Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

How is JE Mrt interchange going to cope? It is already extremely crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    How is JE Mrt interchange going to cope? It is already extremely crowded.
    1) Higher train frequency
    2) Future Jurong Region Line which will connect to at West Coast station
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    1) Higher train frequency
    2) Future Jurong Region Line which will connect to at West Coast station
    AWESOME!!! well thought through! hapoy for Everyone!

Khaw Boon Wan will sure ask Tuck Yew to do something about it.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    AWESOME!!! well thought through! hapoy for Everyone!
    Sorry, I mean connect to CRL at West Coast station.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I will pay $1600 for adam rd n river valley, never $1600 for jld.
    Got ah at today time? 1600psf for 474sqft unit. Please share share leh. Echelon going for 2200psf alreafy

This is what many people will do when they visit JEM

Not only that. Expect the jurong east interchange to be busier.

http://m.insing.com/news/tabloid/two...30/id-a66a3f00

The Jurong Region Line will serve commuters to activity spots in Jurong West, such as Nanyang Technological University, the Jurong industrial estate including Jurong Island and the future Jurong Gateway.
    Residents in Chua Chu Kang, Boon Lay and the future developments in Tengah will get to use this Jurong line from 2025.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

The people who say that J is non conducive for living are usually those who are living in the east and those who cant afford it.
    What makes you think those staying in the east can't afford the west?
    You see east coast, bedok, tanah merah, tampines people no up?

Many went thru 4 years of uni life and stayed in the west before. Be it in hostel or rented rooms around west. Not conducive means not conducive, no dispute about that.

Yah also why Abercrombie set up first stall along orchard n not jem. LV, chanel, gucci, Prada should all move to j cube n jem mah. Maybe LKY can consider shifting from Oxley to jld also. Think more than 80% of Singapore must be crazy not to live or aspire to live in jld

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Jurong is the best lah, got malls, got mrt got offices, got ImM, got many Malaysians, got ntu, got indian expats, got cabury etc. best bester bestest! go for JLD!! yeah! $5000psf there is insight! not enuff bullets to buy there. guess I will settle for a poorer location at RV and walk to orchard ion, stroll to greatworld, dine at centre point or plaza sing, maybe occasionally visit our dear president istana at such a poor location compared to JLD, maybe go for free entertainment at museum and then stroll to raffles city or funan for coffee. maybe also go check out the beautiful parliament house and wonder why they dont shift it to JLD. at night maybe can take river taxi to view the flyer for free and marvel at the mbs which is built at suuch a lousy location, then alight at jiak kim bridge and stroll back home at RV and wonder why RV is in such a losuier location compared to JLD. oh I last heard there is lousy mrt line going to be built, thomson line? nah, still not as good as JLD.

congrats to all wisest smartest genius investors of JLD! to infinity and beyond!

He is thinking jurong is the knightsbridge of singapore, cant blame him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    What makes you think those staying in the east can't afford the west?
    You see east coast, bedok, tanah merah, tampines people no up?

Many went thru 4 years of uni life and stayed in the west before. Be it in hostel or rented rooms around west. Not conducive means not conducive, no dispute about that.

I worked around the area at one point.

That time we had the older JE shopping mall next to the MRT.

I am glad that I no longer work there. I think it is one of the worst MRT stops due to the crowds. Everywhere around the area, crowd from the factories etc congregate. In the evening, many people use the vacant land around the MRT as "picnic grounds."

However, if the government is genuinely interested in redeveloping the area to a point that justifies this $1600 price tag, then good.

But if the changes are only cosmetic and quick, then I'm rather skeptical.

Plus points.
    1)MRT
    2)JEM

Minus Points
    1)High price which is unheard of for that area
    2)Gateway to the industrial areas/factories of Tuas/Pioneer, which means the crowd around the area will consist of people attached to those industries
    3) 99 LH
    4) Distance from the city

But seriously to those who are going to buy, I hope you have looked around at the other places.

He is thinking jurong is the knightsbridge of singapore, cant blame him.
    his horn blowing louder each day.

Yah also why Abercrombie set up first stall along orchard n not jem. LV, chanel, gucci, Prada should all move to j cube n jem mah. Maybe LKY can consider shifting from Oxley to jld also. Think more than 80% of Singapore must be crazy not to live or aspire to live in jld
    Abercrombie stupid mah, lack foresight of the JLD investors, they will regret. likewise many ministers staying at east side will regret too. wat to do?

Quote Originally Posted by oops
    Retail brands from orchard cant be wrong to open in JLD.. They already know the targeted crowd and potential here. If not, why dont they open elsewhere outside orchard.
    if u notice the "orchard" brands that are venturing into ocr are names like uniqlo, h&m, robinsons, and m&s. These are still brands that primarily sell to the masses, bcos of the population catchement in the west. but where are the luxury and high end boutiques?
    so what does this tell u about the targeted crowd and potential?

Can someone answer me at today context whether we can still get a 1 bedder of 500sqft in town/cbd within 200m of mrt at 1600psf?

The reason I ask this question is to find out whether the whole market is overpriced or just J gateway

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Can someone answer me at today context whether we can still get a 1 bedder of 500sqft in town/cbd within 200m of mrt at 1600psf?

The reason I ask this question is to find out whether the whole market is overpriced or just J gateway

Thanks.
    Im sure you can find a similar unit/location elsewhere with a much lower price tag....

Also look at the selling price around JE. Once you factor in the MRT and JEM, is it still worth paying that much of a premium?

Only you can decide

Quote Originally Posted by august
    if u notice the "orchard" brands that are venturing into ocr are names like uniqlo, h&m, robinsons, and m&s. These are still brands that primarily sell to the masses, bcos of the population catchement in the west. but where are the luxury and high end boutiques?
    so what does this tell u about the targeted crowd and potential?
    Those high end r for CBD OL, Jurong industrial OL carries mid range one.
    Qns: where u buy yr Chanel Boy?
    Ans: Jurong.
    Qns: Wow! Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mu
    Im sure you can find a similar unit/location elsewhere with a much lower price tag....

Also look at the selling price around JE. Once you factor in the MRT and JEM, is it still worth paying that much of a premium?

Only you can decide
    What do you mean by similar location? Tampines, tanah merah ? Are these locations even of comparable attributes?

Yup only the buyers can decide.

What I know is that in town/cbd you can't get at 1600psf

not buying becos of general market conditions not becos of JLD conditions.

I can understand why single expats want to live in a one bedr in town , can't see any logic in renting a one bedr in the outskirt. Moreover a 6xxsft unit at j gateway going for $1 million will probably rent at an average $3k monthly, equating to 3+% yield. Judge for yourself if that is good investment.
    expat normally rent where they work near...
    in OCR, where do you think most job creation will come from? have you got any idea what businesses and who will be planting their foot in JLD? Do a search...not to argue as many would think it is unwise for 1 bedder to kick of compare to CCR but think again, if u are expat working in IBP for e.g., where would you rent, JLD or RV? If JLD, is there many condos?? See, for the past 6yrs or more, not a single launch.
    Let see, many dumb ass might prove a smart ass wrong...

I don't want to wade into the fight, but does anyone know how well sold the devt is right now?

My friend went to kaypoh yest, and said the PRC in front of her bought 6 units.

Re Japanese enclaves, both RV and West Coast are popular. The ones with families, and more limited budgets, prefer the Pasir Panjang / West Coast stretch because of the schools nearby.

The ones who have a bigger budget appear to prefer RV. Some of the really popular condos in the RV stretch with the Japs are Valley Park, Aspen Heights and Rivergate. The latter 2 have golf driving range netting and gold simulator respectively, which may partly explain why. Meidi-ya at Liang Court and the endless Jap restaurants at Robertson Quay make a lot of difference too.

I get the impression that the Japs like to live amongst their own people in the same condo, so unless a lot of them move together / have already moved somewhere else, it might take time for a particular condo to become popular with the Japs.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    Haha no la. Japanese prefers West the most. I don't mind banglas la cos the rental yield is going to be over 4% at J Gateway any way. You can still have your stingy angmohs who pay you 2.8% rental yield for the best Waterford.

I checking out parc oasis.. bigger cheaper better!!
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    ;-)
    It got maintenance issue. Just appear in the news recently. Check it out

That is the main point about renting in suburbs, you can always get something bigger, cheaper n better. For town, bigger n better usually means more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    ;-)

6 units means about $6mio blown there. Power...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    in OCR, where do you think most job creation will come from? have you got any idea what businesses and who will be planting their foot in JLD? Do a search...not to argue as many would think it is unwise for 1 bedder to kick of compare to CCR but think again, if u are expat working in IBP for e.g., where would you rent, JLD or RV? If JLD, is there many condos?? See, for the past 6yrs or more, not a single launch.
    Actually not that true.. Many expats working in the city or cbd lives in the east n west of sg.

have you missed out the why there is a hotel within 300m from the mrt? why compare dist to city? u go orchard rd everyday? what is the purpose of decentralisation? Any OCR with such magnitude of development, can name one?With hosipital, shopping malls, offices, hotel and theme pk or entainterment F&B all within 1km radius? This is not a joke!

good rental yield will be supported by limited supply (PC), job creations, & vibrant surrounding!

Quote Originally Posted by Mu
    I worked around the area at one point.

That time we had the older JE shopping mall next to the MRT.

I am glad that I no longer work there. I think it is one of the worst MRT stops due to the crowds. Everywhere around the area, crowd from the factories etc congregate. In the evening, many people use the vacant land around the MRT as "picnic grounds."

However, if the government is genuinely interested in redeveloping the area to a point that justifies this $1600 price tag, then good.

But if the changes are only cosmetic and quick, then I'm rather skeptical.

Plus points.
    1)MRT
    2)JEM

Minus Points
    1)High price which is unheard of for that area
    2)Gateway to the industrial areas/factories of Tuas/Pioneer, which means the crowd around the area will consist of people attached to those industries
    3) 99 LH
    4) Distance from the city

But seriously to those who are going to buy, I hope you have looked around at the other places.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Actually not that true.. Many expats working in the city or cbd lives in the east n west of sg.
    you are talking about now...about about in 3 yrs time?? look forward bro. west is now playing catch up.... dont be too surprice even though many investors in the east would disagree....sure it is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    so far what new businesses or corporates are setting up offices in JLD? we know MND will be moving to JEM and be anchor tenant, while capitaland will occupy upcoming westgate. they are hardly the types that will bring in new expats or tenants.
    Existing expats in IBP already have their comfy abode, why would they settle for the shoeboxes that is J gate?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi....my budget is limited to 1.5 mil SGD.
    If a crash really happen, interest rate goes up, MSR may be reduced further as lending tightens, do u think u still can afford a $1.5m unit?