Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenobi-wan revealed the hard truth

Default Kenobi-wan revealed the hard truth

More than 80% of those age 35 and above earn less than $5,000?

That’s the information provided by Khaw in response to questions that the new scheme to allow singles earning $5,000 and below to buy new 2-room flats in non-mature estates directly from HDB, benefitted only a small group.

Singapore citizens so underperforming meh?! age 35 and above 80% are below 5k per month ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

singles, not married couples

Quote Originally Posted by sky61
    singles, not married couples
    no wonder MOM labour/income reports never breakdown SCs, SPRs and foreigners ... i think SCs 80% are in the dark side of the moon

so 2 singles in a marriage earns average 10k per month median quite good le

Maybe they are under declaring their income?
    Those who are 35 years old and above earning <$5K per month are not considering marriage as they feel that it will be difficult to start a family especially if they are going to be the sole breadwinner.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Come on, 35 years old and above earning <$5k a month? Isn't this very much too low at today's market?!

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    so 2 singles in a marriage earns average 10k per month median quite good le

How to under-declare? Most are probably employees and it is their employer who pay their CPF on their behalf, so can't cheap right?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Maybe they are under declaring their income?
    Those who are 35 years old and above earning <$5K per month are not considering marriage as they feel that it will be difficult to start a family especially if they are going to be the sole breadwinner.

exactly, I have the same thinking as teddybear ... something is very bad .. if this is true, it must be that many SPRs/foreigners are outperforming SCs in that age group of above 35

in fact I expect singles to earn more because they put more time into work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aWeorZK4EjA

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    exactly, I have the same thinking as teddybear ... something is very bad .. if this is true, it must be that many SPRs/foreigners are outperforming SCs in that age group of above 35

How u know how much SPRs/ foreigners earning?
    And how many percentage of them making more than $5000?
    Pls provide source.

up to them to say...we just listen...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

That's why 80% of our housing is catered by hdb.

One possible explanation is maybe those single earning > $5000 are more marketable and got married.

I think it's true. Household income of $10k quite norm right? So $5k each sounds about right?

I think the bros and sis here are in a different league so have rather different expectations.

From 2010 population stats
    Total SC singles 35yrs & above are 223,000

Breakdown by education level is
    Uni 50000
    Diploma & professional 29000
    Post Sec 24000
    Sec 42000
    Below Sec 78000

Total with non-Uni is 78%. Can we assume these groups earn <5K?

That’s the information provided by Khaw in response to questions that the new scheme to allow singles earning $5,000 and below to buy new 2-room flats in non-mature estates directly from HDB, benefitted only a small group.

Singapore citizens so underperforming meh?! age 35 and above 80% are below 5k per month ...
    You got it wrong. Accordling to TODAY,

More than eight in 10 singles aged 35 and above here, excluding retirees, earn below S$5,000 and will thus qualify to apply for a new two-room flat from the Housing and Development Board (HDB), said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan in Parliament yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PN

Uni 50000
    Post Sec 24000
    Sec 42000
    Below Sec 78000

hmmm ... this explains ... thanks for info

For a long time, we only see statistics about Singaporeans in Singapore, and the Singaporeans has a footnote: Include citizens & PRs.....
    Strangely, statistics about Singapore, especially when it comes to income is never about CITIZENS only???
    And it is also very common to hear citizens being bypassed for promotions, large salary increments in favor of foreign workers/talents (or whatever foreign is good!). Heard some big organizations' heads bring in truck load of their own people from their kampong overseas... Wonder how they justify these people when the same jobs can be filled by locals since they are only mid-level jobs?

That is why I say government is not sincere in helping singles... Why have a income limit on Single buying HDB? Why I don't see that placing a salary limited on PR buying resale HDB?

The fact is clear... PR are buying HDB while Single Singaporean under 35 years old cannot buy...

1) Singapore Couple is first class citizen
    2) PR is second class citizen
    3) Single Singaporean is third class citizen.

Why PR can buy HDB but Single Singaporean cannot buy? HDB is for Singaporean or for foreigners?

Single can buy resale HDB right?

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    That is why I say government is not sincere in helping singles... Why have a income limit on Single buying HDB? Why I don't see that placing a salary limited on PR buying resale HDB?

The fact is clear... PR are buying HDB while Single Singaporean under 35 years old cannot buy...

Why PR can buy HDB but Single Singaporean cannot buy? HDB is for Singaporean or for foreigners?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    For a long time, we only see statistics about Singaporeans in Singapore, and the Singaporeans has a footnote: Include citizens & PRs.....
    Strangely, statistics about Singapore, especially when it comes to income is never about CITIZENS only???
    And it is also very common to hear citizens being bypassed for promotions, large salary increments in favor of foreign workers/talents (or whatever foreign is good!). Heard some big organizations' heads bring in truck load of their own people from their kampong overseas... Wonder how they justify these people when the same jobs can be filled by locals since they are only mid-level jobs?

Nope. I m Singaporen and I get promoted every 2 yrs or so.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Did a quick search and from MOM website year 2012 our median gross monthly income is $3480/-, including employer CPF, So if based on this figure 80% of single earn below 5k should be correct, right?

http://www.mom.gov.sg/statistics-pub...ngs-wages.aspx

Its to encourage them go get married.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

1) so now u know why there is a growing discontent on the ground.

2) i can tell u that some TERTIARY graduates > 35 years old are NOT earning > 5k. maybe just some, not many but there are graduates who are > 35 who are earnings < 5k. and if even some grads earn less than 5k, think about those who are less educated. unless they are business owners or high fliers, most earn <5k.

3) too many pple in this forum are graduates and/or doing too well (obviously, since most are condo owners) and are disconnected from other singaporeans who stay in hdbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    1) so now u know why there is a growing discontent on the ground.

2) i can tell u that some TERTIARY graduates > 35 years old are NOT earning > 5k. maybe just some, not many but there are graduates who are > 35 who are earnings < 5k. and if even some grads earn less than 5k, think about those who are less educated. unless they are business owners or high fliers, most earn <5k.

3) too many pple in this forum are graduates and/or doing too well (obviously, since most are condo owners) and are disconnected from other singaporeans who stay in hdbs.

u mean have grad cert must guarantee earn more than 5K? I know Singaporean without grad cert earn more than 5K . How can that be then?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by PN

Uni 50000
    Post Sec 24000
    Sec 42000
    Below Sec 78000

So some number crunching. seems like suddenly all statistic experts.

if 80% of single earn under 5K. so 80% X 223K = 178K

178K is 5.5% of the core Singaporean population of 3.2M

223K - 178K = 45K

Assuming grads earn more than diploma . So base on the break down above abt we can assume abt 5000 single graduates dont earn more than 5K. Could be they are under performers or under reporting income etc. either way its a low % above 35 single working grads. 5% of 50K grads.

I think the single grads are doing ok. Post sec and below singles that would need more help.
    Last edited by minority; 13-03-13 at 00:55.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Last time PR can buy under sibling scheme, no need wait till 35 yrs n still single.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Nope. I m Singaporen and I get promoted every 2 yrs or so.
    That's why you are in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Super agreed with your observation.
    I also noticed such practise on

1) unemployment rate (I suspect if we count sc alone... it will showed must higher unemployment rate... I doubt gahment would dare to tell us that PR has higher employment rate than SC)

2) graduate program enrollment (if count pure SC... I think the real figure may dropped to 50-60% thus may kena questioned by SC... education for Foreigners... NS for SC...)
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

A uni grad, say grad at 25, 26. Say starting pay is $3k. After 10yrs of working, assuming no promotion and just getting normal annual increment, will hit about 5k pretty much at 35.

This is considering NO PROMOTION. if such baseline also cant meet, it means something is wrong with your work attitude and performance, which is why wil resort to become keyboard warriors and blame gov for every single thing. Useless bum. Disgrace to the majority of graduates whom are hardworking and have the hunger to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Super agreed with your observation.
    I also noticed such practise on

1) unemployment rate (I suspect if we count sc alone... it will showed must higher unemployment rate... I doubt gahment would dare to tell us that PR has higher employment rate than SC)

2) graduate program enrollment (if count pure SC... I think the real figure may dropped to 50-60% thus may kena questioned by SC... education for Foreigners... NS for SC...)
    What is this? Graduate enrollment priority is always for sc. But enrollment is low because sc prefers to work and party, no desire to upgrade edu level. Others are willing to burn weekend and weekday evening to do assignments. Some even willing to take paycut to study full time. Pls dont any how conclude about "edu for foreigners, ns for sc"