Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we truly an open society or is the National Conversation a mere farce?

Default Are we truly an open society or is the National Conversation a mere farce?

LOL u are a farce!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

1. When ask to explain the rationale ? Ans ... What do you think ?

2. It just happens .. Let just move on ..

3. Really ... It is not in your interest to know ... go back to point 1 repeat the cycle

Why and Do you really need an answer ? Go to point no 1 again ...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It
    1. When ask to explain the rationale ? Ans ... What do you think ?

2. It just happens .. Let just move on ..

3. Really ... It is not in your interest to know ... go back to point 1 repeat the cycle

Why and Do you really need an answer ? Go to point no 1 again ...

kudos for promoting uncritical thinking. universities would be dead and intellects would cease to exist if we ever follow your train of argument

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    LOL u are a farce!
    yawn.......we need a stupid quote from you for the joke of the day

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    kudos for promoting uncritical thinking. universities would be dead and intellects would cease to exist if we ever follow your train of argument
    You don't get it.

Actually hor, I am telling your the answer (ok lah it is my answer) to your telling question. It has every element of critical thinking in it.

You don't get it.

Actually hor, I am telling your the answer (ok lah it is my answer) to your telling question. It has every element of critical thinking in it.
    "not in my interest to know" - this is the antithesis of critical thinking

I believe, the govt just wants the people to share the responsibility and burden of policy making. If anything doesnt work out in future, they can say, hey you all wanted it that way. And we listened too!
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Why the did you pose the questions in the very first place and now "not in my interest to know" .. yo yo ..

Really, you are echoed my point no 3 ..

Look at all things on public domain with a pinch of salt.

Why the did you pose the questions in the very first place and now "not in my interest to know" .. yo yo ..

Really, you are echoed my point no 3 ..

you are as daft as minority. quoting your statement does not equate to an agreement

let me make it nursery grade - your third point is the antithesis of critical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Look at all things on public domain with a pinch of salt.
    A pinch of salt? This is a written statement by the person caught in the middle of the saga. Seriously you want to doubt the account from the horse's mouth?

He can get sued anytime if the allegations are false.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I believe, the govt just wants the people to share the responsibility and burden of policy making. If anything doesnt work out in future, they can say, hey you all wanted it that way. And we listened too!
    share responsibility and burden but no share pay
    downside i take, upside u take, lol.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Interesting. When he has no counter-argument, he say you are a farce!
    This is somebody who can twist and turn, black can washed until become white, what can you do?

yawn.......we need a stupid quote from you for the joke of the day
    Originally Posted by minority
    LOL u are a farce!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Interesting. When he has no counter-argument, he say you are a farce!
    This is somebody who can twist and turn, black can washed until become white, what can you do?

Originally Posted by minority
    LOL u are a farce!
    well, i believe we shouldn't go down to his level. just ignore the empty vessel

you are as daft as minority. quoting your statement does not equate to an agreement

let me make it nursery grade - your third point is the antithesis of critical thinking.
    A pure waste of time responding to you poser !!! You ask folks here for their POV and yet you slam down every opinions expressed It seems that you don't even get the cues at all from my initial response. All the 3 points are not my own points. I am just reflecting what I viewed as a possible responses to your poser. yet you don't understand or refuse to accept other view.

Then what is your purpose of asking in the first place ? If you think we are nursery grade, please give us your insight or your great POV or else please close this thread.

BTW, don't just quote and label others using words such as "daft". It is bad english especially using it the wrong context. I tell what - I also "stand to be corrected" here. He He

i stated that your stand kills critical thinking. so to understand or accept your view, i must agree with your statements?? demonstrate that your arguments contribute to the discussion, instead of making statements "it is not in your interest to know" that oozes of a patronizing attitude seemingly.

talk about daft, you personify it. so please, enlighten us with your good english. perhaps foolish or stupid would be more apt?

i stated that your stand kills critical thinking. so to understand or accept your view, i must agree with your statements?? demonstrate that your arguments contribute to the discussion, instead of making statements "it is not in your interest to know" that oozes of a patronizing attitude seemingly.

talk about daft, you personify it. so please, enlighten us with your good english. perhaps foolish or stupid would be more apt?
    Since you are so dumb or naive (or may be pretend to be one) and cannot read hint and cues .. may I put it so explicitly that the 3 pointers are not my POV but me reflecting the prevailing climate of the MIW thinking and mentality ...

How to have an open and inclusive society and "conversed" as you like while people views are not consulted like eg white paper on population and questions are brush off with statement like "not in our interest to know". May be you are supporter. In that case I rest my case. Bye Bye.

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.c...of-conscience/

More open than last time.

Oh my god!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Remember the Feedback Unit? It became a farce . . . a feedback unit that only took in selective feedback so nobody seriously gave feedback anymore. Singapore Converation is not so much a farce as a wayang . . . a showpiece to let Singaporeans feel that they have a say. Same old thing - only selective suggestions and feedback will be taken in and then churned out as views of the majority. So it's a new enhanced version of the Feedback Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    Remember the Feedback Unit? It became a farce . . . a feedback unit that only took in selective feedback so nobody seriously gave feedback anymore. Singapore Converation is not so much a farce as a wayang . . . a showpiece to let Singaporeans feel that they have a say. Same old thing - only selective suggestions and feedback will be taken in and then churned out as views of the majority. So it's a new enhanced version of the Feedback Unit.
    The Feedback REACH programme on FaceBook - when you post genuine complaint or comments they don't want to see or hear , immediately it will be deleted. There are 24/7 IBs looking at postings. How to provide feedback - like the advert they only want to hear and see good things only.

thanks for the inputs. in the writer's case, not only his views were not appreciated but he was 'threatened' in some sense.

It is not because the govt wants the people to share responsibility, but because they know they will lose the election in 2016 if they did not do this, just like BN will lose this year.

Did the govt let the people know before bring in 1 million foreigners since 2005? No.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Sure or not?
    You all better be sure before saying such thing...
    I would be really surprized if this is true!

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    The Feedback REACH programme on FaceBook - when you post genuine complaint or comments they don't want to see or hear , immediately it will be deleted. There are 24/7 IBs looking at postings. How to provide feedback - like the advert they only want to hear and see good things only.

I guess we will be better politically after 1 may hong lim.

However i am not going becoz i support import quality (can afford condo and mm, not cheapskate squeeze many many in hdb) FT.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Difficult to find such righteous and courageous people these days who will still stand up after being threaten by gorillas........

These days, even here, we only see people defending something so strongly and it turns out that it is in their own personal self-interest for them to defend those things because they derived great benefits from those things they are defending and don't even dare to declare their self-interests when initially asked!

A pinch of salt? This is a written statement by the person caught in the middle of the saga. Seriously you want to doubt the account from the horse's mouth?

He can get sued anytime if the allegations are false.

perhaps it is the general stigma belief, but most common folks think this way...

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Difficult to find such righteous and courageous people these days who will still stand up after being threaten by gorillas........

These days, even here, we only see people defending something so strongly and it turns out that it is in their own personal self-interest for them to defend those things because they derived great benefits from those things they are defending and don't even dare to declare their self-interests when initially asked!

Temporary benefits only. When they grow old, they'll still get retrenched and also can't afford to drive around, no one to take care of them. Many, no spouse, no children, or children live out, die alone in the flat.

Capitalism without social security is simply a scam. The Europeans had a long enough history of capitalism to know that.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/lim-hock-si...relatives.html