Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728293031323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Hotels there are many kinds, what hotel u referring to? 5 star hotel? Would tourists pay $300/night to live in jld or marina bay?
    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    have you missed out the why there is a hotel within 300m from the mrt? why compare dist to city? u go orchard rd everyday? what is the purpose of decentralisation? Any OCR with such magnitude of development, can name one?With hosipital, shopping malls, offices, hotel and theme pk or entainterment F&B all within 1km radius? This is not a joke!

good rental yield will be supported by limited supply (PC), job creations, & vibrant surrounding!

Can we stop comparing JLD to city.

JLD definitely cannot compare to city.

City pricing on the other hand is way above JLD. 1600psf in JLD, 2000 or more in city. 3000 or more for bay area?

However what should be of concern is whether the pricing in JLD is considered a premium compared to other town outside the city.

Published November 28, 2012Westgate mall draws healthy interestHalf the retail space pre-leased a year ahead of openingBy ong chor haoTHE mall in the upcoming Westgate development in Jurong East has seen healthy interest a year ahead of its targeted opening in December next year.CapitaMalls Asia (CMA), CapitaMalls Trust and CapitaLand, which own the mixed development through a joint venture, said yesterday that to date, about half the retail space has been pre-leased.This is despite rents being generally higher than at CMA's two other Jurong East properties, IMM Building and JCube. Westgate commands rents of $16 to $18 per sq ft per month (psf pm) - at the upper end of the $10 to $18 psf pm for all three properties.Among the Westgate mall's anchor tenants are Isetan, which will run its first supermarket outside Orchard Road, and Food Republic; other tenants include Yamaha music school, Paradise Dynasty restaurant and Paul Bakery.The venture said that the mall would tap a captive market of more than a million people - including middle-income families and working professionals - living or working in western Singapore, though its catchment will come from across the island.That the mall will be connected to the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and LendLease's JEM mall will bring it traffic; its link to the Jurong East MRT station and proximity to the Jurong East bus interchange will also bring some 1.8 million commuters a month, the venture said.The mall will have a net lettable area of 416,000 sq ft - about the same size as the retail area in Raffles City Singapore."In short, we are bringing Raffles City to Jurong East," said Wee Su Lin, the general manager of WestgateThe mall will have a thematic playground designed by an American theme park designer who has worked on attractions at Universal Studios and Disneyland.It will also have a gym, a childcare centre and a naturally-ventilated area called the Courtyard, a covered outdoor shopping area bathed in natural light and cooled by jet blowers and air diffusers.Besides the seven floors of shops of this family and lifestyle mall, Westgate will have a 20-storey office building called Westgate Tower, into which the CapitaLand Group will move from end-2014.The Westgate development is part of Jurong Gateway, which the Urban Redevelopment Authority has earmarked as one of three key commercial hubs outside the city centre that will provide jobs closer to where people live.

To be follow up in Dec 2013.

sounds like u never travel for business or you big towkay only work in sg...if you need to go JLD for meeting clients here, u stay in marina bay?? what kind of question is this?
    so if u want to visit the theme pk or entertainment in JLD, visit zoo, bird pk, etc and you only have one day one night, u stay in marina for what? also, hotel not only for tourists la, also for business travelers ...

put your sight beyond 3yrs....not now...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Hotels there are many kinds, what hotel u referring to? 5 star hotel? Would tourists pay $300/night to live in jld or marina bay?

So ritz carlton, Hilton n oriental hotel should be set up in jld to simply cater to mnc bosses meeting clients in jurong island? Oh so ceos of companies cannot live in marina bay n travel to meet clients in jurong ?? Geez...
    sounds like u never travel for business or you big towkay only work in sg...if you need to go JLD for meeting clients here, u stay in marina bay?? what kind of question is this?

the price of $1650 psf may make some ccr owners, for example domain 21, eye red. but compared with the newly launched pcs in the east, bukit panjang, and far north east, it is really comparable.

previously, i also think the pricing is too high. but viewing the hot arguments incurred, i think i may be wrong.there is no logic. just because all projects with a lot of diverging comments turned out successful in the end.

I'm just trying to tell you why ppl would choose to stay there and I'm not disputing whether they should put up in ritz carlton or elsewhere... they can even choose to stay in sentosa.....
    So ritz carlton, Hilton n oriental hotel should be set up in jld to simply cater to mnc bosses meeting clients in jurong island? Oh so ceos of companies cannot live in marina bay n travel to meet clients in jurong ?? Geez...

One dumb ass might think he's the smartest ass.

1) to reach jurong need long drive to reach here.
    2) too many hdbs enclave and the crowd living there r totally different from those in CBD. You open hermes, Chanel, prada there who will buy? The old HDB aunties? Or the normal working class?
    3) if jurong worth as much as CBD, why MCL wouldn't price it 2500 to 3500 psf?
    Jurong can never be the CBD and can never be. The type of people living there will determine the environment and thus the quality.
    The environment there is totally different from east coast, tanjong rhu, marina.

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate. How much rental can it yield? 4k per month? Logical or illogical? Then why don't I rent he sail instead?
    But to match jurong's living quality with CBD quality is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan

2) too many hdbs enclave and the crowd living there r totally different from those in CBD. You open hermes, Chanel, prada there who will buy? The old HDB aunties? Or the normal working class?
    Jurong can never be the CBD and can never be. The type of people living there will determine the environment and thus the quality.
    The environment there is totally different from east coast, tanjong rhu, marina.

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate.
    just agents trying to talk up without logic... lol

I agree some business people might choose to bunk at the hotels in jld for convenience, for leisure if prices of rooms are equal to town, i am not so certain unless the room prices are enticing enough in jld. It would certainly be an eye popper if big hotel names appear in jld
    I'm just trying to tell you why ppl would choose to stay there and I'm not disputing whether they should put up in ritz carlton or elsewhere... they can even choose to stay in sentosa.....

Last time, using 100k, u collect 4k monthly rental.
    Den it becomes 200k, 400k n now 600k, for u to collect 4k rental.

I agree some business people might choose to bunk at the hotels in jld for convenience, for leisure if prices of rooms are equal to town, i am not so certain unless the room prices are enticing enough in jld. It would certainly be an eye popper if big hotel names appear in jld
    I am rather sure that MNCs will not add "non central" and "non branded" hotels into their registry unless there is a clear need to do so, i.e the distance/accessibility to their intended locations require the addition of such hotels. In Singapore, where got accessibility issue?? U live in CBD, you can easily reach every part of the island...Plus after work, you can entertain clients etc in the CBD area.....I cannot imagine entertaining clients in JE

Quote Originally Posted by Mu
    I am rather sure that MNCs will not add "non central" and "non branded" hotels into their registry unless there is a clear need to do so, i.e the distance/accessibility to their intended locations require the addition of such hotels. In Singapore, where got accessibility issue?? U live in CBD, you can easily reach every part of the island...Plus after work, you can entertain clients etc in the CBD area.....I cannot imagine entertaining clients in JE

The mall will have a net lettable area of 416,000 sq ft - about the same size as the retail area in Raffles City Singapore."In short, we are bringing Raffles City to Jurong East," said Wee Su Lin, the general manager of Westgate

you cannot imagine thats because you have a narrow aspect into other trades.... ppl started very much to think that JLD is going to be comparable to CBD and thats why they started to make comment that that is not possible.

but who says it is going to replace the current CBD? Who says it will be the next Shenton Way?

you prefer to stay in CBD doesn't mean that it make perfect sense for all to put up there...just like for some of my friends staying in pasir ris, i always ask them, why, u go airport everyday? how many times u go pasir ris beach? so, why pasir ris?? i believe they have their own reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    I checking out parc oasis.. bigger cheaper better!!
    ;-)
    You r the smartest ass

You r the smartest ass
    why dont u ask him to check lakepoint condo.....lagi best... thats the way it should be right....

you cannot imagine thats because you have a narrow aspect into other trades.... ppl started very much to think that JLD is going to be comparable to CBD and thats why they started to make comment that that is not possible.

but who says it is going to replace the current CBD? Who says it will be the next Shenton Way?

you prefer to stay in CBD doesn't mean that it make perfect sense for all to put up there...just like for some of my friends staying in pasir ris, i always ask them, why, u go airport everyday? how many times u go pasir ris beach? so, why pasir ris?? i believe they have their own reasons...
    We're not talking abt preference here. We are talking about investment potential and whether paying $1600 is worth it.

If you're telling me that companies are going to add JE into their hotel/Expat condo registries, I'll be damned.

then u should define your investment value...capital appreciation, yields, etc and looking into a longer time horizon.

We're not talking abt preference here. We are talking about investment potential and whether paying $1600 is worth it.

If you're telling me that companies are going to add JE into their hotel/Expat condo registries, I'll be damned.

Let's not get into heated debate over this issue... I reckon it's pointless!

Come to think of it, investors should be happy that this project is going for 1600psf n not 800psf ! This shows the property scene in sg is still vibrant n healthy despite so many CMs.
    Further down the road, prices in other areas will equally move in tandem... Win win situation for investors..

What's worrying are more CMs in the near future!
    Last edited by fiat500; 16-06-13 at 14:09.

50% believe 50% not... It already conclude whether can buy .

If 100% believe: you better not buy

Quote Originally Posted by august
    so far what new businesses or corporates are setting up offices in JLD? we know MND will be moving to JEM and be anchor tenant, while capitaland will occupy upcoming westgate. they are hardly the types that will bring in new expats or tenants.
    Existing expats in IBP already have their comfy abode, why would they settle for the shoeboxes that is J gate?
    There is a 1100 bed hospital a hotel a new office block to be launch by sim lian. And how do you know that capitaland MND BCA AVA doesn't employ expat?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate. How much rental can it yield? 4k per month? Logical or illogical? Then why don't I rent he sail instead?
    quality post~!

now then want to board the boat! MBT already tell u, i will clamp and he show u many times he will clamp. next few years confirm no meat left, wanna buy for rental play, buy completed units ba. $$$$ in hand is worth x10 more in the imagination world.

Yes, u r right, makes no sense paying future pricing n imagine future rental yield 4 years later. I always buy resale unless new launch prices too good to be true. So far all i can say about jgateway pricing is
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    quality post~!

now then want to board the boat! MBT already tell u, i will clamp and he show u many times he will clamp. next few years confirm no meat left, wanna buy for rental play, buy completed units ba. $$$$ in hand is worth x10 more in the imagination world.

You totally misinterpreted what JLD is supposed to be. It's not meant to be central nor is it meant to be central business district.it is just the largest commercial business hub outside CBD?

The population in the west is big enough to support the business for JLD and JLD is not meant to provide the needs of people living in central or the east.

So please stop making nonsensical comparison,
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

It's only cheque collection for interest right???

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    I don't want to wade into the fight, but does anyone know how well sold the devt is right now?

My friend went to kaypoh yest, and said the PRC in front of her bought 6 units.

Re Japanese enclaves, both RV and West Coast are popular. The ones with families, and more limited budgets, prefer the Pasir Panjang / West Coast stretch because of the schools nearby.

The ones who have a bigger budget appear to prefer RV. Some of the really popular condos in the RV stretch with the Japs are Valley Park, Aspen Heights and Rivergate. The latter 2 have golf driving range netting and gold simulator respectively, which may partly explain why. Meidi-ya at Liang Court and the endless Jap restaurants at Robertson Quay make a lot of difference too.

I get the impression that the Japs like to live amongst their own people in the same condo, so unless a lot of them move together / have already moved somewhere else, it might take time for a particular condo to become popular with the Japs.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Any update for the sales?

Yes really keen to know how the sales are moving??

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Actually J Gateway is really a no brainer.

When JLD TOP, thousands of shoppers from all over Singapore will come to JLD every weekend and they will be admiring at the majestic sight of J Gateway standing next to all those shopping mall and offices
    Because you talked like the whole singapore will flock to JLD every weekend.
    Ya lor, all other shopping centers, businesses in prime areas/other areas can close down already.
    Who is making nonsensical comparison here?
    JLD dare to launch at this kinda price, you cannot stop others like regulator to compare Waterford (prime areas) with J. Frankly speaking, very seldom u heard many people saying staying in jurong is conducive.
    And btw, I had no doubts about J's potential and rental opportunities, the question is how much meat is left after 1800psf including stamp duty. If u think still got a lot of meat, please go ahead and buy lah. I also believe there will be many faithful supporters like you and the project will be a sellout.

Because you talked like the whole singapore will flock to JLD every weekend.
    Ya lor, all other shopping centers, businesses in prime areas/other areas can close down already.
    Who is making nonsensical comparison here?
    JLD dare to launch at this kinda price, you cannot stop others like regulator to compare Waterford (prime areas) with J. Frankly speaking, very seldom u heard many people saying staying in jurong is conducive.
    And btw, I had no doubts about J's potential and rental opportunities, the question is how much meat is left after 1800psf including stamp duty. If u think still got a lot of meat, please go ahead and buy lah. I also believe there will be many faithful supporters like you and the project will be a sellout.

If project is sellout.....then welcome to CM8

Why do many of you keep saying future price ah? You are sure the future price in 4 years will still be $1600psf on average? You are absolutely sure?