Thread: Disposal of furniture

Default Disposal of furniture

Can anybody advise me where can I sell my old sofa set?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Can anybody advise me where can I sell my old sofa set?
    Try ebay. It's free and you can get the buyer to collect themselves.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Thank you so much.

Can try http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/ too.

Or if you want to donate, I can pass you the contact of this central website you can post to, and all of the VWOs in Singapore who are interested can then contact you by email / phone, etc.

Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Can try http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/ too.

Or if you want to donate, I can pass you the contact of this central website you can post to, and all of the VWOs in Singapore who are interested can then contact you by email / phone, etc.
    Hi Starrynight,

Can you please pm me the link as I have some used furniture and toys to dispose of. Good for future reference too, I just threw away some very good condition furniture that tenant used only for 2 years.

Thx!

This is the website: http://www.passiton.org.sg/site/passiton/passiton.shtml

Please feel free to share with your friends - good to be doing the little bits we can to make things better for others. The VWOs who are interested will usually arrange the van / lorry to pick the stuff up.

For toys, you can leave them at the Salvation Army donation boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    Hi Starrynight,

Can you please pm me the link as I have some used furniture and toys to dispose of. Good for future reference too, I just threw away some very good condition furniture that tenant used only for 2 years.

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    This is the website: http://www.passiton.org.sg/site/passiton/passiton.shtml

Please feel free to share with your friends - good to be doing the little bits we can to make things better for others. The VWOs who are interested will usually arrange the van / lorry to pick the stuff up.

For toys, you can leave them at the Salvation Army donation boxes.
    Thank you. There was once I called the Salvation Army about my old sofa set and asked them to come and collect but instead she asked me to arrange my own transport and sent it over to them. In the end, I gave it to my neighbour.

Thank you. There was once I called the Salvation Army about my old sofa set and asked them to come and collect but instead she asked me to arrange my own transport and sent it over to them. In the end, I gave it to my neighbour.
    Ya, Salvation Army is well-known for that ..maybe bizness too good. I have given up on them.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Guess they only interested in the more 'profitable' items such as nice nice atas furniture, LCD TVs (of coz must be in working condition), etc. etc. For them, they have a biz to run i.e., thrift store. Its website says $60 optional fees for its collection wor

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    Ya, Salvation Army is well-known for that ..maybe bizness too good. I have given up on them.
    wrong, they have been abused/cheated by so-called donors who treat them as rubbish collectors. they are a VWO and running a tight ship, so please spare a thought for them