Thread: LTA eyes widening of Pasir Panjang Road by 2017

Default LTA eyes widening of Pasir Panjang Road by 2017

http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistic...jang-road-2017

LTA eyes widening of Pasir Panjang Road by 2017

The 3.9km stretch will have dual two-lanes.
    The Land Transport Authority will be widening a 3.9km stretch of Pasir Panjang Road and West Coast Road between South Buona Vista Road and West Coast Link to facilitate smoother traffic flow.
    This stretch of road is currently a dual one-lane road that serves as a key connection to the Science Park and West Coast areas. When widened to dual two-lanes, it will increase the overall road capacity to meet the expected increase in traffic volumes due to new developments along the West Coast corridor as well as within Science Park. The widening will also facilitate smoother movement for buses.
    LTA has been improving the overall road network along the entire West Coast Road corridor progressively. In 2011, LTA completed the construction of a flyover at the junction of West Coast Highway and Clementi Road, as well as improved the traffic junction at Clementi Road.
    LTA will call a tender for the project in the coming weeks. The widening works are expected to begin in the 4th quarter of 2013 and complete by the 1st quarter of 2017. The contractors engaged by LTA will erect temporary barriers where possible to minimise noise and any inconvenience to residents and occupants living or working in close proximity to the works.
    To facilitate the widening works, the Government will need to acquire private lands along Pasir Panjang Road under the Land Acquisition Act. No buildings are affected.
    Only areas such as fencing, drains, open spaces and grass verges are affected. The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) has gazetted the lands affected by the acquisition. Landowners who are directly affected will receive the acquisition notices today.

with 7mil population coming lta better buck up
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

The Pasir Panjang road definitely need to be widen has traffic during peak hour is horrid.

Once this is complete then perhaps they could be potential of running a new MRT line that connects future West Coast station to Har Paw station.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    The Pasir Panjang road definitely need to be widen has traffic during peak hour is horrid.

Once this is complete then perhaps they could be potential of running a new MRT line that connects future West Coast station to Har Paw station.

good luck to all the owners along that road ... either lose a bit of your land or the entire house ...

as for condos ... noise noise noise and dust dust dust ...

LTA should widen east coast road ...

although its most part 2 lanes on each direction ... with the carparking lots and inconsiderate stopping along the road Regardless peak or non peak ..
    the stretch between Tanjong Katong and Still road ... is a perpetual nightmare ...

Don't widen road, say Pasir Panjang residents

They also asked Mr Lim, the Minister for Trade and Industry and MP for West Coast GRC, to support their request that the Urban Redevelopment Authority consult Pasir Panjang Private Estate Association residents on the issue before it is implemented.

Mr Nick Jacobs, one of the letter's authors, said any congestion is largely caused by buses stopping along the road. "Traffic can be improved by implementing bus bays," he said. "Widening doesn't necessarily solve the problem. It will encourage more people to use the road."

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced last week that a 3.9km stretch of Pasir Panjang Road and West Coast Road between South Buona Vista Road and West Coast Link will be expanded from one lane each way to two in each direction.

Mr Jacobs, 41, a public relations director, noted that the project includes building a direct link between Science Park Road and West Coast Highway. This removes the need to widen Pasir Panjang Road as much of the traffic in the area comes from Science Park, he added.

Mr Ben Low, an executive committee member of the association who has lived in the area for 25 years, said traffic is mostly light except for between 7.30am and 8.30am, and from 5pm to 7pm. The 63-year-old added: "You don't burn the house just to catch the rat... if more bus bays can be built, there won't be any traffic congestion.

An LTA spokesman said Pasir Panjang Road and West Coast Road serve as the primary means of access to nearby residential estates, offices, eating places, religious facilities and research and educational institutes.

"The traffic plying along this stretch is currently facing constant delay due to obstruction such as buses stopping at the bus stops, vehicles making right turns into developments, as well as other roadside activities."

Widening the stretch to two lanes each way and adding a direct link will increase overall road capacity to meet the anticipated increase in traffic volume from future developments, the spokesman said.

He added that road alignment will minimise the number of trees affected and even more trees will be planted after the works are completed.

Still, residents hope the plan can be rethought. Mr Low said: "Even if they replant the trees, a newly transplanted one is different from a 50-year one."

Stretch of Pasir Panjang Road to be widened by 2017
    Royston Sim Straits Times 25 Apr 13;

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will widen a 3.9km stretch of Pasir Panjang Road and West Coast Road between South Buona Vista Road and West Coast Link to meet an expected increase in traffic in the area.

The stretch of road, which currently has one lane in each direction, will be widened to two lanes each way. The LTA said this will provide additional road capacity to cater to new developments along the West Coast corridor and within Science Park.

A tender will be called in the coming weeks. Widening works are expected to begin in the fourth quarter of this year and completed by the first quarter of 2017. Contractors will erect temporary barriers where possible to minimise noise from construction.

The authorities added that they will acquire some private land along Pasir Panjang Road to widen the road. No buildings however are affected and only areas such as fencing, drains, open spaces and grass verges will be acquired. Landowners that are directly affected will receive an acquisition notice on Thursday.

http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.sg...njang.html?m=1
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

There are a few reasons why I love Pasir Panjang.

1. It is really quiet.
    2. People say jam during peak hrs.... It really is not bad... I have been staying there for 17 years. Prior to that, I was in Bishan and the jam there was worst.
    3. It goes against peak hour traffic. So I save time on traveling.
    4. It is really quick to reach key destinations.

As much as I dislike the road widening, which would very likely remove some trees along the way, no choice lah....

Now we know why there is a mrt in haw par. I have always wondered why???? It's because of the underground science park and the future residential when the port moves out. Hahahahahaha

Those landed at main road quite siong.... They now park their cars on the driveway. With the road widening, no more such luxury....

When the road widening starts, I think I better shift to my other condos. Hahahahahaha

PP is a gem. Quiet, rustic, near to city, popular with expats, never problems to rent out. After mrt came on, total no brainer.

With the making over of the new PP and with more & more new apartment.. think is necessary to widen the road along PP before is too late or not possible to do so later on

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    With the making over of the new PP and with more & more new apartment.. think is necessary to widen the road along PP before is too late or not possible to do so later on
    Brudder, life is as such. When u stay there and when u have investments, u look at it differently. I stay there, so I would love the quaint feel. But I also have 2 other investment units there and very happy. Mixed feelings. Hahahaha

Agree, govt need to be forward looking

I really pity those residential developments that are located in between West Coast Highway and PP road.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I really pity those residential developments that are located in between West Coast Highway and PP road.
    Why???

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Why???

On one side you have the West Coast Highway, which eventually will get widen and turn into an Expressway to facilitate further development along PP. On the other side you have the PP road which is going to get widen to facilitate traffic coming off the expressway or even future MRT station.

On one side you have the West Coast Highway, which eventually will get widen and turn into an Expressway to facilitate further development along PP. On the other side you have the PP road which is going to get widen to facilitate traffic coming off the expressway or even future MRT station.
    Bro, for staying.... I may agree with you.... Why??? noise from both side... I actually have 1 unit smack there... Hahahahaha..... But if you stay in the middle, you hardly can hear the road noise... But if your unit face west coast highway... The noise can be shitty... But when the development spring up, what will happen to the prices in that area????

An example is One North.... Look what happened to the condo around there??? Another is JLD.... So we need to determine if it is capital gains or as a home... Even as a home, if you can tahan all this road widening shit, the price should increase (barring no economic shock).... The rental will increase... You can of course off load it and find your next home sweet home... I believe in long term and short term... So just need to figure out what you want from life???? Hahahahaha

Those who went in early to JLD reaped the rewards.... Those who went in early Marina, reaped the rewards...

So the question is - what is the potential of this area???? from an investment point....

Another project which got hit in the early 90s was Tulip Garden. When it was knowned that roadworks will be carried out, prices dropped.... Look at it now.... Hahahaha...

So agree and disagree - depend on how one look at it....

One thing more, we aint gonna see huge upside potential like what we saw in the past.... That's a given....

Bro, for staying.... I may agree with you.... Why??? noise from both side... I actually have 1 unit smack there... Hahahahaha..... But if you stay in the middle, you hardly can hear the road noise... But if your unit face west coast highway... The noise can be shitty... But when the development spring up, what will happen to the prices in that area????

An example is One North.... Look what happened to the condo around there??? Another is JLD.... So we need to determine if it is capital gains or as a home... Even as a home, if you can tahan all this road widening shit, the price should increase (barring no economic shock).... The rental will increase... You can of course off load it and find your next home sweet home... I believe in long term and short term... So just need to figure out what you want from life???? Hahahahaha

Those who went in early to JLD reaped the rewards.... Those who went in early Marina, reaped the rewards...

So the question is - what is the potential of this area???? from an investment point....

Another project which got hit in the early 90s was Tulip Garden. When it was knowned that roadworks will be carried out, prices dropped.... Look at it now.... Hahahaha...

So agree and disagree - depend on how one look at it....

One thing more, we aint gonna see huge upside potential like what we saw in the past.... That's a given....
    The transacted price of property around PP area has already been poor as compared to other area in D5. Be it cluster housing or condo etc. The only upside I can think of for that area is when MRT line cut across PP road. Which is has a high possibility in say 15 to 20 years time, after LTA completed the CRL and JRL.

The transacted price of property around PP area has already been poor as compared to other area in D5. Be it cluster housing or condo etc. The only upside I can think of for that area is when MRT line cut across PP road. Which is has a high possibility in say 15 to 20 years time, after LTA completed the CRL and JRL.
    Bro, my unit already more than doubled.... Look at peak @ balmeg, Whitehaven, Parc Imperial.... Hahahahaha

The unit I bot during peak @ 1.4Mil already now stands at 1.9mil. Hahahaha

Because of the low plot ratio in PP, the density is low.... So minimal transactions resulting in less sales... Many in PP are staying... Very minimal speculations....

Property machiam like stocks... Those high volume will see movement... Low volume - low movement... So more caveats during up swing - price higher... More caveats during downswing - price lower...

Anyway, property movement wont be a lot during the next few years.... That's why I now doing other investments... Hahahahaha

I just keeping my properties for my retirement passive income.... Hahahaha

Bro, my unit already more than doubled.... Look at peak @ balmeg, Whitehaven, Parc Imperial.... Hahahahaha

The unit I bot during peak @ 1.4Mil already now stands at 1.9mil. Hahahaha

Because of the low plot ratio in PP, the density is low.... So minimal transactions resulting in less sales... Many in PP are staying... Very minimal speculations....

Property machiam like stocks... Those high volume will see movement... Low volume - low movement... So more caveats during up swing - price higher... More caveats during downswing - price lower...

Anyway, property movement wont be a lot during the next few years.... That's why I now doing other investments... Hahahahaha

I just keeping my properties for my retirement passive income.... Hahahaha
    The Peak@ and PI is different because they have got MRT at their door step. And thats why I am saying the only upside for that PP area is if MRT line cut across that area.

The only set back about that area is also the lack of schools. If you search onemap, the nearest one is perhaps near Dover area.

Brudder, life is as such. When u stay there and when u have investments, u look at it differently. I stay there, so I would love the quaint feel. But I also have 2 other investment units there and very happy. Mixed feelings. Hahahaha

Agree, govt need to be forward looking
    I love PP too ...

I remember when I used to live there ...( still have investment there) .. friends always said " wow so far" ...

they thought its Bkt Panjang ..

but I always tell them .. from the time my car leaves my gate ..to Singapore Land tower ... where I used to work .. its no more than 10 mins .. 1 start work before 8am ..

I took a bus home once .. from ORQ to PP ... during evening peak hr ..
    alight and walked home ..total 28 mins ...

yes I pity those living along the road ...which govt is planning to widen ..

perhaps LTA should spend their money to widen east coast road first ..

there are MORE condos, more cars, more buses, more illegal stopping, more illegal parking... etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    I love PP too ...

I remember when I used to live there ...( still have investment there) .. friends always said " wow so far" ...

they thought its Bkt Panjang ..

but I always tell them .. from the time my car leaves my gate ..to Singapore Land tower ... where I used to work .. its no more than 10 mins .. 1 start work before 8am ..

I took a bus home once .. from ORQ to PP ... during evening peak hr ..
    alight and walked home ..total 28 mins ...

yes I pity those living along the road ...which govt is planning to widen ..

perhaps LTA should spend their money to widen east coast road first ..

there are MORE condos, more cars, more buses, more illegal stopping, more illegal parking... etc ...
    Bro, I think the widening is because of the science park underground centre.