Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swiss vs Singapore - the golden era is here

Default Swiss vs Singapore - the golden era is here

Ride at your own risk !!!

i see where u r coming, i agree with u. Singapore is becoming the Swiss of the East very very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Please do not be so intellectually dishonest as to rip this out of its original context at Zerohedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamderek
    Please do not be so intellectually dishonest as to rip this out of its original context at Zerohedge.
    so u think ZeroHedge is not biased (or has hidden agenda) lol

so u think ZeroHedge is not biased (or has hidden agenda) lol
    Every one or rather every entity has a bias. Instead of presenting it in its entire form for readers to decide for themselves, you decided to selectively pick the one graph that in its true context actually highlights the danger that most local investors are unaware about. Instead the message is distorted.

This is being intellectually dishonest.

Every one or rather every entity has a bias. Instead of presenting it in its entire form for readers to decide for themselves, you decided to selectively pick the one graph that in its true context actually highlights the danger that most local investors are unaware about. Instead the message is distorted.

PAP always presents data/stats in a way they want it (please don't say PAP always present data/stats in its entire form hoh), so do the opposition parties and TR Emeritus

are they, according to your definition, intellectually dishonest?

also answer me, is a private banker or an insurance agent or property agent intellectually dishonest as they will present in a specific way that help them to close a deal?

PAP always presents data/stats in a way they want it (please don't say PAP always present data/stats in its entire form hoh), so do the opposition parties and TR Emeritus

are they, according to your definition, intellectually dishonest?

also answer me, is a private banker or an insurance agent or property agent intellectually dishonest as they will present in a specific way that help them to close a deal?
    for a fact the nation-building media has a robust track record of intellectual dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    for a fact the nation-building media has a robust track record of intellectual dishonesty.
    you say one hah, not I say one lol

I don't see anything wrong with it ... even LTK from WP also say PAP garmen is competent

so pray, good brother, can share with us your entire form view ? thanks. I love a good debate as u are aware, I am the most illuminated and i can pass sound judgement for u guys

i also assure you, my knowledge far exceed any human beings on this planet.

meanwhile i personally do not feel bro phantom_opera has taken the issue out of context. In fact, it is by convenience that he uses this graph from the site I believe is by his own recollection of the location of this table.

If this table can be used for dinner and also fro breakfast, why not use for lunch as well? (.....err...........now that's really deep.... )

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    meanwhile i personally do not feel bro phantom_opera has taken the issue out of context. In fact, it is by convenience that he uses this graph from the site I believe is by his own recollection of the location of this table.

If this table can be used for dinner and also fro breakfast, why not use for lunch as well? (.....err...........now that's really deep.... )
    thank you for your kind words from the higher realm

the 2 tables itself just presenting that many rich ppl in the world put money in SG/Swiss ... in my naive intepretation since rich ppl in the world trust us like they trust the Swiss previously ... it must be the golden era as highlighted by the Grandmaster LKY

of course, Zerohedge thinks SG/Swiss both have a risky business model .. a permabear is always a permar-bear ... a glass half full is seen as a glass half empty

This thread is pointless. I now understand why many have left this forum.

Good day.

thank you for your kind words from the higher realm

the 2 tables itself just presenting that many rich ppl in the world put money in SG/Swiss ... in my naive intepretation since rich ppl in the world trust us like they trust the Swiss previously ... it must be the golden era as highlighted by the Grandmaster LKY

of course, Zerohedge thinks SG/Swiss both have a risky business model .. a permabear is always a permar-bear ... a glass half full is seen as a glass half empty

I see. Your view is what I see from the table: that people are putting money into Singapore, although I do vaguely remember of the Zerohedge's argument.

That is why I said u are using the table for your own expression of opinion, nothing to do with dishonesty, seriously that is how I feel.

Unless you use the table and said Zerohedge share the same view as you, then wahpiangeh......that is too much liao tiobo ????

This thread is pointless. I now understand why many have left this forum.

Good day.
    wait, hang on.

Why did you say this thread is pointless? I thought you have some opinion to share with us ?

Please share, as the congregation of knowledge no matter how far fetched or diverse in nature/views is what we all seek here, good brother

If anyone has watched the recent hot video about Sarawak's corruption, you would understand some sources of money in Singapore.

this is not a pointless thread.

I tell you why I think so.

In order to determine if I should proceed further with my property investment in Singapore, the confidence in Singapore's future is what matters.

This confidence comes from whether the GOLDEN ERA can indeed arrive here on our shore. If we can really become the Swiss of the East.

This, is what I called confidence investing.

Diverse views and debate must be shared from all brothers including some siaolang like that BIG NEH NEH. why so ? Because in the pursue of TRUE INVESTMENT knowledge, we must all cast doubts in our minds first.

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    If anyone has watched the recent hot video about Sarawak's corruption, you would understand some sources of money in Singapore.
    i have not seen the video, but i will google for it. thanks for sharing, good brother

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    i have not seen the video, but i will google for it. thanks for sharing, good brother
    After you watch that video, don't forget to search for the video on CM Taib's response to some young reporters on the same topic. It makes you think.

MAS: 'Sting video' claim about Singapore is false
    Video alleging corruption by Sarawak chief minister goes viral in Malaysia

Calling that allegation false, the Singapore Government said Singapore has provided full information requested by Malaysia for tax purposes and the two countries have had a good working relationship on tax matters.
    "The allegation is simply false," it said. "Contrary to what was claimed in the video, Singapore has to date provided fully the information requested by Malaysia for tax purposes."

news come out in strait times liao...
    i just like to know will this affect sg prop prices or not

Even Swiss demands reserve gold to be stored in Switzerland soon

The initiative asserts that the Swiss people should have a right to vote on 3 things, none of which will please the banking cartel:

1. To keep Swiss gold physically in Switzerland (ie repatriate Switzerland’s gold)
    2. Preventing/forbidding the SNB from selling any more of its gold reserves
    3. Requiring the SNB to massively increase their gold holdings to a minimum of 20% of its reserves within 5 years, held within Switzerland.

When all central banks race to print money, all faith are lost

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    MAS: 'Sting video' claim about Singapore is false
    Video alleging corruption by Sarawak chief minister goes viral in Malaysia
    Calling that allegation false, the Singapore Government said Singapore has provided full information requested by Malaysia for tax purposes and the two countries have had a good working relationship on tax matters.
    "The allegation is simply false," it said. "Contrary to what was claimed in the video, Singapore has to date provided fully the information requested by Malaysia for tax purposes."

news come out in strait times liao...
    i just like to know will this affect sg prop prices or not
    this is not new.....look at marco's money, look at suharto's money. still parked safely in some bank here, in spite of their respective government's attempts to retrieve them

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    this is not new.....look at marco's money, look at suharto's money. still parked safely in some bank here, in spite of their respective government's attempts to retrieve them
    Malacca Trust origin could be Indons ...

the news report may draw even more rich (of the corrupt kind) to park their monies within our shores.

we are going to be the next cayman islands liao

Malacca Trust origin could be Indons ...
    if continue reading the comments in zerohedge article,
    their financial report in Rupiah, 1000 billion, which somehow is more sensational if typed wrongly as 1000 billion USD.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ntries-x-and-y

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    if continue reading the comments in zerohedge article,
    their financial report in Rupiah, 1000 billion, which somehow is more sensational if typed wrongly as 1000 billion USD.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ntries-x-and-y
    if it is a trillion USD , they must be the illuminati then

just tcss

By assets, Singapore top 3 banks don't even qualify for the top 50, so there is still "a lot of room" to grow lah

By quality, yes

http://www.businessinsider.com/bloom...ks-2012-5?op=1