noise
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

haha, i know what u mean....they have a high wall which is shared. and the walkway are normally not wide. but there are some nice project which the walkway are wider with a lot of plants like jungle or they have backyard wall that is not shared...

Condo got a drain, I mean lap pool, heh, separating the blocks. Cluster only got one walkway in front not wider than 5m. At the backyard they share a wall with the neighbour behind.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    agree, i cant imagine anybody would buy landed to rent out...might have but i think very rare looking at the yield...
    Actually my friend stays in this landed for many many years. The reason why he wants to rent out his landed is because he wants to enjoy the facilities that the condo has (eg swimming and gym). So he thought of shifting to the newly bought condo and rent out his landed.

nowadays, the cluster landed like staring straight into your neighbours living room or bed room. have to find those where you don't have a immediate neighbour staring into your house. and those sometimes ends up being the units facing the main drive way... no win. lol.

my friend's cluster at prime D15 ...

his neighbor opposite jump into the pool ...the water and wave can splash onto his side of the pool landing which is my 2 meter out from his living room

knn ...

I want to add that

I always respect bro BJ21 ..

but dunno why he posted his landed view on a thread talking about rental ...

maybe he meant to post it on DONT TALK UP LANDED

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    I want to add that

I always respect bro BJ21 ..

but dunno why he posted his landed view on a thread talking about rental ...

maybe he meant to post it on DONT TALK UP LANDED
    bj21 sometimes does weird things when he does not take his medicine
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Just renewed the rental lease of my two mm units at the east (both in D15) over the mth of April. Rent up by about 10% and have at least 3 cheques being offered for each unit. in the end choose to let the current tenant renew (one unit the existing tenant offered the highest quote, the other unit is second highest). i still prefer tenants of certain nationality as the units are well-maintained and minimal cooking (boiling water counted as cooking? LOL).

Anyway, bottomline, rental mkt is still going strong here.

can PM me which project is this n the size, rents before n after? I wana learn

Can any one advise where can i find report that the rental market is still going strong...

TBH, I think CCR and RCR rentals are softening. My best friend's place in Bt. Timah just leased out at 12% lower than 2 years ago, and it look around 3/4 weeks to find a tenant. 3 year old condo.

Not sure about suburban.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Can any one advise where can i find report that the rental market is still going strong...

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    TBH, I think CCR and RCR rentals are softening. My best friend's place in Bt. Timah just leased out at 12% lower than 2 years ago, and it look around 3/4 weeks to find a tenant. 3 year old condo.

Not sure about suburban.
    My relative asked me and I thought friends here might know where to get...

She is renewing rental and tenant asked her to show data to prove rental is moving up as she has proposed a 8% increased...

Rental webpage of URA website is the most impartial.

She is renewing rental and tenant asked her to show data to prove rental is moving up as she has proposed a 8% increased...

I proposed 12% rent increase, in the end negotiate to 9%. I think still have meat, but must make sure your unit fits your tenants requirements.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Where got need to prove to tenant one? Just tell the tenant, you want take it, you don't want, just leave it! Ask tenant can start to find another place to go!

Not sure about suburban.
    bt timah is ulu compared to your place at rivergate. so many development at cebtral area, of course bt timah rent weak.

exactly. ai lai mai sua! u r the landlord. u call the shots!
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

I have asked my tenants to view the URA rental data. The data is only indicative as each unit is unique in facing, furnishing, etc. Not sure about bukit timah. My recent rental renewal of two properties has all gone up by 20-25% compared to two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I have asked my tenants to view the URA rental data. The data is only indicative as each unit is unique in facing, furnishing, etc. Not sure about bukit timah. My recent rental renewal of two properties has all gone up by 20-25% compared to two years ago.
    your tenants very rich can stomach such increase

but I heard ICA is sending troops of foreigners home and HDB rental + low end mass market is already affected (flat/softening)
    Ride at your own risk !!!

They are in financial sector as Director and SVP. One has been there for the last 4 years. They said is the convenience to workplace, eateries and supermarkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    your tenants very rich can stomach such increase

but I heard ICA is sending troops of foreigners home and HDB rental + low end mass market is already affected (flat/softening)

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

For my unit, it was a corporate lease, and I knew that it would make life easier for me and for my tenant if he was able to justify to his company the proposed increase. So I did a short list of bullet points, including:
    a. rental amounts from URA data
    b. asking prices on Pptyguru
    c. asking prices at comparable properties

I believe in helping people to help me

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Where got need to prove to tenant one? Just tell the tenant, you want take it, you don't want, just leave it! Ask tenant can start to find another place to go!

Another friend just said that it took him 3 months to rent out his ground floor unit at Linear (upper upper upper bt timah). That said, the MRT construction just outside Linear is nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    bt timah is ulu compared to your place at rivergate. so many development at cebtral area, of course bt timah rent weak.

Another friend just said that it took him 3 months to rent out his ground floor unit at Linear (upper upper upper bt timah). That said, the MRT construction just outside Linear is nasty...
    It is the most amazing place for residential use... This project cannot be used to gauge the overall rental demand...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    It is the most amazing place for residential use... This project cannot be used to gauge the overall rental demand...
    the single most exciting thing about linear is its proximity to

http://www.karusindianrestaurant.com/

The food is very good?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    the single most exciting thing about linear is its proximity to

http://www.karusindianrestaurant.com/

Just got a rental offer from an expat for a OCR unit with 20% more than the existing one. Rental seems to remain strong.

lucky to find good tenants.

Congrats!

My friend's Bt. Timah lease fell through, and she has just gone for almost 2 weeks without a single offer. I asked her if she is using just 1 agent, and she said she's got 4(!).

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just got a rental offer from an expat for a OCR unit with 20% more than the existing one. Rental seems to remain strong.

Just renewed D2 2 bedder from 4.5k to 5k

Congrats!

My friend's Bt. Timah lease fell through, and she has just gone for almost 2 weeks without a single offer. I asked her if she is using just 1 agent, and she said she's got 4(!).
    Maybe it's project age, furnishing or price?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.