Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27323742475253545556575859606162677277 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2455

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Your point being the additional 100++ 1br units being added from JG in 3 years time will cause the rental of all 1br in that area to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i expect agents like yourself to know how many 1br/studio units there are in Caspian. Do u know?

now in comparison how many 1br/studio units there are in J Gate? the difference is staggering.

i expect agents like yourself to know how many 1br/studio units there are in Caspian. Do u know?

now in comparison how many 1br/studio units there are in J Gate? the difference is staggering.
    not when you consider the number of new and additional establishments, jobs and businesses that is moving into JLD over the next 5 to 10 years.

Further west, there is also big Wenya Industrial estates that is currently being develop and also the Cleantech park next to NTU which is going to attract many new companies to the West.

JLD will eventually be a central commercial hub for companies in the western region and a sort after address to live for people working in the west.

At the moment, there are too many jobs coming to west but there is not enough residential supply in the JLD.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I personally feel that J gateway is crazily priced for the future, @ 1600 psf.

Its good for your ownstay i guess, knowing what is upcoming to that area with JEM already there and many more establishments in the future.

Investment wise, i would rather choose a more central area, closer to CBD like kallang or marine parade.

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2

Its good for your ownstay i guess, knowing what is upcoming to that area with JEM already there and many more establishments in the future.

Investment wise, i would rather choose a more central area, closer to CBD like kallang or marine parade.
    whats your criteria for investment property?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I think majority of the units are below $1600. Low floor 3/4 bedders could even be below $1400.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    I think majority of the units are below $1600. Low floor 3/4 bedders could even be below $1400.
    The jam is very bad in that area... By car... U check out the MRT station also...But sold out on preview, must be very good.

The agents doing a damn good job, that is the only thing worth commending. Singaporeans so easy to fool, throw some big plans around n developer can jack up pxs by 600psf above the surrounding projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFiestaOwner
    The jam is very bad in that area... By car... U check out the MRT station also...But sold out on preview, must be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The agents doing a damn good job, that is the only thing worth commending
    Its not the agents, its the product lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    whats your criteria for investment property?
    Capital appreciation.

I based my investment on land planning areas, future growth, rentability (who are your future tenants)

And one key factor i personally see as alot of people have overlooked.

VIEW.

Capital appreciation.

I based my investment on land planning areas, future growth, rentability (who are your future tenants)

And one key factor i personally see as alot of people have overlooked.

VIEW.

In terms of planning area, future growth, and rental, I think JLD is perhap the best suburban district you can find.

Why do you think J Gateway has got no potential for capital appreciations?

If neighboring Caspian can rent out their 1 bedder at 3K, I am sure J Gateway should be able to command 3.5K min. Wont high rental not push the property price higher?

In terms of planning area, future growth, and rental, I think JLD is perhap the best suburban district you can find.

If neighboring Caspian can rent out their 1 bedder at 3K, I am sure J Gateway should be able to command 3.5K min. Wont high rental not push the property price higher?

JLD has Potential. Just that i am not too sure how much it can go up till.

I hope the middle income gap increases.

If you're getting for ownstay is the best. long term. Also serve as investment.

There is no doubt for sure if higher rental will lead to Higher asking prices.

But the thing is, will more people from the east(Richer ones) be willing to relocate to jurong in the future? I'm not too sure. Unless the Jurong becomes very "wang" !

Depends on Govt, perhaps they want to balance things out.

LOL, too simplistic. When interest rate goes up let's see what kind of rental yield there is.

LOL, too simplistic. When interest rate goes up let's see what kind of rental yield there is.
    Please dont try to make your simplistic response sound credible.
    Presenting in front of you are FACTS and FIGURES, not some made up numbers pluck from the air.

When interest rate rises, all property owners in Singapore will be affected, but those affected most will be owners of property with low yield. If you look up squarefoot.com.sg, you will noticed that Jurong condo rental yield among the best in Singapore, so jurong residents will have lease worries.

JLD has Potential. Just that i am not too sure how much it can go up till.

I hope the middle income gap increases.

If you're getting for ownstay is the best. long term. Also serve as investment.

There is no doubt for sure if higher rental will lead to Higher asking prices.

But the thing is, will more people from the east(Richer ones) be willing to relocate to jurong in the future? I'm not too sure. Unless the Jurong becomes very "wang" !

Depends on Govt.
    There are over 1m of residents population surrounding JLD and majority are in the age of between 20 to 40 years old. And thats the reason why J Gateway sold out within a day and i am sure it has got nothing to do with "RICH" people from the east etc.

Every thing about Jurong gateway is already in motion, hence MND and Khaw Boon Wan himself is moving into JLD next year. Hence there is absolutely nothing that can stop it from being the largest commercial and regional center our CBD.

Presenting in front of you are FACTS and FIGURES, not some made up numbers pluck from the air.

When interest rate rises, all property owners in Singapore will be affected, but those affected most will be owners of property with low yield. If you look up squarefoot.com.sg, you will noticed that Jurong condo rental yield among the best in Singapore, so jurong residents will have lease worries.
    and what FACTS do u have when it comes to J Gate's future rental?
    J gate has potential. but dont try too hard please. it is looking silly.

jurong rental yield is good for people who purchase as first owners or at a low price of $600-700psf, not at your entry level for j gateway. You keep looking at JLD development and the rental amount of Caspian to justify ur purchase without looking at ur entry price, which is a fatal mistake. Any resale project would fare better than your buy for one simple reason that u still cannot collect rental income now and have to wait 4 years. u are placing a very heavy bet on what is happening 4 years from now and that is what i mean as uncertain future. if investors can start collecting rent at the onset they are already years ahead of you and $150k richer than u before you even get the keys to ur j gateway unit, which was why i recommended u to buy a new resale unit which is readily rentable. If you choose to focus too much on statistics and speculate only what is going to happen 4 years down the road, then good luck to you. In the meantime, smart investors would already be having money in their pockets every month even before u start anything.

Last edited by Regulators; 01-07-13 at 00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    jurong rental yield is good for people who purchase as first owners or at a low price of $600-700psf, not at your entry level for j gateway. You keep looking at JLD development and the rental amount of Caspian to justify ur purchase without looking at ur entry price, which is a fatal mistake. Any resale project would fare better than your buy for one simple reason that u still cannot collect rental income now and have to wait 4 years.
    I am not sure what rubbish you are talking about here. When comparing rental yield, we always use CURRENT rent with CURRENT price. Nobody is interest to know about what entry or historical price.

Please stop biting off more than you can chew. What happen to our Mackenzie 88 discussion? Why capital appreciation so low huh? Rental also low leh, almost similar to rental rate of Caspian.

and what FACTS do u have when it comes to J Gate's future rental?
    J gate has potential. but dont try too hard please. it is looking silly.
    The FACT is that rent is all about supply and demand. And I have already presented to you the demand side of the equation, and I have also presented example of 1 bedder rent at Caspian. Why Caspian? Because thats is the only TOP project in Jurong Area that has got 1 bedder MM apartment.

Calling me silly without supporting facts only make you look weak. Please try harder next time.

A story of my friend.
    Recently he just bought a 3BR resale condo at 1.5m.
    Including SD, he paid 1.65m. The rental at the place is currently only 3.6k.
    The net yield is only 2%. He was thinking its ok as long as he can cover the monthly installment.

I see him getting into himself into a "trap". Assuming 5 years later (after 4yrs SSD), he wants to sell at 100k profit, and with everything remain status quote, the next buyer must fork out 2m (including BSD) for a miserable 1+% yield on a 10 yrs old condo. Can he find that buyer?

Next worry for him is when interest rate rise to 3.5% or above. He will have to top up cash as his rental is not sufficient to cover his loan.

I think J getway is slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    A story of my friend.
    Recently he just bought a 3BR resale condo at 1.5m.
    Including SD, he paid 1.65m. The rental at the place is currently only 3.6k.
    The net yield is only 2%. He was thinking its ok as long as he can cover the monthly installment.

I see him getting into himself into a "trap". Assuming 5 years later (after 4yrs SSD), he wants to sell at 100k profit, and with everything remain status quote, the next buyer must fork out 2m (including BSD) for a miserable 1+% yield on a 10 yrs old condo. Can he find that buyer?

Next worry for him is when interest rate rise to 3.5% or above. He will have to top up cash as his rental is not sufficient to cover his loan.

I think J getway is slightly better.
    I am sure your friend's condo is not location within the JLD.

Its not the agents, its the product lah.
    Ringo33, did you or your family or friends buy J Gateway?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Ringo33, did you or your family or friends buy J Gateway?
    As per what I've asked a few times. I have not gotten a reply. I'm not sure if it's himself he is trying to convince.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    As per what I've asked a few times. I have not gotten a reply. I'm not sure if it's himself he is trying to convince.
    why you guy so busy body. Yes or No, it's still sold out project.

Ivory Heights looks cheap at below $800 psf.
    Westmere is slightly better at below $900 psf.
    These 2 older condos look rather appealing now since they are within walking distance to Jurong East mrt interchange and in the JLD plan.

Pardon me... Ivory Heights was HUDC privatised. Enbloc potential leh.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Ivory Heights looks cheap at below $800 psf.
    Westmere is slightly better at below $900 psf.
    These 2 older condos look rather appealing now since they are within walking distance to Jurong East mrt interchange and in the JLD plan.
    did you check how many units are being put of market for sale?

There are over 1m of residents population surrounding JLD and majority are in the age of between 20 to 40 years old. And thats the reason why J Gateway sold out within a day and i am sure it has got nothing to do with "RICH" people from the east etc.

Every thing about Jurong gateway is already in motion, hence MND and Khaw Boon Wan himself is moving into JLD next year. Hence there is absolutely nothing that can stop it from being the largest commercial and regional center our CBD.

I'm definitely going to keep a close one on the commercial side of jurong!

If you have gotten your choice unit for J gateway, congrats to you!

To other bros in forum, this place is to share ideas, i hope you guys dont get overly affected. And start bashing.

One's man meat is another's poison.

mackenzie 88 capital appreciation low??? What rubbish are you sprouting? M88 has gone up by $600-800psf and you call that low? As mentioned, anyone purchasing a one bedder at m88 now would be faring much better than ur tiny dog box in j gateway coz by the time u collect the keys to ur dog box, the m88 new owner would already have earned rental income of $3000 x 48 = $144000. That is just the side dish. From now till j gateway TOP, there will be another spike in price for all condos in singapore as goonies like you would have helped the general property market move up a notch. When m88 increases by another $300psf before you get the keys to your dog box, the m88 owner would have cashed out with $144k + $150k = $294k gross while goonies like u will still be dreaming about ur set of keys to the dog box. This is a classic example of what it means by a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

I am not sure what rubbish you are talking about here. When comparing rental yield, we always use CURRENT rent with CURRENT price. Nobody is interest to know about what entry or historical price.

Please stop biting off more than you can chew. What happen to our Mackenzie 88 discussion? Why capital appreciation so low huh? Rental also low leh, almost similar to rental rate of Caspian.
    Last edited by Regulators; 01-07-13 at 00:47.

J Gateway folks living on high floor like... 21st storey and above will have good view... Let's check out Ivory Heights

did you check how many units are being put of market for sale?
    I don't have such insider's info. Please share. Thank you so much.

I'm definitely going to keep a close one on the commercial side of jurong!

If you have gotten your choice unit for J gateway, congrats to you!

To other bros in forum, this place is to share ideas, i hope you guys dont get overly affected. And start bashing.

One's man meat is another's poison.
    The commercial side of JLD is the easiest part as there are so many ways which URA can develop it. e.g. releasing a new commercial site for medical center to compliment NTFGH, like Novena.

The harder part of the equation will be to build tourist attraction over at Lakeside area. And for that to happen, I think they will need to bring in RWS.