Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When Safe Havens Become Bubbles In Disguise

The key point is that property can only long to make money. Unlike stock markets where shorting can make fast money at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    The key point is that property can only long to make money. Unlike stock markets where shorting can make fast money at the right time.
    Long. Another nice L word.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

This is the reason why property is more dangerous than stocks because they tend to grow like ponzi with no correction possible as no shorting is allowed.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Truth be told my dear nutnut. I have never ever touched stocks. Closest ever was knorr chicken cube soup stock lol.

That was me wondering aloud... I neednt even have to wonder i guess.. Based on my money in, im doing a very decent 9% yield across all my ppty portfolio after all taxes and costs.

Yeah. Leverage is a very powerful L word. Other than Lube or LeeKY.
    Bro, everyone I know paid money for entering stocks...
    Hahahaha, me included. 1st time in cost me 100k. Hahahaha, but I have deep pocket and strong heart. I can spend 100k on holiday... I believe we must be happy and enjoy purselves.... Bro, if u ever want to venture beyond chicken cube, please do small amount hor.... Really, to make lots of money, u need to play lots of money... U have gone in properties and really know the beauty... Those who are not in will never understand lah bro. My staff, wanted to sell her 2nd prop. I had to do all the calculations for her to show she will be fine and at the same time have excess cash. After 3 years, she accumulated quite a fair bit from rental. At the same time there is capital gain. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    This is the reason why property is more dangerous than stocks because they tend to grow like ponzi with no correction possible as no shorting is allowed.
    I will only say stock market is more volatile and speculative compared to physical properties.

Invest in yourself and then invest in what you think you know the best.

The price increase is not ponzi but inflation....

Look at price of housing from 1960 to now for Singapore.

Look at pricing for housing in us from 1900s to now.

Major and deep recession is the correction that will cause prices to be cheaper. Hahahahahaha... This is applicable to stocks... I'm fact stocks are forward looking.... Hahahaha

but if u feel uncomfortable about properties. I suggest u don't go in.... Be happy is enough lah.... Hahahaha

I will only say stock market is more volatile and speculative compared to physical properties.

90% of of the assets of billionaires in the world are invested in stocks rather than property.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

90% of of the assets of billionaires in the world are invested in stocks rather than property.
    But we are not billionaires. Most of us are just retail investors.

I am not telling you or even suggesting to you to buy properties instead of equities.

Equities can get you very rich within a much shorter timeframe compared to properties.

And they are typically the co-founders. Hahahahahaha

In China and HK, I guess 90% billionaires invest in properties.

lol... they only own one stock... the controllling stake in the company they built.... so their core income is their business, not stock trading...

only warren buffet the unique case..... but then again most of his money were made from those companies that exploded in the 80's and 90's and he held on to them for 20-30 years...

when u are talking abt investments in the 10 digit range, the turn around time for your funds is very long... cannot compare to man on the street shot gun 6 digit trades, can enter and exit within days...