Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

funny. pay so much for west side.

why don't pay lower for geylang, nearer to town somemore minus the whores if u can close one eye.

You can say the same about living in nassim rd, grange rd, orange grove rd, Adam rd, these places do not have as massive a project as jld so they should be cheaper??? Geez...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    Seriously I do not know any advantage of living in River Valley besides its proximity to Orchard and the town.

Imagine the whole of Singapore sink to the bottom of the sea except JLD. The JLD will still survive on its own, given that all the aspects of life-sustaining infrastructure (such as reservoir), commercial, financial, education, recreational, retail, housing, government, transportation, industrial, medical, nature (yes even nature) are all still there.

But let's say whole of Singapore sinks to the bottom of the sea but leaving River Valley intact? River Valley might as well just sink with the rest.

Of course I am not banging on the day that Armageddon happens. But I am trying to show you how extensive Jurong is going to be.

So that's the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You can say the same about living in nassim rd, grange rd, orange grove rd, Adam rd, these places do not have as massive a project as jld so they should be cheaper??? Geez...
    Yes you are right. I am saying that.
    Like I said, if you dislodge the whole JLD from its current location and put it in the the current location of Nassim, then the price should reach at least $6k psf.

You think Nassim will still be at its current price with the vastness and amenities of JLD coming to Nassim? Geez x 2....

Since sail launch till marina bay was developed , only a few years , how u compare with jld?the time jld will take to develop is as long as a person just getting married n by the time it materialise , the couple's kid already ready to go army
    Simple: you cannot get prices of current when the future is materialized.
    Just like some people says buying The Sail at $700psf in 2005 is dumb bcos you are paying for the future.

Anyway, no use arguing since you do not have a good grasp of the JLD. By saying that JLD is only a few malls sprung up here and there, you are already telling us how much you know about JLD. The crowd at JLD says things for themselves. Pictures coming up.

Yes you are right. I am saying that.
    Like I said, if you dislodge the whole JLD from its current location and put it in the the current location of Nassim, then the price should reach at least $6k psf.

You think Nassim will still be at its current price with the vastness and amenities of JLD coming to Nassim? Geez x 2....
    Some people, like myself, do not like to be too near to activities and amenities, especially 'lifestyle' attractions which attract too many people. We appreciate the quietness and exclusivity of our environment, without the need to be bothered by crowds. It is enough to have such services and amenities within a short drive.

Every house has its owner. I feel JLD does have potential from an investment perspective, but I doubt I will ever want to live there.

Just to put things in perspective, with the Marina Bay story unfolding beautifully right in the CBD, with all its offices, hotels, Gardens by the Bay, RWS, and numerous other developments years ahead of JLD, prices are still pretty subdued. I think 6k psf is a pretty unsupported number.

JLD 10-15 yrs realisation or not, all i will say is pay attention to the pty cycle.

Since sail launch till marina bay was developed , only a few years , how u compare with jld?the time jld will take to develop is as long as a person just getting married n by the time it materialise , the couple's kid already ready to go army
    Good point. Which is precisely why you still can buy JLD at a low price of $1600 psf NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by oops
    Wow JEM mall really got orchard feel!
    yes yes. Im shopping there now. The show flat also fully packed.

Furnishing is so so, no marble flooring. Built in wardrobe very tasteless. Look like army camp cupboard. But feel it will still sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Some people, like myself, do not like to be too near to activities and amenities, especially 'lifestyle' attractions which attract too many people. We appreciate the quietness and exclusivity of our environment, without the need to be bothered by crowds. It is enough to have such services and amenities within a short drive.

Every house has its owner. I feel JLD does have potential from an investment perspective, but I doubt I will ever want to live there.

Just to put things in perspective, with the Marina Bay story unfolding beautifully right in the CBD, with all its offices, hotels, Gardens by the Bay, RWS, and numerous other developments years ahead of JLD, prices are still pretty subdued. I think 6k psf is a pretty unsupported number.
    Fair enough.

And that is precisely my point in my earlier post! If the whole JLD goes to Marina, shouldn't the prices be at least $3k psf?

Which is why I say $1600psf for J Gateway is definitely fair.

Fair enough.

Is Nassim thrice better the location of JLD? Probably.
    But is JLD's development and opportunities and amenities 10 times of Nassim? I will say definitely.
    Which is why I say $1600psf for J Gateway is definitely fair.
    $1600psf is not cheap. But it depends on how people look at it. If there were any downturn, prices would drop slightly. But when market continue moving up north, by few years time, people will say why didn't they get the unit at $1600psf then as the prices has gone up to $2000+psf?

The number of years that JLD takes to complete means that it is going to be more extensive than Marina Bay. You can already see it in the blueprint (oops I know you have not), no guessing needed.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    JLD 10-15 yrs realisation or not, all i will say is pay attention to the pty cycle.
    a statement with a lot of acumen embedded within. wise words.

perhaps i will revisit this project a few years down during sub sale phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    $1600psf is not cheap. But it depends on how people look at it. If there were any downturn, prices would drop slightly. But when market continue moving up north, by few years time, people will say why didn't they get the unit at $1600psf then as the prices has gone up to $2000+psf?
    Exactly.
    Too many examples to show.
    Anyway it is the only private condo at Jurong East. Want the owners to re-sell at lower prices during peace time? Wait lor.. Wait maybe got chance.

Default You'd need to be patient to queue to get into J Gateway

oh my, what a turn off.

Back end of the queue, which is OUTSIDE the showflat...

oh my, what a turn off.
    Sigh... bo bian... This is the hottest project I have seen for a long time. Superb location is like that one....
    Only the lucky ones get an unit.

Can you already imagine how the resale market is going to be in a few years?

Wow! Amazing! If this is for investment, definitely worth it.

Saw agents with potential buyers outside JEM.

Disagree on this part.
    Transformation means wholly or partly addition, wholly or partly conversion.
    Just like Marina Bay has see a total transformation mainly due to addition of buildings and facilities.

And we have already discussed until the cows come home on how much the Jurong Gateway will be changed due to addition of housing, shopping, office, businesses, medical, hotels, etc. and the conversion of the Jurong Lake for recreational and education.

While there are significant portion of industrial component at the far end of Jurong, that doesn't make Jurong East an industrial town any more. It's just like people don't call the CBD a shipyard town or harbor town anymore, because the government knows its potential and all kinds of opportunities started blooming around the harbor since decades ago .
    is tampiness selling 1600psf already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    There is no other place like JLD where you have almost everything within the 2km radius. From hotels to shopping malls, hospital to schools, offices to warehouses, statutory boards to HDB shops, from golf courses to theme parks.

In 10 to 15 years from now, when you drive by Jurong town hall, you will be greeted by office buildings, hotels, tourist attraction and lake side alfresco cafe and bars etc etc.

best place to plant more ERP gantry ; )

Quote Originally Posted by oops
    Saw agents with potential buyers outside JEM.
    those potential buyers think still got chance?

wise statement indeed

Bro, i dont know how old u r now. 15yrs from now , i would be in my early fifties, at that time i really wont a shit about jld n the hoohah in that area n would just concentrate on living a peaceful life
    The number of years that JLD takes to complete means that it is going to be more extensive than Marina Bay. You can already see it in the blueprint (oops I know you have not), no guessing needed.

wah, the crowd is enormous...

MCL project all like that?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    is tampiness selling 1600psf already?
    Nope. But AMK has long crossed that. Without any new blueprint at all.

Good point. Which is precisely why you still can buy JLD at a low price of $1600 psf NOW.
    ah boy, $1600 is low ah?? no wonder 50% car DP is not affecting pple.

Bro, i dont know how old u r now. 15yrs from now , i would be in my early fifties, at that time i really wont a shit about jld n the hoohah in that area n would just concentrate on living a peaceful life
    Understood.

Agree with you that for those who are buying for immediate gratification, or for those who are buying for own peaceful stay, perhaps J Gateway is really not suitable...