Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    For those visiting the showroom, do observe some units with aircon ledge placing next to the balcony.
    what are drawbacks of that?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88
    what are drawbacks of that?
    Some people feel that the hot air blown out from the compressor is not conducive for those sitting at the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    Apparently the word that they use isn't shoeboxes. It's compact living..... Makes it sound a whole lot better than it is
    Living in a compactor?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You have used the word transform for punggol , jurong is still an industrial town, not transformation just addition of these housing projects
    Disagree on this part.
    Transformation means wholly or partly addition, wholly or partly conversion.
    Just like Marina Bay has see a total transformation mainly due to addition of buildings and facilities.

And we have already discussed until the cows come home on how much the Jurong Gateway will be changed due to addition of housing, shopping, office, businesses, medical, hotels, etc. and the conversion of the Jurong Lake for recreational and education.

While there are significant portion of industrial component at the far end of Jurong, that doesn't make Jurong East an industrial town any more. It's just like people don't call the CBD a shipyard town or harbor town anymore, because the government knows its potential and all kinds of opportunities started blooming around the harbor since decades ago .

is it true the penthouses are snapped up even before launch? by staff?

Quote Originally Posted by oops
    Latest news, heard alot agents rushing to buy unit for their own.
    I would consider the Huttons agents lucky, cos MCL would likely have sold some units to their business counterparts liao.

By the way, don't be alarmed if you see "SOLD" tags on some units tomorrow even if the sales will start only next week. I heard MCL have already sold some units to their business partners and staff. I called MCL to try but they wanted me to join the main balloting.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    cannot agree on this one lah. no matter measured in psf or quantum, the property must worh the price.

These days, people are willing to sacrifice space for lifestyle and convenience.
    Hence developers are able to build compact apartment with higher psf.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    These days, people are willing to sacrifice space for lifestyle and convenience.
    Actually higher $psf doesn't necessarily mean less space. As I suggested earlier, it could also mean less WASTED space like elimination of big balconies, planter boxes and bay windows.

Bay windows long gone. Not too big balcony is good. But bigger also is not necessarily bad. Some planters you can deck over. The biggest thing to look out for is if you pay for a huge amount of aircon ledge space. That is totally useless space.

That's a nice way to put it.
    A not so nice way to put it will be, ppl cannot afford higher quantum. And developer ride on ppl's condo aspiration and maximize profit.

SG will probably go the HK route eventually. Where 3bd is 600sqft, and anything above 1000sqft is called "luxury apartment".

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    That's a nice way to put it.
    A not so nice way to put it will be, ppl cannot afford higher quantum. And developer ride on ppl's condo aspiration and maximize profit.

SG will probably go the HK route eventually. Where 3bd is 600sqft, and anything above 1000sqft is called "luxury apartment".
    Its already happening. Nowadays we have normal 3 bedroom units around 900sqft and 3 bedroom "premium" units around 1100sqft.
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/jewel/pdf/jewe...-3-bedroom.pdf
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/jewel/pdf/jewe...om-premium.pdf

$16xxpsf for jurong is simply absurb by any standard, potential or no potential. Moreover there are shopping malls, offices and recreation in practically every town on the island so what is new? Does having all these new amenities that other towns already have what you call potential? potential for what? geez...

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    Disagree on this part.
    Transformation means wholly or partly addition, wholly or partly conversion.
    Just like Marina Bay has see a total transformation mainly due to addition of buildings and facilities.

And we have already discussed until the cows come home on how much the Jurong Gateway will be changed due to addition of housing, shopping, office, businesses, medical, hotels, etc. and the conversion of the Jurong Lake for recreational and education.

While there are significant portion of industrial component at the far end of Jurong, that doesn't make Jurong East an industrial town any more. It's just like people don't call the CBD a shipyard town or harbor town anymore, because the government knows its potential and all kinds of opportunities started blooming around the harbor since decades ago .

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    600m walk under hot sun is like running an ippt. Orchard rd at least have shelter. Never compare them under different condition. Jem is not orchard road and will never be. Orchard already established more than 30 years. Jurong east still have plenty to learn from.
    Ringo trying to tell you that jurong Gateway will be and eco town , go google URA Jurong Gateway elevated pedestrian network and you will be surprised....

All development connected by elevated walkway 6m wide.... no one will be walking on the ground level and no need to wait for traffic lights as well....

This is a first in SG... thats why its so "hot" in Jurong.... but not your kind of hot

Best launch of the year.

$16xxpsf for jurong is simply absurb by any standard, potential or no potential. Moreover there are shopping malls, offices and recreation in practically every town on the island so what is new? Does having all these new amenities that other towns already have what you call potential? potential for what? geez...
    CAnnot make blanket statement like this....
    which shopping malls in suburban have high street fashion?

To be exact, no other suburban location have 5 mega malls, hospital, hotel and commercial offices.. Hard for anyone not to notice these exclusive potential.

Quote Originally Posted by oops
    To be exact, no other suburban location have 5 mega malls, hospital, hotel and commercial offices.. Hard for anyone not to notice these exclusive potential.
    rightly said..... most suburban malls are run of the mills.... watsons, supermarket, guardian..... they are more like the modern town centre with daily neccesities, it not really a mall... you go to suburban mall to buy and then go home, not lifestyle...

JLD malls are new concept malls to compete against each other.... you think if they build 5 similar malls like Tampines it will succeed? Give Capitamall and lendlease a bit more credit lah...

$1650psf at J Gateway is applicable for small 1 bedder unit. For larger 3 bedder etc, the psf price will be much much lower. Perhaps at $1300psf.

if a developer en bloc the entire IH site (which is huge) at say $1200psf, ($2m/1700sqft). their breakeven cost will be at least $1700psf.
    So selling price will be minimum $1900psf (not average), which will translate to $2m for a sub 1000sqft apartment.

Also for IH, the site is around 650m long. So the asking price for a unit from one end to the other could be very different. Hence how do you expect the residents to agree on the common realistic price for en bloc?
    Average prices will be 1550 psf...
    if 1300 psf it will be underpriced... lets see in one week's time

AS for enbloc, at about 850 psf ppr, owners will get 2m. its not just so simplistic calculation coz there are common areas value as well, too troublesome to explain over the net...

850 + 450 building = 1300 osf breakeven... so still not feasible?

There is no other place like JLD where you have almost everything within the 2km radius. From hotels to shopping malls, hospital to schools, offices to warehouses, statutory boards to HDB shops, from golf courses to theme parks.

In 10 to 15 years from now, when you drive by Jurong town hall, you will be greeted by office buildings, hotels, tourist attraction and lake side alfresco cafe and bars etc etc.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

every birdy...let's watch a vee-dio fly pass

http://youtu.be/AJcfFB-n788

Oh. So your blanket statement also meant that Sengkang prices should be no different from Marina Bay's.

My point is just becoz some malls sprouting up in jurong does not warrant prices to go sky high to be higher or equal to areas like river valley. Waterford residences is going for $15xx-16xxpsf, so jurong on par with river valley ? What is the logic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    Oh. So your blanket statement also meant that Sengkang prices should be no different from Marina Bay's.

My point is just becoz some malls sprouting up in jurong does not warrant prices to go sky high to be higher or equal to areas like river valley. Waterford residences is going for $15xx-16xxpsf, so jurong on par with river valley ? What is the logic ?
    Regulators - you missed the increasing number of offices and recreational facilities that will be there, and the interchange that is already there. The ERP along AYE so far west is not built without a purpose.

JLD is not a one trick pony, its a eco-system consisting of business, hotels, healthcare, retails, F&B, leisure, education, residential, education, stat board etc.

The malls are just the icing on the cake.

- repost -

I would beg to differ, there are really many units with poor facing. Let's see how well the developer would price it.

I agree that 1650 is too much a price to pay for the West. I'm too a west person for the past 20years. And I will add that I do not like it here(will be moving to another part of Singapore in a few years), but to people that have been here for a long time tool, they would agree that the developments in the area have indeed brought much excitement. Maybe to many others JLD seems like a very interesting place, but my personal opinion is that the west would always be the west.

But hey, to the people who genuinely like the west and what JLD has to offer, I think it's their dough and they choose how they wish to spend it. We can all lay shit on the development and claim how lousy the area is. But the fact is that it isn't. I've lived in the age where the west was truly as what people claimed. The smell of cocoa in the air/Jurong island air pollution. Despite that, Everyone here still seems to be doing well.

To the people that truly value the convenience it brings, and to the people that feel there is much potential in the area, they aren't wrong. For people who feel that the 1650 could be put to better use somewhere else, you aren't wrong. But it's where we truly feel it best to put our money. What if in the near future the price has appreciated to 2000psf, I'm sure many people would be shitting bricks upon hearing it, but the fact remains that it isn't impossible.Probably many people who liked me, have been living here for almost all of their lives, be it upgrades, investors whatsoever. They feel there is potential to this(though there is pretty much potential everywhere else in Singapore), why should others be critical about how their choice. Though we can give our two cents, but ultimately they aren't spending our money? It belongs to them, they have the right to whatever they want, we have the right to say whatever we want to, but perhaps to the people who have much negativity on this development, perhaps we could give the people who wish to purchase it some peace, and congratulate them on a solid investment.

Having said all of that, I'm neither a spokesperson of MCL, nor am I'm vesting in this project. I was merely giving my two cents.**
    Ride or Die

So these things should make 99yr leasehold in jurong more expensive than freehold ccr adam park, river valley etc ? If govt build twice as many malls in tuas , link mrt there, n sell land to developer to build condos beside tuas mrt, the condo should sell $1800 psf, higher than river valley n Adam rd ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Regulators - you missed the increasing number of offices and recreational facilities that will be there, and the interchange that is already there. The ERP along AYE so far west is not built without a purpose.

So these things should make 99yr leasehold in jurong more expensive than freehold ccr adam park, river valley etc ? If govt build twice as many malls in tuas , link mrt there, n sell land to developer to build condos beside tuas mrt, the condo should sell $1800 psf, higher than river valley n Adam rd ?
    There are several $3000 to $4000 psf LEASEHOLD NINE9 project launching in H2 this year. Easily more expensive than 90% of the FH property in CCR.

I am comparing 99 lh in jurong to freehold ccr property in prime locations ,it makes no sense for the former to be priced higher. To say gateway deserves to be prices higher than river valley just because of jld is like saying a piece of sapphire encased in a tiffany ring would turn the sapphire into a piece of diamond.
    There are several $3000 to $4000 psf LEASEHOLD NINE9 project launching in H2 this year. Easily more expensive than 90% of the FH property in CCR.

The interesting part is government is adding more infrastructure, amenities and commercial space there but the residential plots are limited, thanks to the health concern due to pollution. The very thing that puts people off is making this area a gem. This project is the only one that interests me so far this year though I'm not buying due to limited vit M (I just bought one in JB this year).

I am comparing 99 lh in jurong to freehold ccr property in prime locations ,it makes no sense for the former to be priced higher.
    The potential buyers will decide and the results will be out soon.......We can then see how much faith these buyers have on the garmen planning for JLD.....