Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Sell E-class & upgrade to S-class? Sell 5-series & upgrade to 7-series?
    Sell landed & upgrade to a bigger landed??
    Wow!! The rich really know how to enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Yes, SC is selling his landed property to finance other investment. Which also mean that landed property at current price is no longer an attractive investment proposition. Perhaps thats the reason why Wingtai chairman is also putting his GCB on the market.
    hmm, he may not need the money but he certainly feels that landed cannot run anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Sell E-class & upgrade to S-class? Sell 5-series & upgrade to 7-series?
    Sell landed & upgrade to a bigger landed??
    Wow!! The rich really know how to enjoy life
    sell 7 series & upgrade to s class!

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    hmm, he may not need the money but he certainly feels that landed cannot run anymore
    If he feels that landed cannot run anymore.. then you have to interview & ask him why again buy back landed pty lor.. somemore buy into a bigger one

Like some ppl.. after tried out Merc.. change to BMW.. later sigh already change to Audi.. & later Jaguar, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    it is pretty obvious, if not he would have just keep it and wait for appreciation. Why sell and then buy later with ABSD and all that CMs.

I am also guessing that another possible reason for shifting is because of the D'Leedon project that is towering above all the GCB around that area.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

it is pretty obvious, if not he would have just keep it and wait for appreciation. Why sell and then buy later with ABSD and all that CMs.

I am also guessing that another possible reason for shifting is because of the D'Leedon project that is towering above all the GCB around that area.
    Then why keep the Swettenham GCB? Might as well sell that too since you claim that landed is no longer an attractive proposition.

So are you saying that every rich or prominent person who sells off his GCB is because he/she feels that landed has no more potential?

If he feels that landed cannot run anymore.. then you have to interview & ask him why again buy back landed pty lor.. somemore buy into a bigger one

Like some ppl.. after tried out Merc.. change to BMW.. later sigh already change to Audi.. & later Jaguar, etc..
    He would have kept the cornwall GCB as investment property if he thinks that is upside to it. I think he made the right move to sell and to move away from Cornwall due to the bad fengshui of having D'Leedon towering over his GCB.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

He would have kept the cornwall GCB as investment property if he thinks that is upside to it. I think he made the right move to sell and to move away from Cornwall due to the bad fengshui of having D'Leedon towering over his GCB.
    If scare block by condo, just move to condo lor.. better still highest floor..
    But he die die want landed pty!!
    Like you said, oh so is just the fengshui issue..

So I know already.. Landed is the way to go!!! Thanks for the finding of why he sold Cornwall just to move to a better one

Gate of hell is opening soon.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100814973

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....Hope you are right. I am waiting for this moment too...

Gate of hell is opening soon.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100814973

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57590075/fed-says-it-will-continue-$85b-in-bond-purchases/

Fed says it will continue $85B in bond purchases a month...........

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57590075/fed-says-it-will-continue-$85b-in-bond-purchases/

Has been for awhile,

Taper Tipoff? Bernanke Hints Easing End Is Nearing

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100828661

Whether or not.. this thread is referring to "Land Storm is Coming" only.. so Non-Landed not affected..

So I will wait at the sideline.. later can sell my condo at $1-mil higher.. & buy my Luxus Hills at $1-mil lower at approx $2-mil

You have a sense of humour...

Whether or not.. this thread is referring to "Land Storm is Coming" only.. so Non-Landed not affected..

So I will wait at the sideline.. later can sell my condo at $1-mil higher.. & buy my Luxus Hills at $1-mil lower at approx $2-mil

Default 2012 PropNex 3Q CEO Address

2013 PropNex Annual Convention - CEO Address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMO1zxjxEc
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Why the sudden interest in Propnex CEO speech?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    sell nassim buy lots of nissin
    Nissin is listed meh ?

For those still clinging on to their over leveraged landed property, you might want to consider cashing out before the storm..

WingTai chairmen is selling his trophy GCB at Nissim, transaction for GCB is at all time low despite all the theory about influx of rich chinese new citizen while not realizing that money laundering could be something of the past for Singapore.
    Brother Ringo, you are a genius ! In our previous lives, you must be my twin brother !

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    Brother Ringo, you are a genius ! In our previous lives, you must be my twin brother !
    with the new cooling measure, the pace of fall will be even faster.

But if the landed is in or near JLD, it won't be affected, right ?

you are right....everyone can only afford MM now and then the price of MM will rise and become more expensive than terrace due to overwhelming demand...

someone mention that there is no more asset based lending, so rich tai tai will have to take up some part time job somewhere before they can buy landed property liao.

someone mention that there is no more asset based lending, so rich tai tai will have to take up some part time job somewhere before they can buy landed property liao.
    So your view now is that rich tai tais are buying up landed?

Didn't you point out that 84% of landed buyers buy for their own stay?

I wonder how the refinancing criteria will affect those who buy multiple investment properties like MM...

http://www.mas.gov.sg/FAQs.aspx

They have considered this group of people. There are very clear cut conditions (owner occupied, single loan, etc) that this new rule will not be applied to. As I have said, it seems that the ruling is targeting multiple property owners who are using rental to cover loan payments.

Q3 Do MAS’ TDSR rules apply to re-financed loans? If so, would this
    prevent borrowers from re-financing their loans at lower interest rates,
    resulting in financial hardship?
    A3 In general, the TDSR rules apply to re-financed loans, but MAS will
    exempt existing borrowers that are seeking to re-finance their mortgages if
    they are owner-occupiers, and where –
    (i) the option to purchase (OTP) the residential property was granted
    prior to 29 June 2013;
    (ii) the residential property is the only property owned by the
    borrower (either by himself or jointly);
    (iii) the borrower is one of the occupiers of the residential property;
    (iv) the borrower does not have any outstanding loan for the purchase
    of any other property or the re-financing of such a loan, apart
    from the residential property being re-financed; and
    (v) the borrower does not have any outstanding loan (either in his
    own name or jointly with another borrower) otherwise secured on
    any property, including the residential property being re-financed,
    or the re-financing of such a loan.
    An FI should obtain documentary evidence to verify (i) to (v).1

Buying landed property for own stay doesnt mean you are excluded from the new rules.

Considering that the average household income of landed dweller is around $25K (according to household income report published by government), so the average total loan gearing for the landed household will be limited to around $15,000 per month (60% of $25k) and this is inclusive of car loan, home loan, credit cards, and loans which the owner might have taken out for A&A or rebuilding their precious landed property.

As for the question about MM investment property. MM prices will continue to chiong because buyers or investors who are marginalized by the new ruling will have to buy something of lower quantum in order not to break the 60% ceiling. Beside, as investment properties are not for consumption, the rental will help supplement the gross income of mortgagers.

And there also an option call repricing instead of refinancing. For those who doesnt have a mortgage to his name will not understand this fact.

In fact ever since the Jan 2013 cooling measures, refinancing is already not an option for many.

You are making an assumption that new buyers have the same income levels as existing landed owners.

Also, the income stats do not tell us how much cash or liquid assets these landed occupiers have.It also does not show how much gearing they currently have for their landed property Your stats refer to existing landed occupiers so it means that they have already acquired their property with either cash or historical loans.

I wasn't only talking about new loan applicants but also on the new criteria for refinancing. Who will be affected more? A landed owner who had bought a single house for owner occupation or a buyer with multiple small investment properties?

You did show that roughly 84% of landed owners buy for own stay right?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    You are making an assumption that new buyers have the same income levels as existing landed owners.

STATISTIC IS PUBLISHED BY GOVERNMENT. NOT MY ASSUMPTION

Also, the income stats do not tell us how much cash or liquid assets these landed occupiers have.It also does not show how much gearing they currently have for their landed property Your stats refer to existing landed occupiers so it means that they have already acquired their property with either cash or historical loans.

THIS IS ASSUMPTION, BASELESS ONE AS WELL. NO FACTS NO FIGURE ONLY BIG TALK. ANOTHER WINGTAI DINNER FOR SUPER RICH NONSENSE

I wasn't only talking about new loan applicants but also on the new criteria for refinancing. Who will be affected more? A landed owner who had bought a single house for owner occupation or a buyer with multiple small investment properties?

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REPRICING OR REFINANCING FOR NEW LOAN, SO I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT NEW LOAN APPLICATION.

You did show that roughly 84% of landed owners buy for own stay right?

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDNT READ THE FIRST SENTENCE OF MY EARLIER POST. SELECTIVE READING OR LIMITED READING CAPACITY?

please dont waste time on this thread if you dont have any statistic or even logic to support your arguments.

(The following explores the goal of making an investment. That it is posted on a Landed thread is pretty much irrelevant, for it applies to any instrument of investment grade. I used simplified, and indeed generalized, stock market scenario to illustrate. Indeed it applies to the bond market, forex, options etc.)

How do the stock markets work? Why a stock market would turn into a bull market, peak, and then turn into a bear market?

A bull market happens not by accident. It would happen when the economic and demographic conditions exist to allow the big-money to start a bull-drive, the goal of which is to suck in more & more public participation, for the public to commit more & more of its savings, to attain the highest price of the big-money's initial investment of stock.

As the bull-drive takes its course, the big-money monitors the economic & demographic conditions to determine when to terminate the bull-drive. In almost all the cases, the unwinding would start at the peak of liquidity. Some players would also establish short positions before unwinding, therefore making returns in both up and down direction in price movement.

For small traders, like myself, we are always mindful what the big-money is doing. If you like, we are in essence making a living from the crumbs left by the big-money.

Coming back to the Landed sector, I think that an investor would have thought of when to exit, BEFORE making an investment there such as buying old landed to rebuild.

How do you gauge when to exit? For me, there are simple rules:

- Sell when the market is still going up,

- Sell when the returns is reasonably good enough, such as +300% of capital deployed over 2 or 3 years,

- Sell when the buyer profile is starting to change.

I believe that for most investors, buying is the easy part, and selling is the difficult part. Why? Think about it, and you would get the answer yourself.

Cheers!

please dont waste time on this thread if you dont have any statistic or even logic to support your arguments.
    Doesn' the big red statements in caps look familiar. Reminds you of someone.

Since you have shown that 84% of landed buyers buy for own stay, why would the bulk of landed owners sell unless they are offered a price they cannot resist or can no longer afford their loan financing. This is the roof over their heads.

Since most of them have secured their loans way back in the past, they would have no worries. Even if they need to seek refinancing, the rules favour owner occupier residences rather than investment properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    (The following explores the goal of making an investment. That it is posted on a Landed thread is pretty much irrelevant, for it applies to any instrument of investment grade. I used simplified, and indeed generalized, stock market scenario to illustrate. Indeed it applies to the bond market, forex, options etc.)

How do the stock markets work? Why a stock market would turn into a bull market, peak, and then turn into a bear market?

A bull market happens not by accident. It would happen when the economic and demographic conditions exist to allow the big-money to start a bull-drive, the goal of which is to suck in more & more public participation, for the public to commit more & more of its savings, to attain the highest price of the big-money's initial investment of stock.
    The public usually have herd mentality.

As the bull-drive takes its course, the big-money monitors the economic & demographic conditions to determine when to terminate the bull-drive. In almost all the cases, the unwinding would start at the peak of liquidity. Some players would also establish short positions before unwinding, therefore making returns in both up and down direction in price movement.
    This big - money you are referring refers to the big boys, right?
    Btw, is the FED considered one of them?

For small traders, like myself, we are always mindful what the big-money is doing. If you like, we are in essence making a living from the crumbs left by the big-money.
    Lol, bottom feeders?

Coming back to the Landed sector, I think that an investor would have thought of when to exit, BEFORE making an investment there such as buying old landed to rebuild.

How do you gauge when to exit? For me, there are simple rules:

- Sell when the market is still going up,

- Sell when the returns is reasonably good enough, such as +300% of capital deployed over 2 or 3 years,

- Sell when the buyer profile is starting to change.

I believe that for most investors, buying is the easy part, and selling is the difficult part. Why? Think about it, and you would get the answer yourself.

Cheers!
    I believe that most who buy FH or 999y landed are not investors of their landed but buying for own stay.
    They are likely to sell it when there are compelling reasons eg need money, need to split asset, children move out of house.
    They are unlikey to buy the landed to rent it out.

If I am staying in a 999y or FH landed, and even if it has appreciated 300%, if there is no pressing need to sell, and if there is unlikely any changes in family dynamics , I won't sell.
    I consider it a legacy that can be passed down to the next generation.