Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenobi-wan wants soft landing with a very long long long long long long landing path

Default Kenobi-wan wants soft landing with a very long long long long long long landing path

watched the news, conservation with commoners

he said if hard landing many suffer so must engineer soft landing

for soft landing u need very long long long long long long long long long landing path

quote:

Comparing resale prices to aeroplanes, Mr Khaw told Singaporeans that time will be needed to slowly moderate prices without "hurting a lot of people", just as an aeroplane would require "a very long runway" to achieve a gentle landing.

ok any guess year 2020 for aeroplane to land softly?

so 1st timers waiting for crash for yowetan waiting for Mt Senile, just buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy
    Ride at your own risk !!!

of course, as part of the plan to have a very soft landing, Kenobi-wan will please the lemmings by offering a 4y annual salary BTO:

He said, “I am fairly confident of being able to do it but some groups already anticipate transitional problems, which is what I got to sort out. If yesterday you bought (a flat) at five and half years’ salary and tomorrow HDB announces a new pricing package, which is only (priced at) four years’ salary, you are going to cry ‘blue murder’ right?”

“Therefore, I think we should not be prevented from offering a new pricing model but obviously there must be a distinct differentiation between the two products to explain why one is five and a half years and the one is four years.”

He added that MND and HDB will need to sort out this issue over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    of course, as part of the plan to have a very soft landing, Kenobi-wan will please the lemmings by offering a 4y annual salary BTO:

He said, “I am fairly confident of being able to do it but some groups already anticipate transitional problems, which is what I got to sort out. If yesterday you bought (a flat) at five and half years’ salary and tomorrow HDB announces a new pricing package, which is only (priced at) four years’ salary, you are going to cry ‘blue murder’ right?”

“Therefore, I think we should not be prevented from offering a new pricing model but obviously there must be a distinct differentiation between the two products to explain why one is five and a half years and the one is four years.”

He added that MND and HDB will need to sort out this issue over the next few months.
    One is 99LH the other is 60LH..... Happy now?

The way he put it.. Sound like you need to wait very loooooooooooong.. then only can see some soft landing

Dun end up like that lionair in bali can liaoz....

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    one can rent out after 5 years other cannot very happy now
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    one can rent out after 5 years other cannot very happy now
    One can sell on resale market other must return to HDB at a certain price... Not very happy

watched the news, conservation with commoners

he said if hard landing many suffer so must engineer soft landing

for soft landing u need very long long long long long long long long long landing path

quote:

Comparing resale prices to aeroplanes, Mr Khaw told Singaporeans that time will be needed to slowly moderate prices without "hurting a lot of people", just as an aeroplane would require "a very long runway" to achieve a gentle landing.

ok any guess year 2020 for aeroplane to land softly?

so 1st timers waiting for crash for yowetan waiting for Mt Senile, just buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy
    Ya. 2020 ERL start digging and improve accessibility to East and notably Changi airport landing runway.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Am thinking along the same lines as u brudder. This also solve the other issue of resale value being overtly high. Nobody wants to buy a 60LH with 30yr remaining lease in future.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

I am very sure many of those who cry for lower bto prices will complain about 60 year lease.

I still prefer they offer higher additional grant/subsidies for the lower income when they buy a bto and leave the prices untouched.

A couple with combined income of 10k work out to be 120k annually and 4 times of that will be 480k which is well within the current bto prices.

Staggering additional grant and subsidies for those lower income to lower the overall prices to match 4times of their annual salary will be better. Of course, it has to be based on median 4rm flat prices in the outskirts.

It does not make sense to offer more grants to those with 5k income and choose to apply 5rm flat.

HDB is the only form of social security that exist in sg. As long u own one of them, u will never go hungry. U. Can rent them, borrow money from them or sell them.

Asking for a weaker form of HDB (shorter leasehold or resale restriction) is actually allowing more people to go into dire straights when they fall into hard time. In the end instead market force (in the form of rental, loans, or high resale value that in touch with inflation) that help them, now the gov is forced to help them directly.

Because of HDB there is less poverty in sg. Although it has its weakness, its one of the best housing system in the world. Any minister that is bold enough to tinker with the system, has the potential to be label "the one that finally destroyed Singapore".

EC scheme going to change soon too.... those still got chance to buy EC better quickly go buy, don't wait and MTB again...hahaha

Govt should allow 2 different kind of BTO.

1) $100k-150k subsidy for whiners but only allowed to resell back to HDB at same purchase price and no rental allowed. Afterall they just want a place to stay as thy mentioned.

2) BTO sold as per the current market

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann80
    Govt should allow 2 different kind of BTO.

1) $100k-150k subsidy for whiners but only allowed to resell back to HDB at same purchase price and no rental allowed. Afterall they just want a place to stay as thy mentioned.

2) BTO sold as per the current market
    Seems like a good idea for some, a worry for others.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I am very sure many of those who cry for lower bto prices will complain about 60 year lease.

I still prefer they offer higher additional grant/subsidies for the lower income when they buy a bto and leave the prices untouched.
    Who will cry for the laymen who contribute at least $2000 plus diligently to the garmen coffer yearly so that garmen can accumulate for 15 years to a value of $30000 and give to young / old couples to buy BTO with the $30000 grant?

To all tax payers, including all SC/PR/Foreigner, thank you for contributing to nation building. I salute you all. Keep up the good work.

If complain somemore.. KBW will give another 30% for the BTO flat.. But is 30-yr LH

@rysk I thought there is 30y LH HDB studio apartment for senior citizens liao (and at mature estate)

that means there is a cash out option for senior citizens when they decide to SKI (spend kid inheritance)

but young graduates are asking for it make no sense

but there is one possibility that 30/60 LH at 200k cheaper may appeal to high flyers too ... buy one and then get Mt Senile (b4 that too much money stuck at HDB, not enough to downpay Mt Senile)

yowetan, tiao bo?

Get 40% discount & go choose a 60-yr LH BTO..
    A far 30% discount can choose a 30-yr LH BTO..
    So dun complain BTO flat is unaffordable.. Moreover KBW ardy said they are losing $$ by supplying BTO flats..

A couple with combined income of 10k work out to be 120k annually and 4 times of that will be 480k which is well within the current bto prices.

Staggering additional grant and subsidies for those lower income to lower the overall prices to match 4times of their annual salary will be better. Of course, it has to be based on median 4rm flat prices in the outskirts.

It does not make sense to offer more grants to those with 5k income and choose to apply 5rm flat.
    unfortunately, i believe the mean family income is not in this range. it is probably much less than that. Maybe at 6k/month. Not too sure but do not think is 10k.

HDB is the only form of social security that exist in sg. As long u own one of them, u will never go hungry. U. Can rent them, borrow money from them or sell them.

Asking for a weaker form of HDB (shorter leasehold or resale restriction) is actually allowing more people to go into dire straights when they fall into hard time. In the end instead market force (in the form of rental, loans, or high resale value that in touch with inflation) that help them, now the gov is forced to help them directly.

Because of HDB there is less poverty in sg. Although it has its weakness, its one of the best housing system in the world. Any minister that is bold enough to tinker with the system, has the potential to be label "the one that finally destroyed Singapore".
    Thank you indomie, your words really enlightening. Great post!

I think u are right. worst would be a 60 yr lease and a 30 year lease.

Because the PR population increase and the cost of leaving back home is still lower when they are near retirement age, they will want to go back.

Its the same scene I see. The people selling rotiprata / mutabak in Singapore keeps changing one come over train the other and go off ..

so its going to be like a guard house situation. stay here work, give birth back home because healthcare and services cheaper. Exchange rate in SG higher, so even pay freeze, they get a pay rise. win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    unfortunately, i believe the mean family income is not in this range. it is probably much less than that. Maybe at 6k/month. Not too sure but do not think is 10k.
    Base on the Singaporean mindset is to marry at 29 . Assuming a NTU grad with another NTU grad. starting at 2800 permonth when at 21/22 yrs old.

Compounded rate of pay rise at 3% over 8 years would make it 3500X2 = 7K

I think about right 6 - 7 K.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    Base on the Singaporean mindset is to marry at 29 . Assuming a NTU grad with another NTU grad. starting at 2800 permonth when at 21/22 yrs old.

Compounded rate of pay rise at 3% over 8 years would make it 3500X2 = 7K

I think about right 6 - 7 K.
    obsolete liao ... median pay about 3k already, marriage probably delayed to 32

median month family income in 2012 is 7.5kpm (since ppl are marrying late, not surprising median family income is becoming higher)

obsolete liao ... median pay about 3k already, marriage probably delayed to 32

median month family income in 2012 is 7.5kpm (since ppl are marrying late, not surprising median family income is becoming higher)
    ok .. point taken. So 10K is a little off ..

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    ok .. point taken. So 10K is a little off ..
    those > 12k including employer CPF (so exclude employer CPF > 10k loh) are not in small # too (25%), how else our GDP per capita is so high

% for household earning > 12k including employer CPF in 2012

12-13k 3.3%
    13k-14k 2.6%
    14k-15k 2.2%
    15k and above 16.9%

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    That is why i mentioned staggering grants for lower income(less than 10k)

Ppl always say HDB is as good as "freehold". so does it matter whether is 60LH or 99LH? isnt it better to pay for cheaper a 60LH "freehold" than 99LH "freehold"?

What Tharma/Kenobi-wan is praying for ... a soft landing long long long long path (in yellow) ... if in red is too risky