Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crystal ball

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    If I rent a place at 3k a month (only 3 person household), and still collect rent of 4.5k for the D11 apartment, I guess it makes sense. So perhaps sell the damn HDB and don't have to feel the anguish of paying the 7%.
    u sell the HDB, u are embarking on a road of no return.....

Also depends on the location of your current hdb. Not near to mrt, sell to claim back 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    dun anger la bro. That question is legitimate la. For example, the answer you gave him is a very good one. It teaches many new birds here old skills lor
    Dear Mentor,

I not angry la ... just find it strange.

Maybe we done it too many times liao, so dont really feel the mental struggle. hahaha!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    Appreciate advice from gurus. Just bought a 2 bedroom D11 PC. Tenanted till end 2014. Yield above 3.5%. Intend to stay eventually. Should I sell my HDB and then rent a place first, to get refund of the 7% ABSD. Or bite the bullet and not sell HDB and pay ABSD? HDB is fully paid.
    Sell. I have seen PC & HDB prices drop 50% from its peak in the past. I used to stay in an executive flat at Teban Garden, At the peak in 1996, it can fetch around S$550K. At the low in 2005/2006, transacted prices were around S$270K. Units in the estate that I used to lived in, Farrer Court sold for about S$1M around the 1996 peak and drop to about S$500K in 1998. Rent can fall 50% too. A two br condo in d11 that I bought in 1998 for S$550K had a Japanese corporate tenant at S$3.2K a month. When I sold it in 2008, it was tenanted to an Indian IT family for only S$1.6K a month.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I agree. But I dun think the barrier is mental. IT IS A REAL BARRIER.

The stamp duty is as good as taking a big portion of the capital gains away.
    So Many are paying absd.. Why? But it's gd for my biz haha

Quote Originally Posted by 30years
    Sell. I have seen PC & HDB prices drop 50% from its peak in the past. I used to stay in an executive flat at Teban Garden, At the peak in 1996, it can fetch around S$550K. At the low in 2005/2006, transacted prices were around S$270K. Units in the estate that I used to lived in, Farrer Court sold for about S$1M around the 1996 peak and drop to about S$500K in 1998. Rent can fall 50% too. A two br condo in d11 that I bought in 1998 for S$550K had a Japanese corporate tenant at S$3.2K a month. When I sold it in 2008, it was tenanted to an Indian IT family for only S$1.6K a month.
    Even though I used to be bearish, I think 50% decline is a thing in the past. Things have changed and monetary policy has fundamentally changed. A slight decline is possible, but I can only say possible, as the tug of war is still going on with no clear winner. No one can be sure if the market is going up or down.

and therefore, no one should rely on anyone's advise regarding purchase or sale. One has to form his/her own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    and therefore, no one should rely on anyone's advise regarding purchase or sale. One has to form his/her own decision.
    as they always say, caveat emptor.

it's a big money decision, so make sure you own the decision and don't blame anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    as they always say, caveat emptor.

it's a big money decision, so make sure you own the decision and don't blame anyone else.
    People will always blame one la!
    But if they make money, I seldom see them come back and thank you.

Seen too many in my office liao ... ask me that time speak softly and earnestly, once make the first few hundred thousands liao, pretend they invested themselves and start bragging how smart they are.

Thats the human heart - sad to say - ugly!

Haha!

DKSG
    PS : Maybe I will join my Mentor soon in IMH! hahaa!!