Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: KAP Residences

Hi, newbie here. I bought a level 1 commercial unit at KAP actually. Anyone here also bought? Trying to see if can find neighbour shop owner here. Understand that existing shops will only vacate in end 14, construction work should take 2-3 yrs if goes smoothly. Hence, only need to start paying interest after they begin work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff
    Hi, newbie here. I bought a level 1 commercial unit at KAP actually. Anyone here also bought? Trying to see if can find neighbour shop owner here. Understand that existing shops will only vacate in end 14, construction work should take 2-3 yrs if goes smoothly. Hence, only need to start paying interest after they begin work.
    Hi...how much did you pay for?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...how much did you pay for?
    $2+mil. Got it during the launch that Tuesday. Went in for balloting and got it.

$2+mil. Got it during the launch that Tuesday. Went in for balloting and got it.
    You intending to run your own business in this commercial unit? If not, why are you so optimistic over the outlook of commercial unit?

I understand bank will still loan you 80%-90% LTV for commercial unit but what motivates you then if the first statement mention does not stand true.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    You intending to run your own business in this commercial unit? If not, why are you so optimistic over the outlook of commercial unit?

I understand bank will still loan you 80%-90% LTV for commercial unit but what motivates you then if the first statement mention does not stand true.
    Not for own business, also not for flipping - looking as a long term investment. Well, there is yield compression everywhere now, except for overseas property. I am more optimistic over commercial than residential.

sorry but such tiny units may result in many vacant units like Thomson V Two.

too many speculators, high rental, no one rent. since u r so optimisstic on this commercial unit and has the holding power, then good luck to u.

Not for own business, also not for flipping - looking as a long term investment. Well, there is yield compression everywhere now, except for overseas property. I am more optimistic over commercial than residential.
    Hi...thanks for sharing your confidence level in property market.

All the best.

I am still looking around for my Mt Sinai property.

Buy commercial only if you need one, not for investment as not all commercial properties in mixed development can attract the right tenants.

Congrats !

When you need to ballot to get a unit (by the way, how many cheques they collected for your unit?), what do you think ?

Watch out for more commercial launches coming up at higher and higher prices.

Retail shops price escalation is just beginning, come back here 1 year later to see how much valuation would have increased.

Office Boy bought a retail shop last year at 4,000 psf, 2 months back, my neighbor unit was sold for 7,000 psf!

All the best!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    Buy commercial only if you need one, not for investment as not all commercial properties in mixed development can attract the right tenants.
    I think most are buying to roti prata.

(note its to roti prata the unit, not to sell roti prata lol)

Congrats. Wish subway or starbucks express will lease your unit in future. Huattttttt.

I understood the risks b4 taking the plunge. ya, it's highly speculative now, whole game may end when interest rate rises, tenant mix issue, Thomson V case, blah blah. Went thru the this thought process b4 decided to park my spare cash with freehold commercial. Was on e side line for a while, then KAP came. To clarify, I am not really "so optimistic" with commercial; I am just relatively more optimistic with commercial than residential. I am more a stock market person actually. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I probably need luck. Haha.

There were units with more than 100 cheques submitted, which I submitted too. The one I finally got was less than 10.

I understood the risks b4 taking the plunge. ya, it's highly speculative now, whole game may end when interest rate rises, tenant mix issue, Thomson V case, blah blah. Went thru the this thought process b4 decided to park my spare cash with freehold commercial. Was on e side line for a while, then KAP came. To clarify, I am not really "so optimistic" with commercial; I am just relatively more optimistic with commercial than residential. I am more a stock market person actually. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I probably need luck. Haha.

There were units with more than 100 cheques submitted, which I submitted too. The one I finally got was less than 10.
    Any anchor tenants? $2 mil+ is a huge sum for a small shop lot. You will have >100 competitors trying to rent out too.

I prefer owning retail reits like fct, cmt. Waiting for the sph reit.

old KAP has a big space for MCD and Cold Storage (right?).

with the tiny shop units, i doubt they will rent KAP unless developer has set aside a big unit for anchor tenant.

nowadays developers are squeezing every space n cent, selling tiny shop units.

thomson v two is indeed a good example. at least TV two has eateries around the condo,a stone throw from Shufu HDB. just that there are no one to rent the space but KAP has nothing except private housing and condos surrounding them.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Any anchor tenants? $2 mil+ is a huge sum for a small shop lot. You will have >100 competitors trying to rent out too.
    According to agent, the supermart and a few connecting large f&b spaces were sold back to original owner who has long term relation with Mac and cold storage. Hence, they should be returning. But could be just agent talk. Believe at own risk.

Good point abt KAP is most of the shop space are >300 sqft. Not the kind of MM shops u find in east village or suites @ bt. Hopefully less speculative and more tenantable.

Regarding intense competition, ai ya, the same goes for residential what. So many new condos coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I prefer owning retail reits like fct, cmt. Waiting for the sph reit.
    I was into reits last yr and early this yr. sold most of it, still own cmt and suntec. Good stocks, no headaches in dealing directly with tenants. Shiok, just wait for dividends. The recent sell down proved that reits and dividend plays are not spared when market goes to jittery mode, esp when index hits new high. Reits are equally sensitive to interest rate. My fingers were burnt b4, still learning. Haha

Anyway, investments cannot be made in isolation - must be balanced. Some in cash, some in stock, some in property...

I was into reits last yr and early this yr. sold most of it, still own cmt and suntec. Good stocks, no headaches in dealing directly with tenants. Shiok, just wait for dividends. The recent sell down proved that reits and dividend plays are not spared when market goes to jittery mode, esp when index hits new high. Reits are equally sensitive to interest rate. My fingers were burnt b4, still learning. Haha

Anyway, investments cannot be made in isolation - must be balanced. Some in cash, some in stock, some in property...
    I meant to say i prefer owning retail reits than physical retail unit.

Not encouraging anyone to buy reits now. The recent correction is not enticing enough for me to accumulate more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I meant to say i prefer owning retail reits than physical retail unit.

Not encouraging anyone to buy reits now. The recent correction is not enticing enough for me to accumulate more.
    Agree with you totally.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    thomson v two is indeed a good example. at least TV two has eateries around the condo,a stone throw from Shufu HDB. just that there are no one to rent the space but KAP has nothing except private housing and condos surrounding them.
    I would have thought that TV2 main problem is due to competition from surrounding eateries and shops. KAP has kind of monopoly in that area. (if we ignore the beauty world there).

Hi...anyone been to the place and inquire about the price of one bedder or two bedder?

Next mixed development failure is likely to be Viva Vista. With Vivo city so near by, I wont even want to go there to shop unless it is for something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    Next mixed development failure is likely to be Viva Vista. With Vivo city so near by, I wont even want to go there to shop unless it is for something interesting.
    Agree with you abt viva vista. Most of the units are below 20sqm, no units of substantial size to attract anchor tenant. Can't imagine the type of crowd that would visit.

with Ngee Ann poly around, there will be many students flocking to the shops. Bubble Tea, Clothing and Food stall will be ideal for business at KAP

I prefer going to bukit timah plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I prefer going to bukit timah plaza
    bt timah plaza clientele are uncle and auntie lah, peolle like us. young people go somewhere more modern, like the upcoming KAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    with Ngee Ann poly around, there will be many students flocking to the shops. Bubble Tea, Clothing and Food stall will be ideal for business at KAP
    Most of the people there are secondary school and JC students at the Mac, plus residents staying nearby at the Cold Storage.

I also think KAP shops will get tenants, unlike viva vista. the only thing is the yield may not be high.

anyway, compare to others, the pricing of the shops of KAP looks more reasonable.

KAp residences does not have a management to look after the commercial units . This maybe a problem not like BR where capitalmall managed the mall.

Yes. The biggest problem about strata title shops is, there is no management to control the tenant mix. Imagine the mall ends up with 20 bubble tea shops, 40 hair salons, and 30 provision stores... Just an extreme example.