Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: KAP Residences

My agent told me KAP residential is 100% sold liao. Left a few commercial units.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Yes, one bedr at suites de laurel between $3-3.5k, just across the road from kap
    Hi Regulator & all, I would like to seek your opinion here, if you have the option now to choose among the 2 below. which one do you think a better buy?

1. KAP 1+S unit selling for about 950K (TOP only in 2018, 4-5 years more)
    2. Suites de laurel 1 bedder selling for 890K (ready + tenanted for 3.2K)

SdL is just beside the flyover n kap is in a better location. But with the prices of the two, SdL would be a more attractive proposition in terms of rental yield. But I must say first two years will be honeymoon phase coz New projects tend to command higher rental at the initial phase but will reduce later when it has lost that New status. Btw if the tenant is a British engineer, he is probably my ex tenant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco
    Hi Regulator & all, I would like to seek your opinion here, if you have the option now to choose among the 2 below. which one do you think a better buy?

1. KAP 1+S unit selling for about 950K (TOP only in 2018, 4-5 years more)
    2. Suites de laurel 1 bedder selling for 890K (ready + tenanted for 3.2K)

Thanks Regulator! It seems that both have its pro and cons.. anyway, I think it's better for me to wait and see first, hopefully there will be some correction in PC market so that i can have better option & higher rental yield return. Now I started to see some HDB owners are selling their HDB at valuation and some even below valuation which make me curious as PC market looks more stable now than HDB.. what's your view?

SdL is just beside the flyover n kap is in a better location. But with the prices of the two, SdL would be a more attractive proposition in terms of rental yield. But I must say first two years will be honeymoon phase coz New projects tend to command higher rental at the initial phase but will reduce later when it has lost that New status. Btw if the tenant is a British engineer, he is probably my ex tenant.

Sold Out in 2 weeks time for all residential unit at an average of 1.7k psf...
    Really fast n unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Tan80000
    Sold Out in 2 weeks time for all residential unit at an average of 1.7k psf...
    Really fast n unbelievable...
    $1.7kpsf price is too good to be true. But since it turned out true, the effect is people just cheong.

With prices at AMK already going above $1.8k psf and one even went above $1.9k psf, I wonder why there are buyers who decided not to buy KAP...

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    $1.7kpsf price is too good to be true. But since it turned out true, the effect is people just cheong.

With prices at AMK already going above $1.8k psf and one even went above $1.9k psf, I wonder why there are buyers who decided not to buy KAP...

I prefer casa esperanza ..... quiet ... big ....

Sunboy, judging from your below comment, i guess you have purchased at least 1 unit at KAP.. right?

Sunboy, judging from your below comment, i guess you have purchased at least 1 unit at KAP.. right?
    Nope I did not. No money.
    But my uncle did cos I advised him to.
    I am referring to those who has moola to invest, went to see KAP, and yet still feel KAP is not worth the money.

I see, Sunboy.. may i know if your uncle have to pay for ABSD, other another words, is this is 2nd or 3rd house? bcos if this is his 2nd or 3rd house, the PSF will be at least 7% higher than those first property buyer.

Nope I did not. No money.
    But my uncle did cos I advised him to.
    I am referring to those who has moola to invest, went to see KAP, and yet still feel KAP is not worth the money.

I see, Sunboy.. may i know if your uncle have to pay for ABSD, other another words, is this is 2nd or 3rd house? bcos if this is his 2nd or 3rd house, the PSF will be at least 7% higher than those first property buyer.
    His 4th house.

I know what you are trying to get at. But what I meant was, people who went to see KAP already have a few expectations: 1. ABSD is a fact-of-life, whichever property one buys, he already knows he'd have to pay for that if he falls into that category. 2. They are looking for a newly-launched property. These are constants and not variable factors, that buyers already knew when they visit KAP.
    So my puzzlement comes when I see some investors, who are looking for strong rental income, still holding objections about KAP.
    However, please excuse me that I have not classed out those who are buying for own stay. Yes KAP units are indeed a bit small for buyer with a family.

Thanks Sunboy for explaining your view points.. i agree with you that ABSD is now already became a fact of life for most of the ppl but i am still not so optimistic on any project which will take at least 3-4 years to TOP in 2018. Imagine how much cash to be thrown and tied up till TOP. For eg: a 1 bedder at S$1M, a 2nd house buyer will have to fork out cash+CPF of 200K (5% deposit + 15% exercise) plus another 100K for stamp duty (3% default + 7% ABSD), so i am not sure if this is a wise move considering we have to park total cash + CPF (if there is) of about 300K to be parked for 3-4 years before TOP. Perhaps you have different views on this?

His 4th house.

I know what you are trying to get at. But what I meant was, people who went to see KAP already have a few expectations: 1. ABSD is a fact-of-life, whichever property one buys, he already knows he'd have to pay for that if he falls into that category. 2. They are looking for a newly-launched property. These are constants and not variable factors, that buyers already knew when they visit KAP.
    So my puzzlement comes when I see some investors, who are looking for strong rental income, still holding objections about KAP.
    However, please excuse me that I have not classed out those who are buying for own stay. Yes KAP units are indeed a bit small for buyer with a family.

Thanks Sunboy for explaining your view points.. i agree with you that ABSD is now already became a fact of life for most of the ppl but i am still not so optimistic on any project which will take at least 3-4 years to TOP in 2018. Imagine how much cash to be thrown and tied up till TOP. For eg: a 1 bedder at S$1M, a 2nd house buyer will have to fork out cash+CPF of 200K (5% deposit + 15% exercise) plus another 100K for stamp duty (3% default + 7% ABSD), so i am not sure if this is a wise move considering we have to park total cash + CPF (if there is) of about 300K to be parked for 3-4 years before TOP. Perhaps you have different views on this?
    The key question is where to park the spare cash. I would say depends on individual's investment portfolio. If sunboy's uncle already has a few hundred thousands in equity, 3 properties (maybe 1-2 already fully paid), and a few hundred thousands in hard cash, putting it in property may not be a bad idea cos property investment has more leverage and he could use rental income of other properties to support the 4th. The richer becomes richer!

Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many people - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

But I also think it this way: Without ABSD, you will NEVER get averagely $1700psf for KAP, especially when the units are mostly small units. Developers are not stupid to price themselves out of the prevailing market conditions, so they have smartly taken it into account. Jardin is already $1900 - $2000+ psf on the huge units. So without cooling measures, it is not shocking to price KAP even in the region of $2k to $2.5k psf.

Anyway the sales numbers say it for themselves. All units sold within 3 weeks are no mean feat, especially in such market conditions.

Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many people - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

But I also think it this way: Without ABSD, you will NEVER get averagely $1700psf for KAP, especially when the units are mostly small units. Developers are not stupid to price themselves out of the prevailing market conditions, so they have smartly taken it into account. Jardin is already $1900 - $2000+ psf on the huge units. So without cooling measures, it is not shocking to price KAP even in the region of $2k to $2.5k psf.

Anyway the sales numbers say it for themselves. All units sold within 3 weeks are no mean feat, especially in such market conditions.
    Office Boy is proud to say that my prediction is true!
    A few months back, I mentioned that more and more and more people will find paying the ABSD something normal and will take it as a normal tax.

We will see this reported in the news again very very soon.

DKSG

I heard KAP left one unit. Is it true?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I heard KAP left one unit. Is it true?
    Fully sold ma. No?

Rocco I agree totally with you. This ABSD thing is taking a toll on many peole - including buyers, sellers, and agents alike.

Yeah, i fully agree with you the price of KAP is relatively lower than Jardin especially for those 1+S unit in KAP@1800++psf only. if i am not mistaken, Jardin 2 or 3 bedder units were already sold @1800++psf when it was launched back in 3 years ago. i'm really puzzling how can Jardin command such a high psf back in 2010,anyone know whats so special about Jardin?
    Sunboy, i also notice you are active in j gateway discussion, whats your take if compare between J gateway and KAP.

He already suggested river valley is lousy n being near orchard is nothing compared to jld you dare ask him kap better or j gateway ? Lol..
    Yeah, i fully agree with you the price of KAP is relatively lower than Jardin especially for those 1+S unit in KAP@1800++psf only. if i am not mistaken, Jardin 2 or 3 bedder units were already sold @1800++psf when it was launched back in 3 years ago. i'm really puzzling how can Jardin command such a high psf back in 2010,anyone know whats so special about Jardin?
    Sunboy, i also notice you are active in j gateway discussion, whats your take if compare between J gateway and KAP.

I can only conclude it is because Jadin is FAR EAST.

He already suggested river valley is lousy n being near orchard is nothing compared to jld you dare ask him kap better or j gateway ? Lol..
    Hahaha Mr. R is in his own dream land again. I have never at any point said River Valley or Orchard Road projects are worse than the JLD project. What I have said is, it is damn silly to make a blanket statement that ALL properties in prime zones are better than suburban ones as long as prices are the same, doesn't matter how lousy the prime zone project is - be it located in a drain, or in a hill, or at the back lane of a temple. He had also brought out a stupid example of Waterford. When I tried to make him see that the rental income of Waterford is so low to a point that it is not a wiser choice for investors, he tried to bring out capital appreciation. Then when I showed him capital appreciation of Waterford is so miserably slow to a point that it is even lower than Punggol, West Coast and AMK, he got no answer. But he started calling people names and also brought out other irrelevant stuff such as banglas and stuff.

Prime zone properties are of course great for investment. Agree with Mr. R that millionaires and billionaires mostly cheong prime zone properties. But not ALL prime zone properties are investment-worthy. Many suburban properties are a better bet than many prime zone properties, even if they are at the same price.

Yah lor Waterford walking distance to lky's house at oxley n orchard lousier location than your j gateway, havent you been saying that hahaha...go live your dream in bangla paradise , i really couldn't care less. Btw as leesg said , we will all support j gateway , sit back n watch the good show later
    Hahaha Mr. R is in his own dream land again. I have never at any point said River Valley or Orchard Road projects are worse than the JLD project. What I have said is, it is damn silly to make a blanket statement that ALL properties in prime zones are better than suburban ones as long as prices are the same, doesn't matter how lousy the prime zone project is - be it located in a drain, or in a hill, or at the back lane of a temple. He had also brought out a stupid example of Waterford. When I tried to make him see that the rental income of Waterford is so low to a point that it is not a wiser choice for investors, he tried to bring out capital appreciation. Then when I showed him capital appreciation of Waterford is so miserably slow to a point that it is even lower than Punggol, West Coast and AMK, he got no answer. But he started calling people names and also brought out other irrelevant stuff such as banglas and stuff.

Prime zone properties are of course great for investment. Agree with Mr. R that millionaires and billionaires mostly cheong prime zone properties. But not ALL prime zone properties are investment-worthy. Many suburban properties are a better bet than many prime zone properties, even if they are at the same price.

Anyway back to your question.

If both J Gateway and KAP comes out at the same time, and I have the money, I would probably have chosen KAP. Can't really say why but it gives me better vibes. To begin with, you can't find many FH projects near MRT Stations. Secondly, huge catchment for tenants - being near to town and the West where so many education institutions and office spaces prevail. Thirdly, quiet facing on one side. Fourthly, many amenities and good transport network in the neighborhood. Next, the mixed development status with many shops just downstairs. Finally, prices are not exorbitantly high despite having the Bukit Timah address.

All the reasons why I asked my uncle to go for it.

Yah lor Waterford walking distance to lky's house at oxley n orchard lousier location than your j gateway, havent you been saying that hahaha...go live your dream in bangla paradise , i really couldn't care less. Btw as leesg said , we will all support j gateway , sit back n watch the good show later
    Haii... Mr R, can you please just tell us what is good about Waterford in tangible terms? Rental or capital appreciation or what? Till date you still have no answer for us but only capable of making cartoon comments.

If you are used to buying diamonds at gordon max, no amount of convincing u about the value of a natural diamond would work, u can stick to your gordon max
    Haii... Mr R, can you please just tell us what is good about Waterford in tangible terms? Rental or capital appreciation or what? Till date you still have no answer for us but only capable of making cartoon comments.

If you are used to buying diamonds at gordon max, no amount of convincing u about the value of a natural diamond would work, u can stick to your gordon max
    Again, you have no answer.

Watching Sunboy77 and Regulators fight from one thread to another

EXCITING!

I am enjoying their debate. Each has their own points although some unneccesary sacarsm.

Much better than that someone who collects rental from parents, in laws, bro in law, dogs.

Sunboy, thanks for the explanation. I like your straight-to-the-point analysis, I believe you are already a successful investor..

Anyway back to your question.

If both J Gateway and KAP comes out at the same time, and I have the money, I would probably have chosen KAP. Can't really say why but it gives me better vibes. To begin with, you can't find many FH projects near MRT Stations. Secondly, huge catchment for tenants - being near to town and the West where so many education institutions and office spaces prevail. Thirdly, quiet facing on one side. Fourthly, many amenities and good transport network in the neighborhood. Next, the mixed development status with many shops just downstairs. Finally, prices are not exorbitantly high despite having the Bukit Timah address.

All the reasons why I asked my uncle to go for it.

For filing

http://www.shareinvestor.com/news/ne...ress&nid=46856

Oxley: Acquisition Of 11 King Albert Park For S$150 Million.
    11 Apr 2012 12:06

Oxley Holdings Limited is pleased to announce that the Company's currently wholly-owned subsidiary, Oxley Sanctuary Pte. Ltd., had on 10 April 2012 exercised an option to purchase all seven strata commercial units in the development situated at 11 King Albert Park, Singapore 598292 from Valewood Investments Pte Ltd at a purchase price of S$150,000,000. The Property comprises a freehold 2-storey commercial building which is sited on a land area of 5,534.8 square metres that is zoned for commercial and residential use with a plot ratio of 3. The Group intends to redevelop the Property, subject to obtaining all the necessary approvals from the relevant authorities.

Last edited by ecimbew; 16-06-13 at 23:44.