Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Don't hate me because I'm a foreigner

there should be a law to say that companies can only hire foreigners for that job if there are no locals qualified to do that job or that there are no locals applying for that post. why should companies that are set up here with favorable tax treatments be given the go ahead to hire foreigners when there are qualified locals for the position?
    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Jobs at MNC was taken away...why? The problem is Singaporean management DO NOT protect own people. Like this you blame gov?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    u sound confused. phobic or not? u say u are not but ur words say other wise.

btw I dont see the government as pro foreigner policies ok. Its always pro Singapore. It might not be view by u to be pro individual. But its always been for the growth of the country.
    Which social class benefits the most?
    Dont' tell me all.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    It is not fair to say that the goverment is very wrong in the immigration policy.

This is a condo forum, condo owers, you are expecting to increase your rents every day? without foreigners, what would the return of condo investment be like? check the data in 1998 when many foreigners flocked away.

ask yourself, if you are prime minister, do you have any better stragety?

saying is always easier than doing...

the first thing the new generation of singaprean should learn is 知足!
    They are wrong to recognize the real problems. The price of private properties have nothing to do with all those noises that young punks have made. They implemented the CM to curb the wrong sectors where HDB & commercial/industry properties are the one that they really need to tackle but went to tackle the private residential properties!

u sound confused. phobic or not? u say u are not but ur words say other wise.

btw I dont see the government as pro foreigner policies ok. Its always pro Singapore. It might not be view by u to be pro individual. But its always been for the growth of the country.
    There is enough of research proving the recent growth between 2005 to 2011 is primarily due to high in flux of ft.

However.. the productivity remain relatively low and most singaporeans are not enjoying the benefits from it.

For low income earners, salaries are pressed down by fw.
    For middle income earners, salaries are pressed down by FT PMET..
    Housing and transport woes worsen while locals have to compete with Foreigner for resources for survival..

Who benefited?

Anyway... statistics also shown rich ppl is least affected or rather... benefited.. example.. for multi-properties owners.. rental income increases.. for business owners.. they can enjoyed the cheap steroids. .

I have kids and I have to think for their future...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Coz people now want short sighted policies.. that's why. end up like cyprus or the greeks then all KPKB again why such policies are allow in the 1st place. Coz now the electorates are mostly short sighted with good life. And seeing the government can be blackmailed now or never why not. Want more freebize tats why. When it come to paying for it later all will KPKB again.

oh please, the cyprus and greek problems are not only because of short-sighted sovereign policies. there are caused by the EU economic bloc.

of course, discussions that require higher degree of intellect will be baffling for you and we shan't go into the,.

please SHOW proof that the Singapore government is being blackmailed by its people. please SHOW proof that Singaporeans WILL KPKB when asked to pay for social programs.

if you can't prove, don't slap yourself by making such statements

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    please SHOW proof that the Singapore government is being blackmailed by its people. please SHOW proof that Singaporeans WILL KPKB when asked to pay for social programs....
    i thought people complain about gst? which is meant to help the needy.
    but i am surprised people dont complained about singapore pools, which part of proceeds also used for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i thought people complain about gst? which is meant to help the needy.
    but i am surprised people dont complained about singapore pools, which part of proceeds also used for charity.
    eh, don't start the GST thing - even politicians have not come to a conclusion if it is regressive or not. i am of the view tha certain basic neccesities should be exempted to help the poor

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i hope u dont pronounce it the way u spell it.
    thanks, it should be "Strategy".

This is the most interesting thread in this forum although irrelevant to property.

From here, i got to know the personality of different members.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    there should be a law to say that companies can only hire foreigners for that job if there are no locals qualified to do that job or that there are no locals applying for that post. why should companies that are set up here with favorable tax treatments be given the go ahead to hire foreigners when there are qualified locals for the position?
    But it is nit so easy. The interviewer can nick pick on tiny issue to disqualify sg candidate.

Free market is like that, if the company continue hiring substandard foreigner, it will collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    There is enough of research proving the recent growth between 2005 to 2011 is primarily due to high in flux of ft.

However.. the productivity remain relatively low and most singaporeans are not enjoying the benefits from it.

For low income earners, salaries are pressed down by fw.
    For middle income earners, salaries are pressed down by FT PMET..
    Housing and transport woes worsen while locals have to compete with Foreigner for resources for survival..

Who benefited?

Anyway... statistics also shown rich ppl is least affected or rather... benefited.. example.. for multi-properties owners.. rental income increases.. for business owners.. they can enjoyed the cheap steroids. .

I have kids and I have to think for their future...
    You want your kids to grow up in a protected environment forever and cannot take on the glibal challenge? Without competition, our kids will be complacent.

But it is nit so easy. The interviewer can nick pick on tiny issue to disqualify sg candidate.

Free market is like that, if the company continue hiring substandard foreigner, it will collapse.
    although it is hard to enforce, at least fair hiring policies ensure procedural justice. if a firm so chooses to cheat, it will surely find a legal loophole to do so.

You want your kids to grow up in a protected environment forever and cannot take on the glibal challenge? Without competition, our kids will be complacent.
    Interesting point, I think we will improve if we have better people coming in. Just like in sports, we improve by playing against better players, we don't improve by playing against lesser skilled opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Interesting point, I think we will improve if we have better people coming in. Just like in sports, we improve by playing against better players, we don't improve by playing against lesser skilled opponents.
    u can also improve by investing in your own & build up your own competence. look at how the japs e.g. automakers, rose up and eventually trump the rest of the world. Another e.g. is korea.

Actually, on the contrary, Japan is a good example of a country that has declined and suffered tremendously as a result of its severe anti-immigration policies. Japan’s population has been rapidly aging and there’s hardly any young people to fill the worker void. Yet, they don’t want to admit foreign labour. Foreigners are also no welcomed to take up top positions in Japanese companies. So the lack of infusion of fresh ideas, lack of foreign talent, lack of sparing with foreigners etc etc has been a major factor in leading to their economy being in the doldrums for the past few decades.

u can also improve by investing in your own & build up your own competence. look at how the japs e.g. automakers, rose up and eventually trump the rest of the world. Another e.g. is korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    Actually, on the contrary, Japan is a good example of a country that has declined and suffered tremendously as a result of its severe anti-immigration policies. Japan’s population has been rapidly aging and there’s hardly any young people to fill the worker void. Yet, they don’t want to admit foreign labour. Foreigners are also no welcomed to take up top positions in Japanese companies. So the lack of infusion of fresh ideas, lack of foreign talent, lack of sparing with foreigners etc etc has been a major factor in leading to their economy being in the doldrums for the past few decades.
    i am pointing out stark examples of those who excel by investing in their own and do not need to resort to opening the floodgates to foreigners on the flimsy excuse of foreign "talents", whereas u are refering to decline in population numbers.

the balance lies somewhere in between.

But in the case of spore the current govt is looking to grow the economy thru sheer increase in population size. Which is outrageously foolish on so many levels.

u must be kidding... right? With japan current aging population what innovation have u seen? Korean with a much more younger population and vibrancy is kicking the japs ass now.

look at ur samsung? the LG? look at Sony? Sony fell aged. and old and laggard. Look at panasonic ? they just announced exiting the TV business and down sizing. Sony loosing $.

From a culture export when was it u last hearf J-POP? like 10yrs ago. Now its all K-POP and korean is exporting their culture. And its driven by the young and vibrancy. Why have not heard of PSY?

CAR ? hah hah look at Kia or Hyundai they have caught so much. Look at ur honda n toyata when was the last face lift by the way. even the internal is still same old musky feel.

To me japan feel tired. They are paying the price for a close door policy.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    Japan restricts foreigners by being extremely stingy in giving out citizenships. however, there are loads of PRCs working in their F&B, retail sector.

i only realized after two trips to tokyo. i was struggling to order or make a purchase in japanese, only for service personnels to rattle off in chinese (after hearing me converse with my wife) - ni hui jiang pu tong hua ma? they look japanese, they speak japanese profusely and you will never know they aren't till they start speaking in mandarin.

the japanese have a very complex problem, and it is definitely not limited to their anti-immigration policies. just have to pass their language test and entry criteria to qualify for PR

i am pointing out stark examples of those who excel by investing in their own and do not need to resort to opening the floodgates to foreigners on the flimsy excuse of foreign "talents", whereas u are refering to decline in population numbers.

the balance lies somewhere in between.

But in the case of spore the current govt is looking to grow the economy thru sheer increase in population size. Which is outrageously foolish on so many levels.
    I dont think japan excel. look at US. the silicon valley. How may there are foreigners? Its becoz its a open door policy for talent. Silicon valley is where all leading innovative company n start want to be in. Without talent n openness silicon valley will never succeed. So we must continue to be open if we want to succeed leadership in the region. we dont have resources. only human resource. unless we lead we ill have to eat grass.

Well as long as the population is willing to pay for higher price. we are enjoying the lower cost for food n service becoz of the foreign labour. keep them out. as long the so call singapore CORE willing to pay then. dont KPKB expensive or $10 chicken rice.

Look at now. KPKB HDB take too long to build. want cheap want fast want good. but dont want see Foreigners build it?

be realistic.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Xenophobia becos we are against gahmen foreign policies?

I am certain most singaporeans are not xenophobic. Have seen that in Australia as they have been importing alot of foreigners and since gahmen have not been doing enough to curb thr inflow and that make their citizens getting pissed.. and eventually turning their anger toward foreigners..

Todate.. we have yet to reach that stage yet but I fear it will be when foreigners getting.. more....

In my view.. taking in foreigners akind of shooting steriod to enhance enconomies... for sure we can compete better but we will also get to addicted to it... our gahmen keep warning us that taking in less steroid will render us less competitive... that showed how addicted we are today..

addicted? question is u willing to pay $10 for chicken rice? if everyone is ok thats fine! coz people are addicted to $3 chicken rice.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

u must be kidding... right? With japan current aging population what innovation have u seen? Korean with a much more younger population and vibrancy is kicking the japs ass now.

look at ur samsung? the LG? look at Sony? Sony fell aged. and old and laggard. Look at panasonic ? they just announced exiting the TV business and down sizing. Sony loosing $.

From a culture export when was it u last hearf J-POP? like 10yrs ago. Now its all K-POP and korean is exporting their culture. And its driven by the young and vibrancy. Why have not heard of PSY?

CAR ? hah hah look at Kia or Hyundai they have caught so much. Look at ur honda n toyata when was the last face lift by the way. even the internal is still same old musky feel.

so in your own words, korea excelled because they have an open door immigrant policies??!

again using your own arguments, singapore should fare better than japan in producing nobel peace prize laureates since we are one of the most welcoming nations to immigrants. do we even have one?

don't use such an over-simplistic excuse for the lack of innovation.

Look at now. KPKB HDB take too long to build. want cheap want fast want good. but dont want see Foreigners build it?

be realistic.
    show proof of who doesn't want foreigners to build HDBs. if not, don't talk nonsense.

oh wait, you always spout rubbish

so? what does Spore has to shout about compared to Japan or Korea? LOL

Huh? Gahmen already acknowledged unfairly employement situation from news at ST... what talking?

Now is not about protection as we are not asking protection... rather we are just merely asking for fair treatment...

I dont need yo go into great detail as I believe you can see for yourself what happened at working environment..
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    show proof of who doesn't want foreigners to build HDBs. if not, don't talk nonsense.

oh wait, you always spout rubbish
    Oh wait u are the xenophobic in denial?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Huh? Gahmen already acknowledged unfairly employement situation from news at ST... what talking?

Now is not about protection as we are not asking protection... rather we are just merely asking for fair treatment...

I dont need yo go into great detail as I believe you can see for yourself what happened at working environment..

Like the other dumb n dumber here. So proof it's not fair? Where where ?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

so? what does Spore has to shout about compared to Japan or Korea? LOL

So wat? U are the one that bring how good Japan manage. Hah hah. Selective amnesia ? Lol , Rolf

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Let me quote u again. In case u suddenly selectively forgot .

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Maybe my environment special . Without a multi national work environment in my company. I also won't have a job. Coz my company will move else where anyway. So I don't see what not fair abt it.

U mean hire all Singaporean only if not company should close? LoL. Got go join Sme. Anyway now they also closing too. When no job then kpkb again.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

So wat? U are the one that bring how good Japan manage. Hah hah. Selective amnesia ? Lol , Rolf
    u obviously dont read or are unable to follow the context of the discussion.
    no wonder others find u a forum buffoon.

u obviously dont read or are unable to follow the context of the discussion.
    no wonder others find u a forum buffoon.

U must be part time prata man then. Flip left flip right.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH