Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: The BIG FOUR of Pasir Ris Drive 3

Bro Acosean, just ignore that frog in the well.... He totally had no idea he is just a Loser in many of our forum reader's eye.

chill the f*** out la guys... i will not be staying there so don't worry hahah. and i already said... apart from normal and express stream... there's also a special stream... fyi special stream is for students with 250 and above for psle and they can take higher chinese in secondary school.

okok i repeat myself.

and oh. also to add. why TS and the other EC people don't want to talk about the hdb across!?!?!?!

my whole point right from the start is...

============================================

i think the cause for concern is adding the EC to the 3 PCs. a lot of difference sorry to say. 30-40% price difference equates to a number years' worth of salary and savings.

threadstarter is EC owner, most may think there are no intentions, but be that as it may, no one can say for sure even if threadstarter disagrees, if threadstarter's intention is to place EC in the same light as the other 3 PC.

even if its big 4 for the purpose of gathering members of this forum, it doesn't add much value even for the photo sharings. same TOPs and launch dates don't matter anymore because EC TOP and others TOP does nothing except for pure awareness. launch dates are irrelevant since when this thread started, most of the units are sold.

the one value that may bring is knowing our neighbours and the vicinity, and for that i don't see why sea horizon or ocean front suites, as well as existing condos lining LJB said should be excluded.

a fairer assessment will be to have a thread for all JLB condos. i am bias to the big 4 as an owner of sea esta, and be that as it may be insignificant, its my own personal view that the EC and 3 PCs should not be named big 4 for the the above reasons. i feel that it devalues my condo, im selfish i will say but who is not when it really matters.

i know this may draw flak, so as a heads-up, i wont be replying to any posts or PMs.

Some Singaporean are richer ,live in landed property drive luxury car ; some Singaporean are poorer ,live in rented HDB and travel by bus...

So those who live in landed property is Singaporean, those who live in rented HDB are not, and we should stop them for calling themselves Singaporean!

Guys, now we can see how narrow minded is that!

The big four or big five (with sea horizon) is just a nick name for those taller condo build along the JLB, which most of us feel that it is a interesting name to call the 4 projects....

....will the nick name affect the selling price of the property in future? Will a condo buyer not bother to check the property market price before they buy a property?

Those who interested can go to check so far what is the average EC selling price compare to PC in Property market? Same as their purchasing price, those EC , even convected to a PC, are selling at lower than PC average price because there are this thing call "valuation" before we buy a house.

Any even if some EC is selling higher than PC, why bother? The EC buyer have to give up their chance to hold a cheaper HDB flat to collect rental , while the PC buyer are allow to purchase private property and own a HDB at the same time.....

The main point is , if EC able to sell high, the PC at same area should be able to sell higher~ win-win situation! Only kiasu and kiasee frogs in the well will worry about their little sky fall on their head..

uncle just finished my dose of kopi-O and chap-chai peng....

u wanted differentiation, that is fair enough. if you are going from the angle of MOP rules, restrictive selling rules, CMs or even possible quality differences for discussion, that is fair enough

perhaps my english comprehension is poor, your posts seems to belitte EC owners in the light that EC owners should not be be associated with PC owners simply because of price difference and the possiblity of devalueing. this is akin to bringing down somebody whom may have worked just as hard to save and scrimp and hoping to give his/her family a nicer environment compared to a HDB. and to pre-empt you. EC owners (including me), do not suffer from chronic inferior complexity.

You only posted a fraction of what you posted, compared to other single line post that were highly suggestive. Language comprehension behind the screen is highly subjective, as i started, perhaps my english comprehension is poor. my apologies if i misunderstood.

on the neighbourhood thingie, do not over complicate things. its simply because this 4 projects are side by side, carved out from a single bare-land prior. there is 1 new road carved out for the boundary. if there is a fifth project smack in the middle and that is a HDB/DBSS, it will be big 5, no qualms. Why do we have area/district classification since Singapore is so darn small and everyone is in a neighbourhood, we just need 1 folder in this forum isn't it? "All Propertys *.*"

and to summarize my other points in the watercolours posts (if we are really so obsessed about differentiation)

1. i know of PC owners whom would be really better off financially with a better size mortage and leverage, maybe a HDB even would be more suitable

2. likewise, i know of EC or HDB dwellers whom can easily be better off with spares in landed or PC.

3. for real exclusive environment, there are single digit district (7/8/9) that offers consistencies in quality of housing/type - though not people

4. if the focus is on sea salt or beach sand, east coast and even west coast is an option. there is also this tiny island called sentosa

5. bottom line - its really down to personal choice. u made the choice, u live by it. can't take the heat, stay off the pool (Btw, Watercolours was launched earlier than Esta - so everyone knows whats in the pool)

You will never walk alone.

i think the cause for concern is adding the EC to the 3 PCs. a lot of difference sorry to say. 30-40% price difference equates to a number years' worth of salary and savings.

threadstarter is EC owner, most may think there are no intentions, but be that as it may, no one can say for sure even if threadstarter disagrees, if threadstarter's intention is to place EC in the same light as the other 3 PC.

even if its big 4 for the purpose of gathering members of this forum, it doesn't add much value even for the photo sharings. same TOPs and launch dates don't matter anymore because EC TOP and others TOP does nothing except for pure awareness. launch dates are irrelevant since when this thread started, most of the units are sold.

the one value that may bring is knowing our neighbours and the vicinity, and for that i don't see why sea horizon or ocean front suites, as well as existing condos lining LJB said should be excluded.

a fairer assessment will be to have a thread for all JLB condos. i am bias to the big 4 as an owner of sea esta, and be that as it may be insignificant, its my own personal view that the EC and 3 PCs should not be named big 4 for the the above reasons. i feel that it devalues my condo, im selfish i will say but who is not when it really matters.

i know this may draw flak, so as a heads-up, i wont be replying to any posts or PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by hamachi

Until now can't you see you are the only one in the forum think this way? And I think most of us can figure what kind of people will think this way... ....... This is a forum to discuss "Condo", so is Watercolor a condo? If yes, what is wrong with discuss the progress of WC in here?

If you feel there are no purpose for this thread, why spend your time reading it? I think most of us are not welcome you here for your arrogant attitude.

Is OceanFront suites "big"? I sure TS will include OFS if that project is taller than 10 floors like the big 4....

As for the Sea horizon, that land is still a forest when this thread start.....

Your points totally make no sense at all!

You still don't get it, nobody care about if you are selfish or not (we all already know you are).....it is you ATTITUDE that pissed other off, just because you spend 1 million plus to buy a small condo you think you are at top of the world, you can anyhow ask others to go "go back china" and insult others "beyond dumb" !!

Who do you think you are?Our Big boss? with your 1 millions plus condo !?.... stop make us laugh....

Did your parent teach teach you anything about manners? i see you totally don't have any EQ at all..

Good if you disappear from this thread..I saw your kind of people in many forum before, you are just paper tiger hide behind the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Joamonte
    Until now can't you see you are the only one in the forum think this way? And I think most of us can figure what kind of people will think this way... ....... This is a forum to discuss "Condo", so is Watercolor a condo? If yes, what is wrong with discuss the progress of WC in here?

If you feel there are no purpose for this thread, why spend your time reading it? I think most of us are not welcome you here for your arrogant attitude.

Is OceanFront suites "big"? I sure TS will include OFS if that project is taller than 10 floors like the big 4....

As for the Sea horizon, that land is still a forest when this thread start.....

Your points totally make no sense at all!

You still don't get it, nobody care about if you are selfish or not (we all already know you are).....it is you ATTITUDE that pissed other off, just because you spend 1 million plus to buy a small condo you think you are at top of the world, you can anyhow ask others to go "go back china" and insult others "beyond dumb" !!

Who do you think you are?Our Big boss? with your 1 millions plus condo !?.... stop make us laugh....

Did your parent teach teach you anything about manners? i see you totally don't have any EQ at all..

Good if you disappear from this thread..I saw your kind of people in many forum before, you are just paper tiger hide behind the net.

For God's sake... don't call it Big 4 la. why so thick skinned?

this thread is filled with WC people, just go back to your own thread la... you dont see other people championing for the Big 4 except the WC people.

already said and gave reasons why it should be called big 4 and you still want to be the same as the other 3.

To make everyone happy we can call it Big 3 (Sea Esta, Ripple Bay, Seastrand) and Medium 2 (Watercolours, Sea Horizon)

For God's sake... don't call it Big 4 la. why so thick skinned?

this thread is filled with WC people, just go back to your own thread la... you dont see other people championing for the Big 4 except the WC people.

already said and gave reasons why it should be called big 4 and you still want to be the same as the other 3.

thick skin? Who?

If you are referring to WC people, as a Ripple bay resident , I don't feel that they are thick skin when they say we are Big four whor ...

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    To make everyone happy we can call it Big 3 (Sea Esta, Ripple Bay, Seastrand) and Medium 2 (Watercolours, Sea Horizon)

IMHO, No way and no point making everyone happy bro, we should just do what we feel is correct....

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos

to make the PUNTERS happy we call it 3BIG 2SMALL
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

IMHO, No way and no point making everyone happy bro, we should just do what we feel is correct....
    HAHAHAHAH no way? You got to be kidding.. People already gave their suggestions.

Down the roads, I doubt PC owners want a close gap when it's crunch time to sell the units.

How will one feel when buyer next time say, I thought Big 4... Why pricing different with WC?"

Then the reply will be.. Better furnishings blah blah.. Refer to this thread in condo singapore.

Just stick to your own forum la huh.. Don't come play the principle card why cannot stick to Big 4. Nothing to do with elitism. It's protecting own interests, like how I understand why you want the namesake.

I support bro Anfield view

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield
    uncle just finished my dose of kopi-O and chap-chai peng....

u wanted differentiation, that is fair enough. if you are going from the angle of MOP rules, restrictive selling rules, CMs or even possible quality differences for discussion, that is fair enough

perhaps my english comprehension is poor, your posts seems to belitte EC owners in the light that EC owners should not be be associated with PC owners simply because of price difference and the possiblity of devalueing. this is akin to bringing down somebody whom may have worked just as hard to save and scrimp and hoping to give his/her family a nicer environment compared to a HDB. and to pre-empt you. EC owners (including me), do not suffer from chronic inferior complexity.

You only posted a fraction of what you posted, compared to other single line post that were highly suggestive. Language comprehension behind the screen is highly subjective, as i started, perhaps my english comprehension is poor. my apologies if i misunderstood.

on the neighbourhood thingie, do not over complicate things. its simply because this 4 projects are side by side, carved out from a single bare-land prior. there is 1 new road carved out for the boundary. if there is a fifth project smack in the middle and that is a HDB/DBSS, it will be big 5, no qualms. Why do we have area/district classification since Singapore is so darn small and everyone is in a neighbourhood, we just need 1 folder in this forum isn't it? "All Propertys *.*"

and to summarize my other points in the watercolours posts (if we are really so obsessed about differentiation)

1. i know of PC owners whom would be really better off financially with a better size mortage and leverage, maybe a HDB even would be more suitable

2. likewise, i know of EC or HDB dwellers whom can easily be better off with spares in landed or PC.

3. for real exclusive environment, there are single digit district (7/8/9) that offers consistencies in quality of housing/type - though not people

4. if the focus is on sea salt or beach sand, east coast and even west coast is an option. there is also this tiny island called sentosa

5. bottom line - its really down to personal choice. u made the choice, u live by it. can't take the heat, stay off the pool (Btw, Watercolours was launched earlier than Esta - so everyone knows whats in the pool)

What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    to make the PUNTERS happy we call it 3BIG 2SMALL
    Remember to buy that combine number this weekend
    What ia a good house?

Quote Originally Posted by Good house
    Remember to buy that combine number this weekend
    Everyone wants their property to appreciate din the near future. No matter who gain who lose is inconsequential. If we start to fight and bad mouth each other oamong the 4. How would prospective buyer perceive? A bunch of irritable and crazy neighborhood. They will surely shun these estates be it PC or EC

Quote Originally Posted by ken3147
    Everyone wants their property to appreciate din the near future. No matter who gain who lose is inconsequential. If we start to fight and bad mouth each other oamong the 4. How would prospective buyer perceive? A bunch of irritable and crazy neighborhood. They will surely shun these estates be it PC or EC

Well said, together we will all benefits, for example pool resource for shuttle bus service etc
    What ia a good house?

Sorry, Good House, could you please help enlighten me what the analogy of Express Stream and Normal Stream is all about?

Also, it is wrong for Hamachi to state that supporters championing the Big Four only come from Watercolours residents. At least for myself, together with some others I know, aren't Watercolours investors but have no qualms calling the developments the Big Four.

The nature of life is whereby there is always a hierarchical form of classification. E.g.

1. Unit #02-01
    2. Level 2
    3. Blk 4
    4. Ripple Bay
    5. The Big Four
    6. All developments along JLB
    7. All housing in Pasir Ris
    8. East of Singapore
    9. Singapore
    10. South East Asia
    11. Asia
    12. Earth
    13. Solar System
    14. Milky Way
    15. Universe / Cosmos

So we informally call The Big Four as the 4 condo projects sited within the trapezoid land surrounded by the 4 roads: JLB, Pasir Ris Drive 3, Drive 4 and Pasir Ris Rise. All 4 had thereabouts the similar range of launch and TOP, and we all are excited to see their construction progresses. Thus it'd be easier for Good House, for example, to post the generic photos of the Big Four on one single thread instead of repeating them over 4 different threads. Common topics of interest (e.g. lobbying for more direct SBS trunk services, nearby amnesties to be built, price growth potential of that area) can also be shared.

People have been giving colloquial names to places, such as "10 storeys (Zap Lau)", "Big Road (Da Ma Lu)", etc. for easy referencing. So I don't see any harm calling these 4 developments the Big Four.

Actually, the topic on elitism and protectionism (in-group versus out-group effect) can be VERY tricky. Bear with me on this analogy:

An outstanding and innovative employee willingly shares information and readily offers assistance to his colleagues in another department. His manager thus scolds him as other departments will then shine over his (rivalry). But when the CEO hears it, he says what the employee does is right because it will benefit the company as a whole. However, if his employee were to share it with another company, his CEO will scold him because this will make other companies thrive and his own company losing the competitive advantage. But the Prime Minister will praise him for this inter-company sharing because this will up Singapore's industrial competitive advantage and GDP growth, amidst threats from other countries. Fast forward this to the Secretary-General of the UN. What will he say if the employee shares it with other countries? And what will he say if the employee shares it with other planets' Aliens? It is difficult to explain this; hope you get my point.

Bro Acosean, you had cited a good analogy.
    The express/normal stream analogy was meant to spike someone that belittle others.
    What ia a good house?

nah...

i give you an analogy back.

My house that im living in is not considered GCB but I live a street down from a row of GCBs. I dont go around telling people I live in GCB area.

likewise, WATERCOLOURS is an EC, a public housing, not a privatised condo.. there's only a grouping if there's equality.

BIG 4 in the EPL was manutd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal. then they went to BIG 5 with mancity. Even though manutd, blackburn and leeds are all in the northwest of england, people don't include the latter 2. why? they are not in the EPL!

people already suggested 3 big 2 medium or 3 big 2 small.. still want to suggest big 4. shameless!

and this ripple bay dude try to be hero here. your analogy doesnt make sense, and still got WC people try to bump up thread by saying its good lol. its soo dumb i dont even want to comment much but only to say wtf? this is more you explain protectionism and elitism??? seriously?? lol. thats why you dont see any harm also.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that there are suggestions of renaming the developments there to be "3 Big + 1 Medium" or "3 Big + 2 Medium" or "Big 5 (when Sea Horizon is up)" or even "condos along JLB (inclduing OceanFront Suites, etc.)".

We don't have qualms with some of the alternate names, but this may cause further polarisation effects. For example, within the "Big 4", other than calling it "3 Big & 1 Medium" or "3 PC & 1 EC" (which can sound clumpsy, but never mind), don't you realise that we can also call them "2 Sea-Facing condos + 2 non-sea-facing condos" or other possible permutations? This list then never ends.

If we are concerned about the value of our condos of whether they are sea-facing, then Seastrand residents might feel marginalised/hurt because owners of RB and Sea Esta may feel WHAT YOU FEEL (i.e. "How on earth can Watercolours and Seastrand compare to ours [in calling themselves part of the Big Four] when ours are sea-facing and theirs are facing nowhere?").

Quote Originally Posted by acosean
    I understand that there are suggestions of renaming the developments there to be "3 Big + 1 Medium" or "3 Big + 2 Medium" or "Big 5 (when Sea Horizon is up)" or even "condos along JLB (inclduing OceanFront Suites, etc.)".

We don't have qualms with some of the alternate names, but this may cause further polarisation effects. For example, within the "Big 4", other than calling it "3 Big & 1 Medium" or "3 PC & 1 EC" (which can sound clumpsy, but never mind), don't you realise that we can also call them "2 Sea-Facing condos + 2 non-sea-facing condos" or other possible permutations? This list then never ends.

If we are concerned about the value of our condos of whether they are sea-facing, then Seastrand residents might feel marginalised/hurt because owners of RB and Sea Esta may feel WHAT YOU FEEL (i.e. "How on earth can Watercolours and Seastrand compare to ours [in calling themselves part of the Big Four] when ours are sea-facing and theirs are facing nowhere?").

I never spoke of sea facing or not, and since when seastrand came to the fore? All I am saying is do not call it BIG 4 because the clear distinction is that 1 is EC.

all I am saying the 4 should not be categorised into 1. simple as that. whether or not other names sound silly doesnt matter at all. that said, if you guys die die wanna have a namesake, more apt suggestions would be "JLB condo enclave". why restrict to big 4?

HAHAHAHAH no way? You got to be kidding.. People already gave their suggestions.

Down the roads, I doubt PC owners want a close gap when it's crunch time to sell the units.

How will one feel when buyer next time say, I thought Big 4... Why pricing different with WC?"

Then the reply will be.. Better furnishings blah blah.. Refer to this thread in condo singapore.

Just stick to your own forum la huh.. Don't come play the principle card why cannot stick to Big 4. Nothing to do with elitism. It's protecting own interests, like how I understand why you want the namesake.

Poor thing,that's why I said you have no EQ....can't even understand the different between a satirical joke and a suggestion.

Poor thing,that's why I said you have no EQ....can't even understand the different between a satirical joke and a suggestion.

Yalor No medicine can cure one ....the condition only can be managed by feeding the ego. Also notice he started using the f word and started associating he is living near GCB. Won't go down to this level to engage him.
    Last edited by Good house; 06-06-13 at 11:11.
    What ia a good house?

you say no EQ then no EQ lor. you don't even know me.

and hahah you call that a satire? *facepalm.

nah...

i give you an analogy back.

My house that im living in is not considered GCB but I live a street down from a row of GCBs. I dont go around telling people I live in GCB area.

likewise, WATERCOLOURS is an EC, a public housing, not a privatised condo.. there's only a grouping if there's equality.

BIG 4 in the EPL was manutd, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal. then they went to BIG 5 with mancity. Even though manutd, blackburn and leeds are all in the northwest of england, people don't include the latter 2. why? they are not in the EPL!

people already suggested 3 big 2 medium or 3 big 2 small.. still want to suggest big 4. shameless!

and this ripple bay dude try to be hero here. your analogy doesnt make sense, and still got WC people try to bump up thread by saying its good lol. its soo dumb i dont even want to comment much but only to say wtf? this is more you explain protectionism and elitism??? seriously?? lol. thats why you dont see any harm also.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread no value than DON'T read and reply lah....I don't understand why u keep posting in here...

chill the f*** out la guys... i will not be staying there so don't worry hahah. and i already said...

Why you telling us you will not staying there? Scare someone will look for you paper tiger? Don't worry girl girl, we are not so free...a

BTW talk about shameless, I am wondering who still keep on posting rude comment in this thread after said he will "not be replying to any post or PMs" ....mnnnn.....

This thread no value than DON'T read and reply lah....I don't understand why u keep posting in here...

Why you telling us you will not staying there? Scare someone will look for you paper tiger? Don't worry girl girl, we are not so free...a

BTW talk about shameless, I am wondering who still keep on posting rude comment in this thread after said he will "not be replying to any post or PMs" ....mnnnn.....
    lol aww don't rage just because you bought an EC, hoping to be categorised with the PCs and someone stood up to object.

siao. i read what i want, i write what i want.

The only difference between a PC and EC is the restriction that are tied to when it can be sold in the open market. Thus the price difference.
    Buyers are smart enough to know plus the property agents are there to let them know of the pros & cons of each type of condo.

This thread is meant for sharing of ideas where some will like and other don't.
    Those who don't , just skip this thread.
    Life is short, just be happy with what we have where many do not have that opportunity.

lol aww don't rage just because you bought an EC, hoping to be categorised with the PCs and someone stood up to object.

siao. i read what i want, i write what i want.
    I don't need to waste my time proof to you which condo I brought.....you can even guess I brought the HDB opposite WC ....

Yes we already knew you only post and write what you want , you just want to show off how clever, how different and "rich" you are... Look at you 1st posting in the forum, , super "hao lian" , why not put an ad in newspaper telling the whole world about it?

Bought a high-floor 4-bedder dual view (sea + pool).

24 such units in total. Sea views are from 6th floor up.

The average price for the higher dua view floors at VVIP launch were at least $950 psf.

Now a caveat lodged in a recent sale transaction puts a 7th floor 3-bedder pool view at $953 psf. Another recent sale transaction of Ripple Bay's sea view unit sold at $1,034 psf.

The value of the dual view units and other 3-bedder sea view units are already past $1,000 psf now.

Location is ideal bar the distance to the train station (4 short bus stops), surrounded by private residences in a residential enclave and away from the bustles of the main streets.

376 units in Sea Esta, 679 in Ripple Bay, there's a bit more exclusivity. And with a 50m lap pool, and 2 more separate pools, there will be less crowding at the amenities. The floor layouts were well-thought with sturdy furnishings, like the idea of having the dining table at the poolview balcony, giving more space in the living room.

Unobstructed seaview frontage with 3-4 stories condos / landed property / costa sands resorts there to stay, the sea view units along the JLB road is an increasingly rare-find in Singapore and will fetch a premium.

Every confidence it will be a quality construction with the developer already benefitting from the low winning bid as compared to Ripple Bay and Sea Strand.

BTW, Sorry TS and fellow guys! Hope you guys don't mind of my posting, I don't meant to disturb the thread like this but this guy attitude is really pissed me off.... But I am feeling better now.

I don't need to waste my time proof to you which condo I brought.....you can even guess I brought the HDB opposite WC ....

Yes we already knew you only post and write what you want , you just want to show off how clever, how different and "rich" you are... Look at you 1st posting in the forum, , super "hao lian" , why not put an ad in newspaper telling the whole world about it?

BTW, Sorry TS and fellow guys! Hope you guys don't mind of my posting, I don't meant to disturb the thread like this but this guy attitude is really pissed me off.... But I am feeling better now.
    lol you sure you feeling better? i think you're still raging. dont pretend you arent. loser.

Hamachi, your response shows that you've completely missed my point.

Never mind, since you suggest that we have a thread called "JLB condo enclave", why don't you start it? You are then the TS of that thread and you can post whatever you like there and I won't bother.

Meanwhile, most of us seem quite okay in retaining the name of this thread which Good House started.