Thread: Transport woes

Default Transport woes

when public transport fails, still got option of taking private transport.
    now drive cars, have to pay through the nose for COE and road sinks!!!!

Ftuck Kiew oh Ftuck Kiew.........why oh why............

Bicycle - risk of getting run over by vehicles
    Train - risk of track/train failure and fire hazard
    Bus - risk of irregularities
    LRT - risk of train failure
    Car - high COE prices, and SINKHOLES

stay home lor. dont go out then. go live in a bubble.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

This is my neutral views:-

Bicycle - The park connector should be improved and hasten. Too slow. And to ask cyclist to share lane with cars, it is a joke. Only idiots will suggest this.

Train - Failure is common. Trains will breakdown so we have to accept that. It happen in all other countries. Singaporeans shouldn't be making a big fuss because it is international joke. But our trains service is really bad. Especially during peak hours.

Bus - Too few buses and I agree the timing is bad. Peak hours service is a disaster.

LRT - Peak hours disaster again.

Car - A luxury item due to limited lands. If you can pay, you buy. No such thing call need a car. Everybody also got a valid reason but who is the one to judge who need a car more? I grew up without a car and stay in 2 rooms rental flats and I am still living.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    when public transport fails, still got option of taking private transport.
    now drive cars, have to pay through the nose for COE and road sinks!!!!

Ftuck Kiew oh Ftuck Kiew.........why oh why............

Bicycle - risk of getting run over by vehicles
    Train - risk of track/train failure and fire hazard
    Bus - risk of irregularities
    LRT - risk of train failure
    Car - high COE prices, and SINKHOLES

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    This is my neutral views:-

Bicycle - The park connector should be improved and hasten. Too slow. And to ask cyclist to share lane with cars, it is a joke. Only idiots will suggest this.

Train - Failure is common. Trains will breakdown so we have to accept that. It happen in all other countries. Singaporeans shouldn't be making a big fuss because it is international joke. But our trains service is really bad. Especially during peak hours.

Bus - Too few buses and I agree the timing is bad. Peak hours service is a disaster.

LRT - Peak hours disaster again.

Car - A luxury item due to limited lands. If you can pay, you buy. No such thing call need a car. Everybody also got a valid reason but who is the one to judge who need a car more? I grew up without a car and stay in 2 rooms rental flats and I am still living.
    i concur on all points, especially your take on trains.

as for cyclists, where should they cycle? on the roads or pedestrain pathways? i have had my close shaves of cyclists zipping along pedestrain walkways without care for other pavement users.

i almost smacked an old uncle, who tried to run down from behind, my sis with a toddler in her arms. although i've seen some considerate ones get down and push their bicycles when they near pedestrains, most simply can't bother. selfish morons like these should be banned from cycling on common pathways

It is the Government's fault.

The road is too dangerous, the pavement will incur a fine if you cycle on it. It is plain stupid.

We should be cycling on the PCN but unfortunately, our PCN is slow to build, not well connected and in short, it just sucks. They really need to buck up on this.

i concur on all points, especially your take on trains.

as for cyclists, where should they cycle? on the roads or pedestrain pathways? i have had my close shaves of cyclists zipping along pedestrain walkways without care for other pavement users.

i almost smacked an old uncle, who tried to run down from behind, my sis with a toddler in her arms. although i've seen some considerate ones get down and push their bicycles when they near pedestrains, most simply can't bother. selfish morons like these should be banned from cycling on common pathways

bicycle is not practical during rainy days ... unless they have rain shelter along PCN
    Ride at your own risk !!!

It is the Government's fault.

The road is too dangerous, the pavement will incur a fine if you cycle on it. It is plain stupid.

We should be cycling on the PCN but unfortunately, our PCN is slow to build, not well connected and in short, it just sucks. They really need to buck up on this.

PCNs are fine for connecting parks together. however, it is not feasible to extend the network throughout entire estates.

more should be done to teach cyclists basic courtesy and etiquette

I mean like you want to cycle from Telok Blangah to East Coast, it is impossible. Not to every estate because we will need to pay 12% GST

PCNs are fine for connecting parks together. however, it is not feasible to extend the network throughout entire estates.

more should be done to teach cyclists basic courtesy and etiquette

I mean like you want to cycle from Telok Blangah to East Coast, it is impossible. Not to every estate because we will need to pay 12% GST
    what i meant is from block XYZ to say, an MRT station. this is not feasible.

Yup, agree. Not feasible at all.

what i meant is from block XYZ to say, an MRT station. this is not feasible.

Cycling is not feasible for our tropical climate. Rain, hot, humid.

We should just focus on mrt maintenance and also quality of our bus drivers.

focus on public transport, period. And dun even think about fare hikes until they solve the overcrowding and reliability issue.

as for private cars, the recent loan curbs and measures are a good start.

Yup... agree that 'no such thing call need a car'... everything is never a need. Most basic thing is if you can walk, you can always travel by foot. Last time people walk from province to province... anyway, coming back to our time... although I strongly believe that there is no such thing as need a car, there is a group of people who will prefer having a car then taking public transport. They can always take public transport but for safety reasons, private cars are preferred. Consider the handicapped who has the tenacity to work. Report for work daily but w tremendous difficulties. Or those who need to go for various therapies on a regular basis. Well, I've calculated taking cabs instead of owning a car and sad to say taking cab everyday is still more expensive than owning a car, despite the high COE recently. Sum up, car ownership is never a need but sometimes its still the wiser option... Good discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yup... agree that 'no such thing call need a car'... everything is never a need. Most basic thing is if you can walk, you can always travel by foot. Last time people walk from province to province... anyway, coming back to our time... although I strongly believe that there is no such thing as need a car, there is a group of people who will prefer having a car then taking public transport. They can always take public transport but for safety reasons, private cars are preferred. Consider the handicapped who has the tenacity to work. Report for work daily but w tremendous difficulties. Or those who need to go for various therapies on a regular basis. Well, I've calculated taking cabs instead of owning a car and sad to say taking cab everyday is still more expensive than owning a car, despite the high COE recently. Sum up, car ownership is never a need but sometimes its still the wiser option... Good discussion...
    there are families that need car to ferry chronically-illed members to-and-fro frequently to receive treatment, and cabs may not be an option

there are families that need car to ferry chronically-illed members to-and-fro frequently to receive treatment, and cabs may not be an option
    Agreed to a large extend but If really no car, sadly, cab is still the next best thing available...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Agreed to a large extend but If really no car, sadly, cab is still the next best thing available...
    yup... though cab is prone to accidents

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    yup... though cab is prone to accidents
    Drive a big truck.

NEL breakdown today during peak hour, affecting tens of thousand. But thanks to PSI of 290, its not catching the attention of everybody...