Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iskandar property prices shoot up

What makes iskandar landed homes as an attractive holiday home or retirement home?

I had mentioned iskandar landed homes are not convenient for old folks as u need to drive. Robbers target older folks primarily too.

As for holiday home, please enlighten me. I do not feel at ease whenever i step into malaysia. I did not want to drive into msia ever since i was stopped by their police getting summons which i did not commit. Fortunately, i did not lose my car or rob before.

Those travelling with kids and/or teenage girls, please be extra careful. Kidnappers there are ruthless.

As for the capland project at danga bay, i see it as a possible potential 2nd retirement home as it has integrated malls and hospitals.

The chances of landed getting burgled is alot higher compared to condo in jb. However, i agree most condo in msia looks very rundown. Maintenance will be tough.
    Last edited by Rosy; 31-03-13 at 11:21.

Install CCTV cum alarm system all around the house and link to singapore . Can use low voltage gate and fence in Malaysia? Thinking of getting a yacht and berth there but worried of burglar.
    Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Yeah security is the main risk, but I see not much significant difference between a condo and a landed in Malaysia. Condo wise, the car is parked in the shared car park, which could be worse if the condo devt is integrated with commercial activities (eg medical suites or a huge mall). If thieves can break into a gated and guarded landed compound, similarly they could get into the condo lift and get into the condo unit. Got to install own security surveillance and deterrence structures. My ID who did tonnes of landed projects in Singapore suggested raising the parameter wall and using shatter proof reinforced glass structures around all the window openings. I am still considering the suggestion. But cost will mount.

My hubby suggested that we simply blend in lah. Be the most lok kok house in the whole GnG compound, get a proton wira (about RM20k can get a 2nd hand car) and drive ard lor. Lol... I am still considering the options. Welcome any inputs too!

Is it possible to buy empty FH land in malaysia? I am actually looking for very old landed homes which are cheaper now in jb. Thinking to buy and leave it vacant. Purely for capital appreciation.

Have heard from a friend that his grandad land has a land and recently found that another person has the same land title deed as him. It is probably some one in the equivalent of SLA in Malaysia thinking that this person must be dead and can duplicate the deed and sell to another person.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Have heard from a friend that his grandad land has a land and recently found that another person has the same land title deed as him. It is probably some one in the equivalent of SLA in Malaysia thinking that this person must be dead and can duplicate the deed and sell to another person.
    So, it is dangerous to buy a resale home in malaysia?

Safer to buy from developer?how about selling it in future? Will the potential buyer worry about the title deed?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    What happen when UMNO say all property own by Singaporean need to return back to Malaysia?

http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publi...-oct-1998.aspx

2 The government cannot protect investors from such risks. Investors have to keep their eyes open and judge for themselves whether the returns are adequate to justify the risks.

many people forgot abt 1998. this will happen again. never trust the malaysian government after so many example. 1998 curb, clob etc.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Care to share why? Good to hear differ opinion

Why? Coz after the 1998 malaysian impose curb on Singaporean buyers. back tracking the policies a few years back. The experience on clob. Don't Singaporean learn?

To invest in a country the country policies must be stable and clear not change with government and fly by night? Time and again Malaysia policies are shown to have done so.

Thays why Singapore have been a prefer place to invest. I would rather choose countries with lower yield but a more stable governing policies.

Also the saying to use for holiday home if cannot sell. There are so much land in JB n malaysia. How would you think its investment grade in JB? Holiday home? everyone buy's for holiday home mean whole street are empty and 20% occupancy ?

Buglars galor. come n cart everything in your holiday home away.

plus JB u think safe? hmm think abt it.. uncless u want to hold up in ur holiday home and dont go out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2khZ9CxI-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I66U0DCcQls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZWiXg0VDo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ66fLJNjhA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDriKzMRI4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N99H5pIfhYM
    Last edited by minority; 31-03-13 at 12:35.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Aiyo.. why need to worry too much on a 300k house whether can sell 450k.. or even sell at same price 300k after 15 yrs..

You just ask MR B.. he rented hdb 3-rm for 15-yrs.. already costed him 300k.. all goes down the drain & still dun have a house on his own.
    At least yours is a F'hold 300k house.. dun make profit also ok lah.. free stay for 15-yrs leh.. No joke lor.. still no enough just stay for 30-yrs lor..

The 300k terrace house in Iskandar.. a similar one in SIN will cost you 2.3-2.5m..
    But if you own a 2.3-2.5m one in S'pore then you better be more worry.. cos when there is a major correction.. easy drop 20-30% which is 400k-700k..

No offense.. just my view

ur justification of not paying ABSD 300K and spend 300K in JB prop instead is kinda flawed.

to me its like saying throw away 300K in JB and write off verses spend 300K in tax in singapore is more worth it. Well it depends right? if the 300K tax I pay in singapore I can still sell and get capital appreciation from rental etc. and sell it when I need cash many yrs later. While the JB 300K is a throw away. Rental yield there is poor and liquidity to sell is also poor.

300K will not get u a gated community terrace or a new development. so you would also have to live with the crime rate.

Its not a apple to apple comparison. One is a throw away 300K there other is 300K pay for something that have returns.

So which have value. I guess lets the people throwing 300K or investing 300K decide.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Why? Coz after the 1998 malaysian impose curb on Singaporean buyers. back tracking the policies a few years back. The experience on clob. Don't Singaporean learn?

To invest in a country the country policies must be stable and clear not change with government and fly by night? Time and again Malaysia policies are shown to have done so.

Thays why Singapore have been a prefer place to invest. I would rather choose countries with lower yield but a more stable governing policies.

Also the saying to use for holiday home if cannot sell. There are so much land in JB n malaysia. How would you think its investment grade in JB? Holiday home? everyone buy's for holiday home mean whole street are empty and 20% occupancy ?

Buglars galor. come n cart everything in your holiday home away.

plus JB u think safe? hmm think abt it.. uncless u want to hold up in ur holiday home and dont go out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2khZ9CxI-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I66U0DCcQls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZWiXg0VDo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ66fLJNjhA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDriKzMRI4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N99H5pIfhYM
    you will kena left right by those vested in iskandar lah...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    you will kena left right by those vested in iskandar lah...

well I have experience the 98 event. lost $ in it. lost $ in clob. So for me Malaysia is no no. I dont see any diff in Malaysia way of handling things. So why will Iskandar be of any diff.

Also imagine everyone buy for investment n holidays. how can the local infra there survive ? ur restaurant, clinics or shops? Coz assume 20% utilization for example. If those infra dont survive they will close 1 by 1. creating a chain of events where people dont go live there coz ? due to lack of infra.

anyway go talk to the dairy farm owners. see how they felt when they got screw over the last time

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    well I have experience the 98 event. lost $ in it. lost $ in clob. So for me Malaysia is no no. I dont see any diff in Malaysia way of handling things. So why will Iskandar be of any diff.

Also imagine everyone buy for investment n holidays. how can the local infra there survive ? ur restaurant, clinics or shops? Coz assume 20% utilization for example. If those infra dont survive they will close 1 by 1. creating a chain of events where people dont go live there coz ? due to lack of infra.

anyway go talk to the dairy farm owners. see how they felt when they got screw over the last time

Well said...
    I agreed.....

So far the one project I have that is of investment grade in Johor is Straits View at Permas.

Have to be very selective though.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

GST? Effect of Printing money?

Someone might have gotten money. If not the average people, then who? My guess is as good as your guess

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    There is always a risk in any purchase. Juz b happy w ur own decision. Singapore is getting too expensive to retire comfortably for me. I feel tt there r hidden forces at work to inflate cost of living. The returns from taxes or national investment is not really felt by e average person in e street. Something is not right. I could be wrong but I have faith in my thoughts n decision r right. So far on checking operating costs, I'm right.

Thanks really to everyone for your inputs. Yup, agree that security over there is a main concern, and will remain so for the next decade to come. Having said that, common sense prevails in many instances. Petty thefts is no more prevalent in Iskandar than Spain, Italy, US, or even certain parts of London. I know of number of Malaysian friends and ex-colleagues who continue to stay in JB and commute to Singapore on a daily basis for work, and they stay in landed properties, most of which in non G&G compounds. Life goes on as usual, and it is really to avoid going out after dark especially to poorly lit areas, and avoid excessive display of wealth in public areas. They have been there for years, and so far so good.

Choice of retirement/holiday homes is a very personal and subjective matter, and yup, having my personal yatch berthed in my backyard would be great. But in 30 years' time when I retire, probably there would be no golf courses in Singapore, and public spaces will be reduced. Hopefully medical infrastructure will be well developed over there, and the rental incomes from my Singapore based properties could sustain my lifestyle over there. So in a way, the $300k is a hedge against the future as an added option. But whether i need to exercise it would depend on how the development of Iskandar pans out. But 30 years is a long term planning horizon. Right now to us it is simply a holiday home.

Malaysia's legal system and contracts are all maintained in English. Useful to understand the strata titles act if one is keen on getting a property.

http://www.agc.gov.my/Akta/Vol.%207/Act%20318.pdf

Agree that S$300k units (international are harder to find these days. Recent launches (Nusa Duta, Bestari Heights) are closer to $400k, though these are walkable to amenities (eg Giant).
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 31-03-13 at 17:48.

In a place where there is lot of land, the price of the property don't appreciate much and even if it did appreciate it will go down when the supply is more than demand.

Some random cheaper (also smaller ones), but as Kane said, need to be really selective over there and recce the surroundings well.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...r-sale-1866995

I have been very tempted to buy property in Malaysis but I have a feeling this will end up like Dubai and Malaysia will ask Singapore / Temasek to bail them out in the next crisis just like how Dubai asked for help from UAE.

Seriously, the towns will become mature eventually but I don't think will be anytime soon.

Just to share...

My friends drove up to Iskandar during the ph to review investment options. Saw East Ledang... big place with relatively smaller clubhouse and 25m pool. Horizon Hills is much better, lots of Singaporean cars, bigger clubhouse and Olympic sized pool. Puteri Harbour is really underdeveloped.

They have seen Penang 1 month earlier and felt that comparatively Penang has more potential upside.

Not much to share nowadays cos too many cooling measures already. So taking a breather... depending on individual needs and investment risk profile /appetite / horizon, those still on the sidelines and not limited by the cooling measures should really consider making their move in selected projects.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Just to share...

My friends drove up to Iskandar during the ph to review investment options. Saw East Ledang... big place with relatively smaller clubhouse and 25m pool. Horizon Hills is much better, lots of Singaporean cars, bigger clubhouse and Olympic sized pool. Puteri Harbour is really underdeveloped.

They have seen Penang 1 month earlier and felt that comparatively Penang has more potential upside.

Not much to share nowadays cos too many cooling measures already. So taking a breather... depending on individual needs and investment risk profile /appetite / horizon, those still on the sidelines and not limited by the cooling measures should really consider making their move in selected projects.
    If i really plan to buy in malaysia.
    I will buy in KL klcc or bukit bintang vicinity..

Property in such area needs to have certain niche criterion to maintain its popularity.
    In a place where there is lot of land, the price of the property don't appreciate much and even if it did appreciate it will go down when the supply is more than demand.

Horizon Hills bungalow starting 2-mio+ RM.. now developer selling 3.6-mio RM up lor..& resale asking around 4-mio RM
    Senibong Cove semi-d starting 900k+ RM.. now resale transacted over 1.7-mio RM for river facing unit lor.. & some foreigners are willing to pay above 1.85-mio now for river facing semi-d

All this happened from a piece of bare land till TOP

When and IF more sceptics are converted, the rush cannot be imagined. This will be Dubai only if investors pull $ out. Will that happen?

The pace of sell out rate of industrial land and factories is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Horizon Hills bungalow starting 2-mio+ RM.. now developer selling 3.6-mio RM up lor..& resale asking around 4-mio RM
    Senibong Cove semi-d starting 900k+ RM.. now resale transacted over 1.7-mio RM for river facing unit lor.. & some foreigners are willing to pay above 1.85-mio now for river facing semi-d

All this happened from a piece of bare land till TOP
    Sky88 was launched at 700 and then 900psf. Almost sold out in jb before launching in SG. Last tower launch price expected 1.5k psf..

It's not just sgp buyers. MY PR too.. And many foreigners and companies buying in zone b for own stay and staff. The relocation of companies is really picking up pace. Look at the trips organized by the various biz federations and chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Is it possible to buy empty FH land in malaysia? I am actually looking for very old landed homes which are cheaper now in jb. Thinking to buy and leave it vacant. Purely for capital appreciation.
    Buy house and tear it down. Haha

Think land for companies with bumi share holdings.. Think there is a recent article by irda clarifying this

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Sky88 was launched at 700 and then 900psf. Almost sold out in jb before launching in SG. Last tower launch price expected 1.5k psf..

It's not just sgp buyers. MY PR too.. And many foreigners and companies buying in zone b for own stay and staff. The relocation of companies is really picking up pace. Look at the trips organized by the various biz federations and chambers
    singapore biz men are never well known to be street smart or shrewd compared to malaysians, hk, taiwan and china. so all these trips mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    If i really plan to buy in malaysia.
    I will buy in KL klcc or bukit bintang vicinity..

these ppl are buying only to flip. Who the hell will put his life at risk stayig in JB?
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Just to share...

East Ledang and Horizon Hills are nice. I imagine 15 years on, as the current grand dame of golf courses e.g. SICC, Raffles Cty Club, Keppel cease operations, the demand will pick up. But I missed the early curve to enter Horizon and East Ledang. Prices have gone up by a lot. I buy only when I see early/confirmed potential, not before. So well. And I don't have enuf cash to pay up in full for a HH or East Ledang, and the 4.5% financing option is not too palatable.

Agree that Penang has more potential at this point, and the units facing the Andaman Sea are simply breath-taking. But I see the high speed rail as a game changer. In my lifetime, I think there is hope to see northward linkages into Thailand and beyond, linking the whole of SEA into an economic nucleus. How it would pan out for Singapore, I do not know. But Penang being an island on its own and comprising of a Chinese majority, my gut feel is that it will get bypassed over time. If I buy into Penang, I'd rather get KL. KL is another can of uncertainty at this point. Unless they remove the Bumi policy of 30% ownership for Professional firms, otherwise I do not envisage foreign rental demand to take off in a significant way. I am still watching the politics and policy on that front.

Iskandar is a bet, a $300K bet for me lah. If there is upside, I may increase stakes. If no upside, well my child will get to build his treehouse, my hubby will get his landed dream fulfilled, and I simply will get a huge kitchen to bake. lol... Having said that, the industrial demand in Iskandar is gaining traction, not just from petroleum storage and related activities, but also in the components and BMS space. IRDA in time to come, will be an economic contender to watch for. My two cents.

Oh yes, speaking of horizon hills, there's a fantastic blog by a Singaporean couple who stays in HH and commutes daily to Sgp for work. Pretty interesting read about life in iskandar.

I got very inspired about gardening after reading her blog!

http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Oh yes, speaking of horizon hills, there's a fantastic blog by a Singaporean couple who stays in HH and commutes daily to Sgp for work. Pretty interesting read about life in iskandar.

I got very inspired about gardening after reading her blog!

http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/
    There is nothing inspiring at all about living in jb, in fact it's tougher to live there cos u have to be extra careful n alert whenever u are driving or if u are living in a landed property..

we can summarised that buying into iskandar is like buying a singapore dream which meanywill never achieve in sg. whether the dream comes true or turn out as nightmare, only time will tell.