Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The midtown @ Hougang Plaza (Mix development)

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool00
    Compared with other launches within a 2km radius, this one is too expensive.
    Commercial seemed to be doing better than the residential

Is the residential selling out good?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Commercial seemed to be doing better than the residential
    In most mixed development so far, commercial always do better than residential.

Demand for commercial is heating up. People see it as lower cash outlay, higher returns and if lucky can get a long term tenant who help pay off half your loan!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    In most mixed development so far, commercial always do better than residential.

Demand for commercial is heating up. People see it as lower cash outlay, higher returns and if lucky can get a long term tenant who help pay off half your loan!

DKSG
    Still dun understand why commercial is so hot especially at areas where there are already many commercial HDB shops, like this one and Alexandra. Wouldn't a tenant opt for a lower cost option especially if their customers are hdb folks ??

Would have seriously considered this one if it was purely residential.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Still dun understand why commercial is so hot especially at areas where there are already many commercial HDB shops, like this one and Alexandra. Wouldn't a tenant opt for a lower cost option especially if their customers are hdb folks ??

Would have seriously considered this one if it was purely residential.
    Because commercial no ABSD and no seller stamp duty....investors playground.... private properties have too much upfront cost... Wish them good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Because commercial no ABSD and no seller stamp duty....investors playground.... private properties have too much upfront cost... Wish them good luck.
    BUT, there is something call GST which is 7%.

This one top 2018. I noticed some or most mixed developments have TOP dates rather far away in the future, any reasons? Thanks!

mayb this one is to time near the completion of the hougang integrated hub
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Residential units no sales?

Agents, come share share the sales percentage leh.

Yup.. wonder whether stack 17 sold out?

Called one agent. Was told studio from 1.5 to 1.8k psf. Is that true???????

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Called one agent. Was told studio from 1.5 to 1.8k psf. Is that true???????

If its true then it's much more higher than WT in term of Psf.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    If its true then it's much more higher than WT in term of Psf.

Considering that Hougang will be a major junction between the future Cross island line and northeast line and the new mega mall that will be built on the empty plot next to the current mrt station, the upsides are definitely worth the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by aneegin
    Considering that Hougang will be a major junction between the future Cross island line and northeast line and the new mega mall that will be built on the empty plot next to the current mrt station, the upsides are definitely worth the $$.

You from which agency?

Quote Originally Posted by aneegin

I can buy a river valley unit at the same price...freehold.

Hougang 1500-1800psf? Sure or not?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Hougang 1500-1800psf? Sure or not?
    This range must be before great discounts. Max should b <$1600psf

Looks like cooling measure is pushing price up.
    J gateway start from 1600psf, n their 3 bedded only have 883 sqft
    Think Sennett is better then.

51 sold in apr at 1479psf median. 109 to go.

Very quiet now from this project.

another 20 units sold at 1427psf median. 63 out of 160 units left.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    another 20 units sold at 1427psf median. 63 out of 160 units left.
    Midtown 1 bedder is about $180-200 per psf more expensive than that of Jewel, which is only one station down the purple line. Though Midtown has a mini shopping mall right below its residential portion, to me it still can't really justify the 200 bucks premium per psf over Jewel. In terms of future rental, I seriously doubt the two has substantial difference. Somemore Jewel is a full facility condo, which looks more appealing to tenants. just my

Hougang is a matured estate.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung
    Midtown 1 bedder is about $180-200 per psf more expensive than that of Jewel, which is only one station down the purple line. Though Midtown has a mini shopping mall right below its residential portion, to me it still can't really justify the 200 bucks premium per psf over Jewel. In terms of future rental, I seriously doubt the two has substantial difference. Somemore Jewel is a full facility condo, which looks more appealing to tenants. just my
    To me, That one station make whole lot of diff. I will choose hougang location over sengkang or ponggol. I still hv this mentality when u hear ppl staying at sengkang or ponggol.. I will find these location so ulu..just like jurong west or woodlands. That is just me.

If you live in Midtown, you literally don't need to go anywhere else to buy things as almost everything you need can be found within a few metres.
    There are 2 supermarkets there both NTUC (1 is 24 hours), wet market, clinics, dentists , shopping centre, post office, library, shopping mall, lots of food.

However in Jewel, there are amenities near by but not as much and large scale as in Hougang Central.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    If you live in Midtown, you literally don't need to go anywhere else to buy things as almost everything you need can be found within a few metres.
    There are 2 supermarkets there both NTUC (1 is 24 hours), wet market, clinics, dentists , shopping centre, post office, library, shopping mall, lots of food.

However in Jewel, there are amenities near by but not as much and large scale as in Hougang Central.
    For own-stay, thats ok. But for investment and for rental like what LiveYoung has mentioned, calculation has to be made carefully & maths must be correct.

For illustration, a 1 mil 1000sqft property, you need to collect $2500 per mth to achieve 3% yield. Another 200psf more, you need to collect $3000 per month to achieve similar yield. Question is if you are tenant, are you willing to pay additional $500 per month? As a tenant, i will re-consider if my budget is tight and when i am pampered with so many choices.

Just to share.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung
    Office Boy seldom comment on Hougang, but feel compelled to write this.

Wah! You first time buy properties ? How can compare like that ? One MRT away ? You know Toa Payoh and Novena is also one MRT away ?

Like what the MM guy said, HG is a matured estate, so, trust me the $200 psf is certainly worth it! Unless you have a fetish for Barbarelle, Lulu or Leticia (*GASP*) ... then it is a different story.

If Orchard Road is $200 psf more than Newton, I think the choice is obvious.

DKSG

Cool Midtown Residences

This project seems to sold 90% already. How come it's so low profile and why nobody commenting/update on it?

Quote Originally Posted by kAtEk View Post
    This project seems to sold 90% already. How come it's so low profile and why nobody commenting/update on it?
    Haha, let me comment then. I think many owners bought this for rental income instead of own stay. Very high ceiling....can build Mezzanine as per showflat. But I dislike the layout whereby once you step through the door, one will immediately be exposed to the Kitchen. The penthouse layout much better than the normal units but super expensive.

the progress of constructing midtown is really really slow. the developer allocate so few workers to the project. Even though the TOP is 2018, but couldn't they quickly build it, since they have already started.