Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I suspect next CM will have curbs or taxes on PR buying resales.

Default I suspect next CM will have curbs or taxes on PR buying resales.

Those who wanna upgrade, better start planning, as once the curbs comes in, the HDB resale market will cool a little.

But this measure will boost temporarily suburban private property since PR will switch to private instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    Those who wanna upgrade, better start planning, as once the curbs comes in, the HDB resale market will cool.

But this measure will boost suburban private property since PR will switch to private instead.
    Errrr ... if PR can't buy resale, those who can barely afford pte buy BTO meh??

More likely to equalise the mkt .. right now the other side of equation is that buy resale hdb muz sell ur pte if u hold any; perhaps now to close the loop with those > 40k with both pte & hdb, & make those who upgrade sell their hdb bah ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Errrr ... if PR can't buy resale, those who can barely afford pte buy BTO meh??

More likely to equalise the mkt .. right now the other side of equation is that buy resale hdb muz sell ur pte if u hold any; perhaps now to close the loop with those > 40k with both pte & hdb, & make those who upgrade sell their hdb bah ...

That will affect locals and result in massive protests at Hong Lim Park. I think govt will target PR instead. PRs won't dare to protest ....... and cannot vote.

Old man used to encouraged Singaporeans not to sell their HDB, as it is an appreciating asset that can only go up. So many people have worked hard, saved and tried to upgrade to private while keeping their HDB asset, and renting out to foreigners coming to work in Singapore. This is a dream of many aspiring Singaporeans. Would they reverse this policy and make upgraders sell their HDB? Then where would the foreigners stay (esp those who can't afford to rent PC)?

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    Old man used to encouraged Singaporeans not to sell their HDB, as it is an appreciating asset that can only go up. So many people have worked hard, saved and tried to upgrade to private while keeping their HDB asset, and renting out to foreigners coming to work in Singapore. This is a dream of many aspiring Singaporeans. Would they reverse this policy and make upgraders sell their HDB? Then where would the foreigners stay (esp those who can't afford to rent PC)?

This is not an issue. In China, many migrant worker families also cannot afford to rent a flat, what they do is rent a room. Whole family stay in 1 bedroom.

The bottom line is PR should not be allowed to purchase resale HDB. And those who bought should be given a grace period of 3 years to sell, otherwise, impose a 50% capital gains tax should they decide to sell after that 3 years.

Resale prices are very likely to be reigned in if they curb that space because it is no longer a question of affordability to locals and foreigners, it is a question of affordability solely to locals. And if it still goes up, locals are very very rich because I just can't imagine locals paying big chunks of COV.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Resale prices are very likely to be reigned in if they curb that space because it is no longer a question of affordability to locals and foreigners, it is a question of affordability solely to locals. And if it still goes up, locals are very very rich because I just can't imagine locals paying big chunks of COV.

As I can see, this is a demand vs supply issue. Drastically reduce the demand, jack up the supply (launch 40k units of BTO every year, allow singles to buy), then prices will fall.

Nothing to do with rich or not.

are we going to have this CM conversation every friday from now? yawnz

dont underestimate the locals. they are rich just kiam siap.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

i thot cm7 already tax SPRs who buy 1st property @ 5%?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    dont underestimate the locals. they are rich just kiam siap.
    Their giam siap-ness is an inherent cooling measure in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    i thot cm7 already tax SPRs who buy 1st property @ 5%?
    Yesh u r rite about CM7 i.e., PR will have to pay even if the purchase is a 1st property @ 5% (only wondering if that means reducing PRs buying hdb; pte mkt diff story since there is so much talk abt hdb & wat it means to s'poreans)

if PR cannot buy resale HDB, how HDB upgraders (sporean) can buy private condo?

Those who wanna upgrade, better start planning, as once the curbs comes in, the HDB resale market will cool a little.

But this measure will boost temporarily suburban private property since PR will switch to private instead.

Didn't know that PR can buy resales. Thought it has been abolished already. No money to upgrade, then don't upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know
    There were some older ones here who probably sold their hdb to a local and moved on to condo or even landeds.

There is little coreelation between who you sell your place to an your ability to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    Didn't know that PR can buy resales. Thought it has been abolished already. No money to upgrade, then don't upgrade

well its not just abt upgrade. not everyone want to upgrade. some want to just retire. sell get a nest egg go stay with kid. at least have $ to live for retirement.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Their giam siap-ness is an inherent cooling measure in itself.
    doubt so. its in the DNA. Anyone sell there place here to local folks who like to bargain $1-2K? When told another offer XXX price they always dont believe. come back 2weeks later to match but people already moved on.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

[QUOTE=minority]well its not just abt upgrade. not everyone want to upgrade. some want to just retire. sell get a nest egg go stay with kid. at least have $ to live for

as long as hdb resale price is stabilised, there wont be any cm on this category.
    Ong lai ah!

what if new bto is 30% cheaper ($400K becomes $280K) as hyping up by minister khaw.
    what is the ripple effect to resale price?

Quote Originally Posted by onglai
    as long as hdb resale price is stabilised, there wont be any cm on this category.

what if new bto is 30% cheaper ($400K becomes $280K) as hyping up by minister khaw.
    i guess it depend on wat conditions that come with it.
    Ong lai ah!

Because these cheap bto will not be made available to the market until mop which could be 10yrs. Also if these bto can only sell to hdb, there is none released to the resale mkt.

kbw sell new bto cheaper doesn't mean owners will sell cheaper next time. I think the 30% discount is really unnecessary n wasting taxpayers money.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    kbw sell new bto cheaper doesn't mean owners will sell cheaper next time. I think the 30% discount is really unnecessary n wasting taxpayers money.
    However there are many noises on the ground saying bto prices is unaffordable when compared to the past. Some are expecting to clear hdb loans within 10years or so.

Future resale prices does not really matter. Kbw is promising the younger and future generations an affordable first home to start a family.

I feel the govt is paying too much attention to first time home buyers who are simply a generation of noise makers who want things the easy way out. for gen x n before who buy hdb flats from govt, did these ppl ask govt to give discounts for flats or sell it at same price that their parents bought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    However there are many noises on the ground saying bto prices is unaffordable when compared to the past. Some are expecting to clear hdb loans within 10years or so.

Future resale prices does not really matter. Kbw is promising the younger and future generations an affordable first home to start a family.

If no money to upgrade, don't upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I feel the govt is paying too much attention to first time home buyers who are simply a generation of noise makers who want things the easy way out. for gen x n before who buy hdb flats from govt, did these ppl ask govt to give discounts for flats or sell it at same price that their parents bought?
    I am gen x but I think young generation has their fair share of concern. BTO and resale price has amlost doubled, way beyond my time merely 12 years ago. Their income now is probably a small fraction of higher than mine at that time.

We have enough gain from our housing policy. Give the young ones some breathing space.

Given all the pros and cons of alternative housing, government may just continues with more calibrated cooling measures to acheive its goal. This soft landing is better than alternative housing. It will allows people time to cash in/out and also the opportunity to buy at more affordable prices.

Kbw is smart. He can:

A)offer 1 class of housing that is cheap but with no chance of capital appreciation, can only sell back to HDB and

B)offer flats at the current system at the same time.

This will shut the squealers up once and for all. You want cheap housing you get it, but don't expect to make money out of it. Or you opt for the current system. See there are how many takers....

This is not an issue. In China, many migrant worker families also cannot afford to rent a flat, what they do is rent a room. Whole family stay in 1 bedroom.

The bottom line is PR should not be allowed to purchase resale HDB. And those who bought should be given a grace period of 3 years to sell, otherwise, impose a 50% capital gains tax should they decide to sell after that 3 years.
    Very nice you are... it should be one year max to sell.. else must srll back to hdb at cost.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!