Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More property cooling measures incoming: Deutsche Bank

if bank pay you 1% and charge you 3-4% interest, bank's profitability will be super huat man. maybe switch from REITs to banks.

Speaking of policies, govt can implement some for the purpose of stablizing the market, but to go too far will be against the principle of free market, that will be detrimental to Singapore's foundation. In fact, ABSD for Singaporeans is already too far, it is already a wrong step; those rumored MSR restriction for private or or the increase of reserve requirement would be even a bigger mistake if implemented. If policies can be tweaked like that, what good is Singapore against countries under dictatorships?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

And some more implement policy like flipping roti-prata? Implement and then so soon a few days later change again?!

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    Speaking of policies, govt can implement some for the purpose of stablizing the market, but to go too far will be against the principle of free market, that will be detrimental to Singapore's foundation. In fact, ABSD for Singaporeans is already too far, it is already a wrong step; those rumored MSR restriction for private or or the increase of reserve requirement would be even a bigger mistake if implemented. If policies can be tweaked like that, what good is Singapore against countries under dictatorships?

Rumours acting on fear, spurring buyers to buy more, I think. Whatever will be, will be. Que sera, sera...

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    With the loan caps and ABSD, more properties are held back by foreigner investors. Talk to ANY Indons who own more than 3 properties in Sg, ask them what price they will sell their units - they will give you some ridiculous price like 20% above valuation.

DKSG

Well, that's why i said raise property tax. In fact, the government should have a different rate for foreigners owning Singapore property.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

In today's Context, Singapore is indeed unquiely different.

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    This is one of the best advice I got from here these few years!

Thank you for sharing!

This seriously lowers my cost of rental income !

DKSG

then u have to do all the work yourself ... including advertising, stamping ...etc

i feel its fair to pay lah ...

i think is more bo pian. Everyone is doing it. And these few years are abnormal. US and the Europeans used to be so proud of their free markets, but look at them now. They re heavily interventionist. Anything involving banks bail out, print money.